Baylor University Employee Reviews

Pretty good place to do graduate school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Work here was pretty good. Pay wasn't great though, but that is expected for a graduate school TA program. You are forced to go to a lot of seminars, which can be really irritating if you have a lot of work to do, which is not uncommon.

Another downside of working at Baylor, is that if you don't want to drive for 3 hours every day, you'll be living in Waco. Waco is the worst real city in Texas in my opinion, due to high crime and the general run-down state of most of the city.
Pros
Very flexible work
Cons
Low pay, forced seminars. Waco is a terrible city to live in.
Great city and great school
Graduate Teacher of Record (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 18, 2017
I typically do not write reviews, but I had to write one about Baylor because I am so proud to work here. Waco is a wonderful city. Those who say there is a lot of crime and nothing to do have obviously not explored this great city with wonderful people.
Pros
Great city and great environment
Cons
Mediocre pay
Graduate Student Working
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 31, 2016
Baylor is trying really hard to support its graduate student population so funding is better than most universities. Their is also open communication between administration and graduate students some of which live in the same university housing.
Fun and creative job
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Helped create content for the Department of Communication's social media accounts with two other interns. It was challenging and required creativity. We focused on how each account needed different content, as we were engaging different audiences.
It was a great experience
Primary researcher in execution of tissue analysis (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Baylor has a lot of opportunity for growth depending on the department for whom you work with. The people are very pleasant and willing to help. The town is not pleasant but the campus is beautiful
Fun Place to work the people get along
Intern for Operations and Facilities management (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 18, 2016
I was just an intern for the operations and facilities department but they were extremely friendly. There was a lot of work to do but there were some lulls due to the fact that most of the work had to be done by the project managers because it was critical that they oversaw and mad sure that the work was to their desired specifications.
Pros
sometimes the project managers would take me to jobs
Cons
sometimes the project managers were too busy to give me some work to do
Best job ever!
Associate Director of Student Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 22, 2016
I loved working for Truett Seminary at Baylor University. I was a student and this job worked great with my academic schedule. The staff became like family to me. I was sorry to graduate!
Encouraged community
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 24, 2016
I got to help and interact with residents and welcomed visitors. I had great co-workers. I also cleaned up and performed other tasks as needed.
Open environment and clean workplace
Anatomy Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 5, 2016
Went into the anatomy lab and set up lab specimens and models. Worked with professor who was an extremely lenient and supportive boss. Learned proper communicative skills with students and how to perform an effective presentation on difficult topics. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with lab dissections. Learned a great deal of anatomy and further increased my previous understanding of the subject.
A beautiful campus
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 11, 2016
The campus is beautiful and the facilities are first class. Students and professors are all very nice. It is a very nice place to work at.
Experience may vary by department
Temporary Employee­ Part Time (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 17, 2016
Worked in a department which heavily exploited part time employees. This may vary greatly by department. The work was not terrible but the management was poor at best.
Pros
Work could be engaging
Cons
Potential for a toxic environment
Baylo
Finance Tutor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 28, 2016
underwriting credit facilities (including RBLs), trading lines, and treasury products for oil and gas companies
• Create financial models in Microsoft Excel in order to forecast the financial position of borrowers in the loan portfolio
• Build valuation/cash flow models to assess and determine total value of proved reserves for RBLs
• Perform financial and credit analyses to determine appropriate obligor and facility risk ratings
• Author credit memorandums and present views to management for approval
• Established fundamental understanding of the oil
Short, Sweet and to the point
Concession Stand Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 10, 2016
You will always be busy with customers ordering food. I worked for Baylor before the new football stadium was built so our equipment at the time was a little worn down.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not enough games
Working with students in a Christian environment.
Secretary, Student Retention (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 13, 2015
Helped athletes and conditionally admitted students with course selection, evaluation of student progress in classes and monitored student workers. Knowledge of co-workers on advising students and willingness to help them be successful academically and socially. Challenging to write letters notifying students of probation. Enjoyed watching students achieve their academic goals.
Pros
Ability to take courses.
Cons
Time crunch during registration.
Great Spot
Graduate Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 29, 2016
Baylor is a great place to work with great people all around. It is a growing university; therefore, it makes working there all the more exciting.
Great on Campus Job
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 17, 2015
Working as an Office Assistant at Baylor is a great job for a student worker. There is a lot of flexibility in scheduling. It is an awesome environment in which you get to interact with residents and make new friends in the community.
Pros
Flexible hours. homework is able to be completed at this time
Cons
Late nights, compensation is minimum wage
Extremely fitting culture for me
Graduate Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 27, 2015
Work as a GA for Baylor University for several years. Baylor was one of the best places to be employed as a aspiring young professional and someone looking to establish an extensive network.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 1, 2016
A great place to work, because everyone is very nice and helpful. If you ever have a problem someone is always there to help.
A fun filled experience for student athletes as well as an educational
Director of Youth Camp/Youth Coach (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 20, 2015
All coaches, current athletes, and ex players involved enjoy giving back to the youth especially doing the thing that they love.To witness the energy that the young athletes possess actually lights a fire throughout the entire camp.
Pros
Classroom time, sponsored lunches, active participation bt all
Cons
Not enough time
Fun working enviroment with a lot of challenges.
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 31, 2015
I normally started out picking up deposit from the dining halls and taking them to the bank for deposits. Second, I delivered mail and packages around the campus. I learned better social skills and communications skills. My management team was very fair, firm, and professional. My co-workers were fun to be around and were all diligent. The hardest part of the job was jumping in and out of the van. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with the students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6