BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 1,011 reviews matching the search
• Over 7+ years of knowledge and experience in Information Technology. • An experienced Business Analyst / Project planner with knowledge of vertical
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCSeptember 23, 2016
• Closely work with Application development team, Architect team, and project manager.
• Used Agile methodology to managed and tracked projects during Sprints, used JIRA to capture, analyze and assign work, organize issues, and follow team activities and what the team would work on.
• Worked with stakeholders and Agile Scrum Masters to prioritized User Stories and Sprint product backlogs as well as ensured the timely completion of iterations and new releases.
• Effective communication, coordination and interpersonal skills in interactions with subject matter experts (SMEs), business End users, Lead and Project Manager.
• Facilitate scrum meetings like sprint planning, Daily Stand-ups, sprint progress, sprint review and to track completed features, stack holder communication, and sprint retrospective.
• Expert in creating UML diagrams such as Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and web Page Mock-Ups using Microsoft Visio.
• Extensively experienced in facilitating JAD session, conducting walk through process with SDLC teams.
• Proficient using Rational Requisite Pro and Quality Center to manage test cases and defects.
• Proficient with the databases like MS-ACCESS, Oracle 11g/12c and integration tools like SSIS, SSRS for automation.
fun workplace, loved my co workers and clients
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, ALSeptember 22, 2016
Each day I was responsible for opening new accounts, loans, and customer concerns or complaints. Along with doing the job of a branch banker I was required to have a teller drawer in my desk away from the teller line which made me feel unsafe because I was out in the open for anyone to see what was in my drawer. They were several days that we had to eat at our desk due to lack of staff because of the cut backs. It is VERY dangerous to leave only two women in the branch to open and close. I did learn several
job duties. Loved the co workers I worked with. The management to me was only concerned with how many sales and sales calls that I placed. They did not seem to care if I took care of the current clients. They also wanted me to make sales even though I knew the client did not want product and said no in the past. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I could successfully help a client with their needs.
Cons
some days no lunch. Not enough employess
Productive great work atmosphere
Sr. VP, Product Manager, Listed Equity Trader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2016
All aspects of my employment were fantastic enjoyed waking up and going to work everyday. I believe that this is the most satisfying place to work with fantastic people and well rounded management.
Values Driven Company
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 19, 2016
This is a very nice place to work. As a sales associate, the goals are accessible and with hard work and dedication, there is no problem reaching them. This is a bank that is constantly focused on the community and reaching out for business. An outgoing attitude is a plus. They always try to make you feel as an essential part of the team, which brings pride and confidence to the associates.
Pros
Live the Values
Cons
Short Staffed
Great Work environment
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 10, 2016
Great work environment,
• Balanced cash drawer at shift beginning and ending to ensure proper drawer balancing
• Surpassed daily quotas by referring clients to appropriate services based on product knowledge
• Referred clients to appropriate financial services and products as required
• Assisted clients with monetary services such as money order and official checks
• Oversaw processing of night deposit bags
Teller (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 9, 2016
Everyday is a learning experience at BB&T. Management and coworkers are great but most of the time we are understaffed.
Great Place to Work
AVP, Real Estate Owned Department, Asst Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 9, 2016
A great Company to work for, the benefits are exceptional and the management and employees are all fun and motivated people. I enjoy my job very much as I am not micro-managed like with many positions. I work a salary position and have a lot of flexibility when it comes to work hours as long as all of the work is handled. My managers as well as senior management with the company are all very smart and intelligent people. We are lucky to have a great management team.
Pros
Great Benefits & Great Management
Cons
Building/workspace needs renovated
Average Place To Work
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 7, 2016
It's not easy to be hired by BB&T. They are picky. There is a very corporate sense to BB&T. The dress code is strictly enforced and must be adhered to. This is less relaxed work place where sales results are crucial.
Pros
Work/life balance is great. Met awesome people there.
Cons
Outdated systems.
i excellent work place nice people very productive
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2016
my review would have to be I was very glad to be apart of an excellent work place the people are ,so respectful fast talented in jus down to earth . I enjoyed the customers friendly faces even sometimes my regulars its a place to yourself im very out going
Pros
down to earth people we were all like family they except you as you are
Cons
short breaks
Big banking at its worst
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PASeptember 4, 2016
It is the typical big bank culture where the people on the entry level, lower rung positions are being told to work harder and more efficiently while having to work Sundays, Holidays and sometimes 3 Saturdays a month because there is no respect for boundaries with those things which leads to an incredibly poor work life balance. They have a good health insurance initiative but that's really about it.
worked on company promotions and mailings/worked the teller line
Marketing Assistant/Teller (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCSeptember 4, 2016
When I first started it was Citizens Savings Bank. I was the Marketing Assistant. I traveled to all the branches to change banners, posters and flyers. I also mailed out company promotions to customers. Looking through newspapers, I cut out competitors ads and articles as well as I took pictures of billboards. After BB&T purchased Citizens Savings Bank, they moved me to be a teller which consisted of processing debits and credits into customers accounts and processing payments to their accounts. I also balanced my cash drawer daily.
Pros
Loved traveling around as the Marketing Assistant
Cons
Not being challenged as a Teller
Productive, important work place
Remmitance Processor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2016
Great job. Management is different. The management is old. Fresh new eyes is a must. No growth. Don't recognize strength.....I like the yearly education class we take. Order is very important to the company.
Pros
Free on sit clinic
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyed my job
Relationship Banker I (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALSeptember 3, 2016
I was constantly working with our customers either from the lobby or telephone. It was busy constantly. Sometimes you had to walk away just to have a lunch hour. Management was great, always looked after the employees. My co-workers were also great to work with. We all worked together to meet our monthly branch goals.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Late lunches sometimes.
Productive and benefical company
Auto Collector (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for BBT and the job detail. I learned a lot in reference to auto collection and FDCPA. I expanded my customer service skills and experience. BBT was a very profitable company, they take care of employees, and the company is overall very professional. The hardest part if the job, bringing other's "queue" down without building a relationship with their customer based file. I enjoyed every other aspect of the company. There was always some type of competition making the workplace a fun environment.
lazy work ethics not a team environment
Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  Media, PASeptember 1, 2016
i left my job at home depot and had to go through various surgeries and the company discarded me. i thought the company cared more about about my well being but apparently i was just another number.
n/a
Commercial Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2016
Great company culture, typical work day is sitting in front of a computer screen for eight hours. Work can be monotonous and not challenging enough at times.
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 29, 2016
Awesome place to work. I would highly recommend working for the company. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Competitive pay and great perks.
Wonderful company to work for!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLAugust 28, 2016
It has been an absolute blessing to work for this company, the only reason I'm looking for something new is that I'm driving 600 miles a week & there are no positions open in my area. BB&T has great training, wonderful managers, incredible AOO's, & amazing employees. Everyone I've worked with there is an absolute joy. The company goes above & beyond to take care of their employees. Most of the people I've worked with have been with the company for 10+ years, & plan on staying until they retire.
great for bankers
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2016
they really care about their employees. goals are not hard. lots of time off and great benefits. I left because I was simply tired of being a banker.
Nice Place to work If you enjoy call centers
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 27, 2016
BB&T call center is a great place to work if you enjoy assisting clients over the phone. The work day mostly consist of speaking with bb&t clients about their checking and savings accounts.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
No time off, No flexibility, low paying job.