BB&T

BB&T Employer Reviews

Great stable company to work for
IT Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee), Winston SalemJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
Great company with great people. Pay is on the low side. Best benefits ever. Great work life balance.
Fast pace environment and always keeping busy
Data Image Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: health benefits, 401k
This is a long period of sitting down, operating 2 computer screens, 10 key by sight with my speed of over 19,000 KSPH.
What I have learned from being a part of the BB&T is team work. If one individual is missing, its extra work for the rest of the employees and not only that, time management and deadlines are somewhat not completed on time.
The hardest – more... part of my job that I would say overall within my 10 years being employed at BB&T would be, remembering taking my breaks. Usually when I have work on the screens, I keep on working without noticing most of my employees are taking their breaks while I have not and missed mine.
The most enjoyable part about working with BB&T is that, when you get an opportunity to learn about other programs and helping out other departments and gaining information and more skills. – less
Favorite Job
Teller Supervisor/ Senior Teller (Former Employee), VAJuly 1, 2014
Worked hard but had the best opportunity for advancement. Everyone from Tellers to Regional Officers called each other by 1st names and seemed like we all cared about one another and the success of the bank.
Stepping on Others to get your way to the Top!
Certified Bank Teller (Former Employee), East TennesseeJune 29, 2014
This would be a great company to work for if they kept better tabs on their Branch Managers and their ability to function with their staff.
Good Work Environment
Certified Teller (Current Employee), Lanham, MDJune 27, 2014
Great place to work. Multicultural environment and wonderful clients and coworkers.
Used to be Great
Business Loan Recovery Manager, SVP (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 27, 2014
Changes in management have taken something that was good and made it difficult and un-enjoyable.
Not the best job by far
Migration Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: everything else
The office culture in treasury management was like crabs in a barrel. Not much room for advancement. Those who were advanced were not advanced based on their work but instead how good they got along with managers. Offered remote work but made it very difficult to ever use that option. There was little to zero diversity in the dept. Would NEVER go back – more... to that dept. I did like my co workers. We all were miserable. – less
Good place to work with good benefits.
ML Correspondent Lending Underwriter (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJune 25, 2014
BB&T is a good place to work. They have good benefits. I was there 18 years. The reason I left is because I was part of the most recent RIF.
Great Environment
Part-Time Teller (Current Employee), Ashland, VAJune 25, 2014
Enjoy going to work, amazing management. Coworkers are friendly.
Compensation & Advancement
Senior Bank Teller (Current Employee), Tucker, GAJune 24, 2014
I've gained Advancement & salary increase in less than a year.
Fun place to work
BANK TELLER (Current Employee), Gate CityJune 24, 2014
Easy going pace, nice and friendly management. The co-workers are very helpful. The hardest thing is learning on the guidelines and laws to follow.
Nice place to work minus Politics
Appraisal Engagement Specialist (Former Employee), Wilson, NCJune 24, 2014
This is a very nice place to work if you take away the politics of working for a big bank on the administration side. There is a lot of back and forth with management. The big dogs will also back stab each other quickly to get on top. Benefits are good and so is the environment. But stress from management makes the work environment very tense and uncomfortable.
great team and great company, had alot of time to help one another
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 24, 2014
My goal is to building a career to helping our community and customers achieve and reach their goals
in their financial lives or everyday lives. Gaining the company revenue through sales and service, I challenge myself for to any obstacles that arises and achieving the challenges by going above and beyond and being the go getter of any challenges. By
having – more... success in every career is working as a team and working together. – less
Productive Working Environment
Exec Assistant to Regional Branch Ops Mgr (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2014
Pros: i learn something new all the time.
I work closely with the Regional Branch Operations Manager and love being her "righthand man" I help her in all aspects of the job and some personal situations as well. I have been her assistant for 6 years and love my job. On a day to day basis, I will manage 15-20 associates that fill-in at the branches on a "as-needed" basis. I provide support for – more... 107 branches. I also make all her travel arrangements and completion of weekly expense reports. I have excellent communication skills and pride myself in my organizational skills. – less
Good Place to work, fun co-workers.
Trust Settlement Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 23, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long hours
Deadline pressure but I learned a lot which allowed me to advanced in my future careers. They rewarded excellence with performance bonuses. You felt like you contribution was appreciated. The trading floor environment took some getting used too but also helped me in future careers to tune out noise.
Fun and very family friendly company
BB&T Wealth Client Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 22, 2014
I have enjoyed working at BB&T over the past 3 years. They have supported me through a very difficult time in my life. They are very family focused, great work philosophy and the benefits are better than most companies that I have worked for.
Great benefits
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 17, 2014
This company knows how to take care of it's employees. 401k match, health care benefits, vacation time and holidays off. Working here can really be enjoyable.
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJune 13, 2014
Fast pace work. Great co-workers. Great working with the agents
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 11, 2014
Pros: great security, awesome community service work
I worked with a great group of people. Fast pace environment.
Meeting new clients everyday.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDJune 10, 2014
Meeting new clients everyday was the highlight of this position. No 2 days were ever the same.

1 2 3 4 5

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more