Baylor University

Baylor University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 1, 2016
A great place to work, because everyone is very nice and helpful. If you ever have a problem someone is always there to help.
Baylo
Finance Tutor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 28, 2016
underwriting credit facilities (including RBLs), trading lines, and treasury products for oil and gas companies
• Create financial models in Microsoft Excel in order to forecast the financial position of borrowers in the loan portfolio
• Build valuation/cash flow models to assess and determine total value of proved reserves for RBLs
• Perform financial and credit analyses to determine appropriate obligor and facility risk ratings
• Author credit memorandums and present views to management for approval
• Established fundamental understanding of the oil
Extremely fitting culture for me
Graduate Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 27, 2015
Work as a GA for Baylor University for several years. Baylor was one of the best places to be employed as a aspiring young professional and someone looking to establish an extensive network.
Great on Campus Job
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 17, 2015
Working as an Office Assistant at Baylor is a great job for a student worker. There is a lot of flexibility in scheduling. It is an awesome environment in which you get to interact with residents and make new friends in the community.
Pros
Flexible hours. homework is able to be completed at this time
Cons
Late nights, compensation is minimum wage
Working with students in a Christian environment.
Secretary, Student Retention (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 13, 2015
Helped athletes and conditionally admitted students with course selection, evaluation of student progress in classes and monitored student workers. Knowledge of co-workers on advising students and willingness to help them be successful academically and socially. Challenging to write letters notifying students of probation. Enjoyed watching students achieve their academic goals.
Pros
Ability to take courses.
Cons
Time crunch during registration.
Relaxed, focused on Student Workers
Student Athlete Tutor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 21, 2015
Very flexible with my time as a student in letting me schedule my tutoring sessions. Most of the time I just educated the student athletes in their subject and created study tools to help them learn.
Productive Environment
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Employers really care about their employees. Very safe and productive work environment with flexible work hours conducive to my college schedule.
Academic Mentor, Office of Academic Success (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 30, 2015
I liked working there. The people were great. I recommend it. It teaches you the complex business fundamentals for good business leadership
Relaxed atmosphere
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TexasAugust 9, 2015
Baylor campus is smewhat small and therefore the patrol area is small. Typical days are spent checking buildings and interacting with students. During the school year, many sporting events require officer presence.
Pros
Small department with good personell
Cons
Large ammount of mandated overtime.
Enjoyed working at Baylor
Assistant Head Coach and Player Development (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 18, 2015
Had some great experiences at Baylor University. I enjoyed working with the players and recruiting for the University.
A fun filled experience for student athletes as well as an educational
Director of Youth Camp/Youth Coach (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 20, 2015
All coaches, current athletes, and ex players involved enjoy giving back to the youth especially doing the thing that they love.To witness the energy that the young athletes possess actually lights a fire throughout the entire camp.
Pros
Classroom time, sponsored lunches, active participation bt all
Cons
Not enough time
A family/team atmosphere with everyone working on the University's mission
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 19, 2015
Baylor is a great place to work and to learn. There are great opportunities for faculty, staff and students. People care about each other, their community and the world.
Fun working enviroment with a lot of challenges.
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 31, 2015
I normally started out picking up deposit from the dining halls and taking them to the bank for deposits. Second, I delivered mail and packages around the campus. I learned better social skills and communications skills. My management team was very fair, firm, and professional. My co-workers were fun to be around and were all diligent. The hardest part of the job was jumping in and out of the van. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with the students.
good experience
Internship - Undergraduate Research Program (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 18, 2015
had a great experience. typical work day was talk to professor complete assignments. get guidance to other research. co workers all graduate students good experience.
BLAST Program through Baylor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 6, 2015
The program I worked for was great. Funding stopped and so we could not continue but one of my favorite jobs I have ever had. Baylor was a great choice for undergrad and it was a great employer as well.
Incredible place to work.
Managing Editor, ET&P Journal (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 4, 2015
Baylor is an ideal place to work. If you land a job at Baylor, consider yourself very fortunate. It can be difficult to get a job at Baylor because there are so many applicants for each job. The only reason I am looking for other employment is because I am moving out of Waco.
Pros
excellent benefits; work environment; discount at onsite restaurants/cafeterias
Fun
Chemistry Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 26, 2014
good, conservative but friendly environment, great supervision, friendly co workers, low pay but fair
Christian environment. Excellent pay.
Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 23, 2014
Lack of training for the position. Lack of interaction with Department Head. No Team focus. Department head did not have a clear understanding of the demands of the job with regard to it being a part time position.
Pros
dining hall privileges. excellent direct supervisor.
Cons
mismanagement of the department.
Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Loved it. Miss it everyday. The people there really care about what you learn and what you get out of college.
Rewarding Position
Student -Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 7, 2014
I scheduled and provided tutoring sessions with student-athletes. It was certainly an at-your-own-pace job which, as an undergraduate student, is what I needed. Management was understanding and accommodating. The hardest part of the job was scheduling arrangements, but once that was resolved everything else ran smoothly. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the looks of achievement on my students' faces once they understood material and having it translate into higher test scores.

4.7