BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 1,056 reviews matching the search
Revenue Side of the House Rules
Senior Financial Analyst II, Credit Operations (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 5, 2016
BB&T is a conservative work place. The revenue side of the house is respected most and compensated as such. Any support function, such as Accounting & Financial Reporting, is at many times overworked and not compensated and/or incentivized accordingly.
Poor Management and job advancement.
Relationship Banker / Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 4, 2016
Rude and very unprofessional management. Once you are set in your position there is very little to no chance that you will advance anywhere in the company. Extremely high on micro management and very little respect as a professional.
Quailty Review Operations
Mortgage Lending Operations Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 2, 2016
Standard quality review operations of cash operations. Application and management of mortgage lending portfolio. Good job overall.
Productive speed working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 1, 2016
My workday is very steady, averaging between 250-300 phone calls a day, 400 plus on a day with high call volume. I have learned the skill of patience, each call will be different and challenging in its own way. I enjoy constantly challenging myself to find resolution and ease the client experience.
Production based employment
Collection Representative I (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCNovember 30, 2016
a typical work day for me consist of calling past due accounts and negotiating payment arrangement or offering eligible options to assist with their hardship. I have learned how to be empathetic, responsive, federal and banking guideline and policies. management provides coaching and encouragement. My co-workers are always pleasant and greet me with a smile. The hardest part of my job is collecting on accounts where the client has recently loss a loved one. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help clients through their hardship to where they are able to maintain monthly payments.
Pros
competitive salary and incentive, pension, 401k plan.
Cons
production based
SA Collectionis Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCNovember 27, 2016
I enjoy working for this company, They offer great benefits and the location is in town so lunch options are plentiful. This is the best thing going in here.
Benefits
Cons
Working nights and weekends
understaffed
Branch Banker I (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 26, 2016
understaffed with the promise that will not receive more employees to help with workload, training is lacking, new policy is to cross train and minimize staffing. Enjoy clients. Benefits are nice - vacation, sick days, etc. I learned how to replenish and service ATM and vault shipments.
Analyst / CMOD ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCNovember 21, 2016
Good Management ,project focus get the job done timely
Standard 9 to 5 , lunch , co-worker normal office interaction
Hardest part of the job none relative to your skill set and your reaction to events, the most enjoyable part of the job independence.
Pros
You drive the projects
Stressful
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDNovember 17, 2016
Company policie ultimately create a bad relationship between tellers and clients which cause difficulty in up sales. Most employees were older and didn't want to work but got the most hours due to sonority.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Company policy create bad relationship w/ tellers & clients
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Branch Banker Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 17, 2016
BB&T invests in their associates to ensure you have the proper training before assisting a client. There is always something new to learn and new ways to challenge your knowledge.
Good
Customer service (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 16, 2016
Enjoyed working for BB&T. I had no experience in the Lockbox area but BB&T took a chance and gave me the opportunity to learn something new
Very productive and postive work area
Mortgage Lending Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCNovember 14, 2016
BB&T is a great place to work and has great benefits. I loved my job. It is just a great company to work for they do anything they can to help you.
Pros
Great company
Cons
no cons
Great place to work however I resigned due to the location.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCNovember 14, 2016
Typical day at work was busy. You are on a production basis and work in a team atmosphere. My co-workers were awesome and they offered a lot of assistance if any questions were to emerge.The hardest part of the job was the production basis. The most enjoyable past of the job was assisting the customers with their mortgages by helping them bring their account current.
Customer Service Representative II Online Support (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCNovember 13, 2016
I'm only using 3/4 of my knowledge and no allowed to assist clients like they need to be. I've been here for 5 years and it is now time look for a full time job that is in my field.
Pros
Free banking
Cons
no growth
Great People
Head Teller-Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 10, 2016
Working with clients from the teller side to the platform side. Meat with customer needs from a typical teller transactions to client loan requests.
Bbt
Teller/Teller Supervisor/ Teller Banker (Former Employee) –  Red Springs, NC 28377November 9, 2016
BBT is a great company to work for. There Benefits cant be beat. It is very hard to balance your work life and job life with this job. BBT is very sales driven.
Mega Conglomerate with impersonal management style
Broker Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2016
Working for a BB&T subsidiary had it's benefits and challenges. One challenge was being managed by a bank when we ourselves were not in the banking field. Some guidelines felt arbitrary.
Pros
generous pto
Cons
each employee was a number
Don't care about employees
Relationship Banker / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2016
All they care about is money, not about the employees. A lot of employees lost their jobs because they were not able to bring in a certain amount of money and accounts
Overall Good Company to work for
Institutional Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NC 27893November 8, 2016
This company is good to work for, but the management that I had especially my supervisor within the group that I worked for micromanaged. Other than that the work showed a daily challenge and helped to keep the day to go by faster.
A decent company if you aren't looking to advance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCNovember 7, 2016
Good pay, great benefits, and overall decent work environment. Some management can be an issue, but nothing major. Sometimes the calls with angry clients can get stressful, and you're stuck at a desk the entire shift, if you can remain calm in demeanor it's not too bad. Privacy is a big deal, as it should be when accessing personal information like account numbers and social security, etc. It is really hard to advance in the company, at least to get out of the call center. Once they train to take all of the different types of calls, they don't really want to let you go to a branch and lose the help. Which would be fine, if raises were given in accordance to workload, but they are not.
Benefits
Cons
No raises for extra workload and skill set, no promotions