BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 1,271 reviews matching the search
great company to work for
LRM Technical Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 4, 2017
Enjoy working for this company very much. Pay could be better but the benefits are fantastic. Great people, fantastic managers in my experience. A+ employer.
Meh
Bb1 (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMay 4, 2017
Be BNT was OK as a temp job but there is no moving up no moving around. There is medical benefits but that's about it. Supervisors don't care as long as they don't get in trouble
Pros
Usually a set schedule
Cons
Short breaks always changing environment
Family Atmosphere geared toward Excellent Client Service
Branch Banker II (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMay 2, 2017
Assisting clients with day to day transactions, opening accounts, guiding our clients to a better financial life and developing lasting relationships are top priority in my position. I've worked for 3 branches and under 5+ managers. All had pros and cons, and some were better to work for than others. Career advancement is hard to come by with a lot of the changes taking place. Workplace can be stressful at times, but nothing out of the ordinary for sales. BB&T is geared more towards bettering the life of the clients we have by understanding and helping them with their financial needs. Hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the less satisfied clients. Most enjoyable is being recognized for a job well done and the GREAT benefits offered.
Great entry level job
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 1, 2017
After having only retail experience, breaking into the banking industry as a teller with BB&T was a great way to get started. Their training was comprehensive.
very stressful environment
Mortgage Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 30, 2017
very stressful environment, unfriendly. Management will stand in the way of advancement if they feel they want to keep you. The hours were long and I didn't enjoy going to work at all.
Pros
stable job
Cons
very stressful environment
Do not listen to employees
Corporate Client Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCApril 29, 2017
Managers are hired the do not not the jobs they are required to manage something they don't understand. Client are not happy and management does not seam to care.
Cons
Do not listen to employees. Only think of managment
Emotionally Exhausting - Lack of Advancement
Teller (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 27, 2017
I've worked at BB&T for years. In the beginning I loved it, but over the years and through the changes at BB&T, it's gotten to the point where most of my co-workers hate their jobs. I don't hate it, but I'm pretty close.

They run branches on skeleton staff - never having enough people. You'll feel extreme guilt for calling out when you're sick, or your manager will tell you that you can't take the day.

Extreme lack of advancement - they don't care about your personal growth, they'd rather keep you in the box that they want you to be in.

HIGH Sales demands - with every business there are sales demands, but BB&T preaches about not selling products to clients who don't need it, but yet the region demands you to get to a certain % of your yearly quota, even if you've already sold to the community and your existing clientele.

Be prepared to get constantly demeaned, yelled at, ridiculed and basically that you suck at your job.

And this is coming from someone who LOVED working for this company, it's just gone downhill.
Pros
benefits, great co-workers
Cons
work hours, sales demands, lack of advancement
Great growing company
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 26, 2017
One of the solid financial institution in the US the culture is great but like I said and almost sure since is a growing bank in the North Texas area most of the branches are short staff wich means you'll be ended performing multi-position duties and this could struggle if you are a Banker for example.
Benefits
Cons
Short staff branches
What a Great Team to Work With
Secretary to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 26, 2017
The short time I worked at BB&T I found all of my co-workers helpful, kind, and team players. (Only after a short employment, I quit due to my pregnancy.)
Pros
Team Players
Cons
It was a long drive from where I lived in Durham
Acquisative bank that challenges employees to grow and deliver superior results
SENIOR LOAN ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2017
BB&T is a good bank that provides many opportunities to grow and apply skills and abilities to the many initiatives and efforts necessary to deliver superior results in the every changing and challenging financial services environment. BB&T's vast array of businesses provide and even greater opportunity for learning and career progression.
Pros
Work alongside individuals that are committed to working hard
Cons
Need for increased efficiency ratio has driven the need for recent reorganization
very fast paced
Teller, these (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAApril 26, 2017
worked well with costumers, a lot of money handling and accuracy! must be able to refer patients to different finical reviews. was a back up vault teller and atm teller
Pros
good hours
Cons
nto enough pay
Productive and casual environment
Claims Agent II (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 23, 2017
A typical day at BB&T involves answering the phone, processing new claims, and responding to emails from clients and agencies. I enjoy speaking and dealing with clients. We have casual wear which really gives the office a more relaxed atmosphere. The hardest part of my job at times is dealing with upset clients and the most enjoyable part is being able to help resolve the upset clients issue.
Fun
Retail Collection (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCApril 21, 2017
Typical work day the co-workers are fun, but management go strickly by book. It is a great company, but the pay, you can not live off the pay, I work a extra job to make end meet. I did this same job in another state I made $6.00 more. There are many people there working 2- jobs just to make it. But I enjoy going to work there , I have awesome management team. its the money.
Easy laid back place, but management can be unorganized
Business/ Personal Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2017
Depends on what you are looking for in a career and how fast you want to advance. Its very culture oriented so you need to build rapport with management.
Good Company to work for
Vice President - Wholesale Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 20, 2017
Senior management allows you to use your experience to make decisions concerning your job and also listens to job function suggestions. Benefits are acceptable. Workplace environment is good and enjoyable.
Company with a great culture that strives to be the best.
Commercial Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 19, 2017
A typical day was filled with diligent work and continuing to gather more product knowledge. The company focuses on customer service by providing them with the "Perfect Client Experience" and doing whatever it takes to ensure the client's satisfaction. Management can be very inconsistent at times, but if you can manage to cope with this inconsistency, then you will find your role with the company to be quite enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits, Great Culture, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Inconsistent Management
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 19, 2017
I loved working at BB&T, the managers are wonderful, the culture and work ethic is amazing, and I loved their benefits.

I had many personal problems while working there however they were great to work with me from lower management to upper management.

If I could go back to work there I would.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 18, 2017
BB&T was a good place to work. The people were friendly and very professional. This was a good experience working for a larger bank. I would recommend BB&T.
Fun place to work with nice people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 17, 2017
Fun place to work. Great benefits with incentives to make yourself healthy and lower your insurance costs. People were very nice to work with and very helpful.
Pros
Good training tips.
Cons
Saturday and Sunday work
Great company with lots of potential
Market Leader IV- Vice President (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2017
Company is focused on sticking to its core values, however that can get difficult based on the way people choose to do their banking. The company has a great employee benefit package and still offers pension .
Pros
great training for leadership, good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.