BBVA

BBVA Employee Reviews

Good place to learn and grow
Finance (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 21, 2015
A large financial institution where you can learn and further your skills in the banking field. An ideal company to start your career and learn the basics. Good exposure to international banking systems and clients.
Credit Quality Review Manager, Internal Audit (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 7, 2015
I consider BBVA to be a great place to work. Employee benefits and work life balance is important. The bank has a strong brand name in Texas.
Great company to work for!
BSA COMPLIANCE ANALYST (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Great Company, great people! They truly appreciate their consultants. Hourly rate is not that high but you will survive.
Difficult Operating Environment
Contributor (Former Employee), Houston / BirminghamSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: extremely high tech, leading edge technologies
Cons: not always optimized in how to use technologies to apply to value creation
Lack of product focus, all functions expected to be generalists of all products. Banking discipline / science and knowledge behind how to study / analyze the details of specific products appears to have some knowledge loss over the last number of years. Project selection not always based on revenue / profit returns, often politics have a stronger weight towards project selection vs. Financial ratio analysis of the projects. Upper leadership mostly foreign nationals whom lead often without getting a diversity of opinions from one and 2 downs before making decisions.
summary
Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: connections made
great people
solid foundation
excellent mgt
adding value for our clients
Mortgage processing
Mortgage Processor III (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2014
Pros: jeans can be worn to work at all times in this office.
My day starts with urgent phone calls and emails from an MBO, in house customer, or client who is desperately in need of getting what they need. I have learned to take a deep breath and face each situation with grace and flexibility, and give my customers the best of me, and the best of my time. My co-workers are great to work with because we work in a "team" driven environment. We have come to believe that "peace" and "unity" among a work force, coupled with a driven mind set to accomplish a task, avails much.

Timelines and quotas tend to cause stress, and most of the time, this is daily. I have determined to stay ahead, by being proactive with my approach to customers and getting in touch with them as soon as possible with the items that that will need to be accomplished throughout our process. I enjoy getting to know the people that I come in contact with. I desire to help them, and serving is what I do best.
Overseas loans
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee), Madrid, MDApril 26, 2013
2 years of experience in banking at BBVA Spain. Excellent management. good coworkers. easy loan guidelines. Borrowers doesn't need credit score for them to apply for mortgage.
Leading bank in the world
Administrative and sales advisor, Branch Associate (Former Employee), Madrid, MDNovember 6, 2012
Great job, great chances.
Objective and resuklt oriented management
Internship (Former Employee), MAdridSeptember 11, 2012
I had a good relationship with my co-workers.
My typical day consisted reviewing the different format of the different orders needed. I also helped checking the migration of the new corporate web tool.
The hardest part of the job was understanding the different type of orders and formats.
The most enjoyable part was being able to work with different countries and the high percentage of worked that implied different people and departments.
Great company with great values
Senior Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2012
Pros: great benefits, great training, best sales experience.
Cons: short budget to financial anything innovating.
I loved the benefits and laser focus on sales and strategies. The online division supported the branches by sending them all leads generated from calls. That was helpful as part of training because you will work real leads with different variables.
GOOD PLACE FOR WORK
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Former Employee), Bayamón, Puerto RicoJune 24, 2012
Excellent place for works. My jobs was enjoyable I was like all jobs that I was had in charge. I had learned a lot of things during the time I worked with BBVA, since take some seminars and other skills when I was assigned to make differents kinds of task.

Excellent employer.
a great place to learn.
VP Information Technology Auditor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2012
It is difficult for spaniards to undetstand the US business standards.
productive place.
External loan Adjuster or general collector. (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoJanuary 11, 2012
Pros: free lunches and car expenses.
Cons: healthcare and short breakes.
Good place to work. Excellent place with a lot of areas to learn and grow up. The employees have a good knowledges about your areas.
Hacia una nueva forma de hacer banca
Analista de Publicidad Digital (Current Employee), Gerencia de PublicidadJune 22, 2015
Pros: Momento de transición hacia un nuevo paradigma, caos
Cons: Momento de transición hacia un nuevo paradigma, caos
El BBVA ha puesto el foco en la banca digital, que es hacia donde está yendo la banca hoy en día. Para esto, ha hecho un enorme cambio estructural, cultural y filosófico, y es por eso que se va a convertir en el "Google de los bancos".

Esto ha generado un cambio de 180°, que tiende a mnodernizar la cultura laboral y tomar las prácticas de las principales empresas de Silicon Valley. Este proceso durará años, pero menos de los que uno cree, y convertirá a la compañía en una de las mejores para trabajar.
Ambiente de trabajo sumamente agradable
Oficial de Negocios BDE Casa Matriz (Former Employee), Casa MatrizApril 23, 2015
Pros: Seguro medico privado, vacaciones, premios por productividad trimestrales
Cons: Poco profesionalismo del Gerente del sector del cual dependiamos
Variado y muy profesional. Constante aprendizaje de nuevos productos y desarrollos
Ambiente cordial
Financiera (Former Employee), Cía, NCMarch 10, 2014
Pros: lugar y gente agradable
Cons: diferencias de contratación
Lo peor del trabajo, es que estábamos terciarizados y había muchas diferencias entre el Personal Efectivo del Banco y Nosotros. El resto, agradable