BB&T Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful company to work for!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLAugust 28, 2016
It has been an absolute blessing to work for this company, the only reason I'm looking for something new is that I'm driving 600 miles a week & there are no positions open in my area. BB&T has great training, wonderful managers, incredible AOO's, & amazing employees. Everyone I've worked with there is an absolute joy. The company goes above & beyond to take care of their employees. Most of the people I've worked with have been with the company for 10+ years, & plan on staying until they retire.
Learned about banking
Image Keying Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
Mondays and Fridays were long hour days usually 10 to 12 hours. Once I learned what was expected, I went in brought up the required applications and started keying account numbers, serial numbers, transaction codes, amounts, and routing numbers of either from deposit tickets, checks, or payment forms. The hardest part was sitting the long hours we were allowed a 30 minute lunch and two restroom breaks a day. The managers that I had did not work with people that have a disability and they discriminate against race.
Family Oriented place to work
Manage teller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2016
I have been with this bank since 2011, it is a very good place to work and they offer great trainings to help you advance and move up in the company. When I started it was 3rd Federal Bank then merged with National Penn Bank and then merged to BB&T. BB&T has taught me outstanding managerial opportunities that I will be able to take with me for the rest of my life.
Pros
good training, good hours, good team to work with
Cons
very sales oriented
Very busy and productive, sometimes fun, stressful environment
Safe Administrator and HMDA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 13, 2016
There was very little training, and much different than the usual administrative assistant duties. I was trained to be a SAFE Administrator and a HMDA specialist, qualified and have a NMLS number however I was not an originator. There were a lot of new things to learn. Management changed which made me feel like upper management had their eye on the ball. Pleasing every loan office was difficult.
Pros
cooking contest...i.e.free lunch with a variety
Cons
writing down the time it took to do a particular task
Conservative Financial Institution
Commercial Card (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 5, 2016
BB&T, while not the front runner of technology, is a bank that has been around since 1872. I enjoy a lot of aspects of my employment, but also have concerns. Like with any employer there are good folks to work with and those you'd rather not. Fortunately, BB&T seems to be heavier on the folks you enjoy working with.

Conservative is key. Salaries are conservative, changes are conservative, products are conservative.
Job has detailed responsibilities that require complete dedication
view resume (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work start with a Monday Morning Sales Call for entire region, secondly, branch huddles begin to focus on weekly needs to obtain maximum results. during the sales meeting we learn several take-aways to increase daily results.

Management works cohesively with BBTL to review weekly commitments by team for branch QTD results.

My co-workers are the best they knew the expectations and provided consistent weekly results to measure the decathlon.

The hardest part of the job was getting out of the branch to make B2B contacts.

I enjoyed every pit of my job from the Teller line to Management
Pros
Freedom to think outside the box
Cons
not enough time in the day to do what's necessary
Productive workplace with a family-oriented environment
Business Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2016
Typical Work Day: a combination of internal and external client meetings, underwriting / financial analysis, day-to-day servicing of accounts, etc.

Learning: Continues everyday in terms of client management, underwriting expertise, problem solving situations, etc.

Management: All my managers have been outstanding in terms of personal growth & development, leadership and delegating responsibilities.

Co-workers: Easy to work with and accept personal responsibility.

Hardest Part of My Job: Adapting to ever changing internal underwriting policies and procedures.

Most Enjoyable Part of My Job: Satisfaction of building client relationships and assisting in growing their businesses.
Every day is a learning experience. Confidentiality of client files and updated information is a must in the banking industry.
Client Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NC 28472June 24, 2016
Answer telephone and maintain client information files. Support of branch by maintaining and updating client files and research as necessary. Keeping up to date of privacy and banking regulations. Participate in mergers and keeping records up to date.
Pros
Flexible schedule when needed and great benefits.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement.
Career Path
ML CORRESPONDENT LENDING OPERATIONS SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 21, 2016
I worked at BB&T for 18 years and I'm looking for a different career path. I enjoyed my time at BB&T however, the last position that I was in wasn't challenging or a fulfilling job for me. I'm very detailed person, driven, eager to learn and I like to be challenged. I have excellent customer service experience. I'm a team player and I'm always willing to go beyond to get the job done and make sure that the client is satisfied and happy. I have experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Microsoft Office.
Pros
Eager to learn and be challenged.
Cons
Willingness to please everyone.
Productive workplace that taught me a lot about sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 26, 2016
The office I worked in taught me about family above all. We came to work to do our job, but we were there to help people who became a lot like our family. It wasn't much like any other job you hear about - how people dread their jobs. I actually enjoyed going to work and I enjoyed helping my clients. But after so long I missed out on too much of my children's lives.
It was a good place to work in the early years of 2000.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 11, 2016
They put the customer first while still achieving all the bank goals. A typical day started with the employees reviewing the day and coming up with a plan for the day that accomplished all the necessary duties in a way that was good for customers and employees both. Management left the offices alone if we were succeeding. Co-workers were great. Hated leaving them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the office politics of certain co-workers but every job has those types. The most enjoyable part of the day was seeing/helping my customers and interacting with teammates.
Pros
Great health benefits, great work-life balance.
Cons
Office politics.
Employees treated very well
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJune 9, 2016
BB&T treats all of their employees very well with lots of benefits and incentives. There are many pressures to sell based on incorrect statistics. I work in a very heavily commercial branch and so we have high transaction numbers based on our commercial clients but are expected to produce many new retail checking and credit cards which is impossible when you see the same clients day after day. Management is friendly but can be very pushy without trying to understand your side of the problem.
Pros
Great Benefits, good pay
Cons
poor management
Bb&t
Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work usually means coming to work with our work loads already assigned. The goal is to fund as many loans as possible with as less errors as possible. My manager in particular is extremely helpful and willing to assist if need be. Sometime upper management may send out changes or emails that are alittle confusing or no thorough, but my manager makes sure that her teams understands what is going on to the fullest extent possible. my coworker and I are definitely a team we work together to make sure we each have an understanding of what on.
Helping people in a professional atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2016
What I enjoyed most about my time as a teller for BB&T was being able to help people. It was fun to see the smiles of satisfaction from people cashing their paychecks. I enjoyed getting to know and building professional relationships with the customers who came in regularly. My days consisted of processing a variety of transactions and I found the work to be enjoyable.
very slow of a location perfect for students that can study on down time
Teller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 28, 2016
it was a awesome place to work, but very under staff the entire time I worked here and for a part timer working over 40 hours I got burnt out and managers never were in he branch because their job was to find business. so majority of the time I felt like it was very disorganized and very little instructions when situation did happen
Overall: It's not that bad, but it's not for everyone
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 23, 2016
I have been there for years. I have seen a lot of people come and go. It is for the competitive at heart. It also helps to have a thick skin. You must be able to take criticism both constructive (supervisors) and non constructive (clients). Most departments require mostly 2nd shift work hours. No department at the call center is all 8-5pm, although some departments have better hours than others. Being a team player is a must... People that are completely withdrawn usually wash - out! So if you are up for a challenge and easy to get along with... this may be the job for you.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Great Employee Benefits
Cons
Production Based - Can be stressful!
It was a good experience
Special Assets Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed the work experience and knowledge that was gained from working at BB&T. I handles past due accounts and i done whatever i could to help the client bring the account current. If it was an extension that was needed i tried my best to help them qualify but we have to realize we are human just as well as the customer and it could be us on the other end of the phone..
Solid Company
Branch Banker Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 12, 2016
Great company

Every region operates different. I absolutely love the Triangle Region.
Learned how a manage and operate a branch by take store ownership. Learned how to network, speak confidently, overcome objections, ask the next best question and always do what is in the best interest of the client.

Each branch I worked at we operated as a team and we supported each other.

The hardest thing to do was to NOT love BB&T. If you did not like BB&T it was because of your personal choice OR bad experience that you chose not to forgive and forget.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients achieve financial success and see their lives change and the clients appreciate you, your team, and organization.
Pros
everything
Cons
Fun place to work, family oriented
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCAugust 8, 2016
The hardest part of the job was no overtime. The work had to be done but not enough hours to get it completed. I learned to be a team player. Co-workers were friendly and it became home away from home.
Pros
Management will go the extra mile for those employees who were dedicated and worked hard.
Cons
Work had to be done but no overtime.
Very warm and friendly atmosphere and productive work place
Teller-part time (Former Employee) –  Richlands, VAMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be opening the bank, working the night deposit bags, and then working the drive thru. I learned how to manage money, build client relationships, Multitask and become very productive at my job as a teller. My co-workers were very nice and productive, creating a very warm atmosphere for both the clients and the fellow co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to clients and helping them with their questions.
Pros
Wonderful health insurance, and good pay
Cons
There were no cons