Baylor University

Baylor University Employee Reviews

Academic Mentor, Office of Academic Success (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 30, 2015
I liked working there. The people were great. I recommend it. It teaches you the complex business fundamentals for good business leadership
Relaxed atmosphere
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TexasAugust 9, 2015
Baylor campus is smewhat small and therefore the patrol area is small. Typical days are spent checking buildings and interacting with students. During the school year, many sporting events require officer presence.
Pros
Small department with good personell
Cons
Large ammount of mandated overtime.
Enjoyed working at Baylor
Assistant Head Coach and Player Development (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 18, 2015
Had some great experiences at Baylor University. I enjoyed working with the players and recruiting for the University.
A fun filled experience for student athletes as well as an educational
Director of Youth Camp/Youth Coach (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 20, 2015
All coaches, current athletes, and ex players involved enjoy giving back to the youth especially doing the thing that they love.To witness the energy that the young athletes possess actually lights a fire throughout the entire camp.
Pros
Classroom time, sponsored lunches, active participation bt all
Cons
Not enough time
A family/team atmosphere with everyone working on the University's mission
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 19, 2015
Baylor is a great place to work and to learn. There are great opportunities for faculty, staff and students. People care about each other, their community and the world.
Fun working enviroment with a lot of challenges.
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 31, 2015
I normally started out picking up deposit from the dining halls and taking them to the bank for deposits. Second, I delivered mail and packages around the campus. I learned better social skills and communications skills. My management team was very fair, firm, and professional. My co-workers were fun to be around and were all diligent. The hardest part of the job was jumping in and out of the van. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with the students.
good experience
Internship - Undergraduate Research Program (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 18, 2015
had a great experience. typical work day was talk to professor complete assignments. get guidance to other research. co workers all graduate students good experience.
BLAST Program through Baylor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 6, 2015
The program I worked for was great. Funding stopped and so we could not continue but one of my favorite jobs I have ever had. Baylor was a great choice for undergrad and it was a great employer as well.
Incredible place to work.
Managing Editor, ET&P Journal (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 4, 2015
Baylor is an ideal place to work. If you land a job at Baylor, consider yourself very fortunate. It can be difficult to get a job at Baylor because there are so many applicants for each job. The only reason I am looking for other employment is because I am moving out of Waco.
Pros
excellent benefits; work environment; discount at onsite restaurants/cafeterias
Fun
Chemistry Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 26, 2014
good, conservative but friendly environment, great supervision, friendly co workers, low pay but fair
Christian environment. Excellent pay.
Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 23, 2014
Lack of training for the position. Lack of interaction with Department Head. No Team focus. Department head did not have a clear understanding of the demands of the job with regard to it being a part time position.
Pros
dining hall privileges. excellent direct supervisor.
Cons
mismanagement of the department.
Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Loved it. Miss it everyday. The people there really care about what you learn and what you get out of college.
Rewarding Position
Student -Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 7, 2014
I scheduled and provided tutoring sessions with student-athletes. It was certainly an at-your-own-pace job which, as an undergraduate student, is what I needed. Management was understanding and accommodating. The hardest part of the job was scheduling arrangements, but once that was resolved everything else ran smoothly. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the looks of achievement on my students' faces once they understood material and having it translate into higher test scores.
Graded tests and homework for Spanish lecturers
Spanish Tutor/Grader (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 1, 2014
workload was minimal and working with lecturers helped both them and me learn different aspects of Spanish language
Excellent environment to work and gain work experience
Watershed Managment (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 21, 2014
After attending classes it was nice knowing that the work I also do outside the classroom was appreciated. Staff and administration were very nice and I learned a lot about each one of my co-workers. I wouldn't say there was a hard task at my job, I just knew with patience and hard work any task would be made simple.
Pros
dr.pepper hour
Cons
na
Fun to work for your own school.
High School Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 1, 2014
I was a recruiter and coordinated alumni events here. Everything was great!
Research / Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 9, 2014
ok
laundry (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Overall ok, but some micro-manage and make it difficult to work
Hours are acceptable for graduates
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Typically the work is to assist professors with their papers or projects.

I worked odd hours, which is what I preferred. This is because as soon as I get an assignment, I would try to complete the work to get it out of the way.

I learned how research papers are written and read as well as how to work around conflicting schedules with other members and professors.

The hardest part of the job was getting a detailed explanation of what was expected of my work, so there were often many revisions that were needed.

I enjoyed the strange hours the most. Sometimes I didn't have to work a week or two because there was nothing to be done, but then there were weeks I would spend 30-40 hours on a project that needed to be done before the week was done.
Productive and Encouraging
Interior Design Studio Tech (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 4, 2014
I had no idea how much I would enjoy my time at Baylor, even though I wasn't doing what I really wanted. The folks I worked for and with respected my dreams and encouraged me to pursue them, even if it took me away from the Baylor family.
My boss was a little hard for me to agree with all the time as she was very outspoken about her political beliefs. I would simply smile and nod as I prefer a work place where these are not spoken about.
My co workers were by far the best part of my job. They would daily help me with problems and critique me, quickly and kindly when I was doing something wrong.
Pros
benefits, discount on just about everything in waco and on campus
Cons
no free athletic tickets

4.6