Baystate Health Employee Reviews in United States

Great place with great coworkers
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 5, 2016
I start my shift with checking vital signs on my patients. My co-workers are very compassionate and it's a pleasure to work with them all.
Pros
I love the 12 hour shifts
Cons
Sad situations with patients
Fast paced work environment / supporting our patient
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 22, 2015
a nice busy work load
we are valued as employees for our work contribution
there are many health care driven directives making it constantly changing environment as would be expected
great people
Pros
Acknowledged for the job you do
Cons
not as much room for growth as I would like
Interesting but fun place to work.
Cocierge (Current Employee) –  759 Chestnut StreetFebruary 11, 2016
It is a great environment that provides you with the ability to keep learning new things with possibilities to move up over time.
Baystate Medical Center
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 9, 2016
Good place to work. People are very nice. Working with patients is rewarding. Learning every day new ways to practice pharmacy.
productive
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 29, 2016
Decent place to work although in my particular job there is not much room for advancement because I am cureently not working with in my field of study.
Good Working enviroment
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 14, 2016
Supportive management structure.
Many talented people
Teamwork oriented
I very much enjoy all of the leadership meetings and trainings
Good company to work for. No room for advancement in the department. Opportunity to move to other internal positions within the organization.
Home Care Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield MASeptember 17, 2015
Good company to work for no room for advancement. There is opportunity to move to other departments within the organization after a year of initial hire. Good people, hard working and dedicated to patients.
A good environmental place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 6, 2015
Very happy to work for Baystate Medical Center. It has given me the opportunity to grow as an individual. And great full to have excellent co-workers and nurses to work with our manager is great and treats everybody with respect and I believe she treats everybody equal. A typical day at work will be taking vital signs report any changes to nurse. Assist all patient with they needs.
Pros
very good comunication
Cons
at times not enough help
every day is a learning lesson in the Ed
PCTIII/Phlebotomist/ ED Dept (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 1, 2015
Very hectic at times and fast paced working in the ED. Everyday I learn something new working in emergent care. My co workers are great. The hardest part of my job is when we have a patient that comes in and we have done everything we can and the outcome is not good. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we are successful with saving a life or a family thanks you and compliments you as a person and a professional.
Pros
good organization to work for
Cons
short staffed
Great place to build customer and work related skills
Patient Care Technician II (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 24, 2015
Assisting patients with tasks they are unable to do for themselves, delivering food trays, helping feed the patients, helping patients walk, performing range of motion exercises, positioning patients comfortably in their beds, helping patients dress and bathe, assisting doctors and nurses with treatments, reporting medical conditions, recording vital signs, as well as performing electrocardiographs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no comments
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 2, 2016
I deal with many different people of various social, economical backgrounds. I am a team player and help with solving problems.
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 30, 2015
I like interacting with the providers. I listen and learn alot. One of the hardest things would be to get them to finish their documentation by month end close.
benefits
Cons
N/A
great place to work
Enviromental Services (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 28, 2015
competitive pay rates, room for advancements, job training and schooling. people are friendly and easy going. room to move around in the company with many locations in mass.
flexible with my family and life needs
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 29, 2015
Great people to work with
Would love to keep working there if I was not relocating to Michigan.
Great benefits
Busy Hospital with Level 1 trauma center
I have learned many things in the 15 years I have worked for this company. I have grown into a position that I loved doing.
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belchertown,MAJune 14, 2015
My job entailed many different facets of running the office.
I enjoyed working with my staff training them in new procedures that happen in the office such as billing and insurance updates.
I work with a professional staff that made it a very good working environment. I enjoyed my job duties which made it a very positive experience for staff and myself. The hardest part of my job was leaving at the end of the day. The most enjoyable was helping people both staff and patients' I enjoy what I do which makes it an all around positive experience for whomever I may be in contact with.
Pros
Training Opportunites, Positive Staff, Good Management, Enjoyable work atmoshphere, Comapny Benefits
Cons
Negative people, Poor Management.
Excellent choice for high quality patient care by competent nurses.
Nurse Manager Inpatient Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 22, 2015
Talented and dedicated staff. Promoting a learning environment. magnet recognition and research oriented. Wonderful place to grow. The hardest part of the job is learning your way around campus.
Pros
Fabulous mentors.
Cons
poor parking
Fast Pace but very awarding
Internship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 10, 2015
Working in a hospital setting was different in that the patients were locked in the unit. All patients were suffering with a range of mental disorders. Meeting with some of them proved to be more difficult than others however interning there allowed me to gain more patience when working with difficult populations.
Good workplace
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 28, 2015
Overall a very good company with rather solid management. Progression in careers seem to be limited in the lab field at times, but work environment has been improving.
Pros
GREAT MANAGEMENT
Cons
NEEDS BETTER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT
Just a job
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAApril 7, 2015
The typical day in Environmental services is just cleaning all day. You don't really learn anything from working in that department, if yo know how to clean you just learn how each other department likes their area done. The management doesn't really know what they are doing or what employee satisfaction is. The coworkers really depend on your shift each shift has their own personality.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Problems aren't addressed or are ignored.
work/life balance favors the company
Registered Nurse- Nursing Department (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 28, 2015
The current CNO and management keep asking nurses to do more activities for the benefit of the hospital, which leaves less time for life outside of work.