BB&T

BB&T Employee Reviews

Branch Manager
Leadership development associate (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCMay 22, 2015
•Demonstrated high level of Management skills by effectively supervising daily sales, operations, and personnel within the branch, to ensure branch efficiency and productivity.
•Transform complex issues into positive customer experiences by demonstrating empathy and problem solving skills; use critical information to train the team to prevent future issues and pertinent address escalated customer complaints.
•\Promote management’s vision for all of branch, including coaching tellers, profitability, professionalism and work ethics at all times
Really good company to work for
District BB&T@WORK Sales Officer I (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: values driven
Cons: small company
good benefits and great values, definitely really good benefits. they are very relationship driven and are very new to the market in texas
Overworked
Certified Senior Teller (Current Employee), Sterling, VAMay 21, 2015
Hectic and understaffed
Sometimes there is downtime to get caught up on endless amounts of printing useless reports that no ever looks at.
Management does not seem to care about the needs of it's employees or their opinions.
Co-workers are great!
Hardest part of the job is scheduling
The most enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday and 10 days of vacation (which is a nightmare to schedule)
Supervisor
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMay 21, 2015
Certified Escalations and Post Close Audit Banker Coach II: Responsible for sustaining and improving performance
by proactively identifying emerging trends and creating action plans to improve performance. Planning
and implementing risk, operational and compliance related programs or projects that support regulatory
and operational strategy of a centralized retail mortgage site. Such activities include coaching to audit
policies and procedures, customer experience, compliance, risk management and performance
monitoring and tracking. Completes analyses, measures program effectiveness and recommends
activities and program strategies. Facilitate management team through action planning processes to
improve performance and ensure that agreed-to action plans are achieved on-time and with desired
results. Thorough understanding of complex relationships of risk, customers and competitors.
Collaborates with internal partners to maximize operational soundness with emphasis on compliance and
risk management in support of strategic initiatives while managing service quality to ensure ongoing
customer satisfaction. Attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care
and who work together as partners across business units and functions. Value and promote diversity and
inclusion in every aspect of business and at every level of our organization. In depth knowledge of lending
regulations, risks, compliance and controls. Understand trends and present results to mid-senior level
leaders. Experience building and influencing strategic partnerships. Demonstrated Mentoring and/or
coaching experience. Demonstrated ability to manage and work within a matrixed environment and
overcome obstacles. Influence site management with data to implement change and action plans to show
improvement.Strong communication and facilitation/training skills. Exceptional Relationship building skills.
Good
Business Deposit Specialist, Banking Officer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: worked a lot on weekends
Great company. They really invested in their clients. I would review bank statements from other bank and run the numbers through the profitability model trying to save the potential client money on their service fees but also making in profitable for BB&T. I also looked for sales opportunities for the relationship managers.
Learning Experience
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 18, 2015
I learned a lot of my banking skills from BB&T. They made sure you were trained adequately but they did not compensate their employees relative to the job market or local competition.
Client Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2015
Amazing benefits with good compensation. Managers care about employees well being. Good life work / balance home life.
Great Company
Correspondent Lending Specialist (Former Employee), Wilson, NCMay 14, 2015
Friendly people always willing to help. Independent work environment. Depending on the dept. your days can be fast paste. overall great company to work for!
PRODUCTIVE AND CARING WORKPLACE
Fulfillment Specialist II (AUTO) (Former Employee), WILSON,NCMay 12, 2015
I loved the companies community involvement, THE BALANCE BETWEEN WORK AND HOME AND THE ONLINE PROCEDURES AVAILABLE FOR JOB ASSITANCE
fun place to work
branch banker III (Current Employee), Roanoke , vaMay 11, 2015
provides excellent training, great co workers.
great customer service. quick responses .good management .
provides ways to advance. great benefits . pension and 401k options.
Great work life balance, very good community outreach
Branch banker III (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 11, 2015
Great company to work with. You need to be able to multi task extremely well. The banker role changed to include teller work as well as loan processing. The training was great and the work environment was friendly and felt like a family.
Fun Environment
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 8, 2015
A typical day was spent providing customer service. Cashing checks, taking loan payments, etc. It was at times hectic, but always enjoyable.
Productive and fast paced learning environment
Business Service Assistant II (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great benefit package
Cons: lay off
I worked with a wonderful group of people at BB&T. The management and my coworkers were all willing and eager to learn. We all had to learn the policy and procedures of a new company together. I've learned how to work on various computer software programs during my time with BB&T/Colonial Bank.
Productive and very team oriented environment
Currency Processing Facility-Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Charleston WVMay 7, 2015
Pros: Able to leave when work was completed.
Cons: Late days depending on work delivery.
Very busy days but we worked as a team, helping each other when needed. Co-workers were awesome. We were able to leave when work was completed.
Not the best
Branch Banker III (Former Employee), Lewisville,TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Terrible work/life balance
Love the philosophy of the company. However, everyone depends on you. If you call in, the whole branch suffers. If two people are sick, you wouldn't even be able to open the branch. Not enough vacation time offered. The pay is great, but my family is more important
Family Oriented Company
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Hiram, GAMay 5, 2015
Great company to work for with a great balance between work/family. Great benefits including healthcare and vacations. Management needs improvement. Very hard to advance within company.
Must be very careful with handling money
Teller (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 4, 2015
Pros: Fun seeing so much money, geat benefits
Cons: not your money
The staff was very easy to work with. My biggest thrill was balancing out my drawer each day without any problems. Most customers were nice but there were always a few who made it feel like it was your fault that their accounts were overdrawn,. but with some patience we always worked out the solution to their problems..
Okay
Branch Banker IV (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2015
This company is a very numbers driven company. Sales is the number one focus. Understaffed most all the time. Unable to provide the perfect client experience to clients due to being understaffed.
Generally productive and encouraging work environment
Branch Banker Team Leader I (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 4, 2015
I appreciate the benefits that BB&T offers, and the incentive program is pretty fair.
I was lucky to have a great Market Leader who taught me a lot about her position, and has been grooming me to move up in the company.
okay workplace
l Bilingual Teller/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 4, 2015
okay jobs with good reviews. part time had bad schedule because you are expected to work whenever and given if you ask for an afternoon off for doctor appointments.

1 2 3 4 5

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more

BB&T Salaries