Baylor Scott & White Health Employee Reviews

Stressful
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX clinicSeptember 20, 2017
You have to watch your back. Managers have favorites. My former manager was very receptive to certain nurses and dismissive of others causing a strained,stressful, political working environment. Way to much emphasis placed on swat goals, pulling you away from the work you were hired to do. Low morale, high turnover, salaries not competitive.
Pros
near some great shopping, RR outlet mall.
stressful bad managment
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 17, 2017
under staffed at times. managers were sometimes late opening up store, although all of the employees got along for the most part the managers picked favorites, stressful because of lack of training
Low salary
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I was very excited to begin a career with BSWH. There are many opportunities for advancement, as well as transfer opportunities. However, I am very disappointed in the compensation.
No Communication
Manager HCC / Risk Adjustment (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 15, 2017
People were put in position they did not know how to manage.
Internal rules were not followed.
Company policies
There was a negative attitude after Baylor came in
Pros
Great providers
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lakeway, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Enjoyed my work day, fast pace and always busy. Great co workers and management. The doctors were great to work with. Always had everything needed to do my job with.
Pros
Well adjusted office
Cons
Needed more help
BSWHealth
Senior Recruiter, Allied Health Services (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Fortunately, I have had the opportunity to see this very large healthcare system change and the changes are not conducive for legacy employees, any longer. They have grown this network so aggressively within the last 2 years that they have forgotten about the tenured Baylor employee. New leadership is definitely NOT something to be excited about, either. I really do NOT see the light, at the end of the tunnel.
Pros
Flexibility with work schedule
Cons
excessive & unorganized changes that are NOT thought out before leadership implements them.
very fast paced environment
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I learned a lot working for Baylor scott & white. I would not only work my department but others as well when they were short staffed. I worked in the lab, learned things about different test and also collected urines.
Love my co-workers
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Great group of nurses working Night shift! Great teamwork and fun to be around!! Not happy working night shift anymore, hard on my family and myself. Most nights off I am unable to sleep!
Work Load
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I have worked 50 and 54 hours a week no lunch breaks for 2-3 months at a time, I learned Epic this was very good . I did not care for management it was not fair
Has opportunity but severely lacks competitive pay scale for healthcare.
Contact Center Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Serving the patient is the number one objective. It can be difficult but more rewarding overall. The turnover rate is very high for the company as a whole. The pay is not comparable to other big name health organizations which explains much of the high turn over rate. They are greatly expanding operations which creates opportunity but don't expect to advance easily with only experience.
Productive, Fast Pace, Fun Place to Work
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Baylor Scott and White is a very productive place to work. It is a fast paced environment to work in. It is a fun place to work. All the staff is great! We joke around with each other when it is appropriate, ask what is wrong with our staff when they are sad/down in the dumps, throw parties for holidays, birthdays, etc. I worked in a call center. I entered new patient information, insurance, request for prescriptions, labs, etc. I also scheduled doctors appointments and cancelled appointments as well. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer program and passing a test in two weeks. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the patients and the staff.
Pros
hour lunches, paid time off, etc.
Great Place to Work
Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Before I was employed with Baylor Scott and White, I struggled to find a place I really enjoyed working. I love my job and the people I work with. I work in the ED so it's face-paced, quick-on-your-feet kind of position but it's a great job and I really enjoy my work.
Pros
Fun evnironment, Employee Benefits, 401K, Pto
Cons
Low employee morale lead to high turnover
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Employees measured for goals which weren't ever specified; not given tools/training to succeed. Ageism and public call-outs leading to low employee morale and turnover; many talented employees left to do same job at competitors
Nice environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 30, 2017
Managers worry about the wrong thing too much flirting, the job should be number one they so busy worried about Eye lashes, finger nails , that they forget about cleaning, managers flirt too much and always worried about employees personal life. Those who they flirt with gets away with the most but those who don't flirt back gets rode the most not fair.
Pros
Nothing's free
Cons
No good appreciate month
Growing place to work
Director of Marketing & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 29, 2017
I really enjoyed the people and culture Baylor has to offer. They treat everyone professionally and fairly. I would work for the system again in the future.
Good place to advance
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2017
Overall good experience, very strict rules to get used to. But one can get used to this situation if you set your mind to a place that is very professional and expects their associates to be the same.
Pros
clean work environment
Cons
rigid work culture
Stressful
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2017
The new management team says they are all about the team, but in reality, they are against the team. More and more work keeps getting piled on with no regards to current workload. Unrealistic time frames. One would think working for a health care facility, the medical benefits would be great, but it is not.
Pros
Downtown location
Good benefits, good pay, no chance to use PTO
LVN (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 28, 2017
Self schedule, good benefits, mostly good work environment, long hours, always asked to work extra on days off, no one to take up your days for a vacation when you want to use your PTO
Best Job
HR Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2017
Loved everything about my job in Human Resources and the health care organization. Then there was a change in the culture and next a reduction in the workforce.
Pros
Baylor had a great reputation with cutting edge process, it was a family, team spirit and management cared for the employees.
Cons
It will take years to bring the organization up to the level it was before the change in the culture
Good chance to advance
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2017
Good chance to advance in other modalities
teamwork and training very positive in CT
Nurses/doctors work well with other modalities
upgraded facilities are very nice
Pros
good teamwork in CT
Cons
Lack of teamwork in general radiology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Baylor Scott & White Health Reviews by Location