BBJ Linen Employee Reviews

small office environment,
Office Admin, Trainer, Asst Dir of Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2017
Good owners, easily accessible, small office with 3 sales persons to support.Good communication with distribution center, fulfillment always ready to help support outside offices.
Pros
good team
Cons
staff cut to skeleton crew
Great people and company
Production Crew (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 7, 2016
I have worked here for around 7 years. I have never had a problem with this company hints they reason why I have stayed so long. It very flexible with an schedule and the managers really care about you.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Fun and great place to work
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 8, 2014
Starterd as a warehouse labor ont he receiving area. As I learned QC, pull and pack, receiving, shipping, I also learn how to improve myself in order to succed. My manager made sure I was the right person to become a supervisor on my second year of working for the company.
Specialty Linen Rentals in South Florida
Sales Manager- South Florida Region (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 6, 2014
I was brought on by BBJ through Levy Restaurants. I had ordered linen from there for years they were the exclusive for Levy. I was responsible for generating linen rental business in south florida from Palm Beach county to the Florida Keys. This job was extremely challngeing due to their position in the south Florida market. Their shipping requirements were also a huge issue. I worked from home at that time as well and really did not enjoy it. I can work independently but prefer big teams. I was trained and assisted a decent amount in cold calling sales training. I progressed with scheduling increased amount of appointments. I decided to part ways because I was not seeing long term growth with the company.
Pros
Great health benefits, great products.
Cons
Home office/ warehouse in IL, lack of representation in the past.
Love it
Assist and arrange (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2014
Probably the best job I've ever had. Its different every time.
Pros
great pay, not the same thing every time
Cons
on call
Great opportunity
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2013
A typical ay at work starts early, often before many of my co-workers have arrived with some exceptions. Most of the morning is spent reviewing email from the day before or overnight and or doing data entry into our system (SAGE MAS200) before contacting east coast vendors and suppliers.

Mid-morning routine involved processing of purchase requisitions, scheduling of meetings with local suppliers and vendors and invoice reconciliation with AP. Deliveries to the facility often were completed sometime between 11am to just after lunch with more meetings with senior leadership and department managers.

Afternoons were spent contacting west-coast vendors and clients and more invoice reconciliation followed by more filing and processing of purchase requisitions.

I learned more about being a self-directed, self-starter here than anywhere else in my previous employment history. The Purchasing department consisted of only six people which included a clerk and four buyers who were tasked with procuring the raw and custom materials needed for our business. I was responsible for the procurement of all items other than raw fabric. I learned how to collaborate with different personalities across the organization and although I will admit that I made some mistakes early on, I learned from them and continued keep in focus the goals of the department and the company as a whole.

I often had little or no management from my direct report to, and instead took direction from any one of the senior executives (COO, CFO) and worked closely with the VP of IT and VP of Accounting. I appreciated
  more... their wealth of knowledge and insights into how to best implement best practices solutions and our favorable working relationship helped to give me a better perspective into the goals and health of the business.

The tone of my relationship was set very early on in my career at BBJ, I had the privilege of working with people with a wealth of experiences and diverse backgrounds and learned how to make our collaboration at work operate to the benefit of all involved.

The hardest part of my job was learning self-promotion, my manager often advised that because I am a self-starter, and needed very little in the way of direction from her, she had a hard time in giving me an accurate performance review and so my levels of compensation, which of course was tied to more detailed performance reviews.

I don't feel that I was compensated equitably for the level of work performed in retrospect but I am proud of the work that I did and of the people I met during my time there.
Pros
Great environment, family oriented.
Cons
volatile industry, low compensation
Na
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 5, 2012
Shipped and received inventory for a linen company, and customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BBJ Linen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9