BB&T

BB&T Employer Reviews

Company values sales efforts
Branch Banker Team Leader II (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 29, 2014
Company likes to reward performers with incentive bonuses, and congratulatory dinners and luncheons.
Great organization, wonderful financial company
Contract Test Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 26, 2014
Work with latest software technology, great teams, lots of support, flexibility, great work-life balance
Decent
Certified Teller Supervisor II (Current Employee), Greater WashingtonSeptember 25, 2014
Great benefits, hit hard by changes in economy. Cuts in staffing lead to doing way more with way less. Management is fair and job security is there. Advancement is rare, though. People stay in positions for years and years which means no one else gets a shot at them.
Commercial Real Estate Lending
Vice President, Sales and Servicing Officer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 24, 2014
Managed and developed a $55MM CRE Loan Portfolio working with local, regional and national homebuilders and developers.
Flexible Company
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: micromanagement
I assisted clients with new and existing financial needs. They worked around my school schedule, but did not have a good method to keep me updated on policy changes.
Great company
Market Leader III (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, benefits, pay
Great Bank to work for. After working with WF for 7 years BB&T was a welcomed change. Love my job and manager.
Seems Nice to Start.....
Certified Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), GASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: gave impression it was the best company
Cons: stretching branches way to thin, expecting far too much from management to fulfil their job responsibilities
I started as a Teller with this company and thought it was the best company out there....that was until I moved up to management and they started rearranging all the regions and branches and positions. Instead of that they should have been concentrating on advancing their technical abilities to keep up with their competition. My latest position was – more... as a Teller Supervisor within a branch that was the busiest in my region......unfortunately they made the branches so short staffed that it was physically impossible to complete your job to the best of your ability because you were too busy wearing too many hats. – less
company does not value their employees!
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Knoxville, TnSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: horrible power structure! big bosses need to pay attention to the smaller regions
I was employed with BB&T for 7 years and got fired over something completely petty,I wouldn't work in the East Tn region for all the money on the world! Completely corrupt! No loyalty to employees even though that is supposed to be the #2 priority of the company at large.
A long time established bank
Sr. Teller (Former Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: long time established bank
Cons: technical advancements to keep up with the big banks is letting customer service fall
A long time established bank with good products. With the job market and reorganization of the bank, there is not much in the means of advancement or job security. Their mission is good but in the means of advancement of their technical areas to keep up with the big banks. The customer friendly and fast service is being put to the side.
A great place to work
Business Service Assistant II (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible with outside appointments and work hours
Branch Banking & Trust was a enjoyable job. There was good training and great support from multiple departments. Everyone worked together no matter the office locations to provide great customer relations. Management always available and co-workers assisted each other.
summary
VP (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great healthcare coverage
misfit culture wise

mgt unaware of how to develop business/ add value

solid co-workers
Excellent financial institution with high integrity and corporate values.
Senior Vice President/Regional Loan Administrator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 15, 2014
Maintained a 22-year career with BB&T with high productivity and growth opportunities.
Great Company
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 15, 2014
There training program was amazing. it really prepared you for the work ahead. Times just got hard and the company had to do a reduction in force.
Good work enivorment
Mortgage Loan Processor II (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: nice office space
Cons: benefits
Enivorment was great but I feel employee development could have been better.
Job Security
Lockbox Processor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Production based work. Management and co-workers are easy to get along with (if you are a people-person). Must be mindful and productive to accomplish work-flow. Only challenging when trying to accomplish your own goals for reaching a higher throughput.
Review
Assist Customers (Former Employee), 280 bypassSeptember 8, 2014
Loved my co-workers but hard to move up. I enjoyed my co-workers but felt over worked
Could be great for some people.
Certified Teller (Former Employee), Calhoun, GASeptember 8, 2014
I loved working and interacting with others on a daily basis. I had a great time at this job, but I never felt valued by the company.
good place to work
Business Services Assistant (Current Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 5, 2014
good place to work, company is involved in the community, which I find very rewarding
Hospira
Correspondent Lending Ops Specialist (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 3, 2014
Responsible for achieving production requirements. Adhered to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance. Inspected finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications. Packed boxes once product has met all quality standards.
Productive and fast paced work enviroment
Bank Teller and Collection Representative (Current Employee), Arlington TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: two breaks and one hour lunch
I have learned a lot from this company, I have worked long hours learned a lot of customer services skills with this company.

1 2 3 4 5

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more