BB&T Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed working here and getting to know the staff and customers
Teller/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 16, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff and getting to know the customers. This was a great place to work while continuing my education.
Learning experience
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 16, 2016
Organization is constantly short staffed, was able to learn all functions of the branch. Always expected to do more due to staffing but was never considered for growth opportunities
Pros
M-F, no holidays
Cons
Pay does not match workload, Favoritism, Poor upper leadership, lack of growth opportunity, unreasonable sales goals
Extremely Stressful
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 14, 2016
They do not have the best benefits and there is not much support in certain regions. The hardest part of the job is getting help when you need it. You're often left out there on your own.
Cons
Extremely Stressful
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  NCApril 11, 2016
Business Analyst resposibilites. tracking the project status and updating the client and the technical team regarding the requirements
OK benefits; lacks TRUE leadership at a local level
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 10, 2016
Although I think BB&T was a great place to work for in the many years past, they are not as concerned for employees these days. Attrition has lead to skeleton crews, resulting in unhappy employees and clients. "Burnt out" employees is attributed to additional work load (through attrition) with out consideration of additional time or compensation to complete. Very poor local leadership. Very clear some are way out of their area of expertise, creating a misserable work place.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Very bad leadership at local level; poor compensation
Challenging as well as rewarding place to work...
Branch Banker IV (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAApril 8, 2016
Promote appropriate services/products to meet each clients individual need (Loans, Deposits, Investment & Insurance). My main goal daily is to help each and every client achieve financial security as well as manage existing account relationships with quality assurance. I consistently analyze and prioritize areas of concern. In addition I ensure accuracy as well as accountability in records, reports and documentation. Each and everyday I build my momentum by Maintaining a positive attitude while encouraging my team to use positive words of encouragement amongst one another throughout the day.
Great opportunities for advancement
Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCApril 4, 2016
Very employee oriented company. Wonderful benefits/compensations. Endless opportunties to advance in the banking industry. Fantastic training programs
A great bank that really takes care of its clients.
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLApril 3, 2016
Open checking accounts.
Close auto loans, unsecured loans, boat loans, HELOCs etc.
Reach out to local companies to introduce our business products.
Investments.
Wealth appointments.
A job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYApril 3, 2016
Work as teller can be rewarding you meet different people and can make connections outside of work. Work as a teller is demanding because you have to basically hand personal bankers jobs that they may not follow through with. But they also blame you for not meeting their goals on the branch and no one gives a helping hand to the tellers.
Great company, poor leadership in certain regions.
AAG Asset Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 2, 2016
I believe the company as a whole to be superb and willing to do what is best for its employees and customers. I had a bad manager, but do not think that is reflective of the company as a whole.
A lot of favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 29, 2016
When I initially got the job I was told that I would have a consistent schedule. With pretty much set days and hours. The only thing that was consistent was that I had to be at work from 1:30 pm to 10:30 pm. My days off were random and follow no particular pattern. At times I would even work 6 days straight to only have one day off just to come right back to work.

Our training class was only a week and what they train you on is completely different than what you see on the floor.

I was trained for resetting online banking passwords and security questions and one would think that it would be a piece of cake job. But no. The calls are constantly back to back almost everyday. And the clients are often angry because they've been locked out for the 5th or 6th time and they are tired of calling in and having to wait 45 minutes to speak with someone. When they escalate to a manager the managers won't take the call. And when the clients ask why they kept getting locked out we never had an answer for them. A lot of times we would make up things just to get them to stop complaining, because we honestly didn't know what was wrong with the system and of course neither did anyone else.

The management is a joke. There are a lot of great managers but most of them run away from their responsibilities by passing it off on the floor support who are just CSRs as well.

My manager in particular was very inconsistent and did not communicate properly with me in several situations where I had to miss work due to health reasons. Not to mention I found out I was "let go" from a new security
  more... guard 5 days after the fact. Due to a no-call no-show that never happened.

Overall I was very disappointed with my experience working there when in the beginning you are spoon fed these ideas that it's the best company to work for.
Pros
Birthday off, great benefits
Cons
Inconsistency, favoritism, unprofessional
Training
Wealth Management Associate II (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 28, 2016
The company does provide plenty of in-house training. If you want to grow within the company the oppertunities are there.
Limited time employed by BB&T
CIF Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAMarch 26, 2016
CIF department had to process all docs received by 3PM before the end of the day, so there was a good sense of urgency.

My supervisor was big on "not sweating the small stuff" and "everything can be fixed" when mistakes were made.

The hardest part of the job was concentrating on work when others in the department or the adjoining department were noisy.

The best part of the job was document review (POAs, trusts, corporate docs for business ID).
Fun work place
Client Relationship Officer, Banking (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCMarch 25, 2016
Enjoy working with the public. I really enjoyed helping my client with their financial needs. I was able to use my skill for working with mortgage companies.
A very great professional area to work in
Branch Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCMarch 25, 2016
Great opportunity of growth in the banking area, exceptional co-workers. Great work experience. The industry is very competitive and well ranked.
average
Branch Banker Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin VAMarch 21, 2016
its a corporation, it is hard work and you have to be very flexible. Its a fast place environment and you have to be willing to learn quickly and on your own.
Good
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 20, 2016
A good company to work for. I processed loans.I enjoyed working with the different companies Some departments show favoratism to certain employees and there are some employees that will be try to undermine people to supervisors just to try and look good and get ahead.
Develop and Implement Compliance and Regulatory Test
ML QUALITY CONTROL ANALYST III (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 19, 2016
Research and analyze emerging servicing-related industry actions and concerns with Line of Business
Prepare preliminary reports for first level of review, and rebuttals disputes
Perform comprehensive loan level and systems analyses of mortgage loan servicing operations for adherence to investor / insurer guidelines, state / federal regulation and bank policies
Analyze data and produce create quality control reports and make recommendation as to appropriate corrections
Lead and perform scheduled, comprehensive reviews of Mortgage Electronic Registrations Systems (MERS) operations and testing of mortgage loan servicing policies and procedures
Perform comprehensive loan level and systems analyses of mortgage loan servicing operations for adherence to investor/ insurer guidelines, state / federal regulation and bank policies
Perform scheduled testing of various mortgage loan servicing policies and procedures (Bank, CFPB, FHA, FHLMC, FNMA, USDA, and VA)
Overall enjoyed working with company
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 17, 2016
Typical day at work being mainly a commercial teller was becoming friends with the customers. Learned how to communicate with people. Management was friendly though was not always there when needed. Hardest part was taking care of customers and making sure you processed everything correctly. Enjoyed everything about being a teller.
Pros
Since bank was opened more than 40 hours/week tellers got a half day off
Cons
Other tellers at times became jealous and took having a good time with customers as flirtatious
Creative Management Team
Special Asset Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMarch 14, 2016
Our department consisted of three teams. BB&T provided regular team builder meetings for us to discuss problem areas that clients were having. This enabled adjusters to assist with these problems much faster for the good of the client & company.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Sunday work