BBC

BBC Employer Reviews

BBC TV
Master Control Operator (Former Employee), London,UKSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: excellent place to work
Cons: company relocated
Managed and controlled the daily transmission of all UKTV channels, BBC1, BBC2,Five US, Five Life, BBC World,Bravo,Living,Trouble,ESPN, BBC Prime,
Daily use of Ominbus/G3 Operating Systems,Pics,Quantel,ON Air, FTP File Transfer, Quantel HD/SD,Media Intake Library Using On-Air,Infax and Pics
I Have knowledge of :Adobe Premier, Avid Editing

Managed all – more... material required for transmission
Logged, edited and checked cached material before transmission
Ensured all channels and channel streams are recorded as transmitted onto server
Operated all equipment manually under breakdown conditions, including loading, cueing and playing programmes and trailers live to air from tape to server
Ensured all associated media such as subtitles, audio description, separate audio sources and in-vision sign language are correctly cached onto server
Recorded live incoming material and setting up satellite link and checking Outside Source (OS) availability for later playout.
Liaised with and attended production meetings with Editors, Creative Services, Access Services, Compliance and other clients.
Quality checked material and reported faults where required, according to specific guidelines laid down by clients
Directing the live show 'Good Food Live' from transmission suite – less
I'm very flexible, and I'm happy to learn. I'm also ready to accomodate with any work space
Journalist (Current Employee), DakarAugust 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: night shift, is really difficult.
It's really depend of my Shift. But if i started for instance at 7.AM, I have immediately to surch information, rewrite them and and then go on air to provide them in differents news edition.

I'm my own editor , and any manager don't use to interfer ,only in case of sensitive information,and i'ts very rare.
My collegues are very cooperative, and I – more... can rely on all of them. If I'm in trouble, they are ready to help instantly.

The hardest part of my job is the warning about the time to go on air. If I'm not fully ready, i'ts could put me under pressure, but i always do my best to be ready on time , and being at the studio at least 3 mn before the time.

The most enjoyable part probably when i finished my work.I specially liked when my boss appreciate what i do. – less
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 17, 2013
Over all great place but the property manager wasn't easy to handle. was not friendly to the residents or her employees. 3 employees left because of her.
Great learning from the best people in the biz
Executive Producer Media Silver (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMay 12, 2013
Pros: the best broadcaster to work for
Cons: lots of time at work
I have learned a lot- from being a news producer to being a film director. BBC has trained me in both- TV and Radio documentary production.
Enjoyed learning new things in BBC.
Program Coordinator/Zeus Specialist (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLMarch 12, 2013
Pros: constant learning
Cons: not perm as of yet
Since working in BBC I have learned many things. I learned how to program a schedule, learned a brand new system called Zeus (Phoenix supported) I am a multi-tasker and find pleasure in being able to juggle many different tasks and be able to meet my deadlines.
Great company and brand to work for, especially in London.
Project Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 24, 2013
I was grateful for the opportunity to work with such a prestigious company overseas.
im manager of cafe xpress
cashier, marketing supervisor (Former Employee), kathmandu nepalDecember 26, 2012
Pros: for emplyoess
Cons: full time work this field
i m one of the energetic person and marketer.i m trainee for this company and i m interested in this company now, i m manager of cafe express.
Hard work
Trainer (Former Employee), Ukraine,Macedonia,Serbia,Kosovo,TajikistanOctober 13, 2012
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: yes, short smoking pause for teachers and students.
a typical day at work?Teaching teachers,journalists,TV stuff TV News.
what you learned?Focusing
management? Evolution of the project.
your co-workers?High professionals.
the hardest part of the job? Teaching old teachers a new style of the News, especially in Ex SSSR countries.
the most enjoyable part of the job? Beer after work.
Excellent company
Assistant to President (Former Employee), Shelton, CTSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: paid benifits
Able to take care of business with trust without micro managing interference.
Was a fair working experience
Daycare Worker (Former Employee), Lima, OHJuly 18, 2012
Pros: happy children
Cons: sometimes pay would but cut or not paid on time
Working at BBC taught me a lot. Everyday at work i was greeted with little smiling faces that brightened my day. I learned how to interact with small children and make effort of my day. Management was great but sometimes coworker would get off task and it would make the day just a little bit harder.
Dont waste your time
Account Manager (Door-To-Door Sales) (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJuly 16, 2012
-Glorified Door-to-Door Sales job.
-Fast track to management? they have one office, which is over flowing with people, always hiring because there turnover rate is so slow, promise advancement when literally two companies share the same building.
- Dont need a college degree to work there, you could drop out of high school and sell Verizon FIOS door-to-door.
- – more... If looking for a serious career not just a waste of time go elsewhere.
- Every applicant will get an interview and they will make you feel special about yourself and ask you back for a 2nd interview the same day to make it look like your extra special to them, when in fact a monkey could be over qualified for this job. – less
Friendship is more important than proffessional performance
Marine/Cargo surveyor & Port Captain (Former Employee), HoustonApril 3, 2012
I beleive that I was discreminated, I noted some corruptions in
technical department,Poor customer service, no regards for
loyalty and efficency.
Delightful.
Short Films for Foreign Students (Former Employee), LondonJuly 14, 2014
Enjoyable experience. Nice people, nice atmosphere and a great sense of enthusiasm you don't find a lot.
Relaxed and exciting workplace
Work Experience (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGJuly 12, 2014
Pros: exciting place to work
Cons: i was doing unpaid work experience
When I first started at the BBC I was sorting through the post that would come in for the show, and after time worked my way up to controlling the social media and incoming texts and emails for the show. I would also be asked to photograph any bands or guests that were coming onto the show and would upload these pictures to social media websites. I – more... learned a lot about using a computer and how to utilise social media for a big company. All of my co-workers were fun, friendly and laid back. The hardest part of the job was keeping an eye on the texts, emails and social media equally as I could not be seen to favour one. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely being exposed to new music. – less
Great company to work for
Release and Transition Coordinator (Current Employee), Central LondonJune 25, 2014
Great company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat – more... company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work forGreat company to work for – less
Great place to work, exciting and unlike most other jobs.
Television Researcher (Former Employee), BirminghamJune 24, 2014
Pros: an exciting environment to work in.
I loved working for the BBC. The work was very different depending on what programme you worked on which made the job interesting. I learned a lot of technical skills working here and at the same time editorial skills, how to put a programme together with balance and content.
My colleagues were very supportive and everyone pulled together as a team.
HR/Business Analyst (Current Employee), London, ENGJune 3, 2014
At the BBC, we're proud of being a world-class broadcasting organisation. BBC People recruits, retains and develops exceptional talent that helps keep us out in front.

We’re passionate about ensuring the BBC is a great place to work. Providing administrative help, strategic advice, and innovation around all things 'people' related, we give invaluable – more... support to teams across the organisation. From Television and Radio to Journalism and Worldwide, our expertise is in demand all across the BBC.

Ours is a fast-moving industry and we look for adaptable, energetic and creative HR professionals who can offer the best advice, inventive yet workable solutions and quality support.

Divisional HR
Our Divisional HR teams bring human resources and development expertise, perspective and challenge to business decision making.

Centres of Expertise
We have three expertise areas that link closely with Divisional HR to provide in depth knowledge and advice. These are Employment; Resourcing, Talent and Leadership; and BBC Academy

The Academy
I feel really lucky and I love it here"

Tulip Mazumdar, Senior Broadcast Journalist
Putting training at the heart of the broadcasting industry so that our people never stop learning.

Our values and guiding principles
We strive to put our audiences and clients at the heart of everything we do – less
enjoyable
documentary/actor (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 19, 2014
chilled, did some acting and had fun, i learnt and improved on my enterprising skills & my co-workers were my friends so it was fun and productive
Reliance Retail Web world (BBC) as an Operational Executive.
Operational Executive (Former Employee), Mumbai MaharashtraApril 23, 2014
Pros: not applicable
Cons: 8 hours duty time
That was big brand name company but there was not groth in BBC Because that was Broadband centre for Internet Surfing,sallery was so less there but workers was good and managment nod good.
Eventful
Team Leader (Attachement) (Band 5) (Current Employee), Perivale, LondonApril 21, 2014
A good employer to work for. I work 35 hours a week spread over 5 days. (5 x 8 hour days). I have worked for the BBC for 8 years in various roles at several sites.

1 2 3 4