BB&T

BB&T Employer Reviews

High pace, high energy environment enveloped by rapid changes.
ML Retail Foreclosure Business Analyst I (Current Employee), Wilson, NCDecember 21, 2014
Pros: large company with lots of growth opportunity
This company is a company of growth, both financially and personally for the company and it's employees. The top leaders have a strong vision for the direction of the corporation, with an emphasis on the overall well being of it's employees. The employees are the main asset of this corporation and educating the workforce is a top priority. The company – more... has strong set of core values that are taught to every employee upon being hired. They stand behind these values 100%. However that being said, I wish that there was a strong training session that every manager should attend prior to being promoted to a management level, to ensure that all management is all on the same page. It can become very challenging for a worker to navigate between managers that are on two different playing fields. Aside from that, I have enjoyed assisting fellow employees with problem solving and developing workplace relationships with my peers. While the corporation is filled with every person from every walk of life, it is during my time with them that I have learned the most about effective communication etiquette. – less
Administrative Assistant/Loan Processor (Former Employee), Destin, FloridaDecember 19, 2014
I learned a lot from the Mortgage loan Officer that I had forgotten since I had been out of the Mortgage side of things for a couple of years. The MLO was very easy to work and talk with. The hardest part of the job was leaving the people that I worked with.
Great people strict management
Mortgage Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, work morale activities
Cons: stress
Great people, extremely strict management, not much flexibly, friendly clients, I learned to be patient and understanding. Very stressful job
Community Banking Done Right
Certified Branch Banker IV (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: great, fun office environments that organically encouraged teamwork.
Cons: ever-shifting chains of command as the bank grew and adapted to new economic realities.
BB&T considers itself a community bank despite its ever-increasing size, and my experience reflected that sentiment. The branch system is extremely client-oriented and encourages strong relationships to be built by, and between, individual employees. This philosophy was my favorite part of working with BB&T. It taught me the value of building relationships – more... over constantly seeking new ones. Balancing client service with sales and operations was a constant challenge, but one that I genuinely relished. There was never a boring day, that much is certain. – less
Summary
Flexible Benefits Administrator I (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 11, 2014
Great compnay to work for. I wish the company was were I am moving to would have loved to continue my career with BB&T.
Not a bad place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Lexington, VADecember 11, 2014
Their training program was excellent, one of the best I have seen. I learned varies ins and outs of federal laws and everyday banking. The management was very fair and helpful. My co-workers were not very welcoming. I also noticed they did not have good customer service skills.
Great bank!
Operations Division Business Analyst II (Former Employee), Wilson, NCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
The hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. The environment was welcoming and inclusive.
Great Bank
Bilingual Relationship Bank Teller (Former Employee), Roebuck, ALDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay, good people.
Cons: outdated system.
Busy, and fulfilling banking job. Need a bit more organization and better training. Liked it very well. The hardest part for me was, the schedule was never follow appropriately, making my personal life a bit difficult to keep my appointments and other matters on time or not being able to attend to them due to lack of staff. If the schedule appointed – more... to me was follow as given,I would still be working for them. Manager was kind and knew my capabilities to preform my job. I miss her. I miss my clients as well. – less
Great small bank with the big bank benefits
Senior Teller / Teller Mentor (Current Employee), Conyers, GADecember 2, 2014
Pros: good ethical foundation. survived the tough times.
Cons: the industry overall has had it's challenges
This bank is a great company founded a honorable principles.
What's best for the customer is always first before making a sale.
Employees have great respect for the corporation.
Pro-active, I possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
BANK TELLER AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDDecember 1, 2014
Apart from being adept at traditional bank teller duties, I have consistently focused on providing exceptional customer service to clients. Job related skills aside, I possess key skills such as:

Ability to multitask efficiently
Ability to work in high-paced environment
Ability to work in a team
Ability to successfully diffuse tense situations
Enjoyed my co workers
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Fremont, NCNovember 29, 2014
I can say I have amazing co workers.There is not a lot of room for advancement and the company does not have alot of loyalty.
learning in the work place
Collection Rep II (Current Employee), Winterville, NCNovember 25, 2014
I have learned a lot working for BB&T especially for someone who did not major in finance or accounting, this job gives you tools to be successful in life on the financial.The employees are friendly, and fun to be around. The job isn't easy, but once you get it, you ill be able to help other succeed,].
Contractor Position
Senior Reconcilement Specialist (Current Employee), Wilson, NCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: good if you permanent
Cons: if your looking to get hired from a temp position don't bother - they rotate temps regularly
The position was for temp to direct hire. Very difficult to be successful. As a temp you do not have the access that you need to perform you job. Poor communications between managers.
Overall BB&T is a wonderful company to work for.
Certified Senior Teller (Current Employee), Bushnell, FLNovember 24, 2014
I enjoy working for BB&T. I have learned so much at this job. Typical day at the office would include me assisting my clients and by offering them appropriate banking advice to help them achieve financial success. Management at BB&T are very knowledgeable and helpful with everyday banking needs, whether it be staff or clients. My co-workers and I are – more... a close working team. We are positive and encourage each other to be the best we can be and help one another better serve our clients on a daily basis. The hardest part of this job would be finding balance between daily office duties and obtaining new small business relationships within the community. I most enjoy seeing my clients everyday and being able to take my banking knowledge to better help them be financially successful. – less
Best Company
Documentation Specialist II (Former Employee), Wilson, NCNovember 20, 2014
I enjoyed and do miss working at BB&T. Job was fulfilling with good benefits. Co-workers were great.
If I ever move back south I will be be re-applying for this company!
NO Thanks
Business Service Asst/ Relationship Banker II (Former Employee), Cape Coral, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: management and business plan
The customers are great but the company doesnt trust it's employees to think for themselves. You are told what to say, how to say it.
Enjoyed the culture
Banking Network Branch Manager (Former Employee), Leesburg, FloridaNovember 19, 2014
Not knowing when construction was going to make a comeback in Florida, I choose banking as my alternative career choice. It was very satisfying being able to help our client base.
the only reason for leaving was to return to construction management with Winter Park Construction.
has its ups and downs
BB&T Correspondent Lending Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Wilson NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: flexibility with schedule
Cons: no job security. no company moral
I enjoyed the actual job that I had. Upper Management made it hard. No job security.
Fun Place to work.
Relationship Banker Call Center Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whiteville, NCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: schedules
Cons: paid once a month
Great Management. Fun place to work , flexible schedules. Good trainers.
Adjuster I (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: day off with pay if had the highest call volume at the end of the month
Cons: short breaks
open atmosphere - call center very loud - assisted customers

1 2 3 4 5

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more