Pros: meeting and getting to know all the great clients, opportunities to advance
Cons: short breaks, slow location
A typical day at the bank included the following:
• Maintained weekly sales goals of branch products by bringing in new business; operations; customer service and teller activities.
• Oversaw daily transactions such as deposits, withdrawals and payments.
• Cross-trained to work on both the sales and retail sides of the bank
• Managed sales of branch products, new business, operations, customer service, and teller activities.
• Maintained excellent customer service skills even in strenuous situations.
• Assessed and delegated work assignments to ensure a sound and productive work environment.
• Trained & supervised new employees regarding balancing vaults, cash draws, banking policies and procedures.
• Conducted routine closing procedures on a daily basis.
As the vault teller, on top of maintaining my drawer, I also handled the vault, ordering cash for the branch and the ATM and keeping up to date with the excel sheet of the weekly cash flow. The most challenging part about this job was dealing with such a slow branch and coming up with new ways to bring in new business. Also adjusting to very different management styles was difficult as well, but through lots of communication and compromise we were able to work though our difference and adjust as a team. Once we all were on the same page, this was a very enjoyable place to come to.