BB&T

BB&T Employee Reviews

Small unit of the bank that was operated with good management
Business Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 9, 2016
Investigated businesses and individuals using specialized software. Accessed federal and state court records. Learned about different industries. Flexible hours.
Great place
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2016
I learned many new things while working with this company. I was able to better myself and my life by learning new things everyday.
Team Work Nearly Nonexistant
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 8, 2016
Management likes to micromanage, but never follow through with discipline. Coworkers did not work as a team to help achieve goals for the individual branch,and only came to work for the paycheck. Enjoyed the relationships and trust that was built with clients and colleagues. Management did not seem to care about employees interested in growth or advancement.
Enjoyable atmosphere, and flexibility.
Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day started with checking a list of closed accounts and making sure everything was done correctly with no errors. If there were errors then it was my responsibility to take care of balancing them out correctly. Then BB&T had a system to work through a queue and resolve customer requests on their accounts. This included and was no limited to Encoding Errors, Posting Errors, AMT Errors, balancing check books, & closing accounts. I enjoyed the flexibility of being able to work independently as well as working with a team.
Pros
Gave me a good challenge most days, something different everyday
Cons
writing procedures for every task we did
A company with compassion and care for the well-being of their employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 29, 2016
Work days were average traditional work days. Teams worked together to reach goals and accomplish tasks for both the company and the community. Management went to great lengths to create compensation plans that included the well-being of their employees. I enjoyed working here.
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 25, 2016
I learned alot working at BB&t as it was my first job. I come to work everyday processing transactions and working with helpful team members who were willing to help when i asked for it. Everyone at work was nice and respectful, no one never had a attitude and was really patient. The management there was great. I would say the hardest part of my job was processing cashier checks, but the most enjoyable part of my job was working with friendly team members who didnt mind helping me.
Pros
Team members were helpful
Cons
Not enough training time
Great work environment and work ethics
Collection representative regional acceptance (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJanuary 24, 2016
Enjoyed the job. Management was always willing to help upon request. Learned how to have better communication and compromising skills
Cons
hours
Day at BB&T
Senior Teller 11 (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJanuary 24, 2016
I came in and followed opening procedures with the other tellers. I got my cash drawer out of vault and worked on night drop bags. When the branch opened handled cashing checks, issuing Cashiers checks and money orders. Took loan and mortgage payments. Processed personal and commercial deposits. Cross sold products and services to customers. I also on occasion work as a vault teller handling large sums of money to be shipped out. Did outbound customer service calls. AT the end of day balanced cash drawer then closed the branch and put cash drawer in vault.
Pros
Full Health Benefits
Cons
Data entry and proof reading
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Downy Street, Wilson, NCJanuary 22, 2016
I worked trough Manpower temp so our benefits are different, but we did the same work . I enjoyed working on this temporary assignment. I filled paper work. Did data entry work. proof read mortgage loan documents. pulled locks for charts. posted payments answered phones and other related duties. Nice people to work with.
Pros
Stayed busy
Cons
Temporary assignment
Customer Service
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoyed working for BB&T, it was a friendly environment and I have gained so many customer service and banking skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding solutions for every client.
Just like any other branch
Relationship Banker / Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 20, 2016
The company isn't bad to work for but many clicks and fake people. I had my own work area but was forced to do other peoples jobs of which I was not trained.
Cons
clicks
Well-Structured, Stable Company
Teller (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 20, 2016
BB&T is a great company to work for. There are so many avenues you can take and support for advancement in the company. They compensate their employees well and have wonderful benefits.
loved the team work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJanuary 19, 2016
During this job I worked as a call specialist to insure that BB&T customers were aware of special offers the bank offered for their account. I also assisted customers to the right department if I could not be of assistance.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 18, 2016
I gave the best customer service from the teller line all the way to the collections department. I made sure that my clients had answers to their questions. I went above the call of duty to help my clients with a variety of problems and was able to resolve most of them. I had clients who would wait for me in the lobby because they knew they would receive excellent service. I loved the relationships that I built with my personal and business clients. I was also responsible for a certain amount of production. I always made those goals, and I helped the other employee make her goals as well. In collections I made sure that I gave my clients every opportunity to set up a payment plan or some type of payment plan. I was always trying to reach out to my clients to help them make some type of payment arrangement so their car wasn't repoed.
Pros
Great benefits, building great relationships with clients
Cons
Difficult sometimes to reach goals, Not always having team players
Fun and flexible
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 14, 2016
Management was great. Open and easy to communicate with. Schedule was flexible. Could work from home when needed. Commute was easy.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Contract
No day is the same
IT Vendor Management Integration Lead (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJanuary 14, 2016
The environment is wonderful and team is like an extended family. A very challenging work environment made fun and a learning experience by the peers you work with.
Stressful
Teller/Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALJanuary 12, 2016
Assist clients in a timely and efficient manner. Manage teller line and back up Branch Banker and Market Leader. From working at BB&T I have learned to get everything in writing. Don't take someone's word. I've also learned how to handle clients concerns and complaints in a timely and respectful manner. Management is more about the numbers and less about the clients. I have been in customer service for many years and customer service is a big priority to me and it is not a priority at BB&T. The hardest part of the job was not getting the proper training on certain aspects of the job you were held accountable. There is a lot of self teaching. Leaving at the end of the day was my favorite part.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
Customer service, Management, short staffed, pay.
Teller
Certified Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 11, 2016
I learned how to work alongside many different types of people with different personalities and ways of preforming tasks. I truly learned how to manage my time being that our department was understaffed ever since I started. It was a real learning experience because there was no such thing as being caught up with our workload so time management was a major factor
Steer the other way.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 8, 2016
For the location I worked at Management is HORRIBLE! You have a manager that is so unprofessional and tries to be loud in the lobby like it isnt a professional place. You have your community bankers gathering in each others offices singing loud, dancing, making videos, and manager right there encouraging it! Manager ignores calls and avoid customers looking to open new loans. Community bankers also ignore phone ringing in branch. Tellers are over worked and not given enough credit!!!! You have to share a vacation calendar with other branches AND community bankers dont have to follow it because they can cancel their vacation on the day of all because its raining! Have some who call out "sick" but still show up to the work place looking perfectly fine and are NOT SICK! For this location steer the other way. Insurance is ridiculous as well. And management dont believe in days off so if your 15 or 20 hr you will show up a lot of days to work 2 or 3 hrs
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management. Insurance. Poor customer service.
Great benifits
Certified Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. I feel that my termination was wrong, but over all my time there was enjoyable. I went through a robbery, and the response and help I was offered after the incident was very helpful. I felt that the concern for me and the others was heart felt.
Pros
benifits
Cons
not much help