Baystate Health

Baystate Health Employee Reviews

Hard worker
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 7, 2015
Self-Motivated,flexible,adaptive and diligent worker who Handles demanding workload efficiently. Experienced in Driving Learn new quickly and efficiently.
Enjoyable hospital base job.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 1, 2015
Worked inpatient on the orthopedic floor. Enjoyed working with the RN and MD. I assisted patients with adaptive devices and equipment in order for them to return home. Working in the hospital gives you exposure to so many other professionals and their importance in the patients recovery.
Excellent Supervision
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 20, 2015
Baystate Medical Center so far has been the greatest place I have ever worked at, The Management staff have great skills when interacting with employees and they make every employee feel great about themselves, my co-workers have been very helpful and are great team players.
Baystate Health
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 10, 2015
I've grown into great opportunities by working at Baystate Health. This career has allowed me to learn and develop my skills in multiple areas.
Nice and warm workplace
IT Guy (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours, nice co-workers
Cons: a basic cafeteria
This is the ideal company if you plan to seek for work-life balance with lots of health-related benefits for you and your family. The organization is still in the midst of transformation process and change.
Excellent unit
RN-M5 Cardiac Intervention Unit (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 3, 2015
Currently working on a 32 bed cardiac intervention unit where we prepare for, and recover, cath lab and EP lab patients. I enjoy this unit however I would like to explore PACU opportunities.
busy
Technical Associate, Respiratory Unit (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: friendly
Cons: getting attached
working at a hospital you had to multi task
if I wasn't on the floor helping out I would be answering calls an admitting cleints.
when duty as a technical associates would be once I walk in see who are my clients
which client is complete care
who''s DM
who's a fall risk
If my week was the vent side those clients were complete care from assisting the nurse with wound care and turning client around.
document their vitals
inputs
outputs
If I was schedule to work for unit secreatary
my responsibility would be filing,answering calls
greet family and assist them.
make wrist band and add client to the bedboard
Great place to work, learn, and advance one's career
Radiology Support Services Secretary (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great people, great opportunities
This is a great place to work. The environment is very friendly and everyone is eager to help. The work is not hard to do. It is constantly changing to improve patient flow and patient care, so working here requires a person to adapt and make changes within a moment's notice.
Large facility, many people, various tasks being performed
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: dedicated employees, team work orientated, good benefits, good compensation
Cons: heavy work load, sometimes short staffed, high pressure
Professional, fast paced environment dedicated organized to meet
the needs of patients and customers. High volume activities. Multi-
tasking and team atmosphere.
Loved working for this agency
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJanuary 4, 2015
Love Baystate but their residential programs are lacking in leadership roles.
Very supportive staff to help me with technical consulting
Lead Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: gave me a bigger picture of lab day to day workings
Cons: trying to get physicians onboard with starting up a lab
This was an excellent place to be able to expand my knowledge of training and setting up new accounts. I got a feel for the true sense of the lab on a small scale. Being able to validate analyzers, troubleshoot, and train employees to use their new analyzer was very rewarding. I also was able to see the management side with coding and billing for testing and how the lab was able to make money even in a small office setting.
Great work environment, interesting and fast paced
Operations Associate II/Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great staff, easy to pick up hours
Cons: having to take the shuttle from your assigned parking lot to the main campus
I really enjoy my work at Baystate. Every day is a little different, not one exactly the same, and the hospital environment is very exciting.
Stimulating and friendly
Practice Associate (Former Employee), Greenfield, MAJanuary 1, 2015
Very busy medical office with steep learning curve and very supportive coworkers and managers. Per diem schedule in three offices allowed for flexibility and the opportunity to work closely with interesting people while serving the public.
Productive and fun work place.
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee), Springfield, MADecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, diners.
Cons: short breaks, healthcare.
My working day usually begins at 8 PM and ends at 12am. The Supervisory and my colleagues are very nice and friendly. I learned to be attentive to the little things. The hardest part was learning the hospital map. At first I wandered through the hospital, but now it's pretty easy. I love when I'm around computers.
productive and always-changing environment including service positions
Custodian (Current Employee), Springfield, MADecember 26, 2014
Pros: good pay, hard workers, diversity
Cons: getting out of a dept with no degree, lack of food service at night, parking garage is a death trap
I have been in the env services dept for 4 years. A typical workday/worknight consists of coming in, signing in and confirming any schedule changes and gathering supplies to get the cart ready. My job entails I follow a general workflow allowing for changes usually due to an influx in patients leaving as that is a priority. Management is consistent and always trying to implement new techniques and products. The hardest part is trying to get out of the dept into another within the hospital. The most enjoyable is getting to know the patient care professionals from techs to nurses who tend to walk around like gods here-- once they know you your job gets a lot easier on the tough nights. We all work together here.
IRB Analyst
Institutional Review Board Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, MADecember 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room for advancement
Responsible for implementing and coordinating daily activities of the IRB including support to the Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) Director, IRB Chairs and IRB Members. Functions as a resource to research investigators and support staff while providing clear and accurate instructions, guidance and support through the entire regulatory process. Analyzes all submissions to the IRB for completeness, accuracy, and ethical and regulatory compliance. Responsible for attending monthly IRB board meetings to record actions and votes and prepare the IRB meeting minutes. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Federal and State regulations and the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AHRPP) guidelines. Assists in the development and implementation of IRB policies and procedures.
enjoyable, fun , and rewarding
Mental Health counswelor (Current Employee), Springfield, MANovember 8, 2014
Having the abiltiy to work with a great crew and service patients in need.
My job experience at BMC
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, flexible schedule, great benefits
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed working at Baystate Medical Center very much. I loved my co-workers and all of the patients that I was able to help everyday. I worked the night shift from 7:00 pm until 7:30 am. That was somewhat of a struggle, but I enjoyed it. I worked under the direction of the Registered Nurse and provided total patient care including glucose testing, EKGs, catheters, bathing, vital signs, and dietary needs. My favorite part of the job was making the patients happy and being a part of an amazing team. I learned so much working at Baystate about myself and the medical field in general.
Nice place to work, good benefits
Patient & Guest Service Representative IV (Current Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits and great employees.
Cons: schedules fluccuate according to office demand, and unable to advance within the organization.
It is a fast pace offfice, with patient care being the primary focus.In this position I have learned to pay attention to detail. Speed is not as important as obtaining accurate information.

I have work with an excellent team of people. But the job can be very demanding due to the changes in health care reimbursement and health care reform.

The organization has helped me to obtain an Associates Degree in Office Information, a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management and a Masters Degree in Public Administration. But unfortunately it is hard to advance within the organization even with those credentials.
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), SpringfieldSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: work experience
Cons: unfriendly coworkers
good place to get experience. employees in the department were all against each other. unfriendly