BCI Employee Reviews

Nice comoany to work for, but very long hours standing on the job.
account direc (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2017
I made great money being a Account director for 5 years in Chicago here, but the very long hours and standing for the same, was too much for me in the past few years. I loved training recruits, recruiting the same, and developing the same was very inspiring to me.
Pros
Great earning potential
Cons
very long hours, No benefits. Standing all day.
Very poor management and one sided.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cord, AROctober 23, 2017
Superviser over day to day operations at Qurry has no idea of how to handle a crew or lead a crew and likes to yell and cuss the employees under him and higher management does nothing about him or the way he acts.
Pros
Job work/life balance is extremely great decent pay
Cons
Poor management and one sided
Challenging
Visitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 5, 2017
Need to be on your feet at all times and be prepared to think outside the box on most days. The sciences that BCI uses is an imperative knowledge to work there.
Poor Management
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moscow Mills, MOAugust 14, 2017
Lack of training. Uptight manager. That is all I have to say. Terrible training and terrible management. Train was subpar and management lacks the ability to train and teach their fellow production managers.
Productive, fun and rewarding workplace
Nurse Educator and Program Director (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAAugust 4, 2017
BCI is a great company to work with. The most rewarding part of the job is getting the feedback from currently students on how well they are doing after attending BCI.
Enjoy working there
Food Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sanderson, FLJuly 22, 2017
Enjoy working there, but no opportunity for advancement in the department. The department does not provide benefits for all the staff members, and they are limited with being able to provide career services to all the staff members
Pros
staff
Cons
no ability for advancement, besides healthcare, no other benifits
Experienced Techs
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
The overall end product falls in the hands of the techs. They do have some very good techs that are knowledgeable and know how to do the job correctly.
Loved my coworkers
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 4, 2017
I love my fellow coworkers. Management at times was come and go. We had many different directors and deans. The focus and mission of the organization seemed to change with each new Director. However, the organization has had stable leadership for a while now.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
Constant change in focus
good air conditioned work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMay 8, 2017
I worked on different assembly lines doing all kinds of products like Lysol detergent,shampoo,dog food,mousetraps,and termite casings.I learned how to drive a Crown Forklift,use scanners,and using tablets.management is improving,workplace culture was easygoing.The hardest part of the job is the workpace,the most enjoyable part was know you did a good days work
Pros
Big Lunchroom, lots of vending machines.
Cons
sometimes we had to work overtime.
Very fun place to work, nice employees.
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 19, 2017
Very nice environment to work in. Very nice employees the hours vary, and when it is winter you might as well find another job. The supervisor would always be in the office until it was time to check the rooms.
Cons
Low houra
group home was closed down
Behavioral Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2017
I cant say much because with in 8 months of me being there they closed the group home and restructured the company. the results was I was moved to another position.
Their rate of pay is a lil low
Dining Facility Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAApril 13, 2016
They have great Insurance but the hours are a lil low seems like you never know exactly when you will work. They have several safety violation i've seen and reportd and no actions have been taken to correct them. 1, they have extensions cords laying across the floor in bldg 8239. They have a gas leak in bldg 8240 since October 2015 still haven't been repaired. also at bldg 8239 there are no lights on the west side of the bldg. at night.
When they are loading and unloading the trucks with( mermites) these are food containers no one is practicing safety.
Pros
They have great people working for them. and great insurance
Cons
The union stewart do not stand up for the members never have meetings with the new employers., safety is lacking..
Fun and Interesting place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAMarch 8, 2016
BCI days started with coordination of fleet dispatch and fielding calls for new orders. The days were long when the truck was down but I enjoyed trying to figure out away to make our customers satisfied during these difficult times.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No health care
By far the best job I have had
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St Peters MONovember 10, 2015
A typical day would begin with face to face communication with each employee. Then the day would be about supervising the employees, working with lead staff to fill placements as needed, and typical clerical duties such as payroll and computerized documentation.
Pros
Working with a diverse group of people
Cons
Sometimes long hours
its a fun place to work in.
Assistant Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2015
excellent experience in learning the front and the back of the house, as if were a restaurant but yet its a four stare soup kitchen.
as well a distribute the produce to the commun ity.
Pros
produce fresh from the farm
Cons
no advancement
sales!!!!!!
Administrative Manager BCI/Union Tribune Newspaper (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2015
Opening the office and setting sales reps. Training new sales reps. Management was always willing to help and give advice. The hardest part of the job was always being on call. The great bonus and enjoyed all my co-workers
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
Excelente Empresa
Asistente de Cuentas Corrientes (Former Employee) –  Servicio al ClienteAugust 5, 2015
Muy Agradecida de haber pertenecido a esta empresa , con muchos valores para los trabajadores , muy buenos beneficios ,te entregan las herramientas necesarias para poder crecer e interiorizarte en todo lo que a tu cargo compete , muy buen ambiente de trabajo ,tus superiores están siempre preocupados de que estés trabajando de la mejor forma posible ,te capacitan para que puedas realizar tus labores con profesionalismo ,en resumen BCI una Empresa de Excelencia
Pros
Excelentes beneficios para el trabajador y sus familia
Cons
Nada
Site Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDApril 29, 2015
Wonderful people, good varied projects, management was the best! The hardest part was leaving. A typical day would bring something different. The company has been bought out.
Pros
Wonderful co workers
Cons
Some times slow
Gave me freedom to pick my own hours.
Commercial Cleaning Tech. (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILApril 12, 2015
This was an especially excellent job as i was raising my kids as a single parent. it allowed me the freedom to work the shifts that were most convenient and it didn't interfere with my parenting job.
Pros
freedom of hours worked.
Cons
no benefits
Reliable Company to work for
Medical claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2015
My tenure at BCI has been good.
I was laid off due to workload being moved to another location of the Company. Co-workers were the best