BB&T

BB&T Employer Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Wheaton, MDAugust 26, 2014
I enjoyed my employment with BB&T. Management is very hands-on and seek to connect with the employees.
My current position with BB&T
Certified Senior Teller (Current Employee), Dacula, GAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: working with great team, get to process lots of paper work and learn operations
Cons: work place can be dangerous and i dealt with a lot of fraud
I handle transactions and do my best to follow government and bank procedures. I enjoy meeting different kinds of people but I am much better at working the operations side of my position. I enjoy running reports and doing the paper work. I have an amazing team of highly intelligent individuals and I respect every single one of them for the energy and – more... positivity they bring every day. My branch manager and supervisor are the kindest and most admirable people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The hardest part of my job is being unable to make a client happy or fix a complicated situation. The best part of my day is coming to work and making my clients laugh and getting to know people's stories. – less
source of Automation Experience
Lead QA Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 21, 2014
Fun work Place.
Fun work Place.Learnt QTP skills extensively.
Good Management Experience .
excellent work environment
Mortgage Underwriter II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2014
Decent staff and a great leader.
I'm looking for a new family staff to move forward and capture more knowledge.
Productive and fun
Certified Relationship Banker II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i learned as much as i could to use elsewhere.
Cons: lazy manager
Got along well with co-workers.
Enjoyed helping my clients, doing research, traveled to other branches to work as acting manager.
Enjoyed my time with BB&T. Good solid bank.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 18, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities. good sales merits were given.
Cons: i do not recall at this time.
Managed branch office and staff.
Helped and conducted training for staff as needed.
Solicited new business through professional and community activities.
Took applications for Mortgage, Consumer and Equity Lines of Credit.
Filled in on the teller line and customer service when needed.

Many aspects of banking.

Management was very supportive.

Co-workers – more... were easy to work with and enjoyable.

Turning in my resignation when I moved to Phoenix, AZ

Being able to tell my staff what a great job they were doing. Giving good reviews and helping my customers. – less
Very productive and family place to work.
MORTGAGE LENDING SPECIALIST I (Former Employee), Wilson, NCAugust 15, 2014
Pros: pay and benifits are top notch.
Cons: there is no guarentee about job sercurity.(anywhere)
I would still be at BB&T with the Mortgage Lending Group if my job wasn't eliminated. They are a wonderful group to work for and so much fun. I will truly miss my BB&T family.
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Wilson, NCAugust 13, 2014
Coming in at 8am and off at 515pm with an hour lunch. The hardest part of my job is when a correspondent calls and pulling old loans that have been funded or keyed to fix them. Then having to do tickets, the right tickets for the correction to go through the system. The most enjoyable part is when I hit my quota for the day.
Excellent place to work & plenty of opportunity for advancement.
FINANCIAL CENTER MANAGER/LEADER (Current Employee), Winder, GAAugust 11, 2014
A typical day will prompt lots of client interaction & I almost always get a change to help someone financially. That's the best part of the job.
you will not move up
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2014
I worked very hard for a company who wouldn't care about me if I was a regular person. I also tried to move up and wasn't afforded the opportunity.
productive and fun branch to work
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
My day started with getting coffee ready for clients.
Checking list for clients on the overdraft list and helping make decision to pay or return.
I dealt with clients all day opening accounts and helping with any needs or concerns the might have with their account.
I worked well with my co-workers and we worked hard and had fun doing it.
The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was getting to know my clients and being able to help with their needs.
The hardest part of my job was finding time to make outside calls – less
great client focus
Certified Branch Banker III (Current Employee), Salem, NCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, strong team environment
Cons: high turn over, constant changes in various systems, operations, and product offerings
strong conservative bank with strong sales culture. primary focus is providing a perfect client experience. position is demanding and requires efficient multi tasking and attention to detail. employer provides adequate training much is on the job.
This is a team work company full of opportunities.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), DurhamAugust 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Managing personal and classified information for clients, opening, closing, and maintenance of client’s accounts, customer service, clerical work, manage all banking services for clients, following the bank procedures, and processing different client’s transactions.
Difficult Advancement
Teller (Former Employee), Fallston, NCAugust 4, 2014
Once you are hired into a position, you're pretty much stuck there.
Perfect Client Experience
Certified Senior Teller/Vault Teller (Current Employee), Chesterfield, VAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: cmeeting new clients and helping them with their financial needs
Cons: travel i live far from mine
Typical work day is awesome, I see new faces and new experiencesone client at a time. I learned to use my judgement and intuition when dealing with transactions. I have been there for Five yearsand have gained some speed surprising clients with how fast I process transactions with accuracy.
Merchant Services
Customer Services Representative I (Former Employee), Wilson, NCJuly 31, 2014
Cons: lack of care for clients or employees
I worked for BB&T nearly a year & I must say that I've never worked for an employer such as this. I've always worked in an environment where the clients (customers) are top priority. This is/was not the case with Merchant services department. Management was very lenient & careless about the clients. Mostly advising escalated calls to be routed to management – more... voicemail, where management would rather paint fingers nails & socialize among employees than to attend to the clients need directly. Other Employees truly performed their duties as implemented in their job description, however, other employees with special privilege of being "BFF's" with management socialized & barely worked at all. In my professional opinion, BB&T is an extraordinary company, but room for professional growth & progression starting in this department is slim to no chance at all. As it custom to submit a two weeks notice to a current employer before starting another job with another employer, I was discharged from BB&T the day following submitting my letter of resignation due to violation of the code of ethics policy being that I was hired by Wells Fargo. In my meeting with management, I wasn't given a review of the code of ethics policy, I was given nothing to sign as the ENTIRE meeting was verbal & I was discharged WITHOUT PAY (Even while having OVER a week of vacation time to utilize). YES PEOPLE, two weeks prior to starting my new job, I was jobless WITHOUT PAY all communicated to me via management, all VERBAL. I was told that I was still rehireable with BB&T but honestly...I would NEVER work for BB&T ever again. I should've known, that if management cared less about the clients, what would make ME, the employee, any different? – less
Good Place to Start a Career
Loss Mitigation Specialis (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 30, 2014
It was a great place to work for a while but there was definitely no growth potential like I was lead to believe in the beginning. Most of the management team was good but there were a few that took advantage of their great employees to get themselves to the next level. The most difficult part of the job was the lack of knowledge from some management – more... on what the job actually entailed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people stay in their homes and helping them work through financial hardships. – less
Productive Fun Enviorment.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 29, 2014
Very Pleasant. Enviorment I have learned a great deal of information workin for BB&t. Co-workers became family, and management was one of the best that I have worked for. They were very helpful and informative and never was there any micro-managing.
Enjoyable, productive and great place to build expierence.
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 27, 2014
-performing daily transactions. Such as, deposits, withdrawal, cash handling, cross selling, and client problem solving if needed.

-Always performing exceptionally, and being able to figure out ways to better improve ones skills as well as client needs.

-ALways being able to be a team player and helping out my co-workers to better serve clientel and – more... to keep the day moving.

- The most enjoyable part of my day at work was knowing that I was able to help a client in need and them leaving with a smile and grateful attitude towards BB&T. – less
Love BB&T!
Community Business Banker III (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 24, 2014
Great place to work, however, low pay compared to other banks. Ability to help clients and do what you should do-help people. Love this bank.

About BB&T

BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through – Read more