Bayshore Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work if you like to Learn and Grow in a Fast-paced Environment
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  TampaMay 23, 2015
There is always something to do at Bayshore whether it be writing a third-party integration or diving deep into our eCommerce platforms. The company is divided into teams, and each team has its own set of project-managers. Project Managers do not run your job as a developer at Bayshore. As a developer, you and the team drive the end result of the client deliverable to the finish line. You may get pulled aside to do something else for a moment, but you won't be completely separated from your code and will always be able to return to it, defend it, or refactor it. In this respect, Bayshore provides continual growth for software engineers to think outside the box and learn new ways of programming through the feedback of other team members. People who cannot stand to have their code questioned or are stuck in one particular way of thinking about code need not apply.
Pros
Small teams, developer training, benefits package, excellent promotions for showing your worth, excellent projects and .NET platforms used
Cons
Not a strong developer culture at Bayshore. This is changing though.
Great place to develop tons of new skills; Mostly non-technical PMs managing developers; Strategy for resourcing and new hiring developers is poor.
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2015
As a developer at Bayshore, I was challenged to try new and innovative solutions when developing websites that I was truly proud of. You will always be trying something new and you have the freedom to really be creative, explore, and develop innovative solutions.
Pros
Great place for development of new skills
Cons
Most PMs have almost no technical expertise and this impacts their competency in managing developers, Chaotic process for resourcing developers and a very poor strategy for forecasting developer hiring.
Slave Drivers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2013
I worked on a team with others to generate run-of-the-mill websites. The clients were overcharged and oversold, with the management stressing "billable hours" and left us no time to review and educate on new trends. We spit out websites that were pretty, but that had no functionality and 8 out of 10 clients either cancelled their contracts with us or didn't pay at all as they were so unhappy.

Corporate talks a good game, but doesn't treat the employees well and allow no room for people to advance unless you play into their game.
Pros
decent healthcare benefits
Cons
everything else

2.8