BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 1,275 reviews matching the search
Great Benefit Offerings
Collections Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 16, 2017
The benefits package that is offered by Bank of America is comparable to other companies of the same size. The vacation time is also equivalent to many companies in the area.
Collaborative culture
Serves as lead (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 16, 2017
My typical day consisted of meetings with stakeholders. I facilitated requirements gathering sessions between stakeholders, project teams. I communicated project status and kept project moving in forward direction.
a very good place to work
Developer/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 16, 2017
a caring and supportive atmosphere with a culture that emphasizes a growth mindset

there are many projects and tasks so work-life balance is always a challenge
Pros
management provides grand visions
Cons
job security is questionable
A good company to work for.
Certified Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Hildebran, NCMay 16, 2017
A typical day begins with following procedures to enter the bank. Then the work begins. Night drops, answering telephone calls, pulling reports, opening doors, waiting on clients, balancing cash drawer, etc. Every day is different and you learn something every day.
Benefits
Cons
Trying to answer phones while waiting on a line of clients.
Banking
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCMay 16, 2017
BB&T is a good company to work for. they have good benefits and the pay is good. Dealing with the customers can be difficult sometimes but overall it is a great job.
Worst Regional Bank to work for.
VICE PRESIDENT/REGIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreMay 16, 2017
I was hired as a small business lender. Company looked at several small deals and would not take the risks. In stead of talking about the profile of loans they just make you get more and reject each one, one at a time. Then they start raising the bar on both credit and revenue. They don't tell you that they have replaced your position 5 times in the last 5 years and that you don't stand a chance to make your goals. They also ask you to start looking for another job, no help with placement, and then reject your unemployment compensation saying you quit??

This is a terrible job and company!!!
Potential for a great Job
Branch Banker I (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg WVMay 16, 2017
Potentially a stress free, easy to learn job with great benefits and hours. Not many opportunities to move up in the company without relocating. Not an option to work from home.
lack of one-on-one training
Phone 24 Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 15, 2017
Very stressfull, back-to-back calls, no time to breathe in between calls, management not professional. Benefits were excellent. Management had their favorites
benefits
Cons
stress
Banker
Banker lll (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2017
great carrier as a Banker , you will always be informed on business increase , and be very good as an accounting , you get sale motivate to help other and get paid more
Pros
a great carrier path
Cons
manager are not willing to teach is self learning
Great company to work for
Branch Banker IV (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCMay 15, 2017
BB&T is a great company to work for. I have been there a total of 12 years working in many different areas of the bank but primarily as a Branch Banker in the Wake Forest area. I am one of the top performer over the entire time at BB&T. I have been in the top 5 of the Triangle region for 5 out the last 6 years in sales. I feel that BB&T has a lot to offer as far as compensation. It is one of the only banks still around that offer not only a 401k that is matched but a pension. I am looking to learn something new and to move into a new role. I love assisting clients in making great financial choices that will benefit them immediately but also in the future.
Due to some regulatory changes, BB&T changed our compensation packages at Branch Bankers that have impacted my overall annual salary.
Pros
Vacation and Time off paid holidays
Cons
Lower Pay
Teller
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 15, 2017
It's very enjoyable to work here and see a wide variety of people daily. I have learned several systems on the computer and many laws through this job.
not wonderful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 15, 2017
As a ZHT you are not treated the same and do notn have move up potential.can only apply for on position at a time makes it hard to move up in any way.
fine
Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2017
Fine place to work for everyone experience will be different some good some bad. didn't work there long due to schedule conflict but pay was very good.
Satisfactory environment
General Ledger Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Nash Street Wilson, NCMay 12, 2017
A typical day included balancing ledgers, making phone calls and data entry. This position was not a good fit for me as the opportunity to advance was very limited.
Pros
Days only, no weekend
Cons
Limited advancement opportunity.
Great work-life balance
Senior Content Strategist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 11, 2017
Of course, the balance depends on your project and team, but I was very happy with the work-life balance at BB&T. Most people leave the office at 5pm. Some log back on later at night, but you won't find people working in the office late at night.
Stressful
Portfolio Risk Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2017
Stressful and sometimes unbalanced. Managers are nice and best for employees. However senior management is out of touch and favors LDP employees....
Operation/Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 11, 2017
BB&T is a great company for employment, business day to day work is very repetitive with your duties, and depending upon the department working for. Most enjoyable part of the job were on Fridays we mostly had luncheons.
Summary
Employee (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 11, 2017
Employees, including managers are nice and an asset.
Systems are 'antiquated', and the commercial credit perspective is conservative.
For younger employees starting their career they have great training and development programs.
Retail Banking Day
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 8, 2017
I would imagine that working here is similar to every other bank. Normal day involves customer service including opening accounts, problem resolution, building relationships with clients etc,. If you like business development and customer service working in retail banking is a good place to learn and hone various skills that you can take and apply to pretty much any career at any company.
Pros
off on federal holidays, good benefits, good growth opportunities
Cons
have to work weekends
Not worth the benefits
Teller (Former Employee) –  London, KYMay 8, 2017
It's sounds appealing to be a part time teller with full benefits especially for a working mother, however, once hired they don't stand by what they telll you. A day off through the week and so on. Ended up working 5 days a week for 20-25 hours. Also expected you to be available if you do get the day off. Definitely have staffing and management issues. Almost Always short staffed, causing long waits and angry clients. Don't apply... most miserable job I have ever had.
Pros
Benefits for part time tellers
Cons
Always short staffed, highly stressful, poor training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.