Baylor Scott & White Health Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Clinical Laboratory Technician / Floater (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2018
fast paced
birthdays
patients
community
clubs
benefits
hours
Pros
careers
Cons
breaks
I would recommend this hospital to both a new or an experienced nurse.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Close relationships with both co-workers and upper management adds to the quality of experience in this workplace.

The workplace culture is one of collaboration and team work which contributes to the quality of work life.

The upper management team listens to the workers in the trenches regularly. It is not uncommon for a senior leader to have either a break or lunch with a nurse.

I have learned that I am personally responsible to speak up if there is a problem and expect to be respected as a member of the team to assist in finding the solution.
Pros
Close team relationships.
Cons
Pace required in the industry today.
Team Environment
Full-Time Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Nice place to work. Mostly great staff and team environment could be more consistent and treat everyone equally. Due to high turnover rates management allows some staff to continue working despite unprofessional behavior.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay and high turnover rate
Horrible moral in clinic
CERTIFIED CLINICAL HEMODIALYSIS TECHNICIAN, CCHT (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TX 76549January 18, 2018
People in Training are getting paid more than people who have a college degree 14 months experience and are State Certified. This is why they always say do not discuss your pay because then they realize we will find out that they are screwing us.
Fast-paced Work
OR Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Busy working with Ortho- Neuro- and General surgeons. It's fast-paced yet fun.

Use O-arm , C-arm, Portable-CR and DR Radiology. Work as a team and runs smoothly.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Overall this was a good company to work for. The hours were great. The management was ok. And the pay was great for that time. They did give you benefits. And it was a good working pace.
Not a happy employee
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 17, 2018
They do not appreciate the job that you do no matter the position you are in. Our office has been short staffed since October and they are just now hiring people and not enough but refuse to hire anymore.
PACS/RIS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I was given the opportunity to learn, grow and advance within the hospital. I enjoyed the employees that I worked with, it was like having an extended family.
Good work place
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Very good place to work at, management and staff are very friendly. SCRUM Agile environment, friendly company that takes care of its employees and contractors. Good benefits, promotions are done when earned and open door policy with staff.
good work enviorment
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Very good work enviorment
under staffed sometimes
team work oriented
compensation is lacking
allow for flexabity during schooling
ability to learn many different exams

Want to know more about Baylor Scott & White Health?

Ask a question
Dramatic place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 17, 2018
If management would do there job and make people work according to there job description it would be a better place. I really like my job it is the not knowing if your job is secure due to drama. I have been working in central services since I've been employed. I do want to scrub but they say they need me in central services.
Pros
15 min breaks plus 30 min luch break
Cons
You dont have a voice
fast-pace,competative
National Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Fast-pace office. Did a lot of procedures there on a daily basis, but , they hired CNA's and called them and gave them MA titles.When I asked if there was any way that I could use my NCMA title to apply for a position that became avalilable in the clinic that would be accepetional for an MA, I was informed that I would have to go back to school and become a LPN, because they do not recognize MA's at their clinic for that kind of job( giving injections,and doing anything else a MA is aloud to do).
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Cons
short breaks
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 16, 2018
I worked at Baylor Garland and the culture was like no other, it was like a family. Everyone was very involved in hospital activities and they really cared about their employees.
Fast pac environment , very productive
Answering Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2018
1. 10 Hour shift
2. Fast pace work environment
3. Managment is pretty good, wish that would work hands on as far as on borading training
4. The hardest part about the job is taking emergency calls
Pros
The joy of assisting callers
Cons
Short breaks for such a long shift
Fast going, productive, need better work enviroment
Customer Service Representative level 2 (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 14, 2018
The contact center is a good starting place and good for younger generations. It is fast going which is good but the clinics and the contact service representatives are not on the same page. There is a lot of miss communication between the locations and the clinic requirements are not always up to date.The contact center it self is not very clean environment to work or healthy.
positive experience
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 12, 2018
I loved pulmonary. I love the patients.My manager was an amazing supervisor. i love the checkin/checkout staff. I loved the physcians. I love the PFT staff. I love the bronch staff. It was truly a team effort. This team taught me that patient care was more than the medical aspect of medical care.
Pros
It never felt like work
Cons
The pay
Not medco
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Baylor yes but you don’t want to work for MEDCO. Poor management, very high turnover. Unrealistic expectations. ——————————————————————————————-———————
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Productive and family like environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2018
The environment at BUMC was very fast paced and productive. Everyone worked as a team and family. The Job was fairly easy. The manager made for sure they did their daily rounds and Have Put helpful advice, which made the job less complicated.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Shortage of people
Great Company, depending on where you are in the company, pay can be hard
Contact Center Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 11, 2018
this is a great company, these are people that really care about the patients and go above and beyond to help them. all of my coworkers here are genuinely amazing people. this particular job in the contact center doesnt pay very well. I mean, its okay if you dont have car note, rent, insurance, light and water bills, if you're young and dont have those responsibilities then its perfect! but as an adult with those responsibilities, its hard to make it with the pay we get...the only thing that is making me consider leaving is that
Pros
great people, relaxing job with purpose, teamwork and collaboration, benefits, discounts at various places
Cons
Pay
Great environment loved working there
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Going to work and walking through the door to greet the front desk people, they had an option for us to use the elevator or the stairs, going to a desk I would make sure I had coffee because we would have to go down stairs to talk to customers face to face if they came to the main building. I would start by checking our voice mails and addressing them as well as check the fax machine for fax received by customers, then I would check the portal where CSA would need assistance from the billing department end and assist them with the information sent, answer calls from the CSA and assist them with customer information needed to proceed with their task. I learned so much with billing and drafting and sending letters and making sure information is accessible for the whole billing team. The hardest part of my job was leaving. Everything was enjoyable even with the high stress but when they changed managers I just started to see people go one by one.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Not enough time in the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Health. Our community is ready to answer.