BB&T

BB&T Employee Reviews

Life as a teller
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2016
I assist clients and non-clients in their daily transactions at the teller line, whether it be depositing, cashing checks, or just ordering debit cards. I have learned a lot in these past 4.5 years working at BB&T. I key in wires regularly, open safe deposit boxes, order debit cards and credit cards, along with learning about our products to better refer to both existing clients and to help non-clients get started with BB&T. Our management is great, they will help you when you get stuck on a problem to help you come up with a solution on anything and is always there to talk to also. Good management along with co-workers is a must have to be happy and have pride in your job and career.
Decent company; Great co-workers
Balancer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 4, 2016
I worked for BB&T for eight years in the Operations Center in Charleston, WV. As jobs go, it's a solid, secure job.

A typical day required keying data from images of checks and internal documents; balancing customer deposits.

Regarding management: there is a process in place encouraging Process Improvements. Management is more interested in improving processes streamlining operations rather than creative solutions which might improve the job culture. The type of person who fits into their culture best is someone who accepts direction with little or no question.

Co-workers were great. They are real people with real lives; loyal and supportive. I miss them most of all.

Two things have changed since I began working there as a balancer which made the job difficult for me: the change in schedule and the change in work priority. It is the nature of banking that Mondays and Fridays are the busiest days and that's when they need the most support in Operations. The last couple of years I worked at BB&T, my hours were shifted to work longer hours on Mondays & Fridays, and was frequently asked to volunteer to stay over beyond my scheduled hours on those days. I was only put in a position for overtime once, but several co-workers received overtime occasionally. The change in work priority shifted from balancing deposits to keying data from images. In the earlier years as a balancer, I balanced approximately 80-85% of my day and assisted in keying usually during the lunch hour rush. The last couple of years I spent the majority of my day keying.

In Feb 2013, software was
  more... added which was supposed to streamline the balancing function. Rarely do such large software changes go smoothly and this one was no exception; except that for the first year it was implemented it caused much more work than it saved. Our group spent much time gathering and documenting issues then sending them to Tech Support to help them identify problems that happened regularly hoping they would be fixed promptly. Months after sending that documentation, many of the same problems we were asked to document were still issues. The last year I worked for BB&T, that particular software was starting to finally work as intended, but there were still many workarounds required to balance deposits.  less
Pros
Great co-workers; few duties so it's easy to concentrate; good compensation (excellent benefits, moderate pay)
Cons
History of implementing software changes without fully testing, long hours on Mondays & Fridays, management style is "pass the buck" (days vs evenings), little opportunity for advancement
Great company to work for,great benefits
Senior Teller Hickory NC (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 27, 2015
BB&T is a good place to work. It has changed a lot in the past few years as I am sure that most banking institutes have. I have a few conflicts with the Saturday working schedules. Overall, I have to say that it is not a bad place to work but I am looking for something that fits my lifestyle a little better right now. A typical work day consists of opening the branch, working the night deposit bags.Preparing for the morning rush. Making sure that the work is scanned at a timely manner throughout the day. A trip to the ATM to retrieve the deposit envelopes daily. Balancing my cash drawer daily and closing the branch every evening. Hardest part of the job is making sure you cash checks properly, catching checks and money that may be fraudulent. Love my co-workers. We have a great time and we all get along very well together. My branch manager is great. He is wonderful to work for. Most of BB&T's management team are easy to work for, I just need a little more flexibility in my schedule at this time.
Pros
Seniority with vacation requests, flexible lunch times
Cons
Working Short Staffed, black out dates for vacations due to merger acuisitions
BB&T - Houston Central Texas
AVP (Current Employee) –  Central Texas RegionDecember 23, 2015
Great company to work for but the original bank culture is despairing due to other employees and management coming from big banks they are only are custom to push and push sales no building relationships with clients. Regional leadership is only concentrating on sales and not on develop the management team and bankers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay
Regional Acceptance Corporation subsidiary BB&T
Collector 1 (Former Employee) –  Suwanee GADecember 21, 2015
worked at the Suwanne location. The only real problem was the Branch Manager he doesn’t care at all what the Collection Manager does to her employees. The collection Manager was abusive and pathological liar. The overall job was easy and other employees were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
good benefits, good pay
Cons
managent (both branch and collections)
See Resume
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 19, 2015
Peak time teller
- Take deposits for clients
- Updated clients accounts
- balanced at the end of the day
- open new accounts
- sold products
Cons
Productive and pleasant work environment
Investment Banking, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2015
Investment banking for middle market companies. Great exposure to various industries including: industrials, distribution, manufacturing, business services and food & beverage.
Great people and if you like financial world it is a good place to be
Leadership Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 9, 2015
Great people, I just was not a banker. Everyone you meet is wonderful and they are an ethically sound company. Pay is fair and good benefits.
Employee Training
Branch Banker Team Leader I (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 6, 2015
I like the constant training the company provided it's employees. Their vision and mission is to be the "Best of the Best".
Good Place to Work
ML SM Delivery Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 5, 2015
Great benefits. Good mangers. Managers do not micro-manage employees to death. They give you your work. They let you be. As long as you do a good quality job and finish it by the time allowed then they let you be.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not flexible with schedule hours--must be there 8-5 pm only

Want to know more about BB&T?

Ask a question
Good Company
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 4, 2015
The company has a family oriented culture. It is becoming, however, more corporate and political in nature. As you go higher, the politics are not pretty.
Flexible Schedule
Certified Bank and ATM Teller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 3, 2015
Good company to work for. Flexible with scheduling. Big on family time and values. Excellent training paid for by company.
Again, loved the people I worked with!
Teller & Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PADecember 2, 2015
At the bank (then named "First Federal S&L") I worked as an Accounting Clerk proving out the work of 6 branches. I was also in charge of balancing accounts and preparing some tax information.
Pros
Fun environment - great people
Cons
poor compensation
a great job
Loss Mitigation Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 2, 2015
This job was everything, the company was great. Managers were a little choosy with favorites but all around a great employer
Pros
to many to list
Cons
no part-time
I love my job, Love the clients, but the industry is changing.
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  FLNovember 29, 2015
Heavy Cash handling and Client service. Staffing has been cut to a minimum across the board. Executive Management passes along the message of servicing our clients needs, and taking ownership. Regional Management stresses sales to the clients, getting clients in and out, and having clients servicing needs escalated to not tie up branch staff. For someone that is a firm believer of taking ownership of a situation presented to them it is hard passing things off to other people that may or may not share the same beliefs. The banking industry as a whole is becoming more what can I sell you and less how can I help you.

BB&T does offer a 401k with matching, a pension, medical, vision, dental, disability, ad&d, and more.
Pros
Clients, Benefits
Cons
Lack of staffing, Banking Industry changing
Good Place to work, Advancement opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 26, 2015
BB&T is turning into the new American Express for the Triad. You work a true 8 hour shift and have your weekends free. Management is solid and will work with you if you do your job well. Due to several mergers in the last year there is room for advancement. This is also one of very few companies that offers a pension plan in addition to a 401K today. It's a solid career for a new generation of workers with old fashioned security and benefits.
Pros
Managers will work with your schedule, cafeteria on site
Cons
Disorganization in some departments, lack of communication between departments, no overtime
BB&T is a great company to work for!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 24, 2015
I have worked with BB&T for a while now and they treat there customers and employees with respect. They are an open minded company that keeps there employees happy!! I've enjoyed working with BB&T and I would refer them to anyone!
Excellent company
Regional Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 23, 2015
A typical day includes new loan and loan renewal underwriting, ensure adherence to policy, working with credit partners to determine appropriate structure and pricing, provide strong client service, administering loan and renewal closings, and prospect for new business and relationships.
Pros
Excellent benefits, strong ethics and culture
great company
Branch Banker (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLNovember 22, 2015
Company really showed they cared about the employees during personal time. Was rewarded when you did something good. Was called by the upper management to say how could you were doing.
Pros
benefits from day one
Cons
hours
Easy atmosphere with excellent benefits
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 22, 2015
Great atmosphere to work in. We work together as a team as well as individually. We provide excellent customer service and offer advice to other employees when we feel the situation could have been handled differently.