Baylor Scott & White Employee Reviews

Good management, good clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 12, 2017
I have had a few jobs and I noticed that with a great manager, everything else falls into place well. I loved working here and I know that my manager relocated but I visited and a lot of same staff is there, good place, Cardiology clinic! Love you guys
Pros
Great work team
Cons
Some staff still sick
Promotes good work ethic. Promotes within when possible.
Birth Registrar (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 11, 2017
I appreciate the workplace culture of BSW Hillcrest. There is a high standard of work promoting a high work ethic. There are many opportunities to grow and learn.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
busy environment
enjoyable part
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. They're the best ever. It makes your job a lot easier to do when you have great co-workers to work with.
Pros
listen to music while working
Cons
short breaks
Productive and team players
Collector 1 (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 4, 2017
clock in and start working immediately to be able to get your productivity and quality
I learned more about how to do follow-up on VA and other government accounts.
Management was busy every day with quality and productivity reports. Many emails from manager or huddles to explain something .
Work place culture was work orientated.
The hardest part was doing the productivity numbers when you had accounts that required more than 6 minutes of your time.
I enjoyed my job when everything was met and no stress.
Pros
Health benefits and PTO
Cons
high productivity required with Quality
Good coworkers
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2017
Was there a long time so it must be a good place to work. They offered many different areas to work...inpatient, Rehab and outpatient. The manager was firm but fair. They were good to me for many years.
If you need money and a stable job this is a decent place.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 30, 2017
The management was very selfish and terrible and after having a new company take over it got worse but better and the pay was no longer worth it. If you need the money take it, but if not try somewhere else if possible.
Pros
Money
Cons
Lack of management, lazy co-workers, and stressful environment
For the most part good people, poor management.
Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXNovember 22, 2017
For the most part good people, poor management. Serious issues with employees are not handled effectively and are allowed to continue. There is no regard for seniority or good work and loyalty to the company.
Pros
Paid time off, 401 K.
Cons
30 minute lunches.
Nursing culture
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXNovember 17, 2017
The nursing culture cultivated at Baylor Scott & White does not allow for nursing critical thinking and autonomy. Nurses are expected to follow orders and rules without questioning. In nursing this can be a very dangerous practice.
Read before applying
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 17, 2017
When I was offered a job with Baylor Scott and White, this meant everything to me. My co workers are amazing. The job is great. The manager is another story! I work in Access Service and love my job! But the mess and confusion my manager keeps up has me rethinking this! Baylor is a great company to work for. Finding the right person to talk to about a department issue has been difficult.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Untrustworthy management
lack of work, lack of management, benefits with Scott and White staff/doctors only
Scheduler Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2017
i quickly realized it was an unpleasant enviroment to work in, mainly due to lack of work, which management, thought sending employees home early was the solution, instead of cross training or bringing in more work.
Pros
salary
Cons
lack of work//management
Review
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 11, 2017
Baylor scott and white is a great place to work they really try and help everyone find the best job for that person you can move up and better your self it's always better oppurnitys
Workplace Culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXNovember 11, 2017
The workplace culture is micro-managed and not conducive to nursing. Nurses are not allowed to employ critical thinking skills that we have developed over many years of nursing. After 13 years of nursing and applying critical thinking, it is expected of me to no longer apply that to my practice.
lack of management support
PRN Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXNovember 8, 2017
very stressful and cut throat attitudes. Teamwork is unheard of, inpatient and outpatient teams very cliquish. Never felt welcome because not from that area. Would not recommend
Face pace
Pre-Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2017
Baylor was a very nice place to work. Personal did their best to welcome you to Baylor and give you what you need to succeed. The position of customer service was just a little to fast pace and didn't allow for time to properly intake the information and then document what you need to forward it on accurately. They were good in their efforts to try to help you succeed. I didn't care for the get on and get off the phone procedure. The working atmosphere of teamwork was great.
Pros
Decent pay and good working condition
Cons
Fast pace of get on/get off the phone
Poor management
PCT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2017
The management is terrible.. They love telling your personal business. They form groups and talk about each other. Plus you never know what to aspect when you come to work. They always float you to another unit with a heavy patient load.....
Pros
Pay
Cons
Never know what to aspect
Bswh
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 28, 2017
Formal training is very minimal. This is my experience everyones' is different hopefully this is not yours. Management expects you to assimilate to work flow almost immediately. Regardless, if you are new and unsure about your task & still learning. You are shown a few times and expected to know it and are thrown in at full speed either sink swim, this works for some and for others not. One size does not fit all and you are compared those previously before you. Asscoiates judge you and do not befriend you and make assumptions, the very thing that is taught in day 1 orientation not to do that stick with you. I hope your experience is better always give it a shot you never know.
Productive, very relaxed workplace.
EVS Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXOctober 24, 2017
Everyone is very friendly. Very clean and organized. Tried to finish somethings quick and get out the way. Flexible hours. Work out your schedules very easy. Good place to work.
Pros
Healthcare, etc.
very discriminated
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 23, 2017
horrible management in Respiratory department the hospital itself is great but poor management no room for growth unless you are favored by the ones in authority
good place
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 18, 2017
Nicest staff and doctors- thats why I have been there a long time. They dont pay as much as some other systems, but the people make up for it. I worked a 12 hour day, there is alot of shortage of staff, but that is the case in most hospitals. Management has always been on our side. The hardest part of the job is patient crowding and the most enjoyable part are the people
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay
Excellent workplace!
PCA (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 15, 2017
This has been one of the greatest companies I have ever worked for. Not only do they strive for the best quality care for patients, but as well as making the employees feel at ease. I also love the innergize system, you can earn points from others, and use those points for gift cards of your choice.