BCforward Employee Reviews in United States

Subcontracted
SEO (Former Employee) –  Accenture in Louisville, TNSeptember 11, 2015
This is a contractor company who staffs by project. They offer a free but limited medical benefit package. The given compensation is unmatched in the area, but job security is never a promise and employees can be dismissed without warning, notice or reason at any time.
Pros
starting pay $13+/hr
Cons
uneasy work environment from instability, management, slow to respond
Stressful Work Envirnoment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2016
The supervisors here aren't qualified supervisors and they don't hire supervisors that have experience in the field they apply. My supervisor had no experience and was asking me questions that I could answer within the first week.

I worked ALL the time....from 8am until 1000pm at least once a week. I was expected to bring home my laptop and even work from home after hours and on the weekends. If you have a family this job will not be good for you!

Heaven for bid, you have to call in....even for an emergency. They DON'T care and WILL expect you to work. Then you WILL be "talked" to upon returning to work.
Pros
Good pay but definitely work LONG HOURS
Cons
Could use some improvement in wages and compensation packages
Search Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 4, 2015
Decent company to work for, however the compensation is not up to living standards and they do not offer comprehensive employment package which would include medical, dental and life insurance for their employees.
This company hires for contract employment on W2, but the wages are not competitive when compared to the industry and they do not do well when it comes to advancing the career of their contractors.
Pros
work life balance is great
Cons
Poor compensation based on cost of living and industry
Customer Service Representative working for contracted position.
Customer Service, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNMarch 2, 2016
Your co-workers here are great. The hardest part of this job was the fact that managers will tell you that they do not know how to fix any problem that you are having with your assignment. They cannot answer any questions about payroll or computer issues. They are more concerned about the work that needs to be done, then their actual employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was your co-workers and your hourly wage.
Pros
ping pong tables, lunches
Cons
management
You will regret it,
Tester- grade i-step (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2016
They hire anyone who has a Bachelors degree for I-Step testing. Kelly will pay you 1$ more - same work. The work is boring; same 2 pages to grade weeks at a time. The floor team managers can be abusive, some good-not many. Its like high school, you have floor managers who pick out favorites that only help some- and loudly make fun of other testers- just plain odd. Every test change has specific rules so they testers who do not get assistance are set up to fail- but what does that matter when they remind you they can replace you in a minutes time- and often due. You would think that someone would realize all this is bad policy as it costs to background check each tester.
Bad enough to see that you MAY get 2 students who get the 2 answers right once a week! Sad commentary on our education system. If you are ill - you best be there or you are fired. By the end of week 2 everyone in this huge room is sick and coughing due to this. If you have a job interview- you better get the job as you are fired. I saw a man whose mother died and he asked to be allowed 1 day off to attend funeral- they said sure, then terminated him. Just a sad commentary on the US and treatment of workers.
Pros
its money
Cons
Everything- your treated like dirt, very depressing, doesn't have to be, but is
Great place to work if you are a go getter
General Contractor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, TNApril 14, 2015
A very good job for someone needing a job quickly. Very professional area and coworkers are very diverse in thinking, skills and knowledge of life. Hardest part of job is waiting to see if contract will be renewed. Because starting out you are just a contractor. Most enjoyable part of the job is the environment with coworkers and also the unknown meaning you must be able to adapt to change.
Pros
good coworkers, salary, environment
Cons
slow in stability and moving up
Don't work for them.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2016
You are treated so badly. On my assignment you were followed everywhere you went. You never got a chance to breathe. The trainer was a temp and had a me against you attitude. She would form factions. Some of the other temps were so arrogant that they started bullying others too. However smarter people were trying to change her behavior. It didn't work. I didn't stay long.
Pros
Money
Cons
The evil culture
Great Company to Work for
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2015
BCforward is a great company with great company culture. I was an IT recruiter during my time there but recruiting was not a good fit for me.
Pros
Greaty company culture, hours are great, compensation package is fantastic
Cons
it honestly just isnt a good fit for everyone
Worst place I've ever worked
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaAugust 11, 2015
I would come into work at 9 am, then I would find out a meeting scheduled at 10 am was rescheduled at 8 am, five minutes before 8 am. The onsite client would do that to us regularly in order to trick us contractors into falling on our faces. I was constantly watching my back with no help from BCforward management. Once they told you where to go for work, you'd hear or see management again from BCforward. At that point all they cared about is you making them hourly money so they could make their profits.

Unfortunately, contracting means you will work with clients that hate you simply because you're a contractor. BCforward has no sympathy for that. I saw colleagues treated horribly by the client. The company only likes people that do not stand up for themselves, and are male. Women are laid off before getting into any positions of management, as those are all reserved for the men. The men protect eachother, even giving them work in between contracts. The women are all let go immediately and in a humiliating manner in front of other colleagues at the last minute---no warning.

I had no badge to go in and out of my workspace where I was supposed to be each day. I had to text colleagues to let me back in if I went to get food, or went to the bathroom. I was given no computer and had to use my own. When I asked the status, no one knew the answer. I applied for health insurance after 90 days, but I never received any of the cards to use it. However, the money was still taken out of my paycheck. No one at the main office knew answers to anything because the turnover rate is
  more... astronomical. They even hire people in HR to work only 1 week at a time, which was shocking to learn.

I know of a handful of women I worked with who were all let go in humiliating circumstances under the guise of 'budget issues'. None of the men were laid off---not ONE. To cover for their sexism, they will take a few men off the contracts and bring them back to the main office and continue paying them. They will then be placed on another contract at the same, or higher salaries, while all the women filed for unemployment insurance benefits.

At least one of the women has already obtained a lawyer. Honestly, I don't see this company lasting, which is fine. Companies like this shouldn't last. This company victimizes people further in this horrible economy by treating employees like they're worthless.
Pros
quick hiring process
Cons
HR is clueless, management is incompetent and selfish
It was a good place to work
Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2015
I typical day consisted of driving from one facility to another to get jobs done and sometimes they could be 30 to 50 miles apart if not further. for the most part management was great but they had some communication issues which made going to do jobs difficult at times. My co-workers and I were all mostly in different areas so we rarely worked together. The hardest part of the job was all of the driving and being alone most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job I guess would have to be that even though I was alone a lot I did get to meet and know some really great people and gained a lot of great knowledge from this amazing opportunity.
Pros
Free self-defense course taught by the DOC
Cons
A lot of driving in personal vehicle
Temp agency hiring for Accenture
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2015
The agency is only contracted with one business in my area. After you are hired they stop contacting you. They do not let you know in time that you contract has ended on time you find out when you show up to work and someone pulls you into an office and tells you didn't your agency contact you. Then four days later I get an call from the agency to inform me my contract was over.
Worked well with employees
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 7, 2015
Great Place to work. Payroll follow up was exceptional . I learned new computer and Copier Service. Dispatching Technicians was a major part of the position with the Buffalo Public Schools System.
Worse Contract Company to work
System Support (Former Employee) –  Mason OhioSeptember 10, 2015
BC Forward can't wait to get you started and all about you. Once the contract is coming to close or ends. They want nothing to do with you. They lied so they can get you in there, so the recruiters can make their bonus and quotos
Pros
Cons
all they care about is for the recruiters to make their money
standard contract company
Solution Test Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 7, 2015
Company takes any position they can bid for. no support for tecnical workers. has issues with providing healthcare to higher end workers
Great place to start
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2012
This was a great place to start out as for first contract job. Love the people and the location for which I am working.
Pros
salary w/benefits or hourly
Cons
when permoted, pay isn't raised to expected in region.
Great Starter as Contract Position
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2012
Great place to start out as if new to the contract world. I enjoyed the people and the contract that I worked for. I felt safe and secure in my position.
Pros
salary w/benefits or hourly
Cons
permotions are equal to going postion rates.
The contract did not include benefits or paid holidays
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMarch 26, 2014
Arcelor Mittal IT staff is very friendly. Hours are flexible. Remote work is possible sometimes.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
lack of benefits, not paid holidays
Fantastic work enviroment
CRM (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, Indiana, USMay 14, 2015
Absolutely fantastic company with great management. Made me feel completely appreciated.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my manager making me feel appreciated and constantly challenging me to ideas and taking control of my own projects.
Poor Management and training
Helpdesk Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2014
The initial training I got on site was poor and incomplete. As a "work from home" agent, training was done via chat or conference.
Because I have children I was offered medical insurance, but was never told about the plan, what coverage, copay, in/out patient care I have
When terminated...no documentation was provided, no documentation of any prior counseling was provided

Management only looked at numbers and never the employee.
When mistake were made, Management did not back or support the team member(s), only looked at the bottom line
Pros
work from home
Cons
training, management, insurance
Staffing company without morals
Accounting (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJuly 4, 2013
I worked in the corporate office for 3 years. I could not believe the attitude in office and towards employees out in the field. All upper management and the owner cared about was the bottom line. They don't care about the person or developing good employees. The turnover rate is really high. This isn't a career / life company to work for.
Pros
not strict on when you come in or leave
Cons
be ready to take work home all the time. when assignment is done, be prepared to find something else.

2.8