BB&T

BB&T Employer Reviews

Enjoy working for BB&T enjoy helping clients
Return Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: feeling like i made a defferent in someone day.
Cons: having young children working long hours.
Provided superior quality service by telephone, insuring client needs were positively met on a consistent basis and corporate policies, procedures and audit guidelines were consistently followed.
Alease M Braxton
Teller (Current Employee), Lynchbur VaJuly 17, 2014
Fast paced environment, hardest part is being able to perform all task in the time allowed, I love the customer contact, meeting new customers daily and helping them to set and reach financial goals. Co-workers work as a team each day, fun to work with, management is supportive.
overall a good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Whiteville, NCJuly 16, 2014
Build lasting relationships with coworkers as well as clients. Also has great benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping and educating client out. The hardest part of the job is not enough weekends off.
Eh.
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Point Pleasant, WVJuly 16, 2014
There are upsides and downsides to this company. They benefits and pay are outstanding, but the ability to improve in your career is awful.
BBT
Market Leader (Current Employee), Panama City, FLJuly 15, 2014
BBT Corp promoted me from Metro Branch Manager to Financial Center Leader to Market Leader in a span of 4 years.
Not the same bank I used to work for 2 years ago
Market Leader (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 15, 2014
Major downsizing and sending cuts are not in the clients best interest.
Nice place to work
Teller (Current Employee), Wise, VAJuly 13, 2014
Nice to place to work. Very reasonable hours, and benefits. Very fast paced atmosphere but yet very business oriented.
Good customer service learning experience
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), Whiteville, NCJuly 10, 2014
Very educational environment and great benefits. a great atmosphere to grow in for a career start.
Great stable company to work for
IT Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee), Winston SalemJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
Great company with great people. Pay is on the low side. Best benefits ever. Great work life balance.
Fast pace environment and always keeping busy
Data Image Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: health benefits, 401k
This is a long period of sitting down, operating 2 computer screens, 10 key by sight with my speed of over 19,000 KSPH.
What I have learned from being a part of the BB&T is team work. If one individual is missing, its extra work for the rest of the employees and not only that, time management and deadlines are somewhat not completed on time.
The hardest – more... part of my job that I would say overall within my 10 years being employed at BB&T would be, remembering taking my breaks. Usually when I have work on the screens, I keep on working without noticing most of my employees are taking their breaks while I have not and missed mine.
The most enjoyable part about working with BB&T is that, when you get an opportunity to learn about other programs and helping out other departments and gaining information and more skills. – less
Customer Service Atmosphere
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: established customers expecting you to know then
I was a teller at the bank. The typical day consisted of customer service, handling customer deposit and cashing checks and any other needs.

The co-workers were nice to work with.

The hardest part was the customers expecting you to know them and not having to follow the rules of cashing checks, etc.
Favorite Job
Teller Supervisor/ Senior Teller (Former Employee), VAJuly 1, 2014
Worked hard but had the best opportunity for advancement. Everyone from Tellers to Regional Officers called each other by 1st names and seemed like we all cared about one another and the success of the bank.
Stepping on Others to get your way to the Top!
Certified Bank Teller (Former Employee), East TennesseeJune 29, 2014
This would be a great company to work for if they kept better tabs on their Branch Managers and their ability to function with their staff.
Good Work Environment
Certified Teller (Current Employee), Lanham, MDJune 27, 2014
Great place to work. Multicultural environment and wonderful clients and coworkers.
Used to be Great
Business Loan Recovery Manager, SVP (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 27, 2014
Changes in management have taken something that was good and made it difficult and un-enjoyable.
Not the best job by far
Migration Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: everything else
The office culture in treasury management was like crabs in a barrel. Not much room for advancement. Those who were advanced were not advanced based on their work but instead how good they got along with managers. Offered remote work but made it very difficult to ever use that option. There was little to zero diversity in the dept. Would NEVER go back – more... to that dept. I did like my co workers. We all were miserable. – less
Good place to work with good benefits.
ML Correspondent Lending Underwriter (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJune 25, 2014
BB&T is a good place to work. They have good benefits. I was there 18 years. The reason I left is because I was part of the most recent RIF.
Great Environment
Part-Time Teller (Current Employee), Ashland, VAJune 25, 2014
Enjoy going to work, amazing management. Coworkers are friendly.
Compensation & Advancement
Senior Bank Teller (Current Employee), Tucker, GAJune 24, 2014
I've gained Advancement & salary increase in less than a year.
Fun place to work
BANK TELLER (Current Employee), Gate CityJune 24, 2014
Easy going pace, nice and friendly management. The co-workers are very helpful. The hardest thing is learning on the guidelines and laws to follow.

1 2 3 4 5

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more