Baystate Health Employee Reviews

Loved coworkers and staff, unfortunately management within department are below standards for a #1 trauma hospital
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Springdale, MAJanuary 11, 2017
I love the work I do and spent 6 years working there. The still have same issues that existed when I left. The only consistency id the Manager of department. Has several settled law suits against him and for whatever reason is still there.
love the hospital setting
TA / Phlebotomist / EKG / Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 6, 2017
I started on the cardiac floor and enjoyed working with the patients. drawing blood. assisting the nurses and doctors with procedures. I then started with EKG .I loved working with people. the hardest part was having to see someone code.
Fun educated job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 4, 2017
I loved my job . Miss it . I would have kept working there but I injured myself at home and they could not hold my job as I hurt my back I wish I could work there again
Pros
Cons
Notjing
Great place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to work, but I understand the benefits have lessened over the years. Hospital has been making many transitions as of late and it makes people feel insecure and unstable about their positions.

Overall, the employees are great, and the benefits are fair.
benefits
Cons
transitional time
Baystate Health
Practice Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 29, 2016
Typical day at work you work hard put your all into your performance check in and check out patient verify there information that is given, collect co payments from patients before the visit. I have learn to listen to your patients as their needs come first. I manage all my work and time I am a very hard working and a very well at multi tasking and I dedicate all my time in what I need to do. I work well with my co-workers were able to communicate. The hardest part of the job is when you can not please your patients. And the most enjoyable part is when you can make a patient smile and be happy.
Pros
lunch break are reasonable
Cons
health care
Good work place
Food service ambassador (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 16, 2016
Baystate is very fast Pace your on your feet for most of ur shift. Your responsibility are to assemble food trays and also deliver them to the patients room
Productive and fun
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 14, 2016
Everyone gets along for the most part we deliver for to meetings all day long and pick up at certain times everyone works together and we help each other out
Great place to work for.
Patient Care Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 1, 2016
I have been working for Baystate Medical Center for 3 years and I absolutely love it. Everyone here has treated me with respect. My work environment is very busy but we all work together to make our shift as smooth as possible.
Supervisor very professional and understanding of her staff.
Correctional HIV Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MA 01109November 20, 2016
I worked at a correctional facility providing counseling and case management to HIV positive clients. I found the job to be rewarding and interesting, meaning that I learned a great deal about hiv and the reality of the disease. My supervisor was very fair and understanding and went to bat for her staff. She was also very understanding and sensitive with the clients. Overall I rete this job as one of the best jobs I have ever had.
Pros
Great supervision
Cons
Stressful and heart breaking at times
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 18, 2016
Great place to work. Very community driven. Patient care is of the utmost importance for the entire Baystate community.

Want to know more about Baystate Health?

Ask a question
Family
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 18, 2016
Working here for over ten years has gained me many life long friends and a learning experience that I can take with me to other fields of work. Staff was supportive and management was understanding and great at solving internal issues.
Pros
stability
Cons
lay offs
Recruiter
Talent Acquisition-Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 17, 2016
It was very good place to work but no place for advancement. Again, great people who I worked with at Adecco. They decided to close up a local office and I didn't want to commute to Wallingford, CT everyday.
Cons
Too Much Travel
Baystate Health promotes employees advancements.
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 17, 2016
A great place to work!
Employees are dedicated to providing a higher level of care for all of our patients. Management has an open door policy and make everyone's opinions a priority.
Professional Organization focused on continuing education and many opportunities to grow.
Staff Nurse, Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 13, 2016
Responsible for management of clinical staff. Serve on the leadership team daily. Collaborate with attending physicians, residents, nurses, medical assistants and patient service representatives. Responsible for staff schedules, development and clinical orientations during on boarding process.
Pros
Serve a challenging, high risk population with many needs during every encounter. Dedicated team!
Cons
Constraining budget preventing clinic improvements
Geat hospital and group of ppeople to work with.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MANovember 10, 2016
Department has grown and has qualified and fair professionals managing staff who all work together. Good orientaton and career objectives to continue working and reworking.
Pros
Great supportive environment.
Food and Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working for baystate. It was always a new day each day. All the supervisors really care about you and thats what you need in a career.
Energetic and awesome teamwork
Staff RN Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 4, 2016
Awesome management. Great Teamwork. Positive outlook on nursing autonomy. Diversity in scheduling to provide coverage for patient care.Welcoming co-workers.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Short breaks
Too many changes but continues to truly care about patients
R.N. Nursing Management (Current Employee) –  Palmer, MASeptember 30, 2016
A company who very obviously cares about the healthcare of its communities. Currently a lot of changes especially in management which has caused a low moral and increased Job anxiety.
Fast Paced Hospital Residency Setting
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 29, 2016
A typical day at work would be scheduling 10 doctors for interview season. Helping selected applicants through the licensing and visa process. Meetings with other departments and Tufts University. Answering emails to different department staff for the Psychiatry Residency Program. Collecting and organizing evaluations of the residents performance with a software program. Training clinicians and doctors in evaluation program. Taking minutes for committee meetings with the Department Chair and Program Director.
Pros
Monday -Friday 40 hour week.
Cons
Didn't have my own office
A lot of growing, a lot of growing pains but still an amazing place to work!
Talent Acquisition Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 23, 2016
I was able to see the organization move and grow through my time at Baystate and yes there were times that I was not happy but the majority of the time, I enjoyed working at Baystate Health.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baystate Health. Our community is ready to answer.