BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 1,119 reviews matching the search
Friendly and helpful co workers
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAFebruary 24, 2017
lots of training help to keep you informed with changing laws and regulations, company focused on numbers not people
managements hands were tied on scheduling
balanced chaos
Branch Banker IV (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2017
BB&T was a great place to learn and grow. That is part of their core values for employees and although I found it a stressful place some days, it was a wonderful company.
Pros
high volume client traffic, business walked in
Cons
staffing issues and turnover which caused burden on others
Great Place to work.
Legal Representative (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCFebruary 22, 2017
Work life balance your career depends on you the more you put in the more you get out. good Job Work/Life Balance
ok Compensation/Benefits
goodJob Security/Advancement
ok Management
good Job Culture.
Good Pay
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Nice center and the pay was good. Hired in as a manager. Left company due to the fact that I could only move up if I moved to NC. Manager of the Center is fair and easy to work with.
Pros
Nice center and good pay
Cons
Disorganized
Solid company with great ethics and values
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Very good company with great benefits as compared to the banking industry as a whole. Ample opportunity for advancement. BB&T stresses training and continuing educational opportunities.
Values drivin
Branch Bank III (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 16, 2017
Pros - Full time and Great benefits. I love the support we get from the main office! Local management are stuck in a pre- conversion mentality from the old Colonial life...BB&T is making all tellers Universal meaning that they can open accounts do account maintenance so they're not just sitting behind the teller line all day with a smile on their face. Strong client relationships.
Cons - just did away with all sales incentive payouts except for the Market Leaders who get a high percentage of sales from everyone in the branch. We need more staffing. Area Operation Officers and Market Leaders are over worked to the point where they are spread thin and not able to guide and consult their team. Hi turnover and low pay for the work that is needing to be done. I love my clients and it discourages me to see them having to wait!
I know people who work off the clock and don't get paid for it because of their passion to help clients.
Limited career advancement
Vacation needs to increase after 3 years of service
Pros
M - f, great health ins, great clients
Cons
Low pay, no breaks, no insentive payout, understaffed
BB&T was a totally different environment.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Working for BB&T has taught so much. My coworkers was not really close. I was really use to Fort Sill national Bank, because we were close like a family; however, we still worked hard.
Excellent Company
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 13, 2017
BB&T is a great company to work for. They promote high standards and core values. The executive leadership sets a great example for the company, and they value family.
Great place to start IT career
Network Control Helpdesk Support specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 13, 2017
Started with BB&T as a temp through Adecco, applied for full time position in call center helpdesk environment. Learned a lot of skills with various applications.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Quiet, stable and modest.
Commercial Lines (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 13, 2017
Excellent benefits. Job training and continuing education are supported and encouraged. Not much room to advance though once you reach a certain point in your position. Company does a great job with transfers to other offices and relocations.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Aging workforce
Excellent environment
Zero-hour Teller (Former Employee) –  Byron, GAFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day at BB&T was very productive yet very educational.
I learned how to make deposits, make change for clients and learned how to use PC teller and client central.
The hardest part of the job was balancing the safe for the very first time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the different clients
A Job
Phone24 Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Typical day work day would be assisting clients with account inquiries such as balance request , assisting with transfers from internal accounts and assisting with transaction research.
Cons
Pay is not competive, no room for advancement poor work life balance
rsa
Retail Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 8, 2017
 Supported one or more retail lenders to maximize loan production through the performance of loan related tasks and by assuming responsibility for key components of the Retail Loan Process
 Processed and prepared loan documentations through Bank Pro including tasks such as ordering titles and deeds of trust, obtaining tax values, calling for pay offs, ordering appraisals, preparing modification and subordination agreements, verifying property insurance information
good environment
Business Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 7, 2017
Morning started out with morning meeting on Monday's. I meet with my loan officer to see what loan he has going on or coming up. I checked emails, process loan application, send application for imaging. I'm usually in my cubicle working on paperwork. I corresponded with lawyers when loan are about to close.
Pros
pay
Not the job for me
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAFebruary 6, 2017
Just was not the job for me. The teller supervisor didn't care if you had a small child or any thing in that nature. The branch Manger had their favorites. Not a nice work place.
Cons
Short break. Long hours and no respect for families.
Great Place
Floater Teller (Current Employee) –  LouiFebruary 2, 2017
Love Working Here, great bosses, great hours, love floating around meeting knew people, not tied down to the same branch everyday. Premium pay and gas mileage reimbursement.
Great company
Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2017
A little behind its time, it could use some 21st century technology. Over all it is a good company to work for. I've been there for 3 years, I loved my team as well as my clients
Good Culture but Limited Advancement Opportunities
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 1, 2017
BB&T has a good culture and values it's employees, clients, and the communities they serve. They offer good benefits and a fair salary. Downside is that there is very little room for advancement unless you are in the sales side of the organization.
Pros
Good Values and Benfits
Cons
No Room for Advancement
Always understaffed
Financial Crime Detection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28273February 1, 2017
The job itself was rather straightforward, once you got the hang of it, however, I had a lot of negative experiences working for this company.
The company itself is very good. The pay is good, and the benefits are phenomenal, which alone is a great reason to stay working for them, however, it could be very challenging trying to handle everything else.
We were always short several people, and more people were being let go than being hired on, so for those who were there working, we had to handle the same call volume with MUCH less people.
Training involved one day of meeting with the manager and going over things, then three-four days of shadowing another employee, and then taking calls. Started with only making outbound calls, then working to take inbound calls.
Little to no training, often had to ask others what to do when presented with certain situations.
Training program was being changed while I was there, due to the addition of someone from another location.. however, we definitely did not get enough.
Pros
Great benefits, good company
Cons
Short-staffed, too much workload, no appreciation
Always demanding more of employees.
Branch Banker IV (Former Employee) –  Stephens City, VAJanuary 30, 2017
Typical day is sales and service of retail and business clients. Workplace culture is value the client and build solid relationships. The hardest part of the job is that you are always demanded to reach and accomplish more without the pay to back it up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.