BB&T Employee Reviews in United States

Overall: It's not that bad, but it's not for everyone
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 23, 2016
I have been there for years. I have seen a lot of people come and go. It is for the competitive at heart. It also helps to have a thick skin. You must be able to take criticism both constructive (supervisors) and non constructive (clients). Most departments require mostly 2nd shift work hours. No department at the call center is all 8-5pm, although some departments have better hours than others. Being a team player is a must... People that are completely withdrawn usually wash - out! So if you are up for a challenge and easy to get along with... this may be the job for you.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Great Employee Benefits
Cons
Production Based - Can be stressful!
BB&T is a great place to work that still offers great benefits.
Policy Officer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 23, 2016
I do not choose to say anything more about this company.

Overall the people were great!

I was provided may opportunities.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Company has gotted to larg
Productive and Professional
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 22, 2016
Lack of effective management
Favoritism
I learned to review and effectively close mortgage loans and wire funds to corresponding banks.
Small town branch and charm. Good work atmosphere.
Certified Teller (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, NCMay 20, 2016
Assisting clients with financial services. Cross selling products to help clients financial goals and products that best suit their lifestyle. Small town branch where everyone knew everyone. Friendly management and coworkers.
Pros
Benefits were decent.
Cons
Having to schedule your days off around superiors
stardard banking job
Branch Banker I (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 16, 2016
A very solid company and job all around. competitive wages with very good benefits. If you are looking to start a career in banking BB&T is a great place to learn and grow with a company that is also growing.
Pros
great benefits, standard hours, room for advancement
Cons
high turnover due to advancing employees
Great Potential
Branch Banker-Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TNMay 13, 2016
I enjoyed my position helping clients for a very long time. I would love to continue to be apart of a company that helps clients with their banking needs.
Benefits
Cons
Cluster Leader was not honest.
Solid Company
Branch Banker Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 12, 2016
Great company

Every region operates different. I absolutely love the Triangle Region.
Learned how a manage and operate a branch by take store ownership. Learned how to network, speak confidently, overcome objections, ask the next best question and always do what is in the best interest of the client.

Each branch I worked at we operated as a team and we supported each other.

The hardest thing to do was to NOT love BB&T. If you did not like BB&T it was because of your personal choice OR bad experience that you chose not to forgive and forget.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients achieve financial success and see their lives change and the clients appreciate you, your team, and organization.
Pros
everything
Check printing company
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 9, 2016
Typical night at work consisted of watching boxes of checks come through the line.
Management team was excellent.
Everyone enjoyed working with one another on night shift.
There was nothing challenging about the job, other than trying to sleep during the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that you learned different skills to be able to help the team.
Poorly Selected Management
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 8, 2016
BB&T as a company is a good Bank. However, management in the area i worked were not knowledgeable and did not promote. The area i worked in was audited due to not paying for hours worked. We are told that we have to work overtime but instead of receiving overtime pay we would just deduct it from our next weeks hours.
Very warm and friendly atmosphere and productive work place
Teller-part time (Former Employee) –  Richlands, VAMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be opening the bank, working the night deposit bags, and then working the drive thru. I learned how to manage money, build client relationships, Multitask and become very productive at my job as a teller. My co-workers were very nice and productive, creating a very warm atmosphere for both the clients and the fellow co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to clients and helping them with their questions.
Pros
Wonderful health insurance, and good pay
Cons
There were no cons

Want to know more about BB&T?

Ask a question
Not bad
BRANCH BANKER (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 5, 2016
The Salary is not bad, but the incentives are terrible. But i guess overall is good. They are having a lot of staffing issues lately.
Pros
salary is ok, and no a lot of Saturdays
Cons
Bonuses aren't good
It's like working at an insane asylum
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 1, 2016
You are working on a with minimal employees--
You are basically a number when it comes down to it instead of a valued employee-- Manager has between 2-3 offices and is always pre-occupied with her phone, emails, or texting to give undivided attention to you when you are trying to meet with her. Management does not follow up you, leaving you in limbo. Tells you one thing, then it does not happen; I inquired about another position, told that I would be able to have it, the manager stated she just needed to contact HR-- a few days later it was announced that the position was given to someone else.
Co-workers are okay to work with, but are unhappy with their job/company but are afraid to say anything to senior management since they need their jobs. There is a negativity in the office.There are a lot of co-workers that call out on a regular basis.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients and help ensure they are happy and satisfied, although there are a lot of complaints about the branch being short staffed and having to wait for an extended period of time,
Pros
Helping the clients
Cons
Not allowed any overtime, working with limited staff/frequent call outs
Very high paced, low stafed,
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCApril 30, 2016
Typical Day: Very high paced, a lot of pressure, a lot of regulations to learn and maintain, total respect for all bank tellers and other customer service employees. Learned: The benefit of different types of accounts that can help to save you money and headaches, different aspects of how handle different situations. Management: is mainly concerned with profit, the push for more and dose not want you to take any time off for your personal appointments, family or sickness. Also will not back you in a sticky situation. When you do not complete task they expect you to handle regardless of the reason, they look for your replacement. Co-workers: I worked with a wonderful group of ladies, whom had no issues with the way I lead the group, and were very upset when I was replaced. Hardest part: Trying to complete all task to the managers satisfaction. Most enjoyable: part of this job was working with my fellow employees and all of the clients I made friends with.
Pros
Great Beniffits
Cons
Sales, dedication to the job doesn't matter
My first real job
Special Assets Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCApril 28, 2016
This was a good college income. The part time hours allowed me to go to school full time and still learn the meaning of providing for myself.
Opportunities for Improvement
Project Office Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 28, 2016
A typical day provides you the opportunity to work with skilled, dedicated team members. Management in Project Office on the other hand is focused on process rather than the success of the project, which sometimes deviate. Process and structure adds value but over process burdens the projects. I would not recommend a position in Project Office.
Pros
Team Members and skilled and dedicated
Cons
Management has lost focus
It's not what you know but who you know!
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 26, 2016
Been at BB&T for several years and I'm burnt out! Short staffed and you're required to work your job and others. They push sales way too much!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short staffed
An exciting place to work that provided new challenges everyday.
ML Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 25, 2016
An exciting place to work that provided new challenges everyday. After working with the same people for so many years, your co-workers were more like family, which made it easy and enjoyable to go into work everyday.
Great benefits
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 18, 2016
For the most part BB&T is a great place to work and they also do a lot for charity thru there life force projects and the insurance is exceptional
benefits
Cons
managers are not trained in all aspects men seem to move up faster than woman
Good, friendly place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 17, 2016
I enjoyed the work environment here. I did my job and they didn't play games threatening my job to squeeze more performance out of me.
Pros
friendly enviroment, stable position
Cons
short maternity leave
I enjoyed working here and getting to know the staff and customers
Teller/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 16, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff and getting to know the customers. This was a great place to work while continuing my education.