BCFS Employee Reviews in United States

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT work here
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX -Foster CareSeptember 20, 2015
If I could I would give it zero stars. Please Stay far away from this place as you possibly can!!!!! Management for the international foster care area in San Antonio TX is by far the most incompetent group i have worked for. you are expected to work overtime to get the job done but you will not be compensated, you will not be trained and there are double standards. You are expected to go above and beyond but you should not expect that in return from your superiors. Expect constant criticism yet no praise, and constant micromanaging
Pros
Co-Workers
unprofessional environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2016
The ORR Call Center is the most unprofessional setting I have every worked at. The work performed helps marginalized people mostly from Central America. It is a wonderful mission. The management, however, is unprofessional. Several in management exhibit poor behavior (rudeness, harassment, foul language) on a weekly basis. I am sure upper management as well as Human Resources knows what goes on, but choose to remain silent. They could totally change the feel, the environment by deleting several of their top people. HR knows who they are. These Mussolini-like individuals behaved equally poorly during the 2014 summer surge. Yelling, harassment and threats are their typical behavior. By remaining silent, they are accomplices. Keep the federal government contracts coming!!! Enough is enough.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
highly unprofessional staff, favoritism, ignore harrassment
pros and cons
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 31, 2016
BCFS is an organization that assist and helps the children that come from other countries by providing them with shelter, food, and care. BCFS also has issues that when they are seeking to hire they are very poor in how they handle recruit and just start to hire individuals left and right without really having done the search for if the organization will have the funds available.

The president of the organization and the Director of the organization need to really pay attention to what their higher supervisors of the employees are doing and when complains have been brought up nothing is done and instead they will get rid off you because they feel you are a liability to their jobs.

The good thing is that it is wonderful to hear and see when the child is finally able to leave and reunite with their families and that in itself is worth everything.
Pros
Cons
I would not recommend BCSF.
strict but productive workplace with great compensation
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2015
BCFS was a great learning experience. They paid really well and were very understanding of personal needs. Also the benefits were great and they gave you the opportunity to work as much hours as you wanted in order to hit over time.
Great if you like working with kids
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 15, 2016
8-12 hours standing consecutively
Routine varying on a daily basis
Work to be concluded as clerical work with limited knowledge
Changing people's lives, leaving smiles on faces, teaching, and giving them a strong sense of hope is the best part of the job
This company has poor management. They put people on a position of power and leadership without any regard to qualification or people or management skills. The program Director runs this program as it is his personal business.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner(depending on shift)
Cons
Sometimes you don't get a break
The culture of the organization is mainly to help others, which is the reason I loved working here so much.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 14, 2016
The culture of the organization is appealing to anyone who likes to help others. I was proud to be a part of such a great project. Unfortunately, due to my personal circumstances at the time, I was unable to focus on my job and decided to resign. This is a great organization to work for. I would highly recommend BCFS to anyone seeking employment.
was able to be with family if needed
Lead Supervisor in Maintenance Department (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 19, 2016
Responsible for overall operation and management of the facility.
Keeping up with important documentation in reference to work orders.Complying with ORR requirements, Policies and Procedures as well as State Licensing Minimum Standards.
Pros
was able to leave if needed
Cons
Do not work for them if you can avoid.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I was paid under the company advertised starting pay wage for 2 yrs. Worked lots of overtime due to lazy staff and management. Worked a management position without the tittle and was passed over for non experienced/ younger staff.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Poor Training, Lazy Staff
A place with indefinitely posibilities for growth
SHIFT LEAD MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 6, 2015
Excellent management team. Many material provided for growth of the personal. Decent amount of politics expected from big organizations. Excellent experience dealing with the type of populations. Helps you develop interpersonal skills and provides a great experience for future jobs in the human services field.
It was a pleasnat experience.
Educational Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work for me is being very productive. I have supervised up to 16 employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
working with children and great adults.
Cons
healthcare
Solid
20 man Unit Crew member (forest firefighter) (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BCJuly 16, 2016
The highest level of professionalism that i have been apart of 18 years, the training, the supervision and everyone in general was a pleasure to work with.
Bcfs
Case Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2016
I enjoy working at BCFS. The only issues are the fact that it is a grant related employer which does not guarantee employment in the long run.
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 7, 2016
Work was fun. Learned about different cultures. Management is ok. Co-workers were great. most enjoyable part of the job was coworkers.
its a great company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 8, 2016
I love working for this company and love what I do here
but it need more work, to much favoritism over work and don't what to give you raise.
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks and good healthcare
A work place that requires patience
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 16, 2016
Working there requires a 24-7 availability while watching and caring .for youths between the ages of 05 - 17 years old. Must attend with classes with children from watching 1 to 8 youths per day.
An organization to gain experience in case management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2015
Enjoy gaining experience in working with children and rewarding job. Enjoy traveling to conduct home visits with at risk children. Have a great relationship with co workers and my supervisior is great! The pay could be alot better
Pros
experience
Cons
benefits and salary
Compassionate vision
ESL Facilitator III (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2015
Prepare and deliver ESL lesson plans to a vast and diverse population of young children. It is a rewarding experience to be able to influence one child at the time while they await for family/sponsor reunification.
We have a great group of co-workers who share the same vision and mission for these children while in our care.
I really enjoy the opportunity to engage with these young children, not only on a learning level but also in the ability to assist them mentally and emotionally.
Productive, rewarding and the best job I have ever had.
Cases Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2015
The most rewarding job on the planet. The hours were from 8 to 8 but the job was fun rewarding and overall great. There are a few things that are bothersome like the hours and some bad news that you can't control. The reward of reuniting families and bettering people's lives is the ultimate compensation.
BFCS Phoenix Parent Aid
Parent Aid (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaJanuary 7, 2014
No proper training, no resources or tools. Unorganized,poor leadership,no office phones provided,which forces the use of private cell phones.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits, not full time, bad management
Gratifying
CASE MANGER (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 28, 2015
This job is a fulfillment for what I enjoy to do: help others. It has aloud me to learn more in personal while working for the minors of their cultural, financial, and political aspects of their lives.