BCD Travel Employee Reviews

Worst company I have worked for in many years
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  virtualDecember 25, 2016
I hate the company.

They are cheap, no possibilty of advancement. They will have you do a higher level job with no compensation

Management have no clue on how to book travel and just pass it back to agents to deal with.
Pros
Virtual positions
Cons
Expensive and restrictive healthcare, useless management, favoritism
Excellent Company to Work for
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 3, 2016
Excellent company to work for with a friendly environment, cool perks and tons of advancement opportunities. The management staff is excellent and very helpful. There are always available training classes available for areas that need improvement.
Pros
Excellent Perks and pay
Cons
non really
A great industry but compensation and management nneds improvement
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2016
A typical day includes processing employee and manager requests via HR systems. Main functions also included working with employees to resolve employee relations, payroll, and/or benefit issues.
Pros
The ability to work from home 2 days a week
Cons
Benefits and compensation were very low points
Started my travel agency career here and worked for them for 22 years!
VIP Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 25, 2016
I worked in many different roles and offices during my 22 years at BCD Travel. A gr4eat learning experience that got me started into travel technology which I am in love with now!
Pros
Many good years of experience
Cons
Management direction
good place to work
Senior Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 2, 2016
coworkers were fun, management very approachable and understanding, promoted from within, if you do your work right, you will grow within the company.
Pros
flexible shifts, management is willing to work with you, pay was great
Cons
the buiding was said to be haunted lol
Strict
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 13, 2017
This company pays well but is very strict. No fun at all. The management think you know or should know what your doing and co workers are so annoying but not disciplined
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
No fun
Management needs an overhaul
Senior International Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Definite need for improvement. Needs an update with new management and processes. Micromanaged and no people skills.
Don't work for this company
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 24, 2016
Unfair, gossip loving group. Balances work load on agents that are not favorites, while others sit around talking, eating, surfing the web. Don't work here
Pros
Pays on time
Cons
Unfair management
Great company!
Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Home-officeSeptember 19, 2016
BCD Travel was amazing company to work for! They encouraged a work/life balance and the management team in the CDS Department is amazing. Even working remotely, I never felt alone.
Fun Workplace
International Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Illinois.May 17, 2016
A typical day at work - is arranging travel for our corporate clients, travelling domestic and internationally. Answering calls, answering emails, monitoring queues, assisting with online concur queries.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short Lunch Hours.

Want to know more about BCD Travel?

Ask a question
A different kind of place to work for
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home based officeApril 11, 2016
The Training was far below what I would have expected from Corporate Travel.It was only 1.5 weeks and then we were on the floor and it was not enough time and the work hours were Awful. I was let go and should not have been when I was asking for help all the time.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Long Hours
Sr. Manager
Sr. Manager of Client Technology Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2016
I actually enjoy my job and have a staff of 32 techs and 12 tools. I can say that not one day is typical the same as we deal with our clients daily. We handle all of the Online Booking tools as well as other tools BCD has built. After being in Ops for over 25+ years, I truly have the overall experience to help any company compare what works best for the client.
Pros
Technology changes daily, I am very involved with what we do and how we offer it.
Cons
Working 12-14 hours to be able to talk with staff instead of email.
BCD still a great compan
Interntional Rate Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 6, 2016
I was laid off from them and then went to Travelocity. Then Travelocity merged with BCD - so, I am now back with them again.
BCD Travel
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 2, 2016
- Corporate travel consultant position
- They will offer training for you from A-Z
- Depend on which account you are assigned to, the workload could be from very light to heavy.
- Fun and helpful management
Fun place to work
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2016
The account I worked on was a blast. Not only were my co-workers fun but so was the clientele. My supervisor was very helpful when I wanted training in other areas of my job.
*Great Experience*
Senior Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 10, 2016
Managing multiple Clients, developing relationships with them and helping them achieve their financial savings goals. Loved it.
Pros
Experience
Very structured but a fun place to work
Senior Travel Consultant and VIP Desk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2015
The phone system was set up through the computer so if you were having computer problems they would still mark you late in signing in. The account I was on the first time I worked there was much more nice and accommodating. The account I most recently worked for was very demanding and not always nice to work with. The Management the second time around tried to work with any problem areas to help keep you aware of the needs of the account. My co-workers were nice most of the time. I did enjoy meeting with suppliers to learn about their products and win some of the quizzes offered while working there.
Pros
Several Free lunches that lasted an hour
Cons
Short Breaks and High Demands from the client
Great team support in my department
Corporate Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 9, 2016
Working for BCD was an enjoyable experience. The Team I was on was very supportive. Management always willing to lend a helping hand
Pros
team support
Wonderful place to work and great people to work with
Corporate VIP Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
I enjoy my day at BCD Travel. I am currently on the desk that books travel for corporate customers in the Caribbean area for a major corporation. A typical day could involve multiple travel destinations for a few individuals that involve Air, Hotel and Cars booked. I have some days that are more involved than others but each day is never the same and I love being able to sell, sell, sell!
Pros
Travel benefits are outstanding
Cons
No cafe on site and location has few lunch options available.
Great Place to Work
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 30, 2015
BCD Travel has been one of the best employers to work for. They definitely value their employers. There were always vendors coming in to re-educate us on the newest items on the market.

Outstanding place to work.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Unpredictable Work Flow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCD Travel. Our community is ready to answer.