Baystate Health

Baystate Health Employer Reviews

A great place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Springfield, MANovember 18, 2013
In a typical day at work I have many different jobs and responciblites. At our office we do the computer work as well as direct patient contact. Often I will check in the patient at the front desk, register and order their blood work, draw their blood and process all of their blood work/urine etc. I also am in charge of our stock order and office supplies, – more... making sure we have everything we need to do our job correctly.
I have learned so much working at this company, they are very good about wanting their employees to advance and promote within. They are always helping us to advance the best way that they can.
Most of our co-workers are amazing, there is a sence of team work here and we all try to help eachother out and make sure that the job is getting done correctly. Recently we have adopted a new computer system so we all work together to make sure we have learned it correctly.
The hardest part of the job is really keeping yourself in check and making sure you are up to date on all of our different policies and standards, since they are always being updated for the better.
What I enjoy most about my job is the patients, I am a people person and I love to work so closely with the public and create relationships with these people and make this a welcoming enviorment for them. – less
employment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MANovember 18, 2013
Great benefits, good place for advancement. Very informative. Constantly has learning conferences that keep all staff involved and up to date on numerous topics, as well as training for there job.
Great work enviorment
C.R.C.S.T./Orthopedic Team Member (Former Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 16, 2013
•Working knowledge of decontamination processes, cleaning, inspection, packaging/preparation, sterilization, and storage of surgical instrumentation, rigid/flexible scopes and supplies •Properly picked case carts for daily surgical procedures •Practiced microbiology and safety procedures on-a daily such as basic organization and infection control •Knowledge – more... and ability to Identify and reprocess instrument trays, scopes, and Synthes trays/specialty trays •Knowledge and experience working Auto-clave, washer-sterilizers, ultrasonic cleanser, sterrad, steris, and gas using manufactures protocols for all sterilizing procedures. – less
productive enviornment
Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice (Former Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 14, 2013
Skilled nurse visits daily, case management, IV therapy, wound care, worked on various committees.
Productive and challenging work environment.
Custodian (Former Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 15, 2013
On a typical day I would clean patient rooms. I learned that working in the E.R is not an easy task. Management had a lot of favoritism and incosideration. My co-workers were amazing and trained me well. Hardest part of the job was seeing people die, and the most enjoyable part was helping them through a tough time.
Opportunity for growth
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: working in a teaching hospital
Cons: short staffing and not enought time to spend with each patient
I learned a lot my first year at Baystate Medical center. Being a teaching hospital, it was a great place to start. I learned a lot my first year out. Prioritizing, working as a team and leadership. My co workers were all on the same level as myself and we were all learning together and there was a lot of support. The most difficult part of the job – more... was short staffing. – less
Professional and Productive
Unit Coordinator/IV Technician (Former Employee), MAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: very well run facility.
Cons: working nights
Unit Coordinator in the ICU and IV Tech in all of the critical care units. A very well run hospital, the teams I worked with were very professional and there was always excellent focus on patient care.
Positive working environment.
PCT/OA/Scheduler (Current Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 6, 2013
Working in Baystate, means that you will always learn new things and meet interesting people. There is always something going on to keep you on your toes, and to keep you very busy.
family orientated and comminity wise place to work
Collection Rep 1 (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: work shops
Cons: n/a
Baystate medical center is very flexible with the hours. I come in at 6.30 leave 3.00 satisfied with my work.
Fast Paced Work Enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: all the staff was very supportive of one another.
A typical day of work included management of between 4-6 patients, daily medication administration, dressing changes, IV management, knowledge of wound vacs, g-tubes, j-tubes, and chest tubes. Also lab review, constant contact with the physicians, and proper charting and documentation.
Baystate Medical Center is an ever changing and growing institution facing its challenges in today's economy.
Operations Associate III (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 18, 2013
Pros: 12.5 hour shifts, tuition reimbursment, dynamic spiritual services department, excellent dental and vision insurance, excellent resident and intern program
Cons: management, 12.5 hour shifts
I am grateful for my years of experience at Baystate Medical Center. The hospital teems with diverse, multicultural staff in all departments which makes the work experience an exciting and ever changing opportunity to learn and grow.
fair employer
HIV Case Manager/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 16, 2013
the best part of this employment was the help and knowledge that I would provide for patients no matter what went on in office
Great Company to work for
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Greenfield, MAApril 21, 2013
Great people to work with, great benefits, busy with customers taking vital signs, triage, prior authorizations, surgical scheduling, wound care
A caring and nurturing atmosphere where the job became an adventure
Surgical Technologist / CSP Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 18, 2013
Pros: learning experience
Cons: shift changes/ 12hours
I always love this hospital because it is a teaching hospital. You learn about medicine in a different way. Its the diversity of the staff that brings different cultures, methods and technology together for the benefit of the infirmed.
Fast paced medical-telemetry unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: high stress
On any given day at work I am responsible for the care of 5-7 patients. It is a very fast-paced environment and we care for a wide variety of illnesses. I have groomed my time management skills, and increased my knowledge of many illnesses and diseases. I have the best co-workers, we make a great team! The most difficult part of the job is that some – more... days you don't feel like you really get to know your patients because you are so busy! But the best part of the job is knowing that you make a difference in someone's stay at the hospital. – less
Fast Pace and lot's of work to do in 8hrs
Practice Associate 1 (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 18, 2013
I love my job. I love working with patients and helping them with their health care needs.
Excellent work enviroment!
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Ware MAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great doctors.
Cons: moved to ct and had to give resignation.
This was my 1st job as a Medical Assistant right after I graduated. I learned alot on the job from the MA's and doctor's there. I was able to give injections, draw blood, prepared patients for the doc's, etc.
Decent Part-time job
Food Service Aide (Former Employee), Greenfield, MADecember 27, 2012
Good place to work, good compensation.

Managment is however far from understanding not to mention they will leave you hanging for several weeks on most matters. Communication is not 1st priority here.
Secured Building with Free Parking
Free Care/ Medicaid Rep/ Data Entry (Former Employee), Springfield Ma.December 18, 2012
Pros: good benefits and overtime
Upon arrival, I greet my coworkers, then turn on my computer and work off 7 worklists throughout the day, highest dollar amounts were priority. Billed HSN primary, wrote off accounts to BHS Program. Various office duties throughout the day. Trained on programs that were only pertinent to our position.
Fulfilling
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee), Greenfield, MANovember 30, 2012
There are so many departments but overall this is a great place to work.