BB&T Employee Reviews in United States

Good
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 20, 2016
A good company to work for. I processed loans.I enjoyed working with the different companies Some departments show favoratism to certain employees and there are some employees that will be try to undermine people to supervisors just to try and look good and get ahead.
Develop and Implement Compliance and Regulatory Test
ML QUALITY CONTROL ANALYST III (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 19, 2016
Research and analyze emerging servicing-related industry actions and concerns with Line of Business
Prepare preliminary reports for first level of review, and rebuttals disputes
Perform comprehensive loan level and systems analyses of mortgage loan servicing operations for adherence to investor / insurer guidelines, state / federal regulation and bank policies
Analyze data and produce create quality control reports and make recommendation as to appropriate corrections
Lead and perform scheduled, comprehensive reviews of Mortgage Electronic Registrations Systems (MERS) operations and testing of mortgage loan servicing policies and procedures
Perform comprehensive loan level and systems analyses of mortgage loan servicing operations for adherence to investor/ insurer guidelines, state / federal regulation and bank policies
Perform scheduled testing of various mortgage loan servicing policies and procedures (Bank, CFPB, FHA, FHLMC, FNMA, USDA, and VA)
Overall enjoyed working with company
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 17, 2016
Typical day at work being mainly a commercial teller was becoming friends with the customers. Learned how to communicate with people. Management was friendly though was not always there when needed. Hardest part was taking care of customers and making sure you processed everything correctly. Enjoyed everything about being a teller.
Pros
Since bank was opened more than 40 hours/week tellers got a half day off
Cons
Other tellers at times became jealous and took having a good time with customers as flirtatious
Creative Management Team
Special Asset Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMarch 14, 2016
Our department consisted of three teams. BB&T provided regular team builder meetings for us to discuss problem areas that clients were having. This enabled adjusters to assist with these problems much faster for the good of the client & company.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Sunday work
Amazing Company with great Values!!
Certified Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 14, 2016
I have worked for BB&T for 4 1/2 years. I loved every second of it. BB&T was the first bank that gave me an opportunity with them with no experienced. The work environment was amazing. The team I worked with was always happy and uplifting. Management always encouraged me to learn more tasks. I really had a hard time leaving this company when we had to move to Las Vegas, NV.
Pros
Flexible with Schedule!
Cons
None in the Las Vegad Area
Rewarding experience
Market Leader II (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 9, 2016
My day is plan a day before. This was I stay focus on the contacts I need to make and the level of production I need to reach. The whole team participates towards the branch daily goals. Once our day is over, I go over the success we had and what will be the plan for the following day. I always try to make the environment at work positive and full energetic.
Pros
Being able to make a difference to someone life by giving the righ financial advise
Cons
short to no breaks must times.
Product pushing & sales oriented position
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2016
Product driven with emphasis on client service.
Learned to multi-task when talking to clients: Servicing their needs while finding an underline need for the clients to present financial options that can benefit them.
Management is there to help coach, train & see you succeed in your own career path.
Trying to take in everything that is thrown at you. Client needs, training, different goals set upon you, juggling three different hats (Teller, Banker & Loan officer).
Enjoyable part being able to be a team player & help the clients feel comfortable speaking to me about their issues in finance.
Pros
Learning Opprotunities
Cons
Sales oriented and goals that are hard to reach. Compensation not up to par
Does not value employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 4, 2016
I've worked there a couple years. Management needs more hands on training to help and assist tellers. Schedule sucks you will quickly become overwhelmed. Management does not listen to employees they cater to bankers and want the tellers to refer, but do not want to compensate them for referrals. No incentive for tellers whatsoever. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
shows favoritism, doesn't appreciate employees, overworks employees, not confidential with employee information
A cool place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 26, 2016
Its a cool place to work. Its an overall good place to work. I love my desk. All the employees work together as a team. You are never alone when working
Patient Atmosphere
Contractor/Bank Card Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 25, 2016
Not stressful, people are nice, good company to work for. My manager is a hard worker and engages her team. She is patient regarding training. The atmosphere in BB&T is family oriented. The company appears to care for their employees.
Pros
Good Atmosphere
Cons
Technology a little behind
Its ok
Teller (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 25, 2016
its not a bad company to work for I guess but the goals are kind of ridiculous sometimes for example were I work is a slower branch and we still have to meet the same goals as other branches who are much busier. I have no personal life because I am constantly thinking about work and referrals but on the plus side it's fairly easy to move up in the ranks if you are a diligent worker.
Cons
crackdown on overtime, unrealistic sales goals
Stone ages
Teller 1 (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 20, 2016
Needs to update computer software. They do have nice people who work there, and benefits such as health, dental, vision, etc..They could have a better training process for new hires as well.
Good Company
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 19, 2016
Best company to work for. If employed with a good management team, best benefits for work contribution. It all depends in the locations too.
busy always lots of work to do
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Selma, NCFebruary 16, 2016
Very busy ,lots of commercial. How to special transactions. Very perfessional .Always willing if you had a problem. Balancing cash drawers and getting money for the ATM and shipping to Federal Reserve. Knowing I have done a good job ant going home.
Pros
paid health care. short distance to drive
Cons
to much manager turnover
Positive
Network Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 14, 2016
Solid company with better than average benefits and excellent work/life balance. Environment is generally supportive of of building skills of employees.
Starting Point
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 12, 2016
I think BB&T is a good way to get your feet wet in the financial industry. If you want to excel you will really have to want it and work for it. Training isn't that great so a lot of it will have to come from trial and error.
Manual Enviroment
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCFebruary 11, 2016
This company is a Banking environment that collects debt for loans on cars, home equity, mortgage, and personal loans. We provide great customer service skill and computer skill to assist our clients.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Everything Varys
BBT is a large financial institution.
Retail Customer Service Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 11, 2016
This bank has been around for a very long time. They are in the process of merging with several other institutions. They would like to be one of the top few in the US.
Small unit of the bank that was operated with good management
Business Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 9, 2016
Investigated businesses and individuals using specialized software. Accessed federal and state court records. Learned about different industries. Flexible hours.
Great place
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2016
I learned many new things while working with this company. I was able to better myself and my life by learning new things everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.