Baylor University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace.
Baylor Dining Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 21, 2017
Typical day at work including both food prep and cooking. Some day might include running the cash register or keeping the eating areas clean. Working for Baylor Dining I have learned multitasking, excellent customer service, and how to manage a clean safe workspace. Management was great and were always available when needed. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers. Most enjoyable part was the wonderful and loving coworkers.
Awesome Work Study Position
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 18, 2017
The department I worked in for my work study was amazing. I cannot say enough good things about the people and the environment. I was in a unique position of being a TA as an undergrad so there were times when I was held back in doing more but overall they worked well with my class schedule and the job worked for me. Unfortunately I never made more than minimum wage in that position but I only worked 10-15 hours per week.
Pros
Great people and environment
Cons
Minimum wage
Graduate Student work is as you would expect
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time as a graduate student at Baylor. I have no complaints about how the Ph.D. program is structured. Overall, the research and the teaching experience were extremely helpful and balanced, and have provided me with a more diverse resume.
Loved working here
Reservations Office (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 20, 2017
I loved everything about working on campus at Baylor University. All of the staff was nice, and polite, and great. I wish I didn't graduate so I could work there longer.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Enjoyable job with minimal downsides
Work Study Program - Baseball Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 18, 2017
Very independent job, teaching workers about personal responsibility and doing things on their own. Helps set up and take down for practice/games, and does whatever is necessary to help the coaches focus on players. Great and understanding management with flexible hours. Student managers are doing the behind the scenes jobs while being able to connect with the players.
Pros
Free equipment, connection to D1 team
Cons
Hours sometimes clash with school schedule
Great University
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 6, 2017
It has given me a wonderful education and I have learned so many things during my time at the university. It has been the greatest time that I have had.
Mail Services
Mail Services (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 13, 2017
I deliver mail and packages to different departments across the Baylor campus and I also pick up campus and off campus from those departments as well. That's pretty much all I do Mon-Fri.
Productive place to work
BDSC Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 10, 2017
We get to communicate with a lot of students and set up activities for different on-campus organizations. Great way to network and be involved what campus activities.
Great city and great school
Graduate Teacher of Record (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 18, 2017
I typically do not write reviews, but I had to write one about Baylor because I am so proud to work here. Waco is a wonderful city. Those who say there is a lot of crime and nothing to do have obviously not explored this great city with wonderful people.
Pros
Great city and great environment
Cons
Mediocre pay
Pretty good place to do graduate school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Work here was pretty good. Pay wasn't great though, but that is expected for a graduate school TA program. You are forced to go to a lot of seminars, which can be really irritating if you have a lot of work to do, which is not uncommon.

Another downside of working at Baylor, is that if you don't want to drive for 3 hours every day, you'll be living in Waco. Waco is the worst real city in Texas in my opinion, due to high crime and the general run-down state of most of the city.
Pros
Very flexible work
Cons
Low pay, forced seminars. Waco is a terrible city to live in.
It was a great experience
Primary researcher in execution of tissue analysis (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Baylor has a lot of opportunity for growth depending on the department for whom you work with. The people are very pleasant and willing to help. The town is not pleasant but the campus is beautiful
Fun and creative job
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Helped create content for the Department of Communication's social media accounts with two other interns. It was challenging and required creativity. We focused on how each account needed different content, as we were engaging different audiences.
Graduate Student Working
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 31, 2016
Baylor is trying really hard to support its graduate student population so funding is better than most universities. Their is also open communication between administration and graduate students some of which live in the same university housing.
Encouraged community
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 24, 2016
I got to help and interact with residents and welcomed visitors. I had great co-workers. I also cleaned up and performed other tasks as needed.
Best job ever!
Associate Director of Student Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 22, 2016
I loved working for Truett Seminary at Baylor University. I was a student and this job worked great with my academic schedule. The staff became like family to me. I was sorry to graduate!
A beautiful campus
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 11, 2016
The campus is beautiful and the facilities are first class. Students and professors are all very nice. It is a very nice place to work at.
Fun Place to work the people get along
Intern for Operations and Facilities management (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 18, 2016
I was just an intern for the operations and facilities department but they were extremely friendly. There was a lot of work to do but there were some lulls due to the fact that most of the work had to be done by the project managers because it was critical that they oversaw and mad sure that the work was to their desired specifications.
Pros
sometimes the project managers would take me to jobs
Cons
sometimes the project managers were too busy to give me some work to do
Assisted the learning environment in a timely manner.
Classroom Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 8, 2016
A typical day on the job as a classroom technology assistant would take a preemptive approach. Every morning I would check the atrium printers to see if there was a jam/malfunction. Then I would proceed to refill the printers with paper to ensure peers would be able to print study guide/reading material/assignments for classes. Once that job was done, I would return to our tech office and await phone calls/text notifications of problems professors or students would have in the Baylor Science Building. While on standby, we were permitted to work on our personal class assignments and projects. When we aren't usually going around the building to fix certain classroom tech(printers, computer monitors, projectors, program crashes, etc.), CTAs would perform classroom checks.

Classroom checks involved monitoring, testing, and repairing any technology in the classroom that a problem could arise from. Once our checks were complete, we logged our findings in a database through a web portal for workers. This was a routine task for CTAs every other week. The hardest part of the job was having to learn a lot of new technologies that would come in each semester. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning exactly the right fix for every problem and seeing the joy on professors's faces whenever a problem was resolved quickly.
Pros
Relaxed environment, team support
Cons
Supply shortage, lost and found
Open environment and clean workplace
Anatomy Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 5, 2016
Went into the anatomy lab and set up lab specimens and models. Worked with professor who was an extremely lenient and supportive boss. Learned proper communicative skills with students and how to perform an effective presentation on difficult topics. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with lab dissections. Learned a great deal of anatomy and further increased my previous understanding of the subject.
Experience may vary by department
Temporary Employee¬≠ Part Time (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 17, 2016
Worked in a department which heavily exploited part time employees. This may vary greatly by department. The work was not terrible but the management was poor at best.
Pros
Work could be engaging
Cons
Potential for a toxic environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5