BB&T

BB&T Employer Reviews

Good Company, lots of changes
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Salem, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: vacation and medical
Cons: teller line support added to the banker role makes sales goals harder to achieve
Wonderful People, however I do not feel like there is much growth or opportunity at the office I am in.

The hardest part of the job is meeting all the sales goals in this challenging economy where most of the professionals I encounter are just trying to avoid more fees and costs. Credit is also an issue because you must have credit approval for loans and credit cards which are not always approved.

I do enjoy helping clients achieve financial success, and resolving their anxieties and problems when I am able. I always feel like I have accomplished something good if I have been able to help someone.
n/a
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Bartow, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Although changes are positive, company is enduring plenty of changes that cause many employees to feel abandoned and has resulted in low morale
learning culture
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), herndon vaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: health care
I'm a people person, enjoyed connected with customer and created loyal clients for the company.
Flexible schedule
team work and building relationship
Great co-workers and a comfortable environment
IT Business Consultant (Current Employee), Wilson, NCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: better than average matching 401k, great co-workers in my department
Cons: upper level management says one thing but then acts another way
As system administrator, I oversee all user activity within the disaster recovery application that we use for planning and testing, as well as monitor all business continuity plans within the IT department across the enterprise.
I have increased my knowledge of programming language for writing and running macro's in SQL.
I have a strong immediate management team, but have grown increasingly frustrated with those in the upper chain of command. We have consistently exposed gaps in various areas of the business continuity program, only to be negatively viewed, but then when those same concerns are presented from an outside source (consultants, contractors, etc), it is accepted as truth.
My co-workers are very enjoyable and we sometimes socialize outside of business hours, as we enjoy each others company.
Review
Test Analyst II (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 3, 2015
It's a decent place to work. The executives attempt to live the Mission, Vision and Values of established for the company.
Not a family friendly work place
General (Former Employee), Charleston, WVFebruary 3, 2015
I worked in the operations center for BB&T, and it was a place that expected you to put them ahead of your family, and in the long run, I could not do that.
Strickly commission
Sales and Finance Representative (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: could have fun with your team mates and met a lot of great people.
Cons: stressful atmosphere.
The job required long hours including late nights and weekends. The pay plan kept changing and upper management didn't seem to be in touch with their employees.
Flexible work environment
Commercial Client Service Agent (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Employees are offered the flexibility they need to maintain adequate worklife balance with varing hours. Also, health and wellness is prioritized. Various equipment are provided in the workout room to maintain fitness. Overall, a good place to work.
Friendly Enviornment/Learn Alot (Great training)
E-Mail Associate (Current Employee), whiteville, ncJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: bad dental insurance
This job is wonderful, I have learned alot in 3 years. All of my coworkers are very friendly. Hours at work are amazing, There was really no hard parts to this job. In three years I have been trained in 12 different jobs and I am a back support agent for these various departments anytime they need help.
BB&T
Corporate Banking Analyst (Current Employee), Salem, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Good culture. Ideal for those wanting to work 9-5 without question. Lack of innovation can be frustrating.
Typical Bank
senior teller (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: pay, and work/life balance
small bank with big bank options, processing is outdated and focus is geared towards sales. not much room to advance people who work for this bank are new into banking and have never worked for another bank.
Very good company to work for, a lot of room for promotion and growth.
Client Service Agent (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great hours and benefit package.
BB&T is a great company to work for. The hours are consistent and you are able to enjoy your evenings, weekends and most holidays off. They offer an excellent benefit package.
Awesome benefits.
Ops Division Dept Project Analyst II (Process Eng) (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
Was given the opportunity to expand my knowledge in current technology.
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Lumberton NCJanuary 19, 2015
The BB&T call center was an awesome place to work for a college student. They were very flexible and worked with my schedule. Overall the experience and work atmosphere was productive
Management tend to change as well as department procedures.
Treasury Mgmt. Support Officer/Bus. Dep. Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Analyzing business accounts, answering to emails and phone calls.
Management was being restructured and changes within the department occurred. Down-sizing of staff occurred. Most enjoyable part of the job was working independently not being micro - managed,
Good company with great people
Insurance Strategist Private (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: management offered little support
I enjoyed my time at BB&T and learned so much during my time there. This job provided me with many skills and knowledge that I believe will prove valuable in my next position.
I loved working at BB&T Bank in Greensboro Md.
Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, MDJanuary 18, 2015
I loved working at BB&T Bank in Greensboro Md. Great Staff. The job was not hard because our Branch worked as a team. We all were very willing to help each other.
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 18, 2015
Good company with established people, fun environment. Offer great training programs.
Great place to work and advance in the banking world
Full - Time Vault Teller (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: meeting and getting to know all the great clients, opportunities to advance
Cons: short breaks, slow location
A typical day at the bank included the following:
• Maintained weekly sales goals of branch products by bringing in new business; operations; customer service and teller activities.
• Oversaw daily transactions such as deposits, withdrawals and payments.
• Cross-trained to work on both the sales and retail sides of the bank
• Managed sales of branch products, new business, operations, customer service, and teller activities.
• Maintained excellent customer service skills even in strenuous situations.
• Assessed and delegated work assignments to ensure a sound and productive work environment.
• Trained & supervised new employees regarding balancing vaults, cash draws, banking policies and procedures.
• Conducted routine closing procedures on a daily basis.

As the vault teller, on top of maintaining my drawer, I also handled the vault, ordering cash for the branch and the ATM and keeping up to date with the excel sheet of the weekly cash flow. The most challenging part about this job was dealing with such a slow branch and coming up with new ways to bring in new business. Also adjusting to very different management styles was difficult as well, but through lots of communication and compromise we were able to work though our difference and adjust as a team. Once we all were on the same page, this was a very enjoyable place to come to.
Excellent bank to work with great experienced people. Nice team member , helped each other in needed.
Creative Payment Solutions, Returns Specialist (Former Employee), Wilson ,NCJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: short breaks, health care, vacation .
Good bank with excellent co-workers and great benefits. Flexible work hours and co-operated co-workers made the tough work easy.

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more

BB&T Salaries