BD Employee Reviews

I love to work full time !
Field Service Engineer / Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I loved working for BD but my time was up! working was very flexible. I was in the field so I was given a laptop, a phone. I traveled all the time I just loved working for them my boss were super cool.
Pros
Be own boss!
Cons
not to my knowledge
Challenging and large organization
Regional Director, Customer Success Management (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2017
Large matrix organization with multiple layers of leaders. A typical day at work is waking up and seeing what my customers are doing, what they need. Spent large amount of time, 75%, in emails and conference calls.
Loved what I did
Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2017
I was a contract worker for this company via Manpower. I would stay if my contract was able to be extended. It was to be an 18 month contract and when my contract is up it will be 41 months. I felt respected and valued for my assets to the team.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
Manpower
factory worker
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  14 Graceway Canaan Ct. 06018May 25, 2017
great place to work I started out as molding machine opeator then I was trained to print on syringes , then I learn how to assemble the the syringes with the plungers, add needle to tip. then I learn how to package the syringes to pack in boxes and put on pallets. Management was great to work for. The hardest part about the job was when something goes down and you can't make the product. I enjoy working with different people . It was like they was family.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
when Machines goes down
Field Service Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2016
There are many divisions of this company. I am an home based field service engineer for the diagnostics division based in the Baltimore area. So, I can't really comment to much on the corporate workings, but it does appear everyone is happy.
Pros
One of the last employers with a corporate pension plan outside of the 401k plan.
Cons
Large regulated corporate environment not a fit for me.
Financial Manager/CCaR Database Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 29, 2016
Managed, administered and maintained cost and requirements database. Trained Users on the system. Worked with military, government and contractor personnel.
An awesome company with some amazing coworkers
Analyst, Product Implementation (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2016
Advancement is a little tough with senior positions exclusively filled externally. Work life balance doesn't exist for field personnel. Job description says 50-75% travel but 100% is the norm while people are travelling to cities where others live.
No clear promotion path with "manager's discretion" being the goal to achieve and that's ever changing.
Pros
Travel points, some amazing peers
Cons
100% travel and no advancement due to exclusive external hires
Great Work Environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJune 27, 2016
The whole company stays true to helping make healthy lives and improve the health of the world as much as possible. I would suggest anyone to work here if you are looking to impact the world even in the smallest way.
Review of BD
Continuous Improvement Leader (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NEJune 9, 2016
Fast paced work environment. People are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. Hard working individuals. Management encourages the use of Kaizens to tackle problems that arise or those that are long standing.
An Excellence place to work
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 8, 2016
If i could have the opportunity, I would love to make BD a permanent work place. Overall, its an excellent place to work. I were given the opportunity to get experience as an press operator and I always wanted the opportunity to work at BD.
Cons
short lunch break
Great Opportunities
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJanuary 11, 2016
BD is a fast paced and progressive company that will provide any employee with endless opportunities for experience and advancement.
BD was a great place to work
Senior Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 26, 2015
some of the things I learned was received constant web based classes on compliance SOX, HIPA, international work relations as well as IT related processes. my co-workers were a wonderful enjoyable group of people.
The hardest part of the job was working with vendors to resolve issues with archiving was very frustrating and consumed much of my time.
Knowledgeable and skilled employees.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCJune 11, 2015
Good work environment with very limited opportunities for advancement. Quality is implemented throughout the process.
Pros
Skilled people
Cons
no room for personal growth.
Large, stable company with great benefits package.
RPO Recruiter for Agile 1 (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2014
One of the few companies that keeps people around for a long time.
Production (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 9, 2014
The work environment was great. Everyone got what they needed done. We made sure that our products was made like how it was suppose to. At the end of the day it was great to see that we accomplish our goals.
Pros
Everyone did what the needed to and the pay.
Cons
The lunch was too high and breaks need to be longer for those who work 12 hours.
Wow....Get to work with robots
SR BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST / CI LEADER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJuly 8, 2014
Great place to work. Many things and options for employment. Seeing things built in a manufacturing plant reminds one that we do still make things in the U.S.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
uniforms
BD Solutions
CG Generalist (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 27, 2013
I was responsible for converting 2D product concepts into color 3D representations, as well as any 2D graphics, Video Editing or web design that is required to be completed. My boss is great to work with and has reasonable dead lines.
Pros
Remote work from home
Cons
Inconsistent pay
Great place work
Customer Support Rep II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2013
I enjoyed my co-workers and boss
It was the same thing everyday
Hardest part was my commute
Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
The Jobs that we go on are fine.
Clean-up Crew (Current Employee) –  Kensington, PAJune 16, 2013
I did not appreciate how being that this was a temp agency, managers had their favorites and if you are not known like that, you are likely to one of the last picked to go on an assignment. Maybe if an employee is absent or they don't have enough crew then you will get picked. I believe everyone deserves a fair chance.
Good small company
Structures/Aerospace Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 5, 2013
Fun, small company. Not sure how to culture has changed after SAIC buyout.