Baylor University Employee Reviews

Assistant Head Coach and Player Development (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 25, 2017
Baylor is a great place to work and be surrounded by ambitious career driven people. It is a workplace where you meet co-workers that turn into lifelong friends. I had a fantastic and memorable experience at Baylor and built many positive relationships. It was a life changing experience in the best way.
Productive and fun work place
F45 Fitness Trainer/Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 15, 2017
I typically see one to two clients a day, and train they for an hour each. I have a very flexible schedule, which has afforded me the opportunities to shadow at several physical therapy clinics and maintain status as a full time student. I enjoy working as a personal trainer for Baylor and coaching workout classes.
It was a student job
Telecounseling Center Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 6, 2017
It was a nice job overall. I called high school students to inform them about the university. The environment was nice and working with other students was nice.
Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2017
Must be part of click to fit in, supervisor encourage this behavior and participate in it to. It was a very stressful place to work with very little support.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
Hostile work environment
Great culture and atmosphere
Digital Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waco, TexasOctober 8, 2017
Awesome company that cares about each and every employee. Very easy to meet other people within Baylor to create life-long relationships. Top school in Texas without a doubt.
Wonderful work environment
Librarian Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 2, 2017
Wonderful work environment with hardworking and knowledgeable people. The working conditions were outstanding and employer expectations were reasonable.
A badly-ran university
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 1, 2017
Bureaucratic snafus are a norm in every department. Everybody I know has a story, sometimes lots of them, about the parking office screwing up or the wrong thing appearing on their bill and never getting corrected. Examples abound. Their problems with the athletics department are merely the visible manifestation of an overall problem of mismanagement by this university.
Pros
Cafeteria food is surprisingly good in some places
Cons
Terrible location
Incredible School/Incredible other departments
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 16, 2017
While in college I worked for a division of fundraising for Baylor. The school contracted out to a different company to run the fundraising department, but I was technically employed by Baylor. This job was difficult in that new were forced to ask people for money that didn't have any and refused multiple times, then we were penalized if they didn't give. Baylor as a business and institution is incredible and worth working for or attending. Only this certain division was tough for a student to wok for.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Fundraising
Commonly known as a resident advisor
Community Leader (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 14, 2017
The gig offers free roam and board for those who work. More than that, you're basically getting paid to hang out with a bunch of really cool college student and be their friend. Extroverts recommended
Great job, but difficult to get
Community Leader (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 10, 2017
This job is only open to Baylor University students, but it has great perks. Flexible scheduling, free room and board and easygoing supervisors. Very rigorous application process
Baylor call center
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 23, 2017
On days that I worked I called into accounts raising money for the school. They taught us various ways on how to raise money and they taught us how to overcome rebuttals. This environment was a very fun place to be in.
Pros
fun environment
Excellent Place of Learning
Master of Business Administration Student (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 18, 2017
The two years full time at Baylor University's Masters of Business Administration were some of the best moments of my career and life. It was a special appointment for me to learn business administration.
Pros
Learned and enjoyed
Cons
Time disappeared
Tutoring is fun and flexible
Volunteer Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 11, 2017
The schedule that was set for me to tutor at the local high school was very doable with my classes, and I really enjoyed going over there. If you don't have transportation, Baylor will help arrange carpooling for you.
Educational and fun place to work
Chapel Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 10, 2017
Working as a Chapel Camera Operator has enabled my broadcasting skills to grow tremendously. Having been given the opportunity to direct multiple broadcasts, my confidence in the field has grown.
several opportunities for work study
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 5, 2017
Several options around campus for work study, under a loving and caring staff. You have to look for the these jobs outside of the website. Several of the jobs available are great exposure but not on website. Take time to look and network for the best jobs
Baylor Telecounselors
Baylor Telecounselors (Former Employee) –  Waco, TexasJune 21, 2017
• Communicated and guided prospective students through the Baylor application process as well as answered questions regarding attendance at Baylor University.
• Assisted the Telecommunications team reach a 20% increase in student application for the early admission deadline.
• Gathered surveyed data for the admissions office on topics of majors, scholarships, and any concerns or questions related to Baylor University.
Baylor Student Job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2017
This was a fun side job at the nursing school that also gained me great experience in computer systems and library catalog systems. I mainly interacted with other nursing students and faculty but occasionally I was able to assist other people not associated directly with the school. Very fun and I am very thankful that I was able to get this job! Highly Recommend it, especially for study time when peak library traffic is low! I was only part time so no benefits and it was minimal wage. It was high value on friendship and community with my GREAT school! SIC'EM BEARS!
Pros
Awesome community
Cons
Student job so not high paying (wasn't expected)
Community Leader
Community Leader (Former Employee) –  Earle HallJune 7, 2017
I really enjoyed being able to hang out with the residents and getting to live life with them. Along with this, I was able to get free room and board, so that is always a plus.
Teacher of Record (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 5, 2017
Great place to work, great atmosphere of support and accountability in meeting job requirements. Baylor is a wonderful place to work with great staff and management.
fun
Summer Tennis Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 29, 2017
check in and check out players, coaching for the 3 week period room checks of a night, bus duties making sure all the kids were on the bus, making sure they eat and they are where they need to be each day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5