Bayside Insurance Associates, Inc.

Bayside Insurance Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not what I expected
Jr. Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  IrvineJanuary 26, 2015
As the only sales associate who is posting. My perception and experience does not mirror of the opinions of the other employees. I wanted a career change and based on the information that I received at my initial interview and 1st impression, my expectations and what I experienced greatly differed.
Training - non existent at the time that I was hired. I had 1 hour of training to get familiar with the technology used. Never been in insurance sales, I kept wondering when I would learn the concepts of insurance, I learned by listening to the agents around me. I never had hands on training. After my hour I was lead to my desk and given a script and instructed to start talking calls. If I was able to captivate anyone I would transfer the call to a sales manager and move on to the next. During my tenure with the company I saw as many as 30+ people revolve through the doors. All either left or had been let go due to the unrealistic expectations and sales demands. I quickly learned that selling "health insurance" is not a priority it is the selling of ancillary products i.e life insurance, accident plans that is a priority. This is how the company truly makes money. I understand that as a company principal it is important to have a sales force that is making the company $$$$, the doors need to be kept open. However, it is very discouraging to be told day after day what a disappointment and how you are costing the company $$$. It is hard to sell a product when you do not believe in it , never training on it and you do not believe in the people that you are working for.

I do not
  more... blame the company, I blame myself for having hope that it would get better and things would change. I finally decided to quit when they started aggressively hiring agents from a company next doors and I was told I should not talk to them. I understand that they did not want my bad sentiment to brush off on the new hires. If I owed a company I would also want to make sure that this did not happen.

If you are a licensed agent with product knowledge this may be a great place for you. If you are new, looking for training, or looking for a new career change. You may want to consider other options.
Pros
N/a
Cons
My summary says it all
Fast-paced and great for growth
Graphic Designer / Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 25, 2014
Bayside is a very progressive company with innovative technology and software. There is a lot of focus behind the scenes to make sure that Sales Agents are able to perform their best.

There is a lot of collaboration and involvement from the management team, which makes the work that gets done a true team effort. Very interactive environment, and the entire staff is very knowledgeable and quick to respond.

There is a constant inflow of new projects to work on and new methods to try; every day is different, but you can always expect to learn something new.
Great Company
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 9, 2014
I've gained a great deal of experience working at Bayside. Being hired as an IT guy was much more than what I had expected. Outside of the usual fix this/that, I had to learn a multitude of development languages in order to work on the latest enterprise level of technology. As a Computer Science major I felt like I've learned more working here than I ever had at school.

The Management are friendly and know how to joke around, but aren't afraid to keep you on your toes. The rest of the staff are all friendly. A lot of people here are pretty young so the environment is light and energetic.
Make Money, Live Better - Walm... er... Bayside
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 9, 2014
There's never really a dull day of work with Bayside. We are always implementing the latest technologies to create new content for both agents and clients. I started working with a limited knowledge in web development and after a short time, I've created and managed our fully responsive website.

The people who work here know how to make money and have fun. The sales floor is almost always lively (minus monday mornings) and most everyone is friendly and social.

I started this job as an 'Entry Level Programmer' and after working on so many projects (enough to fill a portfolio twice over), I feel like I've gained the experience of a Mid/Senior Level Programmer. Anywhere between CRM Customization, Website Development, Desktop/Mobile Application Development, and Hardware Repair, I'm sure I can do it all after how much I've done already with Bayside.
Pros
Latest Technologies, Lively Staff, Management not corny
Cons
Management only a little corny, Lively Staff keeps bugging me to fix stuff
Fast Paced Light Hearted Professional Great Enviroment
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 21, 2013
Young vibrant company that's been growing expeditiously. They have a great core leadership, and are always looking to adapt and get better. No office politics, and really fun light hearted atmosphere. A great place to work at, always happy to come to work.
Pros
vibrant young company with great leadership and rapid growth
Cons
young company that doesn't have all of the kinks worked out yet
Independent Contractor
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CaFebruary 13, 2013
Young crowd. Young Principals. Competitive environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayside Insurance Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7