Baylor University Employee Reviews

Excellent Place of Learning
Master of Business Administration Student (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 18, 2017
The two years full time at Baylor University's Masters of Business Administration were some of the best moments of my career and life. It was a special appointment for me to learn business administration.
Pros
Learned and enjoyed
Cons
Time disappeared
Tutoring is fun and flexible
Volunteer Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 11, 2017
The schedule that was set for me to tutor at the local high school was very doable with my classes, and I really enjoyed going over there. If you don't have transportation, Baylor will help arrange carpooling for you.
Educational and fun place to work
Chapel Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 10, 2017
Working as a Chapel Camera Operator has enabled my broadcasting skills to grow tremendously. Having been given the opportunity to direct multiple broadcasts, my confidence in the field has grown.
several opportunities for work study
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 5, 2017
Several options around campus for work study, under a loving and caring staff. You have to look for the these jobs outside of the website. Several of the jobs available are great exposure but not on website. Take time to look and network for the best jobs
Baylor Telecounselors
Baylor Telecounselors (Former Employee) –  Waco, TexasJune 21, 2017
• Communicated and guided prospective students through the Baylor application process as well as answered questions regarding attendance at Baylor University.
• Assisted the Telecommunications team reach a 20% increase in student application for the early admission deadline.
• Gathered surveyed data for the admissions office on topics of majors, scholarships, and any concerns or questions related to Baylor University.
Baylor Student Job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2017
This was a fun side job at the nursing school that also gained me great experience in computer systems and library catalog systems. I mainly interacted with other nursing students and faculty but occasionally I was able to assist other people not associated directly with the school. Very fun and I am very thankful that I was able to get this job! Highly Recommend it, especially for study time when peak library traffic is low! I was only part time so no benefits and it was minimal wage. It was high value on friendship and community with my GREAT school! SIC'EM BEARS!
Pros
Awesome community
Cons
Student job so not high paying (wasn't expected)
Community Leader
Community Leader (Former Employee) –  Earle HallJune 7, 2017
I really enjoyed being able to hang out with the residents and getting to live life with them. Along with this, I was able to get free room and board, so that is always a plus.
Teacher of Record (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 5, 2017
Great place to work, great atmosphere of support and accountability in meeting job requirements. Baylor is a wonderful place to work with great staff and management.
fun
Summer Tennis Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 29, 2017
check in and check out players, coaching for the 3 week period room checks of a night, bus duties making sure all the kids were on the bus, making sure they eat and they are where they need to be each day
an amazing college
Biology Labs Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 28, 2017
Strong christianity culture. Every professor is very friendly and helpful. I can do my job knowing that someone will help me when I have questions and trouble.
A good place to work
Exchange Program and Study Abroad Advisor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 25, 2017
Working at Baylor has had far more ups than downs. The day to day routine is the administrative standard, but the benefits Baylor offers to its employees is amazing.
Great school
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 24, 2017
They have a lot of great equipment and professors to work for. They are doing some cutting edge research and are always looking for talented people to help out.
Productive and fun workplace.
Baylor Dining Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 21, 2017
Typical day at work including both food prep and cooking. Some day might include running the cash register or keeping the eating areas clean. Working for Baylor Dining I have learned multitasking, excellent customer service, and how to manage a clean safe workspace. Management was great and were always available when needed. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers. Most enjoyable part was the wonderful and loving coworkers.
Awesome Work Study Position
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 18, 2017
The department I worked in for my work study was amazing. I cannot say enough good things about the people and the environment. I was in a unique position of being a TA as an undergrad so there were times when I was held back in doing more but overall they worked well with my class schedule and the job worked for me. Unfortunately I never made more than minimum wage in that position but I only worked 10-15 hours per week.
Pros
Great people and environment
Cons
Minimum wage
Graduate Student work is as you would expect
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time as a graduate student at Baylor. I have no complaints about how the Ph.D. program is structured. Overall, the research and the teaching experience were extremely helpful and balanced, and have provided me with a more diverse resume.
Loved working here
Reservations Office (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 20, 2017
I loved everything about working on campus at Baylor University. All of the staff was nice, and polite, and great. I wish I didn't graduate so I could work there longer.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Enjoyable job with minimal downsides
Work Study Program - Baseball Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 18, 2017
Very independent job, teaching workers about personal responsibility and doing things on their own. Helps set up and take down for practice/games, and does whatever is necessary to help the coaches focus on players. Great and understanding management with flexible hours. Student managers are doing the behind the scenes jobs while being able to connect with the players.
Pros
Free equipment, connection to D1 team
Cons
Hours sometimes clash with school schedule
Great University
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 6, 2017
It has given me a wonderful education and I have learned so many things during my time at the university. It has been the greatest time that I have had.
Mail Services
Mail Services (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 13, 2017
I deliver mail and packages to different departments across the Baylor campus and I also pick up campus and off campus from those departments as well. That's pretty much all I do Mon-Fri.
Productive place to work
BDSC Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 10, 2017
We get to communicate with a lot of students and set up activities for different on-campus organizations. Great way to network and be involved what campus activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6