BB&T Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and absolutely fun place to work
Payment Solutions Remittance Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2016
Productive all around good place to work. Co- workers friendly. I learned the work rather quickly. Mandatory overtime was sometimes frustrating. Management had their favorites. Overall nice place to work.
Pros
Work not hard
Cons
Meeting production, long hours
Job has detailed responsibilities that require complete dedication
view resume (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work start with a Monday Morning Sales Call for entire region, secondly, branch huddles begin to focus on weekly needs to obtain maximum results. during the sales meeting we learn several take-aways to increase daily results.

Management works cohesively with BBTL to review weekly commitments by team for branch QTD results.

My co-workers are the best they knew the expectations and provided consistent weekly results to measure the decathlon.

The hardest part of the job was getting out of the branch to make B2B contacts.

I enjoyed every pit of my job from the Teller line to Management
Pros
Freedom to think outside the box
Cons
not enough time in the day to do what's necessary
Very productive
Processing Associate III (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 17, 2016
A typical day consists of answering incoming calls from internal/external customers.
I've learned a lot about credit/debit cards
Management was ok
Pros
Free lunches, nice people in management
Cons
pay
Very busy and productive, sometimes fun, stressful environment
Safe Administrator and HMDA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 13, 2016
There was very little training, and much different than the usual administrative assistant duties. I was trained to be a SAFE Administrator and a HMDA specialist, qualified and have a NMLS number however I was not an originator. There were a lot of new things to learn. Management changed which made me feel like upper management had their eye on the ball. Pleasing every loan office was difficult.
Pros
cooking contest...i.e.free lunch with a variety
Cons
writing down the time it took to do a particular task
Good company
Foreclosure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2016
GOOD COMPANY. The process was not too hard just very detailed. It also has good benefits. There is room for growth and opportunity here as well.
Great
Branch Banker (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 11, 2016
BB&T was an amazing place for me to work while finishing my college degree. Every individual was professional and polite. There were plenty of opportunities for me to grow, but due to me relocating it limited my options.
Productive workplace with a family-oriented environment
Business Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2016
Typical Work Day: a combination of internal and external client meetings, underwriting / financial analysis, day-to-day servicing of accounts, etc.

Learning: Continues everyday in terms of client management, underwriting expertise, problem solving situations, etc.

Management: All my managers have been outstanding in terms of personal growth & development, leadership and delegating responsibilities.

Co-workers: Easy to work with and accept personal responsibility.

Hardest Part of My Job: Adapting to ever changing internal underwriting policies and procedures.

Most Enjoyable Part of My Job: Satisfaction of building client relationships and assisting in growing their businesses.
Location matters on work life and performance
Employee (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 8, 2016
Goals are set on a company level, so if you are to work in a slower branch or small town it will be difficult to reach goal. Large cities can be more stressful and overwhelming but BB&T is a good place to work overall. They do care about there employees.
Pros
strong work life balance
Cons
healthcare, compensation
Remarketing and Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 7, 2016
There is consistent opportunity for growth in remarketing position, making it possible to gain a wealth of knowledge and expand skill set.
A great place to learn great skills.
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 6, 2016
BB&T is a great Company to work for, I just needed a change, not a lot of room to move up in this Company. I learned a lot while I was there, customer service, payroll, hiring and firing, the management just needs to be adjusted.
Helping people in a professional atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2016
What I enjoyed most about my time as a teller for BB&T was being able to help people. It was fun to see the smiles of satisfaction from people cashing their paychecks. I enjoyed getting to know and building professional relationships with the customers who came in regularly. My days consisted of processing a variety of transactions and I found the work to be enjoyable.
good place to work
Financial Service Representative - Bankcards (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32806July 5, 2016
good place to work, coworkers were great, great benefits and life/work balance. the managers were very helpful. hardest part of the job is not having breaks between calls so you're talking to someone every second.
Great Company, but getting too big
Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 29, 2016
I worked almost 7 years at BB&T. They have great products, a solid mission statement and values. In the beginning we excelled at customer care and attention. As the years passed, through more acquisitions BB&T continued to grow and soon many employees started to sense a change in values within BB&T management. Lower management was restructured, employees were eliminated through attrition or removal, and sales pressure mounted. Do more with less, turn every client interaction into a sales opportunity, refer clients to the phone channel for more difficult needs; those were the kinds of things we started to hear. Customers noticed too, and started to feel like BB&T just wanted their business and didn't care if they had to wait on the phone 1 hour to speak to a representative (on any given day of the week), and we were stretched too thin so that clients also waited 30 minutes or longer to make a deposit.

Overall I liked working at BB&T, but they are no longer the regional bank with customer focus they claim to be. They are now a national bank with one agenda - the shareholder. Cutting expenses trumps customer and employee needs, and unfortunately I don't see that getting any better as they continue to grow and expand. If you choose to work there, you will receive amazing benefits, just be prepared for high sales goals and weekly, sometimes daily, sales calls and mounting pressure from management to hit your numbers or hit the road.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
low staffing, sales pressure
the environment
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed the environment and the people as well. Great place to work! The management are great people. They are easy to talk to.
Great coworkers
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNJune 26, 2016
Lots of customer interaction. Great coworkers. Learned alot of different and challenging things. fast paced environment with a little advancement opportunity.
Going through an agile transformtion - company and culture are outstanding. This company really cares fro their employees
Bilingual UAT Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2016
My most enjoyable part of this job is that the products and services help others buy a house and secure their financial dreams.
Every day is a learning experience. Confidentiality of client files and updated information is a must in the banking industry.
Client Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NC 28472June 24, 2016
Answer telephone and maintain client information files. Support of branch by maintaining and updating client files and research as necessary. Keeping up to date of privacy and banking regulations. Participate in mergers and keeping records up to date.
Pros
Flexible schedule when needed and great benefits.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJune 23, 2016
A great place to work. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Has two pools and two different buildings so extra roomy. Moderate rates which is worth the pay
Productive work environmewnt
Charge Off / Transfer Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2016
The employees at BB&T are friendly and courteous individuals. The building is modern and spacious. A background in the mortgage is desired to work in the majority of the mortgage departments.
great bank to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 22, 2016
When I first started at BB&T I was really nervous and shy because i didn't know anybody but the coworkers and management greeted me and treated me like if they had known me for a very long time i felt like i was home everybody so nice and caring management was great so far i had the best manager ever very kind

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.