BB&T Employee Reviews in United States

Steer the other way.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 8, 2016
For the location I worked at Management is HORRIBLE! You have a manager that is so unprofessional and tries to be loud in the lobby like it isnt a professional place. You have your community bankers gathering in each others offices singing loud, dancing, making videos, and manager right there encouraging it! Manager ignores calls and avoid customers looking to open new loans. Community bankers also ignore phone ringing in branch. Tellers are over worked and not given enough credit!!!! You have to share a vacation calendar with other branches AND community bankers dont have to follow it because they can cancel their vacation on the day of all because its raining! Have some who call out "sick" but still show up to the work place looking perfectly fine and are NOT SICK! For this location steer the other way. Insurance is ridiculous as well. And management dont believe in days off so if your 15 or 20 hr you will show up a lot of days to work 2 or 3 hrs
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management. Insurance. Poor customer service.
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 25, 2016
I learned alot working at BB&t as it was my first job. I come to work everyday processing transactions and working with helpful team members who were willing to help when i asked for it. Everyone at work was nice and respectful, no one never had a attitude and was really patient. The management there was great. I would say the hardest part of my job was processing cashier checks, but the most enjoyable part of my job was working with friendly team members who didnt mind helping me.
Pros
Team members were helpful
Cons
Not enough training time
Wonderful bank to work for
(BB&T) - Business Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 2, 2016
- A typical day involved assisting loan officers with customer service, loan document preparation and closing loans.

- Learned a lot about small business loans and improved computer skills.

- The management was enjoyable to work for and very supportive.

- The Co-workers were all very nice and helpful.

- The hardest part of the job was legally binding liens.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was teamwork.
Pros
Friendly supportive management and staff
Cons
Complicated legally binding lien process
Every day is a learning experience. Confidentiality of client files and updated information is a must in the banking industry.
Client Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NC 28472June 24, 2016
Answer telephone and maintain client information files. Support of branch by maintaining and updating client files and research as necessary. Keeping up to date of privacy and banking regulations. Participate in mergers and keeping records up to date.
Pros
Flexible schedule when needed and great benefits.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement.
Develop and Implement Compliance and Regulatory Test
ML QUALITY CONTROL ANALYST III (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 19, 2016
Research and analyze emerging servicing-related industry actions and concerns with Line of Business
Prepare preliminary reports for first level of review, and rebuttals disputes
Perform comprehensive loan level and systems analyses of mortgage loan servicing operations for adherence to investor / insurer guidelines, state / federal regulation and bank policies
Analyze data and produce create quality control reports and make recommendation as to appropriate corrections
Lead and perform scheduled, comprehensive reviews of Mortgage Electronic Registrations Systems (MERS) operations and testing of mortgage loan servicing policies and procedures
Perform comprehensive loan level and systems analyses of mortgage loan servicing operations for adherence to investor/ insurer guidelines, state / federal regulation and bank policies
Perform scheduled testing of various mortgage loan servicing policies and procedures (Bank, CFPB, FHA, FHLMC, FNMA, USDA, and VA)
Paid well but was boring
Payment Solutions Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 6, 2015
I have worked lockbox for over 10 years and must say this location was behind times, technology wise. If you're used to running high speed equipment, you will not find that here. Processes were done manually, making the day very long. You have to depend on others to complete mundane tasks before you can go home which meant you never new what time you were going to leave that day. Its a very small workforce in which people have been there for years, so do not expect to advance within the department. You would have to transfer to one of the larger locations out of state.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
No advancement, behind on technology, very long work days
Great company, good benefits, good people
Commercial Credit Administration Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 9, 2015
I really like the people the company hires. Understandably speaking, the environment can be a little dry as the daily requirements of the job focus solely on productivity and maximizing your productivity (much like a factory) and your quality.

Great if you want a secure job that pays well at the entry-level.

Has a good career path, but limited and narrow choices.

Management in the department can be hierarchal.
Pros
Hour lunches, autonomy
Cons
Slow advancement opportunities
Productive workplace,never a dull moment.
Cash Support Associate II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2015
My day consist of calling branches and client's providing the perfect client experience. I problem solve about 75% of the day. Work with other departments clearing items collecting funds owed to the bank etc.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
It's like working at an insane asylum
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 1, 2016
You are working on a with minimal employees--
You are basically a number when it comes down to it instead of a valued employee-- Manager has between 2-3 offices and is always pre-occupied with her phone, emails, or texting to give undivided attention to you when you are trying to meet with her. Management does not follow up you, leaving you in limbo. Tells you one thing, then it does not happen; I inquired about another position, told that I would be able to have it, the manager stated she just needed to contact HR-- a few days later it was announced that the position was given to someone else.
Co-workers are okay to work with, but are unhappy with their job/company but are afraid to say anything to senior management since they need their jobs. There is a negativity in the office.There are a lot of co-workers that call out on a regular basis.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients and help ensure they are happy and satisfied, although there are a lot of complaints about the branch being short staffed and having to wait for an extended period of time,
Pros
Helping the clients
Cons
Not allowed any overtime, working with limited staff/frequent call outs
60 hour weeks expected
IT (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2015
I was exempt and told point blank: we expect you to work a minimum of 60 hours per week. I worked 7 of 8 holidays without compensation and averaged 65 hours per week. After working 54 hours in one week, my manager tried to make me take a day PTO when I wanted Friday off. That after already working 54 hours in the week.
BB&T is not a people oriented company and they are off shoring software development and other jobs to India while laying off workers in the U.S.
They presented me with my new work schedule: 9 AM to 9 PM M-F (60 hours per week minimum), That's when I quit.
Pros
none really.
Cons
poor management, absurd hours, working conditions simply bad.
Excellent Place to Work
EMPLOYMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 27, 2015
Can't say enough wonderful things about working at BB&T. All the employees I came in contact with were exceptional. Very professional environment. Management works hard to keep employees informed of what's going on. Kudos to the CEO for caring about his employees.

Great place to advance your career. Positive people to be around. Professional. Team works together. BB&T follows their core values and makes sure employees do to. Wish I had never left.
Pros
Great people to work with. Management excellent.
Cons
No Career Advancement in the HR department
Opportunities for Improvement
Project Office Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 28, 2016
A typical day provides you the opportunity to work with skilled, dedicated team members. Management in Project Office on the other hand is focused on process rather than the success of the project, which sometimes deviate. Process and structure adds value but over process burdens the projects. I would not recommend a position in Project Office.
Pros
Team Members and skilled and dedicated
Cons
Management has lost focus
Enjoyable atmosphere, and flexibility.
Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day started with checking a list of closed accounts and making sure everything was done correctly with no errors. If there were errors then it was my responsibility to take care of balancing them out correctly. Then BB&T had a system to work through a queue and resolve customer requests on their accounts. This included and was no limited to Encoding Errors, Posting Errors, AMT Errors, balancing check books, & closing accounts. I enjoyed the flexibility of being able to work independently as well as working with a team.
Pros
Gave me a good challenge most days, something different everyday
Cons
writing procedures for every task we did
Account Manager and Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 24, 2015
overall it was a good place to work with good benefits the hours were bad and management was lacking in experience and professionalism
Productive Place to work
Foreclosure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 26, 2015
BB&T is an amazing place to work. Management team is great and they really understand work/life balance. Advancement is hopeful with this company. Salary and compensation is amongst the best of all the companies I have ever worked for.
Helping people in a professional atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2016
What I enjoyed most about my time as a teller for BB&T was being able to help people. It was fun to see the smiles of satisfaction from people cashing their paychecks. I enjoyed getting to know and building professional relationships with the customers who came in regularly. My days consisted of processing a variety of transactions and I found the work to be enjoyable.
Productive workplace that taught me a lot about sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 26, 2016
The office I worked in taught me about family above all. We came to work to do our job, but we were there to help people who became a lot like our family. It wasn't much like any other job you hear about - how people dread their jobs. I actually enjoyed going to work and I enjoyed helping my clients. But after so long I missed out on too much of my children's lives.
Great Company
Retail Lending Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 25, 2015
BB&T is a great company. It has amazing benefits but personally there seems to be no room for growth professionally and financially.
It was a good experience
Special Assets Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed the work experience and knowledge that was gained from working at BB&T. I handles past due accounts and i done whatever i could to help the client bring the account current. If it was an extension that was needed i tried my best to help them qualify but we have to realize we are human just as well as the customer and it could be us on the other end of the phone..
Great firm
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCAugust 8, 2015
Highly competent management, a business casual dress code, and great benefits. Compensation may slightly lag industry standards. Overall great company.