Baylor Scott & White Health Employee Reviews

99% of the time you are sitting and talking inbound calls and you are graded on those calls weekly
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas County, TXOctober 2, 2016
BSWH is a great place to work, being an employee of the company going on many years. I must say their been a lot of changes. Being able to work from home has been one of the greatest thing that BSWH has offered and has put into place for its employees. . They offer a Thrive program that pays you back with rewards ..You earn great gifts and prizes. Training is available. Overall it is a great place to work with any job comes dislikes... poor management, favoritism, gossip, and disappointed pay scales for the work you do.
Pros
Free girfts through thrive, free lunches, $15 christmas gift cards.
Cons
Pay could be higher, little to no advancements., turnover is high
A decent place to work with okay management and unpunished drama.
Physician Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2016
It's a decent place to work if you're looking for okay pay and mediocre, one-sided management that only pretends to take your concerns into consideration. Working here feels a lot like high school with all the circles of gossip queens that'll take the first chance to make you look bad for their own personal gain. As for management, they favor the ones in said "circle" and use them strictly for information and if you're a gossip queen or tattle tail you'll get your small raise once evaluations come and even then it's not much, but everyone feels self-important here.
I've never felt so uncomfortable working somewhere, and I can't say Baylor Scott & White as a whole is the same, but as for the clinic I work for and others I know of: you're sure to make a decent pay and watch your life slip away as you slave at your job with little to no advancement and no acknowledgement for the over and above you go when it comes to patient care. Perhaps new management is the answer. Out with the ineffective and old, and in with the productive and new. On the bright side you get quite a few free lunches a couple times a week if not ever day of the week.
Pros
Decent pay, good experience, and occasional free lunches.
Cons
Poor management, no career advancement, and circle of favorites that seek to ruin your persona at work.
Poor management and too many politics
Manager Environment of Care & Emergency Management (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 13, 2016
High stress job that makes it difficult to balance home life and work life. Management overtask responsibilities and expect you to live, eat,and breath the job, especially on weekends. Management show favoritism. Very good pay and excellent benefits.
Horrible place to work no employee consideration
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Central, TXApril 16, 2016
This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. There is no consideration for employees. You are basically a number that can be replaced on a whim. Management has little interest in fostering innovation. Employees are packed into work spaces like cattle. There are zero accommodations provided by the company if needed. Extremely high turnover rate. Many departments/regions/managers will work against each other, even to the point of sabotaging and bad-mouthing different departments to get ahead, no unification whatsoever.
Pros
Better than average pay, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Health discounts instead of insurance coverage, local only, No team culture or unity.
Overall Great place to work depending on which unit you work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 29, 2016
Overall BSW has great benefits and pay your for experience.You are allowed plenty overtime.However my experience on 7n was terrible. The managers are bullies and unprofessional. The nurses hardly help at all. Typically on nights you have 19pts alone,vitals at 11,3...accuchecks at 8and 5....Nurses wouldn't even get ice if they walked right past the machine on the way to a apt...If it wasn't for the management on 7n BSW would be a excellent place to work.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
7n management
Bullied is the Culture
Professional (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 19, 2016
If you like to be BULLIED by Resident Doctors and RNs than this is the place for you! And if you go to upper management or HR you will likely be putting your job on the line... termination. Always have to keep the residences happy despite how these "baby doctors: treat you. The pay can be good but is it worth your sanity as the bullying and harassment can destroy you.
Pros
pay
Cons
bullying, harassment, bad culture
Former Employee
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 19, 2016
Upper Management and Leadership is the problem. The negative culture will never be changed because of the lack of positive and present leadership.Integrity is not a given, nor is teamwork. There is no accountability at any level for providers. Although they advertise teamwork, integrity, servant hood, there are few managers that display those characteristics.Their mission and values sound awesome but are not displayed through the organization. There is favoritism among staff as well as leadership. Its hard to come to a place where there is no managerial support, guidance or accountability.
Pros
patients
Cons
leadership, management
great benefits
Financial Assistance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2016
The benefits are great at Baylor however management is horrible. I work at the downtown Dallas location. There are advancement opportunities available.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
horrible management
Great experience builder
Public Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2016
Its a great experience builder if you plan on learning more about security and working your way up into a police officer position in the health care industry.
Pros
The salary is reasonable
Cons
12 hour shifts/ No alternative advancement of security guards other than Police Officer.
great place to work
Education and Training Team lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2016
This is a great place to work!! management was great!!! Rewarding job!! love this place. Great place for career advancement...
Unprofessional, disorganized, sadly disappointing for being Baylor
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2016
Outpatient pharmacy has a huge turn around in technicians, probably due to the lack of a decent supervisor or management team. 95% of the staff there has only been employed there for less than 6 months including pharmacists. It's like a huge daycare where you are constantly told what you can't do. You get timed when going to the bathroom or for a water break even though no food or drinks are allowed in the pharmacy including water. No cell phones which is understandable. You are scheduled when ever they need you regardless of what your availability is even when you request days off months in advance. No sick time and if you do happen to call in sick you use a day of pto. Hardly any opportunity for growth in the company. Parking for new employees is about 5 blocks away from the actual hospital and if you park any where closer you get ticketed.
Pros
Hmm...pay is decent
Cons
Management, no breaks, short lunches, lack of seasoned technicians
Dont work at DDA Plano
Nationally Certified Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 13, 2016
decent pay at dda. Management a complete joke. Clinical operations manager former CNA has never been in a management role before. It definitely shows, plays favorites has no idea what she is doing. You constantly float unable to hire a dedicated float pool. Cant get own work done for doing others. High turn over. Using employee scheduling software forbidden by legal at Baylor. Nurse manager equally clueless. Employees walking out on daily basis. What a joke!
Pros
Free lunch from med reps
Cons
Clueless supervisors
hard work and very incompetent pay but awesome coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2016
Coworkers are really the best part of this system. My director and manager were nice and caring but I am sure they constantly have to receive pressure from upper management to cut staff and budget so they can get that fat bonus at the end of the year. I can't speak for other managers but mine was good; the upper leadership just like everywhere else is rigged up and they just want money and cut budget so they can cash in bonus checks. That is just what healthcare is though, just a business making money for people up there, and Baylor can't get out of that rut either.

nurses and techs have to live with that kind of management and just fight on day by day to get work done with as little as they have, and pay is the worst in entire metroplex. their pay really stinks, insurance is ckrap.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
see above
Great Culture
Healthcare Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
Great to company to work for, good benefits and nice growth potential. What I like the most is the culture is fun, warm, and very welcoming.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Can a little better
Worst place to work ever!!!!
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2016
If I could give Baylor Scott & White Department of Public Safety no stars, I WOULD. The upper management is a joke, the employees in the department no longer have any ambition to come to work, and the medical staff thinks we are here to butter their bread. Management wants you to think we're a real police department, but I can assure you... We're not. You honestly don't get compensated enough for the stuff you do. I would not recommend ever working for this department under current management.
Pros
The company overall is good but not this department
Cons
Too many to name.
Challenging
Ultrasound Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2016
Over the past 16+ years I have been able to grow from a student to a seasoned Sonographer. Baylor, being a learning facility, has given me the opportunity to work with physicians, nurses, technologists and many others. Since BUMC (Baylor) is a transplant facility, I have had the opportunity to learn and become skilled at organ Doppler. Baylor is a 1000+ bed hospital. For the past two years I have been the Ultrasound Supervisor over-seeing a great group of Sonographers. As the supervisor, I divide my day into administrative and scanning patients. I provide help to my team by doing portable exams in our many ICUs, working in the ED when needed, assisting with kidney biopsies, training new students and residents. The hardest part of my job is the administrative side. I love being bedside providing patient care, probably due to my nursing background. I wish to be a full-time sonographer and leave the meeting/paperwork to management.
Pros
Wide range of pathology for learning
Cons
Too many meetings/paperwork.
A Company with a great mission
HRIS Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2016
The company has an excellent culture. Everyone is focused on serving the patients and saving lives. The CEO has a great vision and the company is growing rapidly.
Great place
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 14, 2016
Great place to work with a great benefits package. Definitely look out opportunities for growth and you will be rewarded within the system.
Stable and very professinal
Coder Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day at work was very professional, serious and very quiet. When working at home was very laid back and fun. This was my first coding job so I learned the basics and how to become a great coder. Management was always on top of things and we knew everything that was going on. My co-workers were ok but not very out going more to them selves. The hardest part of the job was it was always change on processes and coding. The most enjoyable part was working from home.
Pros
working from home, able to make up time missed
Cons
salary, turnover rate for supervisors
Very Interesting
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2016
i love this job
very very nice environment
very good management
very cooperate coworkers
there is not really hardest part
being work on the lab this is the most enjoyable part .