BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

Phlebotomists Technician (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 30, 2016
Its great working with Bayshore Community Hospital.Honestly I have experienced much working with this giant firm.Pretty much a typical day as any other facility would involve attaining to patients,drawing their blood samples and transporting it to their respective labs.Checking on residents day to day activities and many more.However based on the facility management,I would give them credits for aspect in which the value time and respect their clients and patients.Also the relationship with coworkers is a potential aspect which is why I believe keeps them moving on.The difficult part is when you are assigned with couple of patients to get their blood sampels,and on a fast time paste.The best part of this job are the benefits which comes with it like health insurance,paid time off.etc
Cons
consistent
Great COMUNITY hospital
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMarch 28, 2015
My experience here before all was the most humbling experience. Working in the healthcare industry is tough. You have to have a strong heart to experience situations that others are going through, and let me tell you, it might not be your loved one, but is hard to see the pain in others. At the same time it helps you realize how grateful you should be. From the cafeteria to the Chief Operating Officer, they are all very nice, and they sincerely care about team work. We are talking about more than 10 departments trying to work together and run things smooth for the best of their patients.

Being short staff is a challenge specially when HR has a long process due to company regulations on hiring someone and it really puts a lot of pressure on others specially managers
Pros
team work, familiy environment, decent insurance
Cons
short breaks, short staff, large volume of work
They expect a lot without giving much in return
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 3, 2015
They expect your family to be second. You have no room for advancement. They work with a skeleton crew and while making everything your fault.

It's not the worst company to work for but I have a lot of difficulty working for any company that looks at their employees as though "We should be grateful we have a job."
Decent work environment.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJNovember 5, 2014
Decent work environment, Decent Pay. Good benefits. Decent Management
Can be rewarding
Social Worker-Nursing Home (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJune 6, 2015
A typical work day is always extremely busy, there's a lot of demanding patient and family contact which is always rewarding. The hardest part of the job is family members not visiting their loved one. The most enjoyable is always watching the geriatric residents enjoy themselves as much as they can.
Pros
taking with the residents
Cons
not enough family interaction
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMarch 19, 2015
Bayshore is a great place to work but the people make the environment bad. To much you scratch my back I'll scratch yours.
Pros
tuition assistance is great
Cons
upper management
Transporting Patients
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJuly 7, 2015
Taking guest to different test sites
Amazing working environment
Loved interacting with the guest and making them feel a little better about there day
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not being able to do more
Everybody feels like their your family there
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJune 10, 2012
I start off taking blood pressure, temps, and oxygen levels. I get report on from the nurses on the patients care that I will all or all of them if I am alone. I'll go around and introduce myself to the patients see if they need anything. after I do my rounds I'll assist the nurses with anything they need on a patient, answer calls, relay messages to and from the patient, family members to nurses. Overall I continue to check on the patients and help them with anything they need, make their stay there east and comfortable as possible.
Pros
everybody gets along with everyone else
Cons
shortage of staff at times
great place to work, people are friendly and management is fair
O.R Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMarch 9, 2014
loved to work there, but looking for advancement to grow in my career
Great
Utility Worker/Food Service (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJSeptember 1, 2014
Nice! It was a great opportunity and nice for career growth!
Very fun place to volunteer.
Intensive Care Unit Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJApril 11, 2013
I started helping in the ICU as a volunteer secretary - filing paperwork in charts, answering phones, making copies, etc., but then they allowed me to assist in the patient room - helping stock rooms, bring water, help the patient be comfortable in bed...this volutneer job is what helped me decide to become a certified home health aide.
Pros
great nurses, assistants, doctors.
Cons
no cons.
Growing Hospital, recently taken over by meridian health care services
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJAugust 21, 2012
During a typical day, the hospital count is usually around 120 patients, mostly consisting of room service. The hospital started room sevice two years ago, patients can now call and order food when they want, similar to what a restaurant provides.
Pros
free lunch
exciting work place
Patient Access Representative/ Admitting (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJAugust 15, 2014
Its a great job! I love getting to know the patients and helping in any way I can.
Pros
helping the sick and elderly
Cons
standing a whole 8 hr shift
nice work enviornment
Guest Relations, Welcome Embassdor, Greeter (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJuly 28, 2014
patient satisfation reporing, care links,answer phones overhead page
Pros
i like working with people
Cons
not enough hours
Operating Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJDecember 20, 2013
One of the best places I have worked. Friendly people who have a great approach on team work.
Supportive environment
Diagnostic Imaging Aide (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJDecember 17, 2012
Worked in the front desk checking patients in and ordering tests and in the file room answering calls and making films/ CDs for patients/ doctors.
lovely place to work
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMarch 28, 2012
Very small hospital but a lovely place. Employees are treated very well and there is a great deal of njoymnt in working in a small hospital.

BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Reviews by Location