BB&T Employee Reviews in United States

Not bad
BRANCH BANKER (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 5, 2016
The Salary is not bad, but the incentives are terrible. But i guess overall is good. They are having a lot of staffing issues lately.
Pros
salary is ok, and no a lot of Saturdays
Cons
Bonuses aren't good
It's like working at an insane asylum
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 1, 2016
You are working on a with minimal employees--
You are basically a number when it comes down to it instead of a valued employee-- Manager has between 2-3 offices and is always pre-occupied with her phone, emails, or texting to give undivided attention to you when you are trying to meet with her. Management does not follow up you, leaving you in limbo. Tells you one thing, then it does not happen; I inquired about another position, told that I would be able to have it, the manager stated she just needed to contact HR-- a few days later it was announced that the position was given to someone else.
Co-workers are okay to work with, but are unhappy with their job/company but are afraid to say anything to senior management since they need their jobs. There is a negativity in the office.There are a lot of co-workers that call out on a regular basis.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients and help ensure they are happy and satisfied, although there are a lot of complaints about the branch being short staffed and having to wait for an extended period of time,
Pros
Helping the clients
Cons
Not allowed any overtime, working with limited staff/frequent call outs
Very high paced, low stafed,
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCApril 30, 2016
Typical Day: Very high paced, a lot of pressure, a lot of regulations to learn and maintain, total respect for all bank tellers and other customer service employees. Learned: The benefit of different types of accounts that can help to save you money and headaches, different aspects of how handle different situations. Management: is mainly concerned with profit, the push for more and dose not want you to take any time off for your personal appointments, family or sickness. Also will not back you in a sticky situation. When you do not complete task they expect you to handle regardless of the reason, they look for your replacement. Co-workers: I worked with a wonderful group of ladies, whom had no issues with the way I lead the group, and were very upset when I was replaced. Hardest part: Trying to complete all task to the managers satisfaction. Most enjoyable: part of this job was working with my fellow employees and all of the clients I made friends with.
Pros
Great Beniffits
Cons
Sales, dedication to the job doesn't matter
My first real job
Special Assets Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCApril 28, 2016
This was a good college income. The part time hours allowed me to go to school full time and still learn the meaning of providing for myself.
Opportunities for Improvement
Project Office Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 28, 2016
A typical day provides you the opportunity to work with skilled, dedicated team members. Management in Project Office on the other hand is focused on process rather than the success of the project, which sometimes deviate. Process and structure adds value but over process burdens the projects. I would not recommend a position in Project Office.
Pros
Team Members and skilled and dedicated
Cons
Management has lost focus
It's not what you know but who you know!
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 26, 2016
Been at BB&T for several years and I'm burnt out! Short staffed and you're required to work your job and others. They push sales way too much!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short staffed
An exciting place to work that provided new challenges everyday.
ML Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 25, 2016
An exciting place to work that provided new challenges everyday. After working with the same people for so many years, your co-workers were more like family, which made it easy and enjoyable to go into work everyday.
Great benefits
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 18, 2016
For the most part BB&T is a great place to work and they also do a lot for charity thru there life force projects and the insurance is exceptional
benefits
Cons
managers are not trained in all aspects men seem to move up faster than woman
Good, friendly place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 17, 2016
I enjoyed the work environment here. I did my job and they didn't play games threatening my job to squeeze more performance out of me.
Pros
friendly enviroment, stable position
Cons
short maternity leave
I enjoyed working here and getting to know the staff and customers
Teller/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 16, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff and getting to know the customers. This was a great place to work while continuing my education.
Learning experience
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 16, 2016
Organization is constantly short staffed, was able to learn all functions of the branch. Always expected to do more due to staffing but was never considered for growth opportunities
Pros
M-F, no holidays
Cons
Pay does not match workload, Favoritism, Poor upper leadership, lack of growth opportunity, unreasonable sales goals
Extremely Stressful
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 14, 2016
They do not have the best benefits and there is not much support in certain regions. The hardest part of the job is getting help when you need it. You're often left out there on your own.
Cons
Extremely Stressful
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  NCApril 11, 2016
Business Analyst resposibilites. tracking the project status and updating the client and the technical team regarding the requirements
OK benefits; lacks TRUE leadership at a local level
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 10, 2016
Although I think BB&T was a great place to work for in the many years past, they are not as concerned for employees these days. Attrition has lead to skeleton crews, resulting in unhappy employees and clients. "Burnt out" employees is attributed to additional work load (through attrition) with out consideration of additional time or compensation to complete. Very poor local leadership. Very clear some are way out of their area of expertise, creating a misserable work place.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Very bad leadership at local level; poor compensation
Challenging as well as rewarding place to work...
Branch Banker IV (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAApril 8, 2016
Promote appropriate services/products to meet each clients individual need (Loans, Deposits, Investment & Insurance). My main goal daily is to help each and every client achieve financial security as well as manage existing account relationships with quality assurance. I consistently analyze and prioritize areas of concern. In addition I ensure accuracy as well as accountability in records, reports and documentation. Each and everyday I build my momentum by Maintaining a positive attitude while encouraging my team to use positive words of encouragement amongst one another throughout the day.
Great opportunities for advancement
Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCApril 4, 2016
Very employee oriented company. Wonderful benefits/compensations. Endless opportunties to advance in the banking industry. Fantastic training programs
A great bank that really takes care of its clients.
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLApril 3, 2016
Open checking accounts.
Close auto loans, unsecured loans, boat loans, HELOCs etc.
Reach out to local companies to introduce our business products.
Investments.
Wealth appointments.
A job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYApril 3, 2016
Work as teller can be rewarding you meet different people and can make connections outside of work. Work as a teller is demanding because you have to basically hand personal bankers jobs that they may not follow through with. But they also blame you for not meeting their goals on the branch and no one gives a helping hand to the tellers.
Great company, poor leadership in certain regions.
AAG Asset Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 2, 2016
I believe the company as a whole to be superb and willing to do what is best for its employees and customers. I had a bad manager, but do not think that is reflective of the company as a whole.
A lot of favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 29, 2016
When I initially got the job I was told that I would have a consistent schedule. With pretty much set days and hours. The only thing that was consistent was that I had to be at work from 1:30 pm to 10:30 pm. My days off were random and follow no particular pattern. At times I would even work 6 days straight to only have one day off just to come right back to work.

Our training class was only a week and what they train you on is completely different than what you see on the floor.

I was trained for resetting online banking passwords and security questions and one would think that it would be a piece of cake job. But no. The calls are constantly back to back almost everyday. And the clients are often angry because they've been locked out for the 5th or 6th time and they are tired of calling in and having to wait 45 minutes to speak with someone. When they escalate to a manager the managers won't take the call. And when the clients ask why they kept getting locked out we never had an answer for them. A lot of times we would make up things just to get them to stop complaining, because we honestly didn't know what was wrong with the system and of course neither did anyone else.

The management is a joke. There are a lot of great managers but most of them run away from their responsibilities by passing it off on the floor support who are just CSRs as well.

My manager in particular was very inconsistent and did not communicate properly with me in several situations where I had to miss work due to health reasons. Not to mention I found out I was "let go" from a new security
  more... guard 5 days after the fact. Due to a no-call no-show that never happened.

Overall I was very disappointed with my experience working there when in the beginning you are spoon fed these ideas that it's the best company to work for.
Pros
Birthday off, great benefits
Cons
Inconsistency, favoritism, unprofessional