Baylor University

Baylor University Employer Reviews

Christian environment. Excellent pay.
Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Waco, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: dining hall privileges. excellent direct supervisor.
Cons: mismanagement of the department.
Lack of training for the position. Lack of interaction with Department Head. No Team focus. Department head did not have a clear understanding of the demands of the job with regard to it being a part time position.
Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Waco, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Loved it. Miss it everyday. The people there really care about what you learn and what you get out of college.
Rewarding Position
Student -Athlete Tutor (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 7, 2014
I scheduled and provided tutoring sessions with student-athletes. It was certainly an at-your-own-pace job which, as an undergraduate student, is what I needed. Management was understanding and accommodating. The hardest part of the job was scheduling arrangements, but once that was resolved everything else ran smoothly. On the other hand, the most – more... enjoyable part of the job was seeing the looks of achievement on my students' faces once they understood material and having it translate into higher test scores. – less
Graded tests and homework for Spanish lecturers
Spanish Tutor/Grader (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 1, 2014
workload was minimal and working with lecturers helped both them and me learn different aspects of Spanish language
Excellent environment to work and gain work experience
Watershed Managment (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 21, 2014
Pros: dr.pepper hour
Cons: na
After attending classes it was nice knowing that the work I also do outside the classroom was appreciated. Staff and administration were very nice and I learned a lot about each one of my co-workers. I wouldn't say there was a hard task at my job, I just knew with patience and hard work any task would be made simple.
Fun to work for your own school.
High School Recruiter (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 1, 2014
I was a recruiter and coordinated alumni events here. Everything was great!
Research / Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Waco, TXApril 9, 2014
ok
laundry (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Overall ok, but some micro-manage and make it difficult to work
Hours are acceptable for graduates
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Typically the work is to assist professors with their papers or projects.

I worked odd hours, which is what I preferred. This is because as soon as I get an assignment, I would try to complete the work to get it out of the way.

I learned how research papers are written and read as well as how to work around conflicting schedules with other members – more... and professors.

The hardest part of the job was getting a detailed explanation of what was expected of my work, so there were often many revisions that were needed.

I enjoyed the strange hours the most. Sometimes I didn't have to work a week or two because there was nothing to be done, but then there were weeks I would spend 30-40 hours on a project that needed to be done before the week was done. – less
a workplace that encourages learning and continued training
AUDIO VISUAL RESOURCE CURATOR (Current Employee), Hooper-Schaefer Fine Arts Building, Waco, TXJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: being encouraged to take seminars and attend conferences.
Cons: being isolated in a small department.
Baylor has good benefits. I have many good hardworking co-workers. I've met many fine people while working at Baylor.

I'm usually at my desk before 8 am. If I have a reason to "bank" hours, I can eat in 30 minutes. I leave campus at 5 pm. I sometimes give makeup exams or show videos for our Art Historians. By 4 most academic activities, and student – more... assistants, are over and gone. I do not work over 40 hours/week without supervisors approval.

I keep supplies stocked, machines backed up and maintenance and software for the 9 MAC computers that we use in the Art Department Resource Center. Computers are updated regularly and we do not have many problems with the Macintosh computers. Allbritton Art Institute is very generous. I attend Visual Resources Association national conference every year.

I've enjoyed Karaoke, Bar-B-Qs, Christmas parties and lunches with all the Department. I attend plays put on by the theatre department and concerts put on by the music department. They are always very good.

Baylor is a very pleasant place to work.

I think the chance to take courses outside my field of formal education. – less
Productive and Encouraging
Interior Design Studio Tech (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, discount on just about everything in waco and on campus
Cons: no free athletic tickets
I had no idea how much I would enjoy my time at Baylor, even though I wasn't doing what I really wanted. The folks I worked for and with respected my dreams and encouraged me to pursue them, even if it took me away from the Baylor family.
My boss was a little hard for me to agree with all the time as she was very outspoken about her political beliefs. – more... I would simply smile and nod as I prefer a work place where these are not spoken about.
My co workers were by far the best part of my job. They would daily help me with problems and critique me, quickly and kindly when I was doing something wrong. – less
Student Government
External Vice President (Former Employee), Waco, TXJuly 11, 2013
I worked gathering student input to develop areas of student life at Baylor University.
Great place
Audio/Visual Technician (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 30, 2013
Wonderful work environment and great co-workers.
There is a lot of downtime, but when things get busy, they get BUSY.
Friendly and safe place to work
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: highly respected company
Great culture for employees and patients. Resources are easily accessible. Upwards advancement is great. Great place to work.
Assisted graduate student with her research in cognitive psychology
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 20, 2013
It was a good place to work. The most enjoyable part was working with many different people and personalities.
Positive working envirotment
Physics/Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee), Waco, TxMay 15, 2013
I love being a tutor and having the ability to work with other students who have difficulty in Physics and Chemistry.
Lab Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waco, TxMay 13, 2013
A Great Environment to work in and gain experience for your field of study
Productive and satisfying work with great facilities
Tutor- Tutor (Current Employee), Waco, TXApril 9, 2013
Pros: nice facilities, flexible hours
Cons: low pay, few hours per week
Every day I worked, I would meet with my student athlete in a private study room with or in the study commons. We would go over any lectures that had been taught or specific questions that the student had. This job taught me how to think quickly, organize information clearly for others, and listen to my students' needs. I did not work closely with other – more... tutors, and I communicated with management via email and scheduled meetings. The management was very flexible with meeting time and was willing to provide any materials I felt necessary. The hardest part of my job was preparing for sessions because I needed to go over a large amount of information to make sure I was prepared for any question the student might offer. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the progress my students made in their classes. – less
Great job
Student Admissions Telecounselor (Former Employee), Waco, TXApril 3, 2013
As a student employee this was a great oppurtunity build my resume and continue to take courses.
Productive and busy
Customer Service (Former Employee), Waco,TxFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: all holidays off
Cons: no advancement, no growth
Typical day review recipies ....meet and greet students , prep food ,and serving over 2000 student a day.In the mist of all providing the counts of all students. Co-workers wasnt so friendly, management was decent .Hardest part no teamwork, enjoyable seeing and interacting with all different type of people.

About Baylor University

Baylor University, a private Christian university and nationally ranked research institution, provides a vibrant campus community – Read more