BCforward

BCforward Employee Reviews

Temp agency hiring for Accenture
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2015
The agency is only contracted with one business in my area. After you are hired they stop contacting you. They do not let you know in time that you contract has ended on time you find out when you show up to work and someone pulls you into an office and tells you didn't your agency contact you. Then four days later I get an call from the agency to inform me my contract was over.
Subcontracted
SEO (Former Employee) –  Accenture in Louisville, TNSeptember 11, 2015
This is a contractor company who staffs by project. They offer a free but limited medical benefit package. The given compensation is unmatched in the area, but job security is never a promise and employees can be dismissed without warning, notice or reason at any time.
Pros
starting pay $13+/hr
Cons
uneasy work environment from instability, management, slow to respond
Worse Contract Company to work
System Support (Former Employee) –  Mason OhioSeptember 10, 2015
BC Forward can't wait to get you started and all about you. Once the contract is coming to close or ends. They want nothing to do with you. They lied so they can get you in there, so the recruiters can make their bonus and quotos
Pros
Cons
all they care about is for the recruiters to make their money
standard contract company
Solution Test Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 7, 2015
Company takes any position they can bid for. no support for tecnical workers. has issues with providing healthcare to higher end workers
Worst place I've ever worked
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaAugust 11, 2015
I would come into work at 9 am, then I would find out a meeting scheduled at 10 am was rescheduled at 8 am, five minutes before 8 am. The onsite client would do that to us regularly in order to trick us contractors into falling on our faces. I was constantly watching my back with no help from BCforward management. Once they told you where to go for work, you'd hear or see management again from BCforward. At that point all they cared about is you making them hourly money so they could make their profits.

Unfortunately, contracting means you will work with clients that hate you simply because you're a contractor. BCforward has no sympathy for that. I saw colleagues treated horribly by the client. The company only likes people that do not stand up for themselves, and are male. Women are laid off before getting into any positions of management, as those are all reserved for the men. The men protect eachother, even giving them work in between contracts. The women are all let go immediately and in a humiliating manner in front of other colleagues at the last minute---no warning.

I had no badge to go in and out of my workspace where I was supposed to be each day. I had to text colleagues to let me back in if I went to get food, or went to the bathroom. I was given no computer and had to use my own. When I asked the status, no one knew the answer. I applied for health insurance after 90 days, but I never received any of the cards to use it. However, the money was still taken out of my paycheck. No one at the main office knew answers to anything because the turnover rate is
  more... astronomical. They even hire people in HR to work only 1 week at a time, which was shocking to learn.

I know of a handful of women I worked with who were all let go in humiliating circumstances under the guise of 'budget issues'. None of the men were laid off---not ONE. To cover for their sexism, they will take a few men off the contracts and bring them back to the main office and continue paying them. They will then be placed on another contract at the same, or higher salaries, while all the women filed for unemployment insurance benefits.

At least one of the women has already obtained a lawyer. Honestly, I don't see this company lasting, which is fine. Companies like this shouldn't last. This company victimizes people further in this horrible economy by treating employees like they're worthless.
Pros
quick hiring process
Cons
HR is clueless, management is incompetent and selfish
It was a good place to work
Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2015
I typical day consisted of driving from one facility to another to get jobs done and sometimes they could be 30 to 50 miles apart if not further. for the most part management was great but they had some communication issues which made going to do jobs difficult at times. My co-workers and I were all mostly in different areas so we rarely worked together. The hardest part of the job was all of the driving and being alone most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job I guess would have to be that even though I was alone a lot I did get to meet and know some really great people and gained a lot of great knowledge from this amazing opportunity.
Pros
Free self-defense course taught by the DOC
Cons
A lot of driving in personal vehicle
Fantastic work enviroment
CRM (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, Indiana, USMay 14, 2015
Absolutely fantastic company with great management. Made me feel completely appreciated.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my manager making me feel appreciated and constantly challenging me to ideas and taking control of my own projects.
Could use some improvement in wages and compensation packages
Search Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 4, 2015
Decent company to work for, however the compensation is not up to living standards and they do not offer comprehensive employment package which would include medical, dental and life insurance for their employees.
This company hires for contract employment on W2, but the wages are not competitive when compared to the industry and they do not do well when it comes to advancing the career of their contractors.
Pros
work life balance is great
Cons
Poor compensation based on cost of living and industry
Great Company to Work for
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2015
BCforward is a great company with great company culture. I was an IT recruiter during my time there but recruiting was not a good fit for me.
Pros
Greaty company culture, hours are great, compensation package is fantastic
Cons
it honestly just isnt a good fit for everyone
Great place to work if you are a go getter
General Contractor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, TNApril 14, 2015
A very good job for someone needing a job quickly. Very professional area and coworkers are very diverse in thinking, skills and knowledge of life. Hardest part of job is waiting to see if contract will be renewed. Because starting out you are just a contractor. Most enjoyable part of the job is the environment with coworkers and also the unknown meaning you must be able to adapt to change.
Pros
good coworkers, salary, environment
Cons
slow in stability and moving up
Decent company
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IowaJanuary 14, 2015
The starting pay rate is decent. They are a competitive company. Some workers get by with more then others, so I would say that the rules are not enforced fairly.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
the hours you are hired for are not guarenteed
Customer Service for Guthy Renker
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 22, 2014
The company I worked at was fantastic. All the people I worked with were fun and loving. However, the company I worked for BCForward wasn't really good at relaying information requested or getting back to us in a timely matter.
Poor Management and training
Helpdesk Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2014
The initial training I got on site was poor and incomplete. As a "work from home" agent, training was done via chat or conference.
Because I have children I was offered medical insurance, but was never told about the plan, what coverage, copay, in/out patient care I have
When terminated...no documentation was provided, no documentation of any prior counseling was provided

Management only looked at numbers and never the employee.
When mistake were made, Management did not back or support the team member(s), only looked at the bottom line
Pros
work from home
Cons
training, management, insurance
Great
QA / System Tester (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2014
Nothing negative.. Good company and good team members.

lower pay than previous jobs, but worth the change. Left due to contract ending
Pros
good to work with
Cons
pay
The contract did not include benefits or paid holidays
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMarch 26, 2014
Arcelor Mittal IT staff is very friendly. Hours are flexible. Remote work is possible sometimes.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
lack of benefits, not paid holidays
Productive and positive atmostphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day will consist of assisting customers. I learned a lot about the data based used on the job. My co-workers were like family. We helped and supported one another in time of need. The management was organized and professional. The hardest part of the day was trying to complete a lot of calls in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the day was being able to help customers that had difficult situations.
Pros
helping customers
Cons
n/a
Perfect place to work
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2014
Company focused on growth, provides opportunities for trying different roles and experiences
Lots of smart people to interact with and a nice atmosphere.
Consulting agency that works with former employer
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2014
Working with this company makes assignments with a previous employer work easily.
good company poor service with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 18, 2013
a typical day at work answer the phone with questions of Penn Dot with poor managerment.
Pros
good service
Cons
giving a job to unexperience customer service creating chaos at the job enviroment
Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Temporary Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasAugust 29, 2013
Loading/Unloading freight trucks shrink wrapping pallets weight count,packing material to customers using UPS,Fed-Ex,and DHL. Using JDEdwards looking up for parts to ship out to customers on a timely manner,forklift operator (certified) sit-down,stand-up,Raymond.