Baylor University Employee Reviews in United States

Baylo
Finance Tutor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 28, 2016
underwriting credit facilities (including RBLs), trading lines, and treasury products for oil and gas companies
• Create financial models in Microsoft Excel in order to forecast the financial position of borrowers in the loan portfolio
• Build valuation/cash flow models to assess and determine total value of proved reserves for RBLs
• Perform financial and credit analyses to determine appropriate obligor and facility risk ratings
• Author credit memorandums and present views to management for approval
• Established fundamental understanding of the oil
Fun Place to work the people get along
Intern for Operations and Facilities management (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 18, 2016
I was just an intern for the operations and facilities department but they were extremely friendly. There was a lot of work to do but there were some lulls due to the fact that most of the work had to be done by the project managers because it was critical that they oversaw and mad sure that the work was to their desired specifications.
Pros
sometimes the project managers would take me to jobs
Cons
sometimes the project managers were too busy to give me some work to do
Open environment and clean workplace
Anatomy Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 5, 2016
Went into the anatomy lab and set up lab specimens and models. Worked with professor who was an extremely lenient and supportive boss. Learned proper communicative skills with students and how to perform an effective presentation on difficult topics. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with lab dissections. Learned a great deal of anatomy and further increased my previous understanding of the subject.
Experience may vary by department
Temporary Employee­ Part Time (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 17, 2016
Worked in a department which heavily exploited part time employees. This may vary greatly by department. The work was not terrible but the management was poor at best.
Pros
Work could be engaging
Cons
Potential for a toxic environment
Great on Campus Job
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 17, 2015
Working as an Office Assistant at Baylor is a great job for a student worker. There is a lot of flexibility in scheduling. It is an awesome environment in which you get to interact with residents and make new friends in the community.
Pros
Flexible hours. homework is able to be completed at this time
Cons
Late nights, compensation is minimum wage
Assisted the learning environment in a timely manner.
Classroom Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 8, 2016
A typical day on the job as a classroom technology assistant would take a preemptive approach. Every morning I would check the atrium printers to see if there was a jam/malfunction. Then I would proceed to refill the printers with paper to ensure peers would be able to print study guide/reading material/assignments for classes. Once that job was done, I would return to our tech office and await phone calls/text notifications of problems professors or students would have in the Baylor Science Building. While on standby, we were permitted to work on our personal class assignments and projects. When we aren't usually going around the building to fix certain classroom tech(printers, computer monitors, projectors, program crashes, etc.), CTAs would perform classroom checks.

Classroom checks involved monitoring, testing, and repairing any technology in the classroom that a problem could arise from. Once our checks were complete, we logged our findings in a database through a web portal for workers. This was a routine task for CTAs every other week. The hardest part of the job was having to learn a lot of new technologies that would come in each semester. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning exactly the right fix for every problem and seeing the joy on professors's faces whenever a problem was resolved quickly.
Pros
Relaxed environment, team support
Cons
Supply shortage, lost and found
Short, Sweet and to the point
Concession Stand Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 10, 2016
You will always be busy with customers ordering food. I worked for Baylor before the new football stadium was built so our equipment at the time was a little worn down.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not enough games
Great Spot
Graduate Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 29, 2016
Baylor is a great place to work with great people all around. It is a growing university; therefore, it makes working there all the more exciting.
Working with students in a Christian environment.
Secretary, Student Retention (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 13, 2015
Helped athletes and conditionally admitted students with course selection, evaluation of student progress in classes and monitored student workers. Knowledge of co-workers on advising students and willingness to help them be successful academically and socially. Challenging to write letters notifying students of probation. Enjoyed watching students achieve their academic goals.
Pros
Ability to take courses.
Cons
Time crunch during registration.
Extremely fitting culture for me
Graduate Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 27, 2015
Work as a GA for Baylor University for several years. Baylor was one of the best places to be employed as a aspiring young professional and someone looking to establish an extensive network.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 1, 2016
A great place to work, because everyone is very nice and helpful. If you ever have a problem someone is always there to help.
Fun working enviroment with a lot of challenges.
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 31, 2015
I normally started out picking up deposit from the dining halls and taking them to the bank for deposits. Second, I delivered mail and packages around the campus. I learned better social skills and communications skills. My management team was very fair, firm, and professional. My co-workers were fun to be around and were all diligent. The hardest part of the job was jumping in and out of the van. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with the students.
Relaxed, focused on Student Workers
Student Athlete Tutor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 21, 2015
Very flexible with my time as a student in letting me schedule my tutoring sessions. Most of the time I just educated the student athletes in their subject and created study tools to help them learn.
Incredible place to work.
Managing Editor, ET&P Journal (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 4, 2015
Baylor is an ideal place to work. If you land a job at Baylor, consider yourself very fortunate. It can be difficult to get a job at Baylor because there are so many applicants for each job. The only reason I am looking for other employment is because I am moving out of Waco.
Pros
excellent benefits; work environment; discount at onsite restaurants/cafeterias
Productive and Encouraging
Interior Design Studio Tech (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 4, 2014
I had no idea how much I would enjoy my time at Baylor, even though I wasn't doing what I really wanted. The folks I worked for and with respected my dreams and encouraged me to pursue them, even if it took me away from the Baylor family.
My boss was a little hard for me to agree with all the time as she was very outspoken about her political beliefs. I would simply smile and nod as I prefer a work place where these are not spoken about.
My co workers were by far the best part of my job. They would daily help me with problems and critique me, quickly and kindly when I was doing something wrong.
Pros
benefits, discount on just about everything in waco and on campus
Cons
no free athletic tickets
Productive and busy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waco,TxFebruary 8, 2013
Typical day review recipies ....meet and greet students , prep food ,and serving over 2000 student a day.In the mist of all providing the counts of all students. Co-workers wasnt so friendly, management was decent .Hardest part no teamwork, enjoyable seeing and interacting with all different type of people.
Pros
all holidays off
Cons
no advancement, no growth
Productive Environment
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Employers really care about their employees. Very safe and productive work environment with flexible work hours conducive to my college schedule.
Relaxed atmosphere
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TexasAugust 9, 2015
Baylor campus is smewhat small and therefore the patrol area is small. Typical days are spent checking buildings and interacting with students. During the school year, many sporting events require officer presence.
Pros
Small department with good personell
Cons
Large ammount of mandated overtime.
Academic Mentor, Office of Academic Success (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 30, 2015
I liked working there. The people were great. I recommend it. It teaches you the complex business fundamentals for good business leadership
Productive and satisfying work with great facilities
Tutor- Tutor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 9, 2013
Every day I worked, I would meet with my student athlete in a private study room with or in the study commons. We would go over any lectures that had been taught or specific questions that the student had. This job taught me how to think quickly, organize information clearly for others, and listen to my students' needs. I did not work closely with other tutors, and I communicated with management via email and scheduled meetings. The management was very flexible with meeting time and was willing to provide any materials I felt necessary. The hardest part of my job was preparing for sessions because I needed to go over a large amount of information to make sure I was prepared for any question the student might offer. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the progress my students made in their classes.
Pros
nice facilities, flexible hours
Cons
low pay, few hours per week

4.6