Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lake Pointe

Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lake Pointe Employee Reviews

No Health Insurance
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJune 7, 2017
HR is insanely hard to get a hold of. They hire you for one department, but shuffle you around the whole hospital. They call you on your days off to work. When you do work, half the time they send you home. And the housekeeping staff has 2 people to clean the whole hospital, which by the way is also constantly dirty.
A lot of being treated as a idiot.
Staff RN ICU Traveler (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXDecember 15, 2016
Typical day would in the most taking car of the patient. Short staffed. No secretary to answer phone. A lot about CV surgery. Management was usleless at times. Co-workers in the most part millennia's who focused on the computer than the pts. Supplies not available. Computor program sucked.

One enjoyable part of job worikng 6p-6a.
Pros
smaller facility.
Cons
Staff
Productive and learning
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXDecember 14, 2016
I love my job and the department that I work in. We all work very well together and stand behind each other. There is always something new to learn and someone willing to teach.
Awesome place to work
Temporary File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Very nice place to work coworkers were great the most enjoyable part was the people that came through. Management was great. I learned a lot about faxing, filing, scanning, etc.
work life
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  rowlettSeptember 23, 2015
I would have to arrive 15 minutes prior to my shift get the report from the previous patient care tech. I would go introduced muscle, patient's, take her vital signs and blood sugar. Assist the patient with ADLs. We also have to monitor our surgery patient, to vital signs every 2 hours, check Foley catheters and dressings. Also assist the patient with turning every 2 hours and check patient's skin. Take out Foley catheters when patient is discharged. Assisted nurse with with dressing change.
Pros
Hard-working coworkers
Cons
No flexibility with schedule, poor management skills
Great place to work!
RN-Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMay 29, 2015
I work on a very busy me/surg/pediatric floor. The staff is wonderful and work very well together. It feels like a family! Management is awesome and fair. The hardest part of this job is not having enough hours in the day to visit every patient on the floor! I really enjoy listening to each patient's life story!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no free lunch
Educational
OR Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXNovember 19, 2014
I learned how to manage a high stress job and be able to function without panicking.

The coworkers were very informative on the likes and dislikes of the doctors to better know what to have on the shelves to ensure they had what was needed.

Even on hard days the staff would come together and be sure that everyone was taken care of.
Pros
The day to day jokes to ease the tension of a busy day.
Cons
Never enough people to cover the entire workflow.
This hospital is very poorly ran!!!!
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXOctober 29, 2014
too many patients and not enough help. Managers sit in there office and dont help. They overwhelm there techs and nurses with to many patients.
Cons
too many to mention
Structured, friendly work enviornment
ER Unit Secretary/Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJuly 15, 2014
• Register in all incoming patients
• Collect all ER patient’s personal information and enter into computer
• Collect any money due and post money paid to patient’s account
• Answer all incoming phone calls that came into hospital and transfer call to their desired destination
productive company, my second family
CT/Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  6800 Scenic RoadJuly 5, 2014
Typical day at work includes trauma, trauma, and more trauma cases. Routine outpatients including geriatrics, pediatrics, special needs. Routine assisting radiologist with boiposies and drainages. Learned how to work alone, quickly and efficiently. Hardest part of the job seeing patients lose their loved ones. Enjoyable part of my job is knowing my coworkers were like my family, always there willing to lend a hand to help.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
feeling unappreciated

Want to know more about Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lake Pointe?

Ask a question
Great people to work with
Ultrasound Technologist, FULL TIME (Current Employee) –  Rowlette, TxMay 1, 2014
Good place to work for. Will be able to learn alot from working here.
Great Hospital
Student Phlebotomy Clinical (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXApril 8, 2014
I finished my clinical up at Lake pointe but, was a great place!
Great place to obtain experience and grow
Respiratory Therapist RRT (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Lake Pointe has a lot to offer both new graduates and those with experience in their field. I have and continue to learn new skills, develop outstanding relations with not only the physicians, nurses and staff but the patients as well. The employees are helpful, insightful and caring towards patients and their families putting them first. Lake Pointe also offers a variety of opportunities to grow within the company and to expand an employees value to the facility.
My day in the NICU
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TexasJanuary 13, 2014
I work the day shift and usually have 3 patients depending upon their acuity. From feeder/growers to infants that require oxygen.
I have learned a lot working here and learn something new every day.
I went through their nicu internship and that took about 3 months.
Management is supportive and my co-workers are fantastic.
The hardest part of the job is the constant floating between NICU and Nursery. One day in Nursery and the next NICU. I like both units but I find the continuity of care suffers if I cannot stay in one unit for the three shifts I work a week.
The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of my patients and watching them get better everyday and then finally being able to go home.
Pros
Day shift, close to home, great team work
Cons
limited type of patients IE; respiratory NICU patients only
Challenging and growing facility with changes and new projects always in the works.
Director of all Cardiopulmonary Departments (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXOctober 30, 2013
Developing and instituting new programs and instrumental in growing the facility. Instrumental in developing and successfully taking our Newborn nursery to a full Level III NICU. Learned marketing skills in promoting my Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab Depts. Grew and developed our respiratory therapists and dept with onsite education programs and rotations to outside Dallas NICU facilities. Brought my 3 depts to a team cooperation attitude with an atmosphere of not only increased professional attitudes and skill levels but fostered depts that truly enjoyed their work and cooperative levels of working as a team to make entire dept successful in meeting our goals. Instituted many team goals involved in community programs such as annual Cystic Fibrosis fund raising events, annual walk-a-thons, celebration weeks for recognition of Respiratory Care Week in appreciation of all the hard work performed throughout the year by the respiratory therapists. Worked closely with COO and Administration in developing and growing the depts. Gained the support and respect of top Administration for the support of my depts. Most difficult part of my position was when employees had to be dismissed from their positions.
Pros
Monthly celebrations for entire hospital staff presented by Admin, as well as working in an atmosphere of friendly, and truly supportive individuals that wanted everyone to succeed.
Cons
Always being on-call 24/7 for issues, staffing emergencies, etc.
Looking for something more stable
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJanuary 13, 2013
A typical day for me would be to immediately check every unit for any forms that need to be scanned and uploaded into our database. I will receive phone calls from other facilities or doctors' offices needing information on residents. In-house and discharged charts are audited. Of course there's filing and copying. I actually love what I do. It's a perfect fit for me.
Pros
benefits, free lunch
Cons
unstable hours
Didn't enjoy this work place
State Tested Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHDecember 8, 2012
Understaffed frequently. Management is rude etc. Pay was low. no paid lunch so only 7.5 hour day.
Great Place, Miss it, Great staff
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXAugust 14, 2012
Lake Pointe Medical Center, it was more thn a honor to be an employee of this Tenet family. I enjoyed working here, providing care to patients and most of all working with such great staff, the relocation of my family,hs beenmore than devastating to me. I really miss the Lake Pointe family, I would like to encourage everyone to choose this hospital for your medical attention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lake Pointe. Our community is ready to answer.

Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lake Pointe Reviews by Location