Baystate Health

Baystate Health Employee Reviews

BVNA - once ok now circling down the bowl.
BVNA staff PT (Former Employee), Springfield,MAApril 29, 2015
Pros: scenic Springfield MA as your workplace
Cons: computer system, workplace morale, compensation, chance to get bedbugs at work
Sad place to work for. The BVNA is loaded with middle management types. It seems like they out number the clinical staff. If you think you've micro managed before wait till you hit this place.
Computer system for documentation is as reliable as Lindsay Lohan on a bender.
Workplace environment best described as toxic.
They have pay scale under regional average for rehab. Benefits are okay but don't expect to get much approval for time off. They are loaded with contract workers which is never a good sign. I spent a long time with this group it was once a decent place to work. It seems now that primary focus is reimbursement and documentation. Did anyone else get into healthcare for patient care and positive outcomes?
I would give it 1 star but for some reason it will not allow it.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), south hadley ,maApril 8, 2015
I loved the experience that it gave me and confidence to be better at the job. It was a career move for me so that I can finish nursing school.
Just a job
Environmental Services (Current Employee), Greenfield, MAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Problems aren't addressed or are ignored.
The typical day in Environmental services is just cleaning all day. You don't really learn anything from working in that department, if yo know how to clean you just learn how each other department likes their area done. The management doesn't really know what they are doing or what employee satisfaction is. The coworkers really depend on your shift each shift has their own personality.
Love helping others.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), springfield, maApril 1, 2015
I enjoy what I do. However, I do not get the same breaks as everyone else. I do not feel like part of a team. The patients make the job worth it.
Professional place to work.
Custodian Bed Discharge Team (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great pay
Cons: None
Managers were always understanding and accommodated all my needs to best of their abilities. The employees were always professional and I enjoyed working there.
Not a very good place to work
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: convenient hours, nice coworkers
Cons: bad management
Management not appreciative of what you do; they are always expecting so much, but give nothing in return. Busy place, but no one cares. It's all about their image to the public, but don't treat their employees with any type of appreciation. Want, want, want.
productive
Anesthesia Technician II (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: always something new
Cons: non professional people
make sure supplies are in operating rooms. If something is needed in you get it. set up before and after operation. Non professional employees. Being thanked and appreciated by the doctors.
Hard worker
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 7, 2015
Self-Motivated,flexible,adaptive and diligent worker who Handles demanding workload efficiently. Experienced in Driving Learn new quickly and efficiently.
Enjoyable hospital base job.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 1, 2015
Worked inpatient on the orthopedic floor. Enjoyed working with the RN and MD. I assisted patients with adaptive devices and equipment in order for them to return home. Working in the hospital gives you exposure to so many other professionals and their importance in the patients recovery.
Excellent Supervision
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 20, 2015
Baystate Medical Center so far has been the greatest place I have ever worked at, The Management staff have great skills when interacting with employees and they make every employee feel great about themselves, my co-workers have been very helpful and are great team players.
Baystate Health
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 10, 2015
I've grown into great opportunities by working at Baystate Health. This career has allowed me to learn and develop my skills in multiple areas.
Nice and warm workplace
IT Guy (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours, nice co-workers
Cons: a basic cafeteria
This is the ideal company if you plan to seek for work-life balance with lots of health-related benefits for you and your family. The organization is still in the midst of transformation process and change.
Excellent unit
RN-M5 Cardiac Intervention Unit (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 3, 2015
Currently working on a 32 bed cardiac intervention unit where we prepare for, and recover, cath lab and EP lab patients. I enjoy this unit however I would like to explore PACU opportunities.
busy
Technical Associate, Respiratory Unit (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: friendly
Cons: getting attached
working at a hospital you had to multi task
if I wasn't on the floor helping out I would be answering calls an admitting cleints.
when duty as a technical associates would be once I walk in see who are my clients
which client is complete care
who''s DM
who's a fall risk
If my week was the vent side those clients were complete care from assisting the nurse with wound care and turning client around.
document their vitals
inputs
outputs
If I was schedule to work for unit secreatary
my responsibility would be filing,answering calls
greet family and assist them.
make wrist band and add client to the bedboard
Great place to work, learn, and advance one's career
Radiology Support Services Secretary (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great people, great opportunities
This is a great place to work. The environment is very friendly and everyone is eager to help. The work is not hard to do. It is constantly changing to improve patient flow and patient care, so working here requires a person to adapt and make changes within a moment's notice.
Large facility, many people, various tasks being performed
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: dedicated employees, team work orientated, good benefits, good compensation
Cons: heavy work load, sometimes short staffed, high pressure
Professional, fast paced environment dedicated organized to meet
the needs of patients and customers. High volume activities. Multi-
tasking and team atmosphere.
Loved working for this agency
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJanuary 4, 2015
Love Baystate but their residential programs are lacking in leadership roles.
Very supportive staff to help me with technical consulting
Lead Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: gave me a bigger picture of lab day to day workings
Cons: trying to get physicians onboard with starting up a lab
This was an excellent place to be able to expand my knowledge of training and setting up new accounts. I got a feel for the true sense of the lab on a small scale. Being able to validate analyzers, troubleshoot, and train employees to use their new analyzer was very rewarding. I also was able to see the management side with coding and billing for testing and how the lab was able to make money even in a small office setting.
Great work environment, interesting and fast paced
Operations Associate II/Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great staff, easy to pick up hours
Cons: having to take the shuttle from your assigned parking lot to the main campus
I really enjoy my work at Baystate. Every day is a little different, not one exactly the same, and the hospital environment is very exciting.
Stimulating and friendly
Practice Associate (Former Employee), Greenfield, MAJanuary 1, 2015
Very busy medical office with steep learning curve and very supportive coworkers and managers. Per diem schedule in three offices allowed for flexibility and the opportunity to work closely with interesting people while serving the public.

1 2 3 4 5