Bayshore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Supportive work environment
Psychiatric Emergency Department Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 6, 2017
Ethical work environment
co-workers support each other well
Management good about listening
Like most nursing jobs,very hard work, but staff I worked with
willing to help out.
Great benefits.
Loved the people I worked with, everyone was very professional
and worked hard together.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and my job.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 6, 2017
answer nurse call lights and phones, assisted staff as needed, entered physician's orders into Meditech computer system, greeted visitors staff and physicians upon approaching nurse's station, filed faxed and copied as needed and prepared charts for daily use and new admits,discharged and admitted patient's as needed
Pros
I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
Cons
more pay please and thank you
Independent work
Nurse Navigator (RN) (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 6, 2017
Registered Nurse, independent role. Supportive management. Self motivated role requiring discipline for role. HCA allows for my voice to be heard and considered.
Productive enjoyed joking with the employees
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 4, 2017
I worked on rehab unit at that time. We admitted and discharge patients during this shift. Enjoyed working with my co-workers, we were a team. Enjoyed relating to the elderly.
Pros
Co-workers and friendly and helpful
Cons
Short breaks
gain so much great experienced working here!
LVN (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 21, 2017
I was fresh out of nursing school when I started here. So it was an excellent place to get my experience and the nurses really help me out in anything I needed help in.
Good place to start
LVN (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 20, 2017
Good place to start and gain experience. Great local hospital. I would recommend.Bayshore Hospital has been there for a long time and has served the community.
Not a place for a new nurse
Staff RN - Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 4, 2017
Co-workers were mostly hostile, rude, and unwelcoming to new nurses. Management not helpful and not very involved with staff. Too many assignments per nurse. Dangerous and not good for a nursing license.
great starting place for new grads
Staff Nurse (LVN) -Women's Services- Post (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 12, 2017
I took a job here straight out of nursing school. I was so thankful to join a unit of wonderful nurses who helped train and mold me into the nurse I am today. We had a lot of issues with management, that never seemed to be addressed.
Pros
great starting spot, tuition reimbursement.
Cons
management issues, not great pay
Nothing good to say
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2017
Difficult place to work. EMR is not user friendly, but you can catch on with practice. Co-workers can be helpful at times, but can be quite racist and/or clique-ish.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long commute, not supportive management or co-workers
Nice work environment
NURSE TECH (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 10, 2017
Nice place to work and get experience. Staff and management are helpful and resourceful. It is usually easy to pick up extra shifts when they are available.
A good first medical job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 31, 2017
A typical day starts with reports and checking patient vital signs. What I have learned is how to take care of patients properly and use that knowledge away from work. Management was helpful. The hardest part of the job is when multiple patients are calling at the same time and can only help one at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping those that need help to get better.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
It is a so stressful job
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 30, 2017
I need a full-time job, but this one a PRN position.

The job is so stressful from the workload and the management. Normally we do not have time to drink water or go to the restroom. The management is very bad, especially the front desk.
n/a
Supervisor .. Amanda Lightfoot (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 11, 2017
I learned the name of a lot of instruments, how to run autoclaves...management isn't equally fair ...workplace was good...not being to speak my mind without getting fired.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Average place to work
Staff RN- O.R. Circulator (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 1, 2017
Big facility that performs a variety of surgical specialties. High-acuity patient population. Facility is one of the few bariatric certified hospitals in Houston. Call shifts are excessive with lots of regular shift cancellations to prevent over-time.
It was a great start and experience as a new grad
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 77504February 7, 2017
It was very good place to work and my department was fully staffed. I loved working with different people, they were all very helpful. I learned how to manage multiple works simultaneously and how to solve problems. sometimes it was very fast paced and it was overwhelming. The manager and supervisor jump in help with the work load. It was very motivating.
Pros
enough staffed; sometimes free meals provided.
Cons
pay was not as good as other company
ok
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 30, 2017
ok to work, good management , flexible hours, can be challenging, hours are long, get great work experience , learn a lot of new skills, and great enviroment
good coworkers and lab director
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Great people to work with and a great place to start out. The lab director is amazing and i wish we had more people like her in positions of power. she honestly cares about her employees.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
low pay, understaffed
Fun workplace
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 77504January 9, 2017
CO workers were very welcoming to the department. Everyone helps on another especially when it gets really busy even management come to help register.
Nice place to work
Receptionist/Clerk/Floater/CNA/ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 12, 2016
Learning experience a pleasure to work for, learned a lot from all my co-workers. Management very nice and understandable. Hardest part of my day was not having enough staff, my concern for the patients increased.
Pros
nice gift card
Cons
short lunch breaks
Bayshore Medical center
NURSE TECH (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 5, 2016
Bayshore medical center is a nice facility however there staffing is not up to par there are no guaranteed hours not even for full time staff the most that they will give a full time employee when the census is low is 32 hours that's part time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval