BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 1,179 reviews matching the search
Fulltime Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 3, 2017
A typical day at work includes opening the branch and making sure the branch is neat and clean, greeting and servicing clients, providing excellent client experience, and cash handling.

I've learned to broaden my cash handling skills as well as the different products and Services BB&T has to offer.

Management at BB&T is always helpful and are willing to work with you.

The workplace culture is professional as well as inviting and friendly.

The hardest part of the job would be when I didn't have an answer for a problem a client was facing, but in the end I pointed them in the right direction and put them in front of a specialist who had a solution.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone worked together always and created a fun yet professional atmosphere to work.
Hired through merger was awful
Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 3, 2017
Terrible experience, low pay, focus far more on sales then actually helping people with things they need. Bad training. Manager knew nothing. Old broken down system.
Cons
understaffed
Could be a fine place to work. Please see comments below
Appraiser Review Officer (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, King of Prussia and Media PaApril 3, 2017
Became an employee as the result of a bank merger. Accepted as a member of the appraisal review staff in a region that seemed to be over-staffed at the time of take-over. Laid off for that reason. Overall BBT management team seemed to be in sync, however, the regional manager seemed to be out of sync and dealing with their hourly requests was hard to deal with. Due to the conversion process involved in the conversion, the workplace culture was confusing. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job. Flexibility would also have be an enjoyable feature had it not been for the unpredictable nature of my immediate supervisor.
Productive fun place to work
Branch Banker (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLApril 2, 2017
Enjoy working for a great financial institution that value driven and does what is best for the client. The work environment is safe and sound. Client interaction is like family
fun workplace
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 1, 2017
Easiest customer service job I've ever worked.
Management is great and understandable.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when is your birthday, your team will decorate your desk when you're off on your birthday and get paid for it.
Better Company
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 31, 2017
My day time working hours 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. I had a good relation with my co employees and with my boss as well. For the first three years, I worked as a painter and then my boss assigned me as the air condition mechanic. Assisted others with their plumbing jobs. I enjoyed working with my co employees aside from their being helpful on the job I was working with. I was happy with my company and benefits that we received.
Pros
Received profit sharing and company pension plan
Great place to work...
Community Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure at BB&T. The company is Regional but very progressive at it pertains to mortgage. I moved around in the company and learned a great deal from the training provided.
Pros
Decisions can be made at a local level
Cons
none at this time...
Workplace
Community Branch Banker II (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMarch 29, 2017
person who does the schedules has no logic,they are short staffed.Unprofessional gossiping. Veteran tells everyone NOT to ask her about teller duties.
Pros
pays not bad
Cons
mean people
Good Job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAMarch 27, 2017
It is a good job is you don't need to make a lot of money. It pays typical for the type of job but it usually is for someone who has other means to supplement their income.
By far the best company I've worked for.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 26, 2017
Company at the time really exemplified taking care of their employees. Everyone were paid well and management were visible; not just dictators via email and conference calls.
contrator
NCHD Tech (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 25, 2017
They cancel contracts without notice. Other than that I thought it was a nice place to work. They weren't hiring perm at the time I was there however. I would have like to have stayed
Pros
nice place good people
Cons
They cancel contracts without notice
Great job and great people to work with
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 23, 2017
Everyone is friendly and the work schedule is very flexible. Depending on the department, supervisors are not knowledgeable in their positions. Training has declined over the years and as a result, employee moral has suffered. Overall, still a very good company to work for.
Pros
Work schedule and flexibility
Cons
Training has declined over the years.
fun place
Senior Teller/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALMarch 20, 2017
I got to meet a lot of people while working at this job. The management was also real nice to work for. This is one of the best jobs that I've ever had the pleasure of working for
People are very friendly, but goal oriented
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 20, 2017
People are very friendly, but goal oriented. It is very challenging, requiring a growth mindset, critical thinking, and the ability to multitask. Overall a good company to work for.
Pros
Goal oriented
Cons
Sometimes very cliqueish
Not paid enough for what is asked of you
Teller (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 20, 2017
I like the job and the people, but the sales goals are wack. My fellow employees are great and I adore them. Just being a teller is pretty easy and chill. But they ask you to do more and more and more and they don't pay you enough for a lot of the stuff you have to put up with. I don't even bring in $1000 a month. And the sales goals are assigned by people who have no idea what it's like inside the branch and then they just yell at you. The benefits are decent though.
Ok place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2017
BB&T is a good company to work for, but certain locations are better than others. Customers are dependent on locations of what attitude they will have.
productive
Personal Banker IV (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 20, 2017
Helped quite a few people. Culture was great. Very relaxed job. Management was not pushy about the sales. Right after I left there took off sales goals
Suwannee Ga
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 18, 2017
Do not apply to this branch. The collection Supervisor is bi-polar, their is a bunch of middle age children in the collection department. It's a very unstable environment that the supervisor takes part in. You will work on Sundays toward the end of the month with mandatory overtime no work life balance for this branch. No matter how many people are in and out this branch and advise H.R. of branch operations nothing will change.
Pros
Cons
Upper management
N/a
Sr. Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 17, 2017
I don't have a opinion on this company, while I still work there. However I do love my work family, they are my main reason for staying. My manager's are really good people.
Unorganized, unfocused, lack of technology to complete duties
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 17, 2017
This position was ever evolving depending on who was giving directives. No two directives were ever the same.

Position was part of a Sales driven mentality where production income was all that mattered. The higher the production income, the more the MLO's got away with.

Focus was protect the MLO and Bank at all costs - irregardless to what the effect was to the customers.

The closing process was conducted 90% through email. No actual computer system to conduct closing operations. The systems they do have are a "file storage" system only.

Until this company can upgrade their technology and operate in an efficient manner, I would stay away.

I also predict that if they do not upgrade withing the next two years, and with all the acquisitions they are trying to do to expand, year three might just see they collapsing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.