Baystate Health

Baystate Health Employer Reviews

Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), SpringfieldSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: work experience
Cons: unfriendly coworkers
good place to get experience. employees in the department were all against each other. unfriendly
Fast-paced
Patient Relations and Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, MassachusettsSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: not being able to advance in my career
Everyday is a learning day at my job. it is very fast-paced and one has to be able to multi-task. I work with great team players that makes the job very interesting and enjoyable. I work with doctors, nurses and patients. There is nothing hard about the job because we are constantly learning and assisting both internal and external customers. The enjoyable part is being able to assist and be part of a team that is caring and fun to work with.
over all good
CREDIT RESOLUTION ANALYST SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: very busy
over all good company to work for. time for a change. moving forward.
Productive innovative trauma hospital.
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE/UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: ancillary health benefits with perks such as gift certificates, discounts. employee discounts at a large number of local businesses.
Cons: staff reductions, and expansion without adding more support staff.
Baystate Medical Center was indeed a great place to work. Always on the cutting edge of technology and finding ways to enhance and improve the quality of the lives served in the community.

Opportunities for continued education and advancement were plentiful.

A typical 12.5 hour day could be stressful at times, but always manageable. Resources were always available for support and the hospital fostered employee interaction, for example feedback via Survey Monkey, email, Employee Engagement Committees and more.

The hardest part of the job were sometimes staffing issues as staff was often reduced as a means of financial conservation. However, the team of co-workers that I had known for 15 years always rallied to get the jobs done.

I most enjoyed my interactions with patients and family members, and having the ability to be the best service oriented employee I could be to support our team of nursing staff, physicians, case managers, liaisons, interdepartmental staff and more.
Great Place to Work!
Radiological Technology Student (Former Employee), Greenfield, MAJuly 13, 2014
I worked in the Radiology department at BFMC as a student intern. The staff is amazing, very easy to work with and willing to teach. Everyone within the department was very supportive from the Rads, to management to Techs to reception. My dream job would be to work here in this department. It was a bittersweet day when we ended clinical.
Family
Monitor Tech/Operations Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJune 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility with work schedule
Cons: off site parking with shuttle to main building
The culture at Baystate Medical Center has become like a family. Baystate is a very big company with three hospitals and several medical facilities across Massachusetts, without the corporate feel. Employees at Baystate are always willing to help each other inside and out of work. Whether it's fund raising, child care, or even a ride into work someone is always willing to help.
productive workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Holyoke, MAMay 21, 2014
Pros: hands on
A typical day at Baystate was very productive and hands on. I enjoyed every aspect of my internship there.
Great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMay 18, 2014
Great place to learn and advance nursing career. Management is approachable and easy to talk to. Overall safe staffing ratios.

New policy requires color coded uniforms that you must purchase from hospital vendor with your own money. Current employees are getting a one time stipend of $100 to offset the cost but many employees are upset that they can no longer buy the brand/style of scrubs that fit them best and that the hospital is not paying in full for the required uniforms. Doctors can wear whatever they like.
I like the job, it was my 2nd home.
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 23, 2014
Pros: baystate has had to cut back from certain perks we used to get, still, they do have a lot of flexibility in rewarding those that do a goodjob, they do have a lot of pizza luncheons, as perks for the employees. pizza and cake days were always welcome by us.
Cons: no company is perfect, there came a time that we were taking on more duties that we could handle in a 40 hour week, over time was offerred but not as much as we would have wanted.
Since this is where I worked the longest, they must of been doing something right, and they did, that said, no company is perfect, and they can not please every one. Being that I have always been a loner. I did not goofed around and that is something they always kept an eye on, people came and went but they never had a complain about me, I got good reviews, and I always received a raise every year. I was comfortable with my work, with my knowledge of the job, and I was at the end indispensable so much so, that after I retired from the company, they hired me back on a per diem basis. I was happy with them. They do reward good performance and they are a very good employer.
Good working environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Springfield, MaApril 5, 2014
Great place to work, very educational. I enjoyed helping others and making a difference in someones life. I also had the opportunity to do my social work internship at the hospital and it was a pleasant experience.
good working experience
Staff RN- Emergency Room, Emergency Department (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 24, 2014
Good working experience, excellent place for a new, nurtured enviroment
Excellent place to work
Audit Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 20, 2014
Baystate Health is an excellent place to work. Co-workers are very professional and personable.
Professional, fun place to work
Outside Services Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 10, 2014
Baystate is a wonderful company to work for. If I wasn't relocating I would retire there.
A Wonderful Work Place
Staff Assistant, Corporate Compliance (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 27, 2014
I was responsible for the day-to day operations of filing, copying, ordering office supplies, handling telephone inquiries, processing and distributing mail and packages. I would bring efficiency, reliability and accuracy to the office.
PRODUCTIVE EVERY DAY
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee), Springfield, MADecember 27, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: no insurances, no benefits
IT WAS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK, BUT NO BENEFITS, NO VACATIONS.. IT WAS TEMPORARY JOB BUT I LEARN A LOT
Sterile Processing
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee), Springfield, MADecember 11, 2013
It is a large company with 4 sites to work in. A trauma center. Very busy work pace.
LOVE WORKING HERE
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MADecember 11, 2013
Pros: holiday party
The time spent here has nothing but taught me a lot also help build me as an individual personally and professionally, I love my co workers, patients and providers
Employer of many within the community
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Greenfield, MADecember 7, 2013
Baystate Health is a community oriented employer. The benefits are good and there are opportunities to advance within the company
Great people, so-so job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Springfield MADecember 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits, co-workers became family, great supervisor
Cons: injuries were common, nursing staff loves to stab you in the back, management can only back you up so much
I was lucky to work with some amazing people, but unlucky to have a job without the proper equipment. We had to deal with gang members, weapons, drugs, combative psych patients, etc., all with just our brains, hands, and radios. Management was unwilling to provide said equipment because it might ruin the "customer service" persona we were supposed to fit into. Luckily, my fellow co-workers were smart, capable, and strong, both mentally and physically. They made the job worthwhile.
n/a
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Greenfield, MANovember 20, 2013
Enjoyed working with patients of all ages. Busy understaffed environment but still enjoyed the work.