BBSI Employee Reviews

Its an Okay agency if you need quick cash......
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CASeptember 12, 2016
I got a job the same day I applied and they also gave me the position that I wanted Picker/Packer. My job assignment was for Under Armour in their Active Picking Department for the 2nd shift (4pm-2am), 4 days/10 hours Team 2. From what I learned this is the only department with consistent work (to say the least), I heard from my co workers that other departments their work doesn't last very long and can range from a few months to a few weeks to a few days. As for the job itself.... simple work nothing too complicated but repetitive (I already had 5 experience in picking and packing). I just needed a job to make some quick cash for the time being and keep in mind I applied to BBSI during their seasonal (June-Dec.) which is why I think I was assign to a job so quickly lol. I would use this agency for a short term solution but not a long term because of job security and advancement.
Pros
Job assignment sameday, simple warehouse job for short term
Cons
not recommeded for long term
Don't work for them
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 26, 2016
Wow, this has been a nightmare working with this staffing agency. The staff do not communicate with each other. They delay in emailing you back. They do not care if you are treated poorly at a job site and request to move assignments because the disrespect coming from the company they have a contract with has become unbearable. Oh and let's hope you never have to endure getting into a uncontrollable circumstance such as a car accident and have to take a couple days off to heal, because if you do they will treat you like your lying or just slacking off. I could go on and on about the negative experience I have endured with this staffing agency but for the sake of not sounding like some type of victim I'll just chalk it up to do not work with these guys!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Negative staff members
Wicicomico County Dept of Social Services
Administrative Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 27, 2016
Answered phones, obtained data to create charts and graphs, typed letters and created forms, provided assistance to staff as needed, customer service by phone and in person, created bi-monthly newsletter, filing and various office duties. I learned how to use SPSS system to create charts and graphs for foster care program.
I worked well with management of different departments. Spent time with co-workers daily. The job wasn't hard to do. I liked helping the clients at the front desk.
Pros
Free lunches before holidays.
Cons
That is was a temp job
Low pay, negative people, misleading ads
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 6, 2016
I have worked through the office on and off and honestly don't know why I went back. They lie to people and no one seems happy there. When you walk in the door the greeting is hostile and when you complain to the manager, he smiles and blows sunshine at you. Don't believe the lies and hype. They are a staffing mill and will sell you to the lowest bidder. The employees don't seem happy either. The only good recruiter left.
Pros
Always need bodies
Cons
Low pay, negative place, employees not heard
Unfair work practices and horrible office service
Factory Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 26, 2016
I've worked through BBSI at Robert Bosch Tool Corp for over a year now. Never am able to get full time due to it being treated like a game. (You bid on the jobs instead of earning them like how it should be) If you like favoritism then you'll love this place. Some employees are treated poorly over the smallest non-important things while others get away with coming in high and or drunk and being generally reckless. (Those are the ones that usually get hired on)
Pros
weekly pay and solid Monday-Friday (Sometimes Saturday also) hours... that's about it
Cons
Pretty much everything else
More work and less life
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 23, 2016
A typical day is at least 12 hours. Tons of admin work with lots of pressure to visit 10 clients a week. The reports and paperwork are over the top. Chasing clients for claim paperwork, Accident investigations, Risk Assessment, Training, Program writing and meeting with clients and government agencies.
Pros
Fast Pace, never a dull minute, Profit sharing
Cons
no breaks or lunch, benifits are terrible, Pay is low with no chance of increase
Good job workplace a productive enviroment team tasking building up our company for more opportunities activities bbqs physical activities gym
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CASeptember 1, 2016
I'm a hard worker fast learner easy to get along with focused ready to build in learn in open up to new opportunities reliable on time always ready for work
Pros
Healthy foods energizing food source
Cons
Very healthy take breaks on time capable of lifting heavy products
what i did at work everyday
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 18, 2016
o Disinfected equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers
o Cleaned patients’ rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms
o Emptied wastebaskets and transported other trash and waste to disposal areas
o Replenished supplies, such as drinking glasses, linens, and bathrooms items
o Cleaned floor, furniture and draperies, and dusted and polished furniture and equipment
o Kept storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy, and sorted, counted and marked clean linens and store them in line closets
Aggressive Angry Coworkers with all ego no substance
NA (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 17, 2016
Most negative place I have worked for. Executives and management are ill equipped to develop diverse roles in a healthy way. Poor leadership. Becareful. They falsely promote positive messaging. Very high turn over at all branches and corporate because they do not know how to manage good people.
Pros
money
Cons
poor management
Good place for quick and temporary employent
Customer Service Rep/Stockman/Order puller (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 20, 2016
Great place to get a quick job until you can find one you like more. If your looking for a career then this probably wont be for you. A few jobs I like but I was unable to continue working there due to my assignment ending.
Delivery driver/warehouse
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 11, 2016
Delivery portion is the best part dealing with customers, work in the warehouse for the first hour and a half then I go make local deliveries . Hardest part is handeling large tires and the very disorganized warehouse.
Easy to work for, great company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 19, 2016
Easy to work for, great company. I love the work environment everyone is profession and still fun. I appreciate the understanding of the individuality of the communities.
Pros
great salary, excellent work enviroment
Fast paced work, no experience needed.
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAMay 20, 2016
I was sent to work for a warehouse. A normal day would be waking up at 3 or 4 am in order to go into to work at 4 or 5 am depending the schedule. The work day is 11 hours with a 15 minute break every two hours.
Temp Agency
Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 16, 2016
Temporary employment placement. Full time position at Homeland Vinyl without benefits, option for permanent employment. Full time position at Wayfair without benefits, option for permanent employment.
Multi-tasking job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJanuary 15, 2016
I liked working for the company but the work is hard general labor work. I've learned how to work fast and multi-tasking working for this company.
Pros
I enjoyed the free buffets.
Cons
benefits could be better.
Hard work and no consideration at all for the workers.
Loader/Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 6, 2015
5am start time. Unloading and loading 63 foot trailers for Footlocker, Banana Republic, Gap and Urban outfitters. I learned I must have patience for a job like this. Management was horrible and extremely disrespectful and inconsiderate towards the workers. 2-3 coworkers spoke English. Hardest part was lifting over 5,000 heavy boxes everyday. The most enjoyable part was the exercise.
Pros
Free water
Cons
No benefits or respect from any of the staff.
Good Culture
Risk Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 4, 2016
No issues with management or organization. The company has a good culture for the employees. Not a lot of micromanagement, fun work environment
not many jobs
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 10, 2016
same jobs some are going out of businesses poor pay They hire ANY ONE. more time at home then work. most jobs just need quick help not their to hire.
good place for employment, lots of work in town as well as out of town
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 8, 2015
they always work hard for you in trying get you work, just some days there is none, and also a lot of out of town jobs. there are some jobs that you go back on multiple times but for the most part day to day work.
friendly workplace
Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CADecember 18, 2015
the management and my co workers were very friendly. the workplace was very enjoyable. the hardest part was getting familiar with the systems they used.

2.6