Baystate Health

Baystate Health Employee Reviews

Excellent choice for high quality patient care by competent nurses.
Nurse Manager Inpatient Surgical Services (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Fabulous mentors.
Cons: poor parking
Talented and dedicated staff. Promoting a learning environment. magnet recognition and research oriented. Wonderful place to grow. The hardest part of the job is learning your way around campus.
I have learned many things in the 15 years I have worked for this company. I have grown into a position that I loved doing.
Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Belchertown,MAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Training Opportunites, Positive Staff, Good Management, Enjoyable work atmoshphere, Comapny Benefits
Cons: Negative people, Poor Management.
My job entailed many different facets of running the office.
I enjoyed working with my staff training them in new procedures that happen in the office such as billing and insurance updates.
I work with a professional staff that made it a very good working environment. I enjoyed my job duties which made it a very positive experience for staff and myself. The hardest part of my job was leaving at the end of the day. The most enjoyable was helping people both staff and patients' I enjoy what I do which makes it an all around positive experience for whomever I may be in contact with.
Fast Pace but very awarding
Internship (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 10, 2015
Working in a hospital setting was different in that the patients were locked in the unit. All patients were suffering with a range of mental disorders. Meeting with some of them proved to be more difficult than others however interning there allowed me to gain more patience when working with difficult populations.
JOB WORK/LIFE BALANCE
HIM Technician III (Current Employee), SPRINGFIELD MAJune 10, 2015
My duties in my job is to register patients and learning new things everyday. The co-workers in my job are good and the hardest part in my job is when we has to deal with difficult patients but we always find a solution and is enjoyable.
Great culture experience
Health and Human Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Working in a medical and clerical setting
I work for Baystate for several years and learned many skills annually. Working at Baystate gave me the ability demonstrate my organizational and human services experience
Awesome Place to work
Patient Service Representative II (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMay 30, 2015
Baystate Health is awesome!! I enjoy my work, management, and co workers. They motivate me, guide me and make me strive for excellence.
Typical day as interpreter
Per Diem Spanish medical interpreter (Current Employee), Springfiled, MAMay 5, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: none until now
Very busy, got to be able to think on your feet quick. Learned that working at Baystate can be rewarding.Management is great and so are my co workers.
BVNA - once ok now circling down the bowl.
BVNA staff PT (Former Employee), Springfield,MAApril 29, 2015
Pros: scenic Springfield MA as your workplace
Cons: computer system, workplace morale, compensation, chance to get bedbugs at work
Sad place to work for. The BVNA is loaded with middle management types. It seems like they out number the clinical staff. If you think you've micro managed before wait till you hit this place.
Computer system for documentation is as reliable as Lindsay Lohan on a bender.
Workplace environment best described as toxic.
They have pay scale under regional average for rehab. Benefits are okay but don't expect to get much approval for time off. They are loaded with contract workers which is never a good sign. I spent a long time with this group it was once a decent place to work. It seems now that primary focus is reimbursement and documentation. Did anyone else get into healthcare for patient care and positive outcomes?
I would give it 1 star but for some reason it will not allow it.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), south hadley ,maApril 8, 2015
I loved the experience that it gave me and confidence to be better at the job. It was a career move for me so that I can finish nursing school.
Just a job
Environmental Services (Current Employee), Greenfield, MAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Problems aren't addressed or are ignored.
The typical day in Environmental services is just cleaning all day. You don't really learn anything from working in that department, if yo know how to clean you just learn how each other department likes their area done. The management doesn't really know what they are doing or what employee satisfaction is. The coworkers really depend on your shift each shift has their own personality.
Love helping others.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), springfield, maApril 1, 2015
I enjoy what I do. However, I do not get the same breaks as everyone else. I do not feel like part of a team. The patients make the job worth it.
Professional place to work.
Custodian Bed Discharge Team (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great pay
Cons: None
Managers were always understanding and accommodated all my needs to best of their abilities. The employees were always professional and I enjoyed working there.
Not a very good place to work
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: convenient hours, nice coworkers
Cons: bad management
Management not appreciative of what you do; they are always expecting so much, but give nothing in return. Busy place, but no one cares. It's all about their image to the public, but don't treat their employees with any type of appreciation. Want, want, want.
productive
Anesthesia Technician II (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: always something new
Cons: non professional people
make sure supplies are in operating rooms. If something is needed in you get it. set up before and after operation. Non professional employees. Being thanked and appreciated by the doctors.
Hard worker
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 7, 2015
Self-Motivated,flexible,adaptive and diligent worker who Handles demanding workload efficiently. Experienced in Driving Learn new quickly and efficiently.
Enjoyable hospital base job.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 1, 2015
Worked inpatient on the orthopedic floor. Enjoyed working with the RN and MD. I assisted patients with adaptive devices and equipment in order for them to return home. Working in the hospital gives you exposure to so many other professionals and their importance in the patients recovery.
Excellent Supervision
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 20, 2015
Baystate Medical Center so far has been the greatest place I have ever worked at, The Management staff have great skills when interacting with employees and they make every employee feel great about themselves, my co-workers have been very helpful and are great team players.
Baystate Health
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 10, 2015
I've grown into great opportunities by working at Baystate Health. This career has allowed me to learn and develop my skills in multiple areas.
Nice and warm workplace
IT Guy (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours, nice co-workers
Cons: a basic cafeteria
This is the ideal company if you plan to seek for work-life balance with lots of health-related benefits for you and your family. The organization is still in the midst of transformation process and change.
Excellent unit
RN-M5 Cardiac Intervention Unit (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 3, 2015
Currently working on a 32 bed cardiac intervention unit where we prepare for, and recover, cath lab and EP lab patients. I enjoy this unit however I would like to explore PACU opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5