BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 1,361 reviews matching the search
The vision of the company is that exactly
Branch Bank IV (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 20, 2017
The company vision is that exactly, only a vision. The upper management sets goals and expectations and do not take into consideration the reality of the environment. They don't market to try to bring in new clients and want to heavily service the existing clients.
Pros
At times will work with family emergencies.
Cons
Lacking technology. Products not up to date.
not a place for morals
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCAugust 20, 2017
I loved working for this company under the previous CEO, with the current one there's no room for morals and ethics, customer service also deteriorated with lack of training and incentives.
Good workplace
MSR Risk Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 20, 2017
Good family work place environment, corporate culture too many hands involved to make one approval, small teams so work was overwhelming at times, teamwork.
Great work environment and even greater co-workers
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCAugust 19, 2017
The Raeford, NC, branch where I worked for 3 and a half years was indeed the best workplace I've worked so far. We all got along within co-workers. The supervisor and the branch manager where always available to help and listen to any concern. I really enjoyed the fast pace at work and the possibility to work with people face to face. During the time I worked there I have been assigned new tasks regularly. I moved from the drive through to the front line, I've been in charge of the ATM machine and the branch vault.
quick paced branch with a great team
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 19, 2017
The BB&T branch I worked in was both extremely busy and then had its lulls. That I think, was one of the greatest assets.
My immediate supervisor was very patient, however she was new at supervision. That could be frustrating because I was giving her more advise than she gave me. I had no problem mentoring her, it was just frustrating at times.
Workplace culture with team mates at the branch was great, but at the overall corporate level - the staff seemed very much out of the branch level loop.
Pros
hour lunch, flexible boss with scheduling, great environmet
Cons
corporate level issues
Good company
TELLER (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 18, 2017
If you like banking then this company is for you. Loved the atmosphere and everyone was very helpful and friendly. Great pay and benefits. The hours can be long but weekends off.
Its ok
Teller (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 18, 2017
the company is ok it just depends on what management you have especially knowing that the associates really matter and the hard work put instead of always looking at the negative helps the group. Leadership is key and that is what makes a great team.
Pros
Benefits, daytime schedule
Cons
Management, Life balance
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Brewton, ALAugust 17, 2017
Clients are great! I learned many things number one being how to deal with money, the right way.The management here, has a great work ethic, good ppl.
Pros
There are so many opportunities.
Cons
When your dealing with people's money, there are a lot of rules to follow.
Growing organization within the financial industry
Branch Information Call Center Agent I (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 16, 2017
A typical day would include receiving calls from internal associates to provide, guidance and support for policy and procedural information. I was able to obtain a wealth of information about legal process, such as deceased situations, trust and business account opening regulations for each state within the company footprint. Organizational management was highly concerned about company performance and reputation. The culture supported the growth and success of the organization, which strives to provide each client with the perfect experience for each interaction.
The most challenging part of this position was the high call volumes and the staffing available to assist clients. The most rewarding part of the position and company, was the gratitude expressed from fellow team members when helping to resolve issues and provide solutions for each client.
Pros
positive and encouraging atmosphere
Employees are very unhappy
PERSONAL BANKER II (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 15, 2017
There is not individual goals, but there is branch goals, so they pressure you to sell, so branch goals can be meet. They don't want to say that you need to make your numbers, or sales, is about behavior, you need to have the right behaviors. But at the end is the same thing, because even if you have the so call behaviors at the end they just looking at numbers, example how many loans did you open this week, how many accounts or credit cards, instead of asking how many applications did you branch have even if it didn't go through for many reasons, denied by underwriters or client just didn't qualified, that will be asking for behavior. They are micromanaging managers and so managers being pushed to micromanage employees to the point that it creates a horrible stressful environment, employees are miserable, after telling them every week how behind they are compare with other branches, how awful they are doing.
Poor management
teller (Former Employee) –  Springville, ALAugust 15, 2017
Manager was inexperienced and it showed in her role as my boss... No room for growth in career advancement. Irrational excuses for write-ups.. Would not recommend.
Excellent Organization with a Great Value System
Branch Banker Team Leader (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 15, 2017
BB&T was one of few organizations which practiced what they preached. There was always an opportunity to learn something new. There is also an incredible benefits package. Kelly King does an excellent job expressing to everyone what is most important to the BB&T culture and how he wants the organization to grow. Unfortunately, not everyone follows those behaviors and some manipulate his words to assist in lining their pockets, thus taking the value of building the relationship with clients and truly earning their trust.

My first experience with BB&T management was far better than my second round. Had I known what I was coming back to, I wouldn't have considered coming back.
Pros
Excellent benefits, Reliable back-office team for information
Cons
A bit behind in technology, some management practices, thin staffing
Productive environment
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 15, 2017
Did not enjoy my time there . Very old fashioned programs not up with the times . Supervisor rarely around. No guidance . Other tellers played favorites
Strong regional bank
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 15, 2017
BB&T provides excellent training and resources for their employees to succeed. It has become difficult for BB&T to hold true to their community banking model as they continue to grow.
Unavailable.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2017
The department I worked in for BB and T has been disbanned and jobs outsorced to another country. While the working invironment was good, sending jobs to other countries instead of building up your own country does not seem to be a good idea.
Fun and Productive environment
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2017
Worked 7:30-4 Monday through Friday. Assisted three Marketing reps. I had heavy customer service duties as well as assisting in office employees. I learned to work with teammates to get the workload accomplished and enjoyed the hectic daily schedule.
Pros
Friendly Co workers
Cons
Hours were hard for my commute
nothing to say
Client care Rep (Current Employee) –  allentown oaAugust 10, 2017
nothing to say its just very stressful place no attendance policy things are managed based on feelings if you use your sick time you get written up and fired
Fun work place with great people
Benefits Representative I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 10, 2017
I love working here and having the opportunity to learn so much more about the benefits industry. I have great managers that really care about my growth which makes the work environment even more pleasant.
Pros
great people and learning opportunity
Cons
short breaks
Great company but management needs improvement and pay should be fair
Financial Crimes Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2017
This is a great company, with great benefits. However, if you are not someone who sucks up to management you will not get far. If you have been with the company for any number of years your compensation is well below that of any new associate in your department.
Wasn't the right fit for me
Branch Banker I (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 10, 2017
Always understaffed and people leaving the company left and right. Has the potential to be a great company to work for. I will miss all of my clients dearly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval