Bayshore Medical Center - Pasadena

Bayshore Medical Center - Pasadena Employee Reviews

I look forward to coming to work. I like the people I work with.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 6, 2017
answer nurse call lights and phones, admit and discharge patients, prepare charts and assist staff as needed. file,fax and copy papers,clean and maintain secure work area, greet staff physicians visitors and patients approaching nurses station enter physician orders in meditech computer system
Very stressful work environment. Constant pressure to go faster in admitting pts whether they were medically stable or not.
Psychiatric Intake Coordinator/Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 3, 2017
Good luck should you ever decide to work here. You will be pulled to units you aren't trained for. You are ALWAYS short staffed and expected to not complain. Constantly short of working equipment but expected to get your work done. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. One pro for this place: excellent cafeteria!!
Pros
Excellent food
Cons
Work through lunch often. Constant pressure to go faster. Multitasking impossibilities
We worked hard and did what we needed to do for the patiant.
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 30, 2017
I enjoyed working along side the anesthesia doctors. Helping them put pt asleep. Putting in Iv's art lines central lines swan ganez. Settling up for a crani or open heart. Difficult inabation. Restocking OR rooms. Ording supplies. Ect.
Pros
Always got a lunch
Cons
Na
Horrible management, unorganized work flow, always unstaffed. They expect a lot from employees with a low pay.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 29, 2017
Horrible management, underpaid, short on staff all the time, unorganized, no team work, bad attitude starting management, overworked their employees and don't appreciate their staff
Pros
Some good co-workers
Cons
Short staff all the time, poor management, under paid, no team work, always babysitting
Poor management
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 22, 2017
The company has many changes in management and seems not a stable atmosphere. One day a director is here and next week they replaced for another one. Management has been incrementen pressure in staff when they want to work only with the minimal as possible staff available. No bonuses or incentives for help on days off.
IMCU/ Neuro unit
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Disorganized, not enough equipment to do work such as working computers, and other items.
Management on IMCU are very biased and partial. They show a lot of Favoritism.They don't know how to run the unit effectively. Usually Understaffed and overworked. New Grads are always hired because the turnover rate is extremely high. If You can work here, you can work anywhere in the world.
Pros
Able to do Overtime.
Cons
Unorganized, low pay, understaffed and overworked
Staff is friendly at times
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 22, 2016
If you're trying to get experience this is the place to go. But once you get your experience my best recccomendation would be to look for another job.
Pros
Cafeteria food is really good
Cons
You get called out a lot during holidays
You will be shuffled around to multiple units besides the one your hired for.
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 1, 2016
A day at work in this place had become very difficult. Before the shift is over you would've probably worked on four different units in one day. Not family feeling to this work place & very easy to lose your employment here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of team work.
dedicated employees
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 28, 2015
I love the experience and care I am able to provide to my patients. It is a very rewarding job. I learn something new everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore Medical Center - Pasadena. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6