BB&T

BB&T Employer Reviews

learning in the work place
Collection Rep II (Current Employee), Winterville, NCNovember 25, 2014
I have learned a lot working for BB&T especially for someone who did not major in finance or accounting, this job gives you tools to be successful in life on the financial.The employees are friendly, and fun to be around. The job isn't easy, but once you get it, you ill be able to help other succeed,].
Contractor Position
Senior Reconcilement Specialist (Current Employee), Wilson, NCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: good if you permanent
Cons: if your looking to get hired from a temp position don't bother - they rotate temps regularly
The position was for temp to direct hire. Very difficult to be successful. As a temp you do not have the access that you need to perform you job. Poor communications between managers.
Overall BB&T is a wonderful company to work for.
Certified Senior Teller (Current Employee), Bushnell, FLNovember 24, 2014
I enjoy working for BB&T. I have learned so much at this job. Typical day at the office would include me assisting my clients and by offering them appropriate banking advice to help them achieve financial success. Management at BB&T are very knowledgeable and helpful with everyday banking needs, whether it be staff or clients. My co-workers and I are – more... a close working team. We are positive and encourage each other to be the best we can be and help one another better serve our clients on a daily basis. The hardest part of this job would be finding balance between daily office duties and obtaining new small business relationships within the community. I most enjoy seeing my clients everyday and being able to take my banking knowledge to better help them be financially successful. – less
Best Company
Documentation Specialist II (Former Employee), Wilson, NCNovember 20, 2014
I enjoyed and do miss working at BB&T. Job was fulfilling with good benefits. Co-workers were great.
If I ever move back south I will be be re-applying for this company!
NO Thanks
Business Service Asst/ Relationship Banker II (Former Employee), Cape Coral, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: management and business plan
The customers are great but the company doesnt trust it's employees to think for themselves. You are told what to say, how to say it.
Enjoyed the culture
Banking Network Branch Manager (Former Employee), Leesburg, FloridaNovember 19, 2014
Not knowing when construction was going to make a comeback in Florida, I choose banking as my alternative career choice. It was very satisfying being able to help our client base.
the only reason for leaving was to return to construction management with Winter Park Construction.
has its ups and downs
BB&T Correspondent Lending Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Wilson NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: flexibility with schedule
Cons: no job security. no company moral
I enjoyed the actual job that I had. Upper Management made it hard. No job security.
Fun Place to work.
Relationship Banker Call Center Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whiteville, NCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: schedules
Cons: paid once a month
Great Management. Fun place to work , flexible schedules. Good trainers.
Adjuster I (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: day off with pay if had the highest call volume at the end of the month
Cons: short breaks
open atmosphere - call center very loud - assisted customers
Must Be Strong!
Certified Relationship Banker II (Former Employee), Florence, SCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: lack of growth
Nice company to work for!
Could be a little challenging, but one must be mentally strong to grow within the company.

Very friendly people. Co-Worker are awesome.!
fun place to work in no big surprises know what was expected of you
Bank Teller and Proof Operator (Former Employee), Dale City, VANovember 7, 2014
Pros: working at your own pace and having help when needed
Cons: not always having enough people on hand
fun place to work place and lunch room and to be yourself learned how to get along with co-worker and some place to go if problems should arise and accolades were acknowledged when work was well done.
Excellent Company
Branch Operations Training Instructor (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 6, 2014
I love working for BB&T. The culture is very family oriented, open, encouraging, and supportive. They believe in coaching and doing all they can to help their associates, peers, and the company as a whole be successful. Great company to work for.
1st professional job
Proof Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2014
daily routine of processing checks and typing as fast as my hands could go-productivity, and accuracy!!!!
Good Company and Culture
VICE PRESIDENT-PRIVATE FINANCIAL ADVISOR II (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, pay
Cons: long hours
Typical corporate environment. Requires hard work and dedication and long hours. Company ask the employees take ownership and expects employees to meet and exceed goals.
Going down fast
Certified Relationship Banker I (Former Employee), North CarolinaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: job life, management, ceo
They are doing layoffs and closing branches. Do not work for this bank unless you are in the back office because in the branch as soon as you get your feet wet and get comfortable they will yank your job out from under you.
Efficient
Certified Relationship Banker I (Former Employee), Snellville, GAOctober 29, 2014
I personally learned a lot about the banking industry at Branch Banking and Trust Company.
successful bank with sound upper level management
Programmer Analyst III (Current Employee), Wilson, NCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: pleasant co-workers
Cons: constant manager change
BB&T is a good place to work. I did have the good fortune to work as part of the same team for my entire tenure, which meant that excellent relationships were built between myself and our clients. I was able to learn new software as well as maintain the skills already present. The hardest part of this job was the constant change in management.
Deposit Corrections Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaOctober 28, 2014
I learned a lot from my coworkers. They were very helpful while I was in training and afterward.
nothing special
Teller (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 27, 2014
It was a nice place to work, co workers was nice they really cater to the clients
Fun Place to work
Banking Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 25, 2014
Community Driven, Great Place for Employees to learn and grow

1 2 3 4 5

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more