Bayonne Medical Center

Bayonne Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great opportunity
Readmission Reduction Program Director (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJJune 16, 2014
I learned a lot about growth and developemnet and working with doctors
Productive WorkPlace
Buyer (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJApril 27, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: pay rate
As a buyer, my typical day consists of answering email and voice-mails; checking MediTech for electronic purchase requisitions; processing paper purchase requisitions; evaluating accounts payable discrepancies; assisting with product price evaluations; statistical analysis of trials, savings, product usage. I have a great management team and group of – more... co-workers. I am proud of the workflow that we have due to great teamwork. I have been told that I am very proactive and I am proud of that recognition. – less
Great echo tech that trained me.
Echocardiographer (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great doctors and learned a lot.
Cons: far from home.
Watched and performed echos with my trainer. I enjoyed helping patients.
Marketing Outreach
Marketing Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), Bayonne NJ USAFebruary 10, 2014
• Developed and evaluated an affective marketing strategy for the recruitment and enrollment program members.
• Cultivated of Professional Relationships.
• Demonstrated best practices and principles of communication and supervisory skills.
• Promotion of Team Approach and team building.
• Performed duties associated with developing outreach activities – more... including symposia, workshops, research network organization relationship building, and other support through coordination of scheduling, logistics, and marketing events.
• Developed and implemented an annual outreach plan that includes promotional and educational strategies.
• Built relationships with external organizations both domestic and international.
• Coordinated multiple events throughout the year and ensured that all are properly identifies, coordinated, and approved by appropriate authority.
• Ensured that projects are executed successfully and completed within time frames to meet research objectives.
• Assisted in the training and supervision of candidate outreach staff. – less
Overall not bad
Staff Technologist (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: learn to work independently
Cons: difficult to find help if you need it
I work 3:30p-12a at which time staff is limited.
Working during these hours you learn to work well under pressure, as most cases are emergency in nature.
Productive work environment and great learning experience.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJJuly 8, 2013
Pros: enjoyed learning something new every day
Cons: having to take a lot of call
This was my first surgical technologist job so I did a lot of learning in this stage of my career.
Hospital atmosphere with constant changes.
Dietary Technician-Per Diem (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJJuly 3, 2013
There are constant changes throughout the work day. Every patient has to be accounted for and fed. Diet orders are often changed and sometimes patients are relocated. As a dietary tech I have learned a lot about nutrition and maintaining a balanced diet. Time plays an important role and has to be managed well. My co-workers are highly educated and good – more... at what they do. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients suffer due to sickness. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients and lifting their spirits. – less
Great place to Work
Buyer (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJJune 18, 2013
Pros: free luncheons-smoke breaks
Go to work @ 8am & home by 4:30pm. Process inventory & purchase orders in the computer. How to multitask. Co-Workers were great! No hard part of the job, Luncheons, Celebrations of Birthdays & other days!
Bayonne Medical Center is one of best jobs I ever had really enjoyed working for them
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJJune 3, 2013
Pros: during the holidays the doctor's would buy the department lunch
Cons: being in the operating room there's no time u can take break but you get over it
I enjoyed working for Bayonne Medical Center my co-workers made it pleasant to be at work I really enjoyed going to work everyday. Bayonne Medical Center gave you the opportunity to advance I went from working the tray line in dietary to doing Diet Tech then working directly under the supervisor as one of the leads,years later I went into transport – more... then into the operating room as an O R Assistance Management very pleasant easy to talk to the hardest part of my job but something I had to get used to was taking patience to the morgue and the most enjoyable part of my job was going to work everyday when people learn to keep their home problems at home the work day becomes so pleasant – less
Great hospital and people to work with. The doctors there still do house calls
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJApril 13, 2013
Pros: the lunch room was great with lots of choices
Cons: not enough doctors that do house calls
Its a great community hospital, with a hand full doctors that still do house calls for the senior community. Working there was like being with family. Lots of opportunity for advancement.
nice place to work at
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 8, 2013
Pros: appreciated the employees
Cons: used your time to as a per diem then just stopped giving you hours
Listened to you regarding changes that would make the kitchen work more efficiently
Understaffed, no team work.
Patient Care Partner, CNA (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: close to home
Constantly understaffed, there is no teamwork the nurses don't get up at all to see there patients.
Patient Access Scheduling Specialist Review Summary
Patient Access Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJ 07002January 22, 2013
 Schedule Radiology screening appointments for outpatients using the Meditech computer medical record system
 Obtain insurance policies and authorization numbers from patients and medical offices
 Complete registration and scheduling functions for outpatients for the radiology department
 Provide excellent customer service from point of entry to – more... destination in a timely, accurate, courteous and professional manner – less
High stress job
Telemetry/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJDecember 26, 2012
Working as a floor nurse isn't easy anywhere, but poorly staffed and overworked. Was burnt out within a year.
currently working for at BMC for 2 yrs
Admitting-Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJNovember 27, 2012
Pros: good salary, benefits, small hospital
Cons: n/a
great place to work, good salary, small environment. may be short staffed at times, overall good atmosphere with nice people.
BMC
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Bayonne, New JerseySeptember 5, 2012
Pros: loved this job, learned so much, sometimes free lunch
Cons: there were none.
I loved my job at BMC. I gained so much knowledge of computers, the medical field, and life or death situations. It was great and my manager taught me to be quick and accurate each and every time.
The Nursing staff are wonderful, especially the Psyche, Cardiology, and CCU/ICU nurses.
Meditech Trainer (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJAugust 16, 2012
Pros: using my nursing skills related to the health industry, being a liaison between the hospital staff and the i t, networking with my colleagues, and building friendships on a daily basis
Cons: it is only a temporary position
In a typical day I visit practically every department and nursing area in the hospital, checking the speed of the EMR system and trouble-shooting/problem-solving along the way. I use the nursing process constantly in prioritizing, trouble-shooting and solving problems.
Since I never know what awaits me until I arrive on the scene, the hardest parts – more... of my job are the unforeseen glitches in the system which have to be rewritten by a programmer, or having to get a ticket written up for a bug in the system too big to go around.
It makes my job so much easier when working with the staff, doctors and nurses at BMC because the majority are eager to learn the system and apply it to the patient care immediately.
I basically help them to tweak their knowledge and knock out any areas where they may get stuck. I like working with this staff, they make me feel needed. – less
Difficult work environment
Charge nurse in the outpatient Cardiac Stress Lab (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJAugust 10, 2012
Potentially a good place to work except for many, many personel who have been there for 30 plus years and are unwilling or at the very least, resistant to change. Unfortunately, minimal overall concern for patients rights and privacy.
Nice climate to work in.
Front Desk (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJAugust 9, 2012
A really good place to work at. As well as the co-workers are really nice and we help each other out at all times.
Non-Profit to Profit: Not for the Faint Hearted
Compliance Clerk (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJJuly 25, 2012
Experience was great in the beginning. Then we switched from non profit to profit to keep the hospital from closing. Then I found the new owners only cared about profits and less about people. I found that I could not work for people who fired people at the drop of a hat. This is only my experience.