Bayonne Medical Center Employee Reviews

n/a
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMay 12, 2017
I have been an employee with carepoint @ Bayonne Medical for two years and have had no type of advancement. I have worked two days a week for two years. Not enough income to care for my family
Typical Health Care Facility
Admitting Clerk / Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMarch 25, 2017
Bayonne Medical Center was a typical medical hospital that served numerous patients for multiple tests throughout the facility. BMC's management was good to a point. If they had some beef with you, you better watch out.
Pros
Great Employees
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMarch 9, 2017
I was able to be a support system for doctors,nurses and other staff with every day tasks. I learned how to work as a team during my time at Bayonne Medical Center. I was also able to build on my nursing career and learned a lot about what the staff as a whole does in a hospital.
Great Hospital
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJFebruary 15, 2017
I have volunteered here for four years and I loved every second of it. I have been able to gain experience in many parts of the hospital, from patient filing to patient care. Everyone here has such a positive attitude.
A bit like being in highschool.
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJFebruary 7, 2017
The employees form clicks and management reinforced this behavior.
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Everyone thinks they are a boss! History repeating itself again. Typical nurse eating their young.
Flaky job situation persistently
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJDecember 30, 2016
I'm a dietitian who sees patients daily and provides diet education. Department is not always cooperative mostly with recent management that has left.
Gained experience from in and outpatients.
Working with same FTE given a busier workload and no coverage is challenging some days.
Co-workers - not all are cooperative within department itself or not always initially friendly to new employees as I once was myself.
Cannot clock in earlier than 6 minutes to start of shift, nor can clock out past 5 minutes post shift. Staff can get written up even 1 minute late clocking in or out.
Raises are poor some years just .5% for the year.
401K sucks just 1% match.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
poor raise, vacation sick benefits difficult to take at times
small community hospital
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJDecember 6, 2016
ICU NPR (nurse-patient ratio) 1:3
Charge nurse with no patient.
I learned how to document electronically
Management are aproachable
Co-wokers are mostly seniors, family oriented.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with equipment that don't work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with our clients that are mostly part of the Bayonne community, close net.
Pros
receive many treats from vendors, families and MDs
Cons
floating, short staff
No comments
RN - ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJNovember 6, 2016
This place is a good ground for new nurses. I want to be able to grow and advance in my career. There is not much space to grow.
Great team players with experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJanuary 13, 2016
Gained experience working security in a hospital, learned a lot from the veterans whom worked there for a long while in the company, great atmosphere dealing with various types of people.
Pros
Great benefits, Respect
Cons
Hard to move up in the company
stay on point
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJanuary 9, 2016
a typical day at work is ok and not ok. there are some ups and down days for everyone. you can learn a lot with the educations classes they have every year. management is OK and not OK. the co workers it just depends on who you work with. the hardest part about this job is everyone that came across is for self and the nurses are really young and don't like to help. the nurses there think they are there to assist you and its the other way around. then you have the older nurses who are retiring soon who was great and knew what nursing mean. but the enjoyment part was learning the patients who came in and out of that facility
Pros
free education classes
Cons
just do your job
great company
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJanuary 4, 2016
this was an awesome company to work.the atmosphere was great, very productive company to work for. the employees worked as a team
A fun and productive workplace
Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJOctober 19, 2015
My typical day began with punching in and checking the attendance of my employees then we began to make the trays for our patients. This job as leader of the kitchen taught me a great deal about responsibility and punctuality. As leader of a crew of seven workers I managed to keep a fun and productive workplace. My co-workers were always friendly but showed respect to me as i did to them. The hardest part of my job was disciplining an employee when they had made a mistake. The most enjoyable part of my job was everyday tasks, I enjoyed working with my colleagues and patients.
Pros
good benefits, great people
Cons
had to punch out and go home
Easy place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJOctober 15, 2015
BMC was a great place to work. The Administration and employees carried one another and helped eachother work toward excellence. The buildings were immaculate and the environment was extremely professional.
Pros
Clean, easily accessible, professional working environment, great services
Cons
hard to park
productive and life changing atmosphere
ER Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Emergency RoomOctober 8, 2015
Everyone work well as a team. Working in the ER you must have thick skin. Working here I get to help people everyday. The hardest part is losing a patient
Very busy hospital. On your toes at all times.
Staff Technologist (RT) (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJuly 31, 2015
Very busy hospital. The staff was very well rounded. The staff was supportive. Management was not flexible. Very hard on pregnant women.
Pros
Learned a lot from the hospital. good teaching experience.
Cons
Did not treat women well.
Nice community hospital
Staff Nurse Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJApril 23, 2015
Nurse-patient ratio is adequate. Staffing is good. Medical benefits and pay should be better. Management is fair. Co- workers are great
Pros
Nurse-patient rations
Cons
Medical benefits
fast paced enviornment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJApril 23, 2015
Great inner city hospital which ha enhanced my experience on healthcare in a different setting.
Great team players
Very compassionate and family oriented
Pros
multitasking
Cons
Environmental Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJanuary 9, 2015
Everday you learn something new to help the Patients stay a comfortable and safe healing environment.
Dispatcher/Manager (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJNovember 24, 2014
Everyday is a new learning experience. I love my job and i like that i get to help patients by providing them the best in housekeeping as well as transporting.
No secure management, decent coworkers
EVS/Transport Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJNovember 7, 2014
Make copies of the transport and environmental schedules, find coverage if needed, document call outs/lates (when they called, when they came in) if any. There's only one manager here that knows what he's doing and how to handle things properly. The hardest part of the job is the favortism and the most enjoyable is having my coworkers come to me saying they're thankful I'm here, that I know what I'm doing, how I should be full time and how they'll miss me if I ever leave here.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Favortism, No secure management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayonne Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Bayonne Medical Center Reviews by Location