Baylor University Employee Review

View all Baylor University reviews

a workplace that encourages learning and continued training
AUDIO VISUAL RESOURCE CURATOR (Current Employee) –  Hooper-Schaefer Fine Arts Building, Waco, TXJanuary 9, 2014
Baylor has good benefits. I have many good hardworking co-workers. I've met many fine people while working at Baylor.

I'm usually at my desk before 8 am. If I have a reason to "bank" hours, I can eat in 30 minutes. I leave campus at 5 pm. I sometimes give makeup exams or show videos for our Art Historians. By 4 most academic activities, and student assistants, are over and gone. I do not work over 40 hours/week without supervisors approval.

I keep supplies stocked, machines backed up and maintenance and software for the 9 MAC computers that we use in the Art Department Resource Center. Computers are updated regularly and we do not have many problems with the Macintosh computers. Allbritton Art Institute is very generous. I attend Visual Resources Association national conference every year.

I've enjoyed Karaoke, Bar-B-Qs, Christmas parties and lunches with all the Department. I attend plays put on by the theatre department and concerts put on by the music department. They are always very good.

Baylor is a very pleasant place to work.

I think the chance to take courses outside my field of formal education.
Pros
Being encouraged to take seminars and attend conferences.
Cons
Being isolated in a small department.

Other Baylor University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
F45 Fitness Trainer/Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 15, 2017
I typically see one to two clients a day, and train they for an hour each. I have a very flexible schedule, which has afforded me the opportunities to shadow at several physical therapy clinics and maintain status as a full time student. I enjoy working as a personal trainer for Baylor and coaching workout classes.
It was a student job
Telecounseling Center Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 6, 2017
It was a nice job overall. I called high school students to inform them about the university. The environment was nice and working with other students was nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5