BCBS

BCBS Employer Reviews

great co-workers
claims rep (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: coworkers were great
Cons: quotas too high that quality suffers
Management needs better training on quotas and how they are achieved. Quotas are too high.
Very stressful to try to reach quotas and do quality work and then you are dinged for errors
fun working enviroment
Customer Advocate (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time at BCBS. They have a very fun working environment and have flexible schedules and compassionate supervisors. They were willing to go above and beyond to help any employee.
Productive but very little Job Securtiy
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: mutil breaks to regroup
Cons: no training
productive and fast paced environment, the most enjoyable was the pace and new learning daily, never a dull moment.
For Contractors
Sr. Automation Test Engineer (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 30, 2014
Very friendly and respectful environment.But they treat contractors totally different than FT employees. Contractors have to sit in the small cubes where all the big cubes are empty.
Management was not very reliable
field reviewer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 15, 2014
I would call offices to prepare for a review. I enjoyed my co workers. I enjoyed meeting new people in the different physician offices I went to.
have good experience
Middleware Admin (Current Employee), durham,NCNovember 26, 2014
place where we can work without stress
 Have a good knowledge and Experience in Websphere MQ.
 Experience in setting up Single-Sign-On for J2EE applications running on WebSphere Application server by installing and integrating the web servers with Netegrity SiteMinder.
 Experience in writing shell scripts and Jython/JACL to automate the administrative tasks.
 Expertise in troubleshooting issues using logs, traces and messages using tools such as Log Analyzer, Resource Analyzer, Heap Analyzer, Thread Dump Analyzer, PMAT.
 Expertise in deploying J2EE components on WebSphere Application Server and configuring resources like JDBC, JMS, SIBus, and URL providers.
 Worked on WebSphere MQ/MB explorer to monitor queues and brokers
 Worked on MQ visual edit tool for the taking a backup messages and arrange backup out message in queue.
Productive fun people with lot of activities
Java Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
Productive fun people with lot of activitiesProductive fun people with lot of activitiesProductive fun people with lot of activitiesProductive fun people with lot of activitiesProductive fun people with lot of activitiesProductive fun people with lot of activities
Order Desk
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Florence, SCNovember 7, 2014
Really enjoyed working here. My first real job and taught me the foundation of customer service.
Good company
Bridge Technical Talent Consultant (Current Employee), Hingham, MASeptember 19, 2014
Work here as a consultant, the company seems to be a good company to work for, it has good benefits and a good "family oriented" type environment. They are flexible if you need to take care of family matters that arise i.e. sick child.
This was a temporary job.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), SouthfieldAugust 5, 2014
I enjoyed my time there and the work environment was great. I learned a lot and developed myself in the work environment.
Productive and easy going place to work
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 22, 2014
Pros: worked for a wonderful team.
Cons: n/a
Productive work environment with people that like to have fun but also work hard. Management was very laid back as long as the work was done. Co-workers were very nice and welcomed me with open arms.
perfect
Network Engineer (Former Employee), floridaMay 21, 2014
Perfect environment. Your work is very much appreciated by the team.
Challenging place to work
Till NowSr.ETL/QA/BI Tester (DWH) (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 20, 2014
It is a challenging place to work because of its typical environment
While working at BCBS, I had some really good experiences and meet some great people and friends
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 21, 2014
- A typical work day almost always included external and internal customer service.
- I learned how to give great customer service, problem solving, time management, how to be flexabile and to adapt to change. I also learned how to handle working with different personalities.
- My co-workers and I worked close together to get the job done and at times tried to find ways (when time permitted) to have some fun doing it.
- the hardest part of working at BCBS was at times there were some long hours and system problems.
- My most enjoyable part of working at BCBS was meeting so many wonderful people, good benefits, and being able to advance.
Good experience
Sr.Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), IL and TXApril 2, 2014
excellent experience in BCBS and good team and excellent Team lead.
Job security
Member Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great incentives and bonuses, tuition reimbursement, incentive wellness programs, hour breaks, 401 k, free fitness facility
Cons: sick time and personal time all grouped into pto hours, very micromanaged, no room for growth with the company, employees doesn't have a fair chance at available positions, no job flexibility
A typical day at work involves a day to day repeated pattern that is no longer a challenge to me. I have learned that I am a great multi-tasker in a fast paced environment. The hardest part of my job is having to end the call with a member who just needs someone to talk to because they are lonely and have no other relatives or friends they can depend on. My-workers are very fun to be around which makes the days pleasurable. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist the member's in getting that extra care that is needed to make them comfortable living in their own home versus having to go to the nursing faciity.
Nice to work here
NET Developer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2014
Its a such a good client that which enables us to have growth in our life . Unfortunately i have done with that project thats why looking for a change.
Stressful Job
Tier 1 Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 7, 2014
High stress job. Have to be able to multi-task and be able to put up with gossip and drama and have thick skin. Management will talk to you and treat you worse than a dog.Not an understand company when if comes to family issues such as death, marriage, or giving birth.
Very Bad IT Structure
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 21, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: job security
Nothing ever gets done in IT environment, every thing is adhoc. Very limited in growth, and managers always worried about their jobs.
Insurance puts many restrictions on what you can do for your members
Associate Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2013
Pros: good pay rate
Cons: micro management
Insurance work is difficult for a nurse when they see what a member needs to be safe, vs what is available on their benefits. Learned a lot about balance between nursing and day to day needs in a members life. I became very close with other nurses who faced the same struggles that I did

1 2 3