BB&T Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company, but getting too big
Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 29, 2016
I worked almost 7 years at BB&T. They have great products, a solid mission statement and values. In the beginning we excelled at customer care and attention. As the years passed, through more acquisitions BB&T continued to grow and soon many employees started to sense a change in values within BB&T management. Lower management was restructured, employees were eliminated through attrition or removal, and sales pressure mounted. Do more with less, turn every client interaction into a sales opportunity, refer clients to the phone channel for more difficult needs; those were the kinds of things we started to hear. Customers noticed too, and started to feel like BB&T just wanted their business and didn't care if they had to wait on the phone 1 hour to speak to a representative (on any given day of the week), and we were stretched too thin so that clients also waited 30 minutes or longer to make a deposit.

Overall I liked working at BB&T, but they are no longer the regional bank with customer focus they claim to be. They are now a national bank with one agenda - the shareholder. Cutting expenses trumps customer and employee needs, and unfortunately I don't see that getting any better as they continue to grow and expand. If you choose to work there, you will receive amazing benefits, just be prepared for high sales goals and weekly, sometimes daily, sales calls and mounting pressure from management to hit your numbers or hit the road.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
low staffing, sales pressure
the environment
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed the environment and the people as well. Great place to work! The management are great people. They are easy to talk to.
Great coworkers
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNJune 26, 2016
Lots of customer interaction. Great coworkers. Learned alot of different and challenging things. fast paced environment with a little advancement opportunity.
Going through an agile transformtion - company and culture are outstanding. This company really cares fro their employees
Bilingual UAT Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2016
My most enjoyable part of this job is that the products and services help others buy a house and secure their financial dreams.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJune 23, 2016
A great place to work. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Has two pools and two different buildings so extra roomy. Moderate rates which is worth the pay
Productive work environmewnt
Charge Off / Transfer Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2016
The employees at BB&T are friendly and courteous individuals. The building is modern and spacious. A background in the mortgage is desired to work in the majority of the mortgage departments.
great bank to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 22, 2016
When I first started at BB&T I was really nervous and shy because i didn't know anybody but the coworkers and management greeted me and treated me like if they had known me for a very long time i felt like i was home everybody so nice and caring management was great so far i had the best manager ever very kind
Career Path
ML CORRESPONDENT LENDING OPERATIONS SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 21, 2016
I worked at BB&T for 18 years and I'm looking for a different career path. I enjoyed my time at BB&T however, the last position that I was in wasn't challenging or a fulfilling job for me. I'm very detailed person, driven, eager to learn and I like to be challenged. I have excellent customer service experience. I'm a team player and I'm always willing to go beyond to get the job done and make sure that the client is satisfied and happy. I have experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Microsoft Office.
Pros
Eager to learn and be challenged.
Cons
Willingness to please everyone.
A great place to work
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 20, 2016
Loved working there, people were great and i loved i could my customer service skills everyday. Would have made it as my career but due to husband being military.... We had to relocate!
Great Company
Loss Mitigation Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 20, 2016
BB&t is a great company. I am looking forward to grow. I am currently looking to grow in retail, where I originally had started.
having a very good wirking atmosphere
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  PAJune 20, 2016
having a very good working environment and off-course very co operatvive staff and and management was quite motivated
It was a good experience
Special Assets Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed the work experience and knowledge that was gained from working at BB&T. I handles past due accounts and i done whatever i could to help the client bring the account current. If it was an extension that was needed i tried my best to help them qualify but we have to realize we are human just as well as the customer and it could be us on the other end of the phone..
always busy work is non stop
Client Service Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 16, 2016
process commercial lines policies
data entry
contact insurance carriers and client
coworkers are great to work with and learn together
management pretty much leaves everything to the associates to do
the hardest part of the job is that there is no advancement opportunities
Fun Work Place
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 16, 2016
*Not only management is flexible and family oriented, but also they know when we need to be professional
*Staff Appreciation days
*Staff preferred Availability to work
*Staff Preferred tickets for events and games
Pros
We get to see Games and Concerts
Cons
Part Time Only
Brach banker 3
Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJune 15, 2016
no job/work balance, loans , management, hardest part was the merger. i did not enjoy my stay. the company does not care about health issues.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
company does not value medical issues, goals unreachable
Great Company
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
While I worked at BB&T I felt so appreciated by everyone. The culture is phenomenal and there are many opportunities for advancement if you have the right mindset.
It was a good place to work in the early years of 2000.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 11, 2016
They put the customer first while still achieving all the bank goals. A typical day started with the employees reviewing the day and coming up with a plan for the day that accomplished all the necessary duties in a way that was good for customers and employees both. Management left the offices alone if we were succeeding. Co-workers were great. Hated leaving them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the office politics of certain co-workers but every job has those types. The most enjoyable part of the day was seeing/helping my customers and interacting with teammates.
Pros
Great health benefits, great work-life balance.
Cons
Office politics.
Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAJune 10, 2016
Interacting with clients and helping them grow financially. Day consists of speaking with clients on the phone and answering any questions that they may have.
Branch Banker IV (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 10, 2016
Knowing someone is the only way to move up within the company. Middle management is making the best sellers new managers to substitute the old ones, paying them low, believing that being a good seller actually makes you a good manager or leader.
Pros
Salary is very fair
Cons
Management, incentives
Good Benefits
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 9, 2016
good solid place to work
Conservative workplace
daily customer interaction
hour lunch
flex shifts
holidays off
phone work
productive base work and environment
call center setting
Pros
good benefits
Cons
its takes time to move up