BB&T

BB&T Employee Reviews

Great Job
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Charleston,WVJune 30, 2015
Client service, cash balancing, branch cash management, ATM balancing, supply ordering, staffing, performance reviews
Productive Place to Work
Banker (Current Employee), NCJune 29, 2015
Values driven company that provides employees with the knowledge and skills needed to perform their jobs at the best of their ability
BB&T
senior teller (Former Employee), lynchburg, vaJune 28, 2015
my typical day at BB&T was to assist clients with their transaction.
I was a banker for 14 of the years that I was there. I opened accounts and services the accounts for customer I was there contact person for everything that they needed.
A company that is dedicated to the economic success and financial security of their clients.
Market Leader III, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), AlabamaJune 26, 2015
Pros: Values driven company
Cons: Staffing Limitations
Striving to assist each client reach their dreams and full financial potential by providing a consultative financial review and plan for their future.
Productive Place to work
Foreclosure Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 26, 2015
BB&T is an amazing place to work. Management team is great and they really understand work/life balance. Advancement is hopeful with this company. Salary and compensation is amongst the best of all the companies I have ever worked for.
Beautiful Building In Downtown Greenville
Mortgage Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 23, 2015
Hardest part of the job sometimes can be answering questions about escrow on homeowners payments. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help clients when other representative may not have been able to
Productive and Fun workplace
Adjustment specialist (Former Employee), Wilson, NCJune 22, 2015
It was a very fun and productive workplace. I just did not feel they understood that as a parent sometimes things come up that you can not control and you have to take care of those things. I always felt like I had to choose between my job and family.
Goal oriented and client focused
(LMS) Administrator (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 20, 2015
Overall the BB&T University is a good working environment. Peers and associates are exceptional at what they do and bring knowledge and willingness to help other team members meet their goals and needs as well as their own.
Very fun workplace and great co-workers.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 17, 2015
Pros: Lots of pot lucks.
Cons: New management.
A typical day at work would consist of taking about 100 calls and close to the end of my shift, I worked in the mail room. The most enjoyable part of the was speaking with the customers and resolving issues.
Many opportunites provided.
VP - Commercial Policy Officer (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 16, 2015
Over the past 33 years I have been blessed with many opportunities throughout my career. For the first 17 years I held various branch positions from a teller to manager. My extensive branch experience led me to the opportunity to work on a sales management project to integrate the banks and its subsidiaries systems for tracking sales and referral opportunities. This included working side by side with the developers, perspective users, testing, developing training and training materials as well as conducting the train the trainer classes. In addition to continuing to teach the sales management course I taught Microsoft courses, and soft skill sales training. After 7 years a position was created for me to assist the Regional Executive Managers on how to analyze the regions data coming from the sales management system to determine coaching opportunities to which I would customize training needs either by WebEx or classroom training. Since then I have had the opportunity to work on three additional projects. Additional opportunities have provided me to attend Banking School and my current position as a Commercial Policy Offer.
productive but no growth opportunities
Processor/Data Entry/ Systems operator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2015
Cons: no growth opportunities, need new machines
Its a production environment some days can be very fast pace other days can be a little slower.

I have learned a lot about the sensitivity of medical accounts, how to determine invoice numbers and how to work smart in a fast pace environment.

management is good just not much growth opportunities within the company.

hardest part is trying to get everything done when the machines do not work on a regular basis in our department.
Good company, but lacking in growth and advancement
Insurance Services Remarketing/Service (Current Employee), Greensboro NCJune 11, 2015
Good strong ethical company, but lacks significant advancement opportunities. Good non-financial benefits ,but lacking in financial compensation and minimal raises. Overall a good place to work, but lacking in growth and advancement.
All Work?
Collections Representative II (Current Employee), Lumberton, NCJune 11, 2015
I work in a call center setting, so the hours are anything but traditional. The company does allow 8 paid time off for Educaitonal Involvement, 4 hours Community Involvement and 80 hours paid vacation time for full time employess. The scheduled work hours dobn't leave much time for the family.
First job out of school and I was loyal until BB&T purchased us!
Branch Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaJune 9, 2015
Pros: Focused on customer service and budgets achieveable until BB&T pushed sales
Cons: BB&T bought us, limited promotional opportunities, Good old boys club
Managed team and business development.
Learned that the folks that were promoted did not have better sales results or the team did not like them more it seemed based on how they looked and/or if they could play golf.
While other left for other banks and then came back with higher salaries and positions I learned that they did not value loyality and rewarded based on likes not skills or past results.
n/a
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 8, 2015
Great environment to work, awesome team atmosphere. Typical work day is very slow pace. The call volume is low.BB&T has great leadership .
Positive environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 5, 2015
I love the work environment at BB&T. It was a positive work environment. A typical day at work as a QA person, I have written Test Plans, Test Cases, attended walkthrough meetings with the Business Analysts, Project Managers, Business Managers and QA Leads.
Great professional environment to grow
Appraisal Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJune 1, 2015
A typical day is spent maintaining over 150 different residential appraisal orders. This entails making any corrections needed and primarily being the liaison between loan officers and appraisers so that appraiser independence is achieved. The management is very easy going and are there to help you grow as a professional. They will be very honest with you about ways you can improve so you must learn to not take it personally and use it to grow.
Great company overall
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 1, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
Cons: does not understand family needs, wants you there regardless
Always busy with walkin needs and your clients. Very high demand of quotas to meet each quarter. I learned a lot working at this company. Definately reccomend them to anyone compared to mom and pop companies. Co-workers depend on location, some are stuck up. I loved being able to devlope a relationship with my clients.
Great Place to work
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Alexandria VAMay 30, 2015
This is a great bank to work for. Everyone is very nice and supportive and they encourage career growth and for you to move around to other departments in efforts to retain people and give them opportunities to grow.
Productive and Fun place to work
Remittiance Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 30, 2015
I review this Company 5 stars. management is on point. Most of my coworkers were team players. Vacation Days and they also give additional days and Birthday Day off. Beautiful Company

1 2 3 4 5

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more

BB&T Salaries