BCD Travel Employee Reviews

Remote Agent
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 2, 2017
I was very Happy with BCD Travel, As long as you produce quality service and few errors you are not micro managed in some accounts. Personnel are all nice and friendly.
Pros
Vendor Visits
clients minus corporate politics makes the day
Virtual Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualSeptember 17, 2017
clients are interesting and are, for the most part, a joy to assist. Lead Agents are there for the most part to assist with sticky situations; management less so.
Pros
a decent virtual job
Cons
excessive monitoring
Fun place to work with good people.
Level II Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 8, 2017
Very nice company with good perks. Management was knowledgeable, understanding, and approachable. Very family oriented and made family life a priority over work life.
Great Company
Project Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2017
Management wants you to succeed and be part of a successful company. Values employees.
Work from home and have tools to be successful.
Opportunity for training and advancement.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Salary is lower than competition
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2017
BCD takes care of its employees and is a great company to work for. Working from home has been a wonderful experience and I wish more companies would do the same.
OK Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2017
Would be a great place to work if organization employed and advanced based on merit and skills rather than personal relationships. Overall staff was great to work with, knowledgeable and professional. Great folks that want to do the right thing.
Pros
Remote work opportunity
Great account and coworkers
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2017
BCD was one of the best places I have ever worked. I had great co workers on a great account. I loved working here and would not have left if I had not lost my home and had o where to live.
Pros
Excellent office staff wonderful HR manager
Cons
Not enough pay
Co-workers are great, projects and management not well organized
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2017
I had great co-workers and mentor there. Benefits are good, compensation decent. But projects seemed very askew and pressed hard. Poor communication made it worse. Managers were constantly rearranged over specific groups within the department which made the overall environment even more worse and stressful.
Pros
Great co-workers, good benefits and decent pay
Cons
Poor management structure and communication
Typical corporate travel agency
Corporate Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PAJune 29, 2017
Agents are on a team for a few different companies and answer calls throughout your shift to make/change bookings in compliance with their companies policy. It is very repetitive. Management was very condescending.
Pros
Hour lunch, nice coworkers
Cons
controlled atmosphere
Great company, enjoyed.
Corporate Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
Worked as an Administrative Assistant. Enjoyed the company. Management was informed and educated. Pay increases were fair and goals were met with merits.
an "ok" place to work
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2017
a lot depended on your immediate supervisors.. some were fair and encouraging.. some were not..
as i worked remotely, there really was no workplace culture..
the hardest part of the job was staying even-keeled as you jumped from one tough situation to another..
most enjoyable part of the job was helping people, sometimes in their toughest situations..
Have great opportunity for advancement
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Virtual. AlabamaJune 9, 2017
Great company just wanted to switch gearsburned out having done same type job for 25 years. Took time off to attend classes pertaining to hospitality Large corporate company. Felt like customer service was being pushed aside. Wanted to get back in a more personal relationship building atmosphere
Great company to work for
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 8, 2017
My typical day would be working my ques, taking phone calls as this was a call center environment to make reservations. I learned from my co-workers that diversity is appreciated. Management staff is great, always willing to listen & work to resolve any issues. The workplace culture is a call center & get quite busy & noisy. The hardest part of my job was having trouble understanding international clients. Most enjoyable part of my job was working w/the employees of FedEx, especially the crew members.
Pros
monthly incentives
Cons
healthcare
Nice place to work
International Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2017
Vibrant work Environment. Supportive colleagues and leaders.
Sometimes the working hours were too long and went unpaid depending on the day and the situation.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Productive interactive team
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2017
Outstanding company that allows you to grow and learn. Service desk team that helps each other and a manager that supports you. Customer focused and team oriented, best help desk I have worked or dealt with.
An interesting place to spend some time
Research & Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
This was my second go-round at BCD, and I only stayed three months. It was a good job, but pay was well below what it should have been. The team I was on was friendly, but did not work well together.
Pros
Virtual job opportunities
Cons
Low pay, expensive benefits with very high deductible and out of pocket max
Great Company with At-Home positions available
Corporate Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  at homeApril 10, 2017
Assigned to a specific pharmaceutical account team of six agents. 4 of team members had been with account for well over 10+ years, with 2 over 20 years. Being the new agent could have been intimidating; however, all agents were very supportive and helpful. As accounts are gained and lost - job security can be in limbo.
Pros
supportive enviroment/flexible
Cons
none -
Corporate Travel Consultant
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 21, 2017
I booked domestic and international travel for a high profile account. I answered inbound calls booking air, hotels and car reservations. The hardest part of the job was the level of stress.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
stressful environment
Great team working environment
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 14, 2017
At typical day at BDC you will arrange travel arrangements per the traveler's request within the guidelines of the traveler's company’s corporate travel policy.
Pros
Good comradery
Cons
Low pay compared to other travel companies.
Great work life balance
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 4, 2017
A typical day at BCD travel included answering phone calls in a call center setting while booking flights, hotels, and cars for clients. This included making changes to itineraries as well. It was a great steady job that provided a consistent schedule Monday through Friday with weekends and holidays off.
Pros
Consistent hours and holidays off, I worked with a great team as well.
Cons
Didn't always get my breaks because sometimes the workload was heavy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCD Travel. Our community is ready to answer.