BB&T

BB&T Employee Reviews

A great company!
Senior Project Manager -Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 28, 2015
Work life balance is great! Management is customer focused.It is hard to move up if you are not a graduate of the LDP program within the company.
Great culture, little advancement
Branch Banker (Current Employee), San Antonio TXJuly 28, 2015
Cons: short lunches, little advancement opportunities
Good company, great for networking and meeting business people, the branches do not have a lot of foot traffic but the bank focuses more on the lending piece of the small business owner.
Good place to work and room for advancing your career
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee), VirginiaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with directly, opportunity to grow
Cons: The pay isn't great and your expected to do more with less
A typical day at work involves visiting with realtor's, attorney's, accountant's, BB&T branches and prospective clients. I've learned a lot about finance with a focus in mortgage's. I continue to learn new things about my job everyday. My manager that I report to is great as well as my co-workers. The toughest part of my job is getting realtor business consistently. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping clients buy a new home and experiencing that process with them.
I loved the interaction with clients.
Teller (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed meeting people and helping in any way I could.
Cons: Too busy to take a break or lunch at times. Not enough help.
I enjoyed meeting new people every day and helping clients with problems they might have. I loved the people I worked with and have maintained a relationship with them still today.
A learning Experience
TELLER SUPERVISOR II (Current Employee), Alexandria VAJuly 25, 2015
I've learned a lot working with the company. I've excelled in my position with the help of great training within the company.
Awesome place to work!
Vault Teller (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: great people, good work environment, awesome customers, fun job in general
Cons: making it a little difficult for me to transfer):
Typical day at work included helping customers, paperwork, and keeping all my currency in order. Management was beyond awesome. Even had monthly outings for all the coworkers to go out and bond!
Senior Bank Teller
Senior Bank Teller (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 21, 2015
Pros: friendly customers and co-workers, safe environment
Cons: short breaks
Greeted customers and provided timely completion of client transactions, e.g., personal and commercial deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments introduced BB&T financial products and services to customers. Performed complex transactions, e.g., issuance of official checks, cash advances, close out transactions, etc. Handled cash limits of $100,000 documented withdrawals and deposits over $10,000 cash on Currency Transaction Report (CTR) forms prepared individual daily balance of teller cash transactions as well as other reports. Audited cash drawer and automatic teller machines (ATMs) on a daily basis updated and filed ATM documents serviced malfunctioning ATM kiosks. Opened vaults and signed out documents, e.g., money orders and checks; processed night drop transactions. Secured the branch premises before other employees entered the bank; attended quarterly security meetings with branch personnel and bank managers; completed monthly security and policy computer based training tests. Complied with all operating procedures as outlined in the Branch Operations Manual; handled proportionate volume of work based on branch demands. Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent customer service and provided team support.
it sucks!!!!!
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: discount rates
Cons: sales, sales, sales
BBandT sucks! They only care about the customers and the bottom line. They dont care about the employees at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Place to Work
SAP GRC Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Great Company that cares for employees
Cons: Not seen any yet
BB&T Is a good place to work with.They started ating up with the latest technology out there. I'm one of the few who got a chnace to work on their SAP Implementation. Great place great people.
Advancement
Operations (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2015
If you are from a certain ethnic diverse culture advancement is very difficult to achieve. Job Work/Life Balance is not embraced by management across the board.
Great Place
Licensed Customer Service Insurance Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 17, 2015
Good Place to Work. Great Hours and paid holidays. Work well with family schedule and pleanty of vacation time. Very diverse atmosphere
Extremely Understaffed
Employee (Former Employee), Branch LevelJuly 13, 2015
Company states employees are important and yearly surveys are completed etc. Staffing levels are extremely poor and is a very high stress environment. Compensation levels are poor given the strain/stress/importance of the job.
Secure company with good balance for job and family
Fraud (Current Employee), CharlotteJuly 13, 2015
Pros: fortunate to have a job
Cons: No career growth within the bank
BB&T is a secure business to work for.
The bank is a little behind on technology compared to other fraud prevention banking systems.
Management is not open to listening to employees concerning new ideas for better business.
The hardest part of my job is knowing that there's no career growth with the company.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that love what I do. I enjoy investigating fraud and finding a resolution.
I like what I do as mortgage loan officer
Mortgage Consultant, Loan Officer (Former Employee), Southlake, TexasJuly 10, 2015
Pros: I have 23 years in the mortgage business
Cons: I enjoy my weekends with me wife
I enjoy working in the bank branch and making the relationship with bank clients and having other bank branches send me their referrals.

Helping people reach financial security with the mortgage is a good thing.
Great flexibility in my department
E-Mail/Online/Chat Support, BB&T (Former Employee), Wilson, NCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: My manager was excellent at ensuring her team was well trained.
Cons: No cafeteria lol
Great flexibility. Must be open to change. Fast paced work. Supervisor was an advocate of the advancement of her employees. The office was friendly overall.
A place that feels like home
Teller/ ATM Teller (Former Employee), S Charleston, WVJuly 6, 2015
Working here never got boring. I was given so many extra duties and got the chance to learn so much about the banking industry. I love the feel of being on a teller line. It feels like you are a part of something safe and secure along with helping the public with their financial needs.
Decent management would make it tolerable to work here.
Account Adjuster (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: birthday off
There is no leadership here. The lack of leadership gives the employee nowhere to turn. Co-workers are constantly told what is wrong and what they are doing wrong but they don't offer any ways to fix the problems or what can be done better. They don't lead by example. They don't offer constructive criticism. I've seen management humiliate and belittle my co-workers and even my team lead out in the open. I've heard inappropriate comments. Corporate human resources have been to our office several times but nothing is resolved. It's very sad. There is no team work, no comradery, everybody is pretty much just out for themselves. There is no consistency on how the management handles the team or even the customers. Bad management has ruined a great team.
To be completely fair BB&T is a great company to work for...as long as it's not an affiliate or this particular office.
E for Effort
Contract Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Remote work environment
Cons: Work/Life Balance and continuous layoffs
Great at hiring talent, not so great at keeping talent. Management in some areas is scattered and systems are antiquated. Continuous layoffs and lack of advancement create a tense environment between the business units. Process that involves too much manual input has added a multitude of roadblocks. Work/life balance an issue Remote work opportunity is the most enjoyable part of the job next to working with some great co-workers.
Poor judgement
MARKET LEADER (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Communication
This is a Company that makes you work without respecting your time and your effort. Athough the CEO has a very positive view of the Bank, it is not how upper management responde.
Great Job
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Charleston,WVJune 30, 2015
Client service, cash balancing, branch cash management, ATM balancing, supply ordering, staffing, performance reviews

1 2 3 4 5

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more

BB&T Salaries