BB&T

BB&T Employer Reviews

Good job bad oversight
Teller (Current Employee), Buckhead, GAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: good schedules
Cons: understaffed
The managers of specific branches have too much power and not enough checks and balances over them.
A great corporate culture with a few challenges
Market Leader (Former Employee), Washington DCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: benefits package (well defined pension plan), autonomy to make own decisions & fun place to work despite the sales pressure.
Cons: work/life balance, incentive program, very little room for advancement & constantly changing expectations.
I worked for this company for over a decade and saw a tremendous amount of change. Most of the changes were for the good of the organization however it seems that the bank is giving priority to efficiency over client service at this time. The sales culture is intense but manageable however the annual incentive plan and compensation are extremely inadequate – more... given the amount required to make the annual bonus. Arbitrary rules and last minute changes are set relating to incentive which make it difficult for individuals to take full advantage of the programs. Work/life balance is impossible if you want to do well and advancement is limited. Executive management is exceptional however some of the regional leadership decisions seem inconsistent with their vision. – less
Mission and vision focused
Market Leader II (Current Employee), Lyman, SCOctober 12, 2014
BB&T stands behind it's mission and vision to be the best of the best. As a Market Leader II, I am responsible for managing two branches while increasing retail and small business loans. Overall balanced performance is based on loans, referrals, deposit growth, etc.
Professional
certified senior teller, Customer Service (Former Employee), Wake Forest, NCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
A typical day began by processing night drop deposits from commercial clients. Reports would then be pulled which gave me daily information regarding different elements from the day before. The ATM had to be maintained, filled and emptied on certain days. The branch opened at 9AM at which time our main focus was on providing excellent customer service – more... while performing transactions accurately and handling any client problems or issues. Amount of currency had to be determined and ordered for the vault as well as certain denominations had to be shipped. Accurate recording and detail was imperative. Handling of incoming and out going phone calls was a constant throughout the day. ATM, vault, TCR machine, and all cash drawers had to be balanced daily. Taking on line courses and tests regarding banking policy, regulations, and products was ongoing and daily. Monitored reports and branch to be in compliance with audit requirements. – less
Awful
Teller/Relationship Banker (Former Employee), RosemontOctober 8, 2014
Cons: everything
Worst bank I ever worked for, they do not follow basic banking procedures. The managers put their hands in your drawer when they are in a hurry and don't want to wait for you to do a transaction. Management is dishonest which creates a hostile work environment. I was there 18month, never called in sick and the one time I called to say I might be late – more... because of a doctor appt. the manager screamed at me to go to Urgent Care. Management is unfair in how they treat people and they uphold different standards to your work depending on if they like you or not instead of basic bank rules and hard work is not recognized. They do not properly train long time employees to stay current with the new computer systems. – less
Very great place to work!
Field Technician (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 7, 2014
very great and productive place to work. coworkers are very friendly.
Good Benefits/Near Impossible to Advance with the Company
Certified Senior Teller (Current Employee), Wilson, NCOctober 6, 2014
I have work with BB&T for many years now completed a college degree while employed with BB&T and always get good performance reviews, but I can not advance in this company. I have watch many jobs I have applied for go to less qualified and less educated people than myself. Do not expect hard work and good results to get you ahead in this company.
great company to work for
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2014
they treat their employees like family. the training was amazing. you knew you were being set up for success.
bb&t
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Miramar, FLOctober 3, 2014
No room for growth or independent thinking. Good company bad management
Fast paced,
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Edgewood, MDOctober 1, 2014
All of my co-workers are great. I learned to be patient, development good relationships with my co workers and clients. The best part of my day is helping out a client, answering questions that will help them better understand banking.
good place to work-very professional
csr/sales (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good working conditions
Cons: not anything important
very nice place to work. management and co-workers were very
nice. would like to work part-time 2-3 days a week. our jobs at
BB&T were eliminated and sent to be serviced by their service ctr.
I would still be working if this had not happened. really liked my
job
Company values sales efforts
Branch Banker Team Leader II (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 29, 2014
Company likes to reward performers with incentive bonuses, and congratulatory dinners and luncheons.
Great organization, wonderful financial company
Contract Test Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 26, 2014
Work with latest software technology, great teams, lots of support, flexibility, great work-life balance
Decent
Certified Teller Supervisor II (Current Employee), Greater WashingtonSeptember 25, 2014
Great benefits, hit hard by changes in economy. Cuts in staffing lead to doing way more with way less. Management is fair and job security is there. Advancement is rare, though. People stay in positions for years and years which means no one else gets a shot at them.
Commercial Real Estate Lending
Vice President, Sales and Servicing Officer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 24, 2014
Managed and developed a $55MM CRE Loan Portfolio working with local, regional and national homebuilders and developers.
Flexible Company
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: micromanagement
I assisted clients with new and existing financial needs. They worked around my school schedule, but did not have a good method to keep me updated on policy changes.
Great company
Market Leader III (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, benefits, pay
Great Bank to work for. After working with WF for 7 years BB&T was a welcomed change. Love my job and manager.
Seems Nice to Start.....
Certified Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), GASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: gave impression it was the best company
Cons: stretching branches way to thin, expecting far too much from management to fulfil their job responsibilities
I started as a Teller with this company and thought it was the best company out there....that was until I moved up to management and they started rearranging all the regions and branches and positions. Instead of that they should have been concentrating on advancing their technical abilities to keep up with their competition. My latest position was – more... as a Teller Supervisor within a branch that was the busiest in my region......unfortunately they made the branches so short staffed that it was physically impossible to complete your job to the best of your ability because you were too busy wearing too many hats. – less
company does not value their employees!
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Knoxville, TnSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: horrible power structure! big bosses need to pay attention to the smaller regions
I was employed with BB&T for 7 years and got fired over something completely petty,I wouldn't work in the East Tn region for all the money on the world! Completely corrupt! No loyalty to employees even though that is supposed to be the #2 priority of the company at large.
A long time established bank
Sr. Teller (Former Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: long time established bank
Cons: technical advancements to keep up with the big banks is letting customer service fall
A long time established bank with good products. With the job market and reorganization of the bank, there is not much in the means of advancement or job security. Their mission is good but in the means of advancement of their technical areas to keep up with the big banks. The customer friendly and fast service is being put to the side.

1 2 3 4 5

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more