BBVA Employee Reviews

ivory tower management
Telephone Banking Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 28, 2017
When Compass was privately owned, it was a great place to work. when bbva bought them out, it made a fast spiral downward as far as how they treated their employees. my first year, i got a 15% raise. after 2008, my raise was .10%. that was for everyone. they have the ivory tower mentality - they know overall about the company, buy not the employees they specifically manage.
Excelente Institucion
Banco (Former Employee) –  Venezuela, PRAugust 20, 2017
Excelente empresa siempre vive innovando y busca persona que sean proactivas
Pros
Si
Cons
N/a
Great place to be challenged and learn how to be entrepreneurial.
Vendor Risk Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
Great place to be challenged and learn how to be entrepreneurial. You will have a lot of autonomy, room to grow, and problem solve. Organization is very hierarchical.
Overall not very good
Commercial Underwriter / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2017
It's been a struggle for BBVA in the U.S. since they acquired Compass Bank. The retail marketshare is not where it should be, therefore commercial lending is limited.
Vice President- Middle Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
People didn't seem happy. Lots of work and long days. Lots of stress. Not very welcoming of new people. It seemed that people were leery of new people and very guarded.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long days
Opportunities to grow.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRJanuary 12, 2017
At Atento de PR, Inc. there are many opportunities to grow within the company, employees get acknowledged for outstanding work performance. Here I learned so much about providing excellent customer service.
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
close operation in pr
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRJanuary 4, 2017
The contact with different persons each day. I learned a lot skills. There are s lot of work and responsability. Peers were collabored. Stressful and active environment.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Many work hours.
Ambiente de trabajo excelent y proactivo
Business Executive (Former Employee) –  VenezuelaOctober 21, 2016
Loved the time working there!!
Great boss
Great work environment
Corporate version of an assisted living community
VP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2016
BBVA as a whole struggles to retain young talent. The firm does not have a robust platform for career development. As a result, promoting from within is rare. Professionals under the age of 40 do not stay for more than two years. A lack of competitive compensation packages and absence of a positive work environment are common reasons why young employees leave the firm. Despite constant complaints to senior management and HR, there are very few resources implemented to address this problem - which leads me to believe whether the firm truly considers this a problem.
Cons
lousy corporate perks and employee benefits
Great Teamwork Environment!!!
Staffmark New Hire Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2016
BBVA Compass is a huge company and offer stable employment all over the world. The managers are easy to work with and the work is not difficult. It's a fun place to work with great co workers..
Cons
Salary's are not competitive with the marker, commuting
Good Overall
Vice President Commercial Lending (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 5, 2016
attend meeting, meet customers try and get deals approved, 2 Managers in socal manage with the process of micro. These mgrs are very hard to work for.
Pros
Changing
Cons
Changing
My BBVA Experience
Intern in Sales of Corporate Equity Derivatives (Former Employee) –  Madrid, IADecember 8, 2015
After I graduated in Economics I decided to study an International Master in Business Administration program in Madrid, which provided me an overview of the different business fields. While studying this program I also took the chance of doing a six month internship in one of the largest banks of Spain. Based in the headquarters of this international bank, inside the treasury, my department was responsible for providing liquidity to the largest companies of the country by selling equity financial products. During this time I was responsible for controlling the equity stock we had as collateral for the contracts alive in the department, generating daily prices for different stock options and developing weekly research about international companies. This experience made me highly motivated to follow my professional career among this awesome industry
Good Place
Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Investigator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
Good Place to work, however project start and end dates may be different than initially anticipated. Great Management, no micromanagement during the typical workday. Learn Spanish.
Excellent Institution
SVP of Business Banking Division (Former Employee) –  San JuanSeptember 15, 2015
I had the opportunity to start and develop in the area of ​​commercial credit, showing various positions from credit analyst to senior vice president of risk and business banking. My main experience was in the area of ​​credit risk, responsible for evaluating all proposals for loans of small, medium and large enterprises and adopt those that were within the margin borrower delegate 7 moderate figures. Served as secretary of the executive committee responsible for submitting credit and loans to the Board of Directors and Credit Committee headquarters in Bilbao, Spain. Finally I led the Business Banking division responsible for the management of loans for small and medium businesses and responsible to Increase Increase of deposit portfolio and the sale of other products and services of the institution. Despite the complicated economic environment and tighter credit policies, the unit kept eighty-five percent of budgeted targets.

I was member of the Management of BBVA Group, responsible, among others, sharing and promote the institutional culture in the bank.

The institution dismissed me as part of the reorganization process, eventually to sale the bank in PR.
Pros
Exellent Institution with a strong bank structure
Cons
Difficult final process of dismissal.
Data Entry and Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  hato rey, puerto ricoApril 16, 2015
I love my job and all the challenges they had . They gave me a vast experience and i feel capable of doing multiples things thanks to them
Good place to learn and grow
Finance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasFebruary 21, 2015
A large financial institution where you can learn and further your skills in the banking field. An ideal company to start your career and learn the basics. Good exposure to international banking systems and clients.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Overall Great place to work for Bosses are fare and experienced no need to change anything or add fun and a great place to work for
Credit Quality Review Manager, Internal Audit (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2015
I consider BBVA to be a great place to work. Employee benefits and work life balance is important. The bank has a strong brand name in Texas.
Great company to work for!
BSA COMPLIANCE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Great Company, great people! They truly appreciate their consultants. Hourly rate is not that high but you will survive.
Difficult Operating Environment
Contributor (Former Employee) –  Houston / BirminghamSeptember 23, 2014
Lack of product focus, all functions expected to be generalists of all products. Banking discipline / science and knowledge behind how to study / analyze the details of specific products appears to have some knowledge loss over the last number of years. Project selection not always based on revenue / profit returns, often politics have a stronger weight towards project selection vs. Financial ratio analysis of the projects. Upper leadership mostly foreign nationals whom lead often without getting a diversity of opinions from one and 2 downs before making decisions.
Pros
extremely high tech, leading edge technologies
Cons
not always optimized in how to use technologies to apply to value creation