BB&T

BB&T Employee Reviews

love working with bb&t
Collections Representative I (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: big desks
Cons: insurance
I loved working at BB&T and loved my co workers. This was a wonderful environment and I wish when I had moved to the beach I had brought the call center with me! My management was amazing and I learned a lot about collections!
advancement possible if you know the right people
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Lanham MDAugust 31, 2015
Pros: decent pay/ hour lunches
Cons: poor management/ job always on the line
management is very poor especially the female managers if they jealous of you you will be fired point blank. if you know the right ppl you may keep your job. managers like for bankers to sit in their office and listen to their sad stories all day.
Fast-paced work environment
Teller (Former Employee), Hope Mills, NCAugust 29, 2015
Pros: paid holidays and vacation, one hour lunch, rotating saturday shifts
Cons: management
Great company to work for. Specific branch has lots of room for improvement. Busy location makes for short days and rotating saturday schedule at different location, so most weekends off.
Great Company
Retail Lending Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 25, 2015
BB&T is a great company. It has amazing benefits but personally there seems to be no room for growth professionally and financially.
It's tough working for BB&T. They want more for less. Very demanding.
Branch Banker (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 24, 2015
Pros: great security. regular paycheck.
Cons: short staffing, no trust in employees thoughts or decisions
As a full time employee, life was strenuous and demanding. I was responsible for making sure everything that needed to be done was done in accordance to operational guidelines without going into overtime. Even though it can be done efficiently, there is so much to do with very little staffing that it is tough to get it all done.

Ones hands are tied where the employees don't have ANY decision making abilities.

There is very high turnover there because they are so demanding.

I enjoyed my co-workers for BB&T tried to hire the best. However, BB&T works them into the ground and do not try to compensate accordingly.

The hardest part of the job is the company works its staff on skeleton crews which makes it more difficult to run the branches properly. They want happy, satisfied employees who learn and grow. It is impossible to reach all of those goals when the branch is working with almost half the staff it needs.

The best part of the job? The clients. Most are good, friendly, people who have become friends.
Account Manager and Adjuster I (Former Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 24, 2015
overall it was a good place to work with good benefits the hours were bad and management was lacking in experience and professionalism
Very demanding work load
part time teller (Former Employee), Loganville, GaAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Great family/work life, great pay
Cons: Employees have horrible attitudes. The company does not care about the employees
This company pays well but the employees can be very rude. If you are not dressed with the most expensive clothes or have the nicest things you are thought to be not "good" enough. Should you be dressed nice and professional? Of course but the employees are not the nicest people.
Constantly changing policies
Senior Teller/Vault Teller (Former Employee), Tallassee, ALAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Daytime hours
Cons: 6 day work week
Built meaningful relationships with clients.
Tellers were expendable.
High turnover rate.
Everyone was suppose to act as a team, yet be suspicious of everyone at the same time.
I have an enjoyable experience at BB&T. It's a professional, but laid back atmosphere.
Assistant Vice President/ Funding Manager (Current Employee), Wilson, NCAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and retirement plan
Cons: salary could be more competitive
I love my employment at BB&T. I have grown as an individual, educationally, and career wise within my 14+ years of employment. I've been in Mortgage the entire time; however, I have served in different departments. I started in Closing, moved to accounting and I currently manage 16 people in Correspondent Lending.
It is a company that promotes growth from within. It also believes in adequate training and continued learning in all positions. BB&T does countless things for the community that it serves. One of the biggest projects that it does in the community is the Light House Project. The Light House Project is a huge event that happens once a year where BB&T allows the branches and operation centers to spend thousands of dollars on special projects that are needed in the community. The projects are completed by BB&T employees and the bank also pays for the man hours used to finish each task. I have participated in many of them, such as: renovating the play grounds at different schools, fixing up and delivering care baskets to senior citizens, fixing up and distributing book bags to children, renovating community centers, and fixing up and shipping care packets to our Armed Service men and women.
Fun place to work at
Senior Paying & Receiving Teller (Current Employee), Newnan, GAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: no cons
Good, interesting, sometimes challenging, but a great place to work at. And move up. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
review of BB&T
Assistant Manager/Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 14, 2015
as it being corporate, to stressful

learning and understanding a lot in few months can be both good and bad

the benefits and commission was bad

but it was good base pay
Horrible company that works on a tight budget
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 13, 2015
BB&T treats their employees like trash. They continue to work their employees short handed, which eventually burns them out. Would not recommend anyone to work for this company unless it was a last resort.
Wonderful opportunity to interact with the public on a daily basis.
Bank teller Customer Service (Former Employee), Tifton, GAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: free banking
Cons: standing in heels allday
I enjoyed the company. They believed in customer quality and professionalism at all times, but allowed for a friendly and laid back atmosphere that made it fun to come to work each day.
Overly Bureacratic
Regulatory Compliance Officer (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 12, 2015
Bank has solid principles, but the vertical business structure makes it difficult to implement change. Their business model is out-dated and they will need to streamline and restructure in order to continue to grow into the future,
Great Benefits, open opportunities, and fantastic leadership
Commercial Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Work graded by Quality Control
Learning new things about financial statements every day with each client request. No client is the same; seeing inflow of Company Prepared statements, Audited statements of every quality, Business Tax returns, and Personal Tax returns. The hardest part about the job is to be sure to evaluate each amount to insure it is placed in the most conservative spot for BB&T to risk grade as efficiently as possible.
Great company to work for
Health and Life Insurance Personal Line Asst (Current Employee), Wilson, NCAugust 11, 2015
Don't have much to really say about this company. There are some great departments within. However management is that great!
love bbt
Branch Banker (Current Employee), baltimore, mdAugust 9, 2015
bbt is a fun and productive place to work, better than most retail banks, good management, bonuses good, hours are good, coworkers are professional
Great firm
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Salem, NCAugust 8, 2015
Highly competent management, a business casual dress code, and great benefits. Compensation may slightly lag industry standards. Overall great company.
A great company, if you're in a non default department
Mortgage Default Specialist II (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Great company that pays well, all salaries are provided when applying from work
Cons: Having a degree trumps experience. Good luck getting a decent raise.
The company overall is excellent! However, I think I'm there to make their minority quota! I was never trained as others on the team, always ridiculed for errors, but never addressed what they were. There's favoritism and the only way out is death! Just kidding. They've done a mass hiring in the Greensboro, NC location whom had prior experience, just to clean up the mess. Now that's been fulfilled, they started bringing in younger, recent professionals that make more and have I mentioned, these positions were created, oppose to promoting within? This applies for the ML DEFAULT SPECIALIST department!

I'm not one to complain, but realize, unfortunately, it's a dead end. If you're fortunate to be considered, please, STAY AWAY FROM ANY DEFAULT DEPARTMENT! The Good Ole boys are in that department. They will chew you up and spit you out,when they don't like you.
I enjoyed the fast past environment
Certified Teller (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCAugust 8, 2015
Pros: working with people and money
Cons: n/a
I worked the drive thru, which had 3 lanes. I enjoyed it more so because I stayed busy all day. I learned how to multitask. I got along well with the other employees and management.
The hardest part of my job was on the first and third of the month when the drive thru line would be wrapped around the building all day long but it was also my favorite time of the month. I love staying busy and always having something to do.
Headquarters