Bayou Well Services Employee Reviews

One of the best places I have worked at.
Electronics Technician III (Former Employee) –  Rifle, CONovember 26, 2015
I enjoyed working here, and good people to work with. Liked all the benefits the company had to offer. Enjoyed working with the management and a good place to advance to management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
couldnt really think of any cons.
BWS was a wonderful place to work. The owners were very envolved in supporting operations.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Cane, LANovember 4, 2015
BWS is a wonderful place to work and the benefits package was a premium. BWS was one of the best companies that I have worked for. The company recently went out of business.
Cons
They are no longer in business
Terrible
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Milliken, COAugust 5, 2015
Sloppy business plan, poorly trained management, terrible communications within company. The company outright tried to steal money from their only contracted customer by sending equipment the customer paid for out to work for another company, then charged their customer for repairs. They value making as much money as possible without having to do any work, as an employee I was encouraged to spend as much time on something as I could and try to order/spend as much as I could on parts so we could get more money from the 45% markup we charged the customer for parts/fluids.
Great company at first.
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rifle ColoradoJuly 28, 2015
Company treated me better than I had been treated at a job before. At the end it was hard to get any answers from the company and seemed there were a lot of secrets they were hiding from everyone. Proved to be true at the end. I loved my job there and met many great people through the company.
Great Learning experiences
Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Milliken, COSeptember 15, 2015
Good company to work for great pay and benefits. Management was a little on the low side over all good company. Got along with many of the employees I interacted with.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Days Off
I enjoyed my time at the Co.
Full-time - Equipment Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Rifle, COFebruary 22, 2015
There are some things that could be improved, like Management at the yard, they were not as involved as they lead-on, if you have a problem with them DON'T ask the bosses at the yard to help, because they will say to let your supervisor handle it, and if you don't kiss there rearend, then you ain't got a chance.
Pros
2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, Quarterly Bonuses were nice
Cons
Yard Management they SUCKED
Great company to work for
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2015
Loved working for this company. Great management, busy work days, co-workers were nice and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people that I worked with, they were like family.
Pros
Fun employee activities
Cons
Small company
great job
Equipmnt Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Cane, LANovember 3, 2015
Good job to work at. good schedule, great co workers. Really take care of you. plus good bonuses. get paid while you are off
Great work schedule
Equipment Operator/ Field Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Rifle, COMarch 19, 2015
The company motto of "People Come First" made for a healthy work environment. they tried to take care of us with great benifites and work schedule. the Hours were long , but the time off was great.
Pros
Pay, and time off were hard to beat
Cons
the boom and bust of the oil and gas industry are not fun
Was a good place to work, challenging environment at all times
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Cane, LAAugust 9, 2014
A typical day at Bayou well was always going to be challenging. The demands of the mission and team focus added an urgency to almost every task at hand. As a manager there my focus was to build effective teams and ensure that repairs were made to the highest quality in the shortest time necessary, never an easy task. The hardest part of the job was breaking the reactive maintenance trend and replacing it with a proactive one. The greatest satisfaction was knowing we were successful and made a difference.
Pros
Genuine care given employees, focus on safe operations, great pay and benefits
Cons
Communication challenges delays critical decision making, lack of support to some critical tasks
Decent enough place to work
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2014
- i spend a typical work day editing videos and programming in flash in order to create online training modules.
-I learned a lot about actionscript, and got to really advance my skills with it. I also learned a lot about the oil and gas industry.
-Co-workers are great, couldnt ask for a better group of people.
-The hardest part of my job is meeting the deadlines. The work load is huge and the time allotted isnt.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is the programming. I love to program and relish every opportunity i get.
Pros
good pay, decent benefits, a lot of company events
Cons
Work is rushed, no room for advancement, raises are almost non-existent even after years of employment
Pro active, Involved, Equiped & willing to go the extra mile with a "People First" approach.
HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 5, 2013
A true "Fit for Purpose" services providor. Truely an orginization that utilizes flexibility to stay ahead of industry needs. Each day I am pleased to see a positive, professional and friendly attitude from each employee here at Bayou Well Services.
Pros
highly experienced and motivated company that embraces family values.
Great Company
Wareouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Cane, LAAugust 17, 2015
Bayou Well Services was a Great Company to work for in every way.
Bayou has always looked out fr there employees if it was any problem it was taken care of in the correct manner.
The schdule was ideal.
Senior Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Cane LA.May 26, 2015
BWS started out very strong. The first few years were amazing but like most good things it came to an end... Now they are closing down the pressure pumping devision.
Pros
Great pay and Time home
Cons
Poor management and Poor planning
Was a great place to work. The people i worked with and the schedule were amazing.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milliken, COApril 27, 2015
Supervised a crew of 2-20 persons in day to day safe fracturing operations. I was responsible for overseeing the safe daily operations of high pressure fracturing equipment and personnel.
great places to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rifle, COMay 28, 2015
all places where outstanding jobs. benefits where great.
field work was awesome ,free lunch, shop was outstanding.
training was always good, coworker's where the best I have been around. management was great to work with and learn from.
A very productive and fun place to work
MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Grand Cane, LAJuly 19, 2012
A typical day at work is like we do what we have to do to get the job done. my co workers are easy to get along with. we work together as a team. The hardest part well there really wasnt. the most enjoyable part of the day was when i got ready to clock out and i know i have done my job.
Pros
they rewarded us with with dinners and awards
Field hand
Lead Iron Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milliken, COMay 8, 2015
Being in the field is an interesting place since you are taking 20 people with different work ethics and putting them together to achieve 1 goal.

The people I've met doing this type of work is amazing.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
good work environment with teamwork encouraged and utilized
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Rifle, COMarch 22, 2015
Great benefits, yet long hours. Good company to work for yet closing doors after over 5 years of service in the oil/gas industry.
Benefits
Cons
Work/Life issues
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rifle, COMay 12, 2015
I worked hard and learned a lot with the company. enjoyed working on the pumps . management was good it needed some work but over all it was great
Pros
health care, catered food
Cons
work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayou Well Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2