BDP International Employee Reviews

Productive Work Place
Export Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAMarch 6, 2017
The people working there are very friendly and task oriented. It is a fast work place environment. They typically do not hire people with logistic skills because they would like to train you as their own.
Job is okay, some room for advancement, employees are terrrible though.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2017
The actual job is okay and helps your day go by quickly. There is some room for advancement but not as much as there should be. Employees are very rude though.
Nice Workplace
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2017
One of the world’s leading privately owned transport and logistics companies. Friendly coworkers. Overall my experience at BDP has been good.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
lack of opportunities for advancement and development
Busy work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2017
Very busy days dealing with people that do not make the job enjoyable whatsoever. Employees are the only benefit of working there.
nice workplace
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2017
great place to work. things were great but with recent job changes hav made me want to explore others options. if work was stable i would love to work for a longer period
Relaxed Atmosphere with minimal Growth
Air Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GANovember 7, 2016
Most days are very repetition. The atmosphere is really relaxed. The job requires a lot of individual work with some team work. I have learned to interact with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility with the schedules needed for family and personal needs. The hardest part of the job is not having a lot of room to grow.
Pros
It is very relaxedtThe work is fairly simple most of the time, here is flexibility when schedules need to changed.
Cons
There is very little room to grow, the work is repetition and can get dull. It is not challenging.
Fast paced and productive
Customer Service Rep./Bill of Lading Retriever (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 25, 2016
Continuous work loads. Job stability. Good place to work for and work amongst a good team of peers. Job advancement. Ways to further your education
Bdp
Logistics Coordinator III - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2016
I love my co-workers. My team is some of the hardest working women I know. Management is lacking leadership. The hours are really suitable and flexible.
Great Learning opportunity
Air Import Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2016
The day goes by so fast. You are super busy from the time you come in until it is time to go. Coworkers are close. it is a really small office. The hardest part of the job is making sure the entries are correct, and when emailing customers you are giving the correct information.
Pros
hour lunches. pay
Cons
feeling under appreciated. favoratism
very prodctive work place
Quality Inventory Control/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 1, 2016
Document receipts, shipping and receiving in warehouse, analyzing hazardous freight materials. I also stock and did inventory.
Pros
Great learing experience loved what my job consisted of.
Cons
sometime I got to grounded in my work and didn't want to leave anything for the next day.
Mindless Data Entry
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, PAAugust 12, 2016
Mindless data Entry Position. Work days are very repetitive and there are hardly no opportunities for advancement. Work hours are good however getting approved for overtime is seldom.
It was a good Foot in The Door.
TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
It is a good Company to get you foot in the door. It is very hands on training. You need to pick it up quick. My direct manager was not very helpful.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work / Life Balance
Fast pace, busy, overwhelming environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2016
Very business and challenging
Learned how to Multi-task and adapt to new responsibilities
Poor management skills
Not much communication nor team work within the department
The hardest part is the over workload with little help
Most enjoyable was providing customer satisfaction and positive feedback
Pros
Family oriented company
Cons
Not much growth opportunity
Positive Experience
Logistics Coordinator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2016
Great atmosphere, great people. Management is average as it pertains to balancing work loads and employee satisfaction.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch. Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Cons
Average Management
Great place to get experience
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
Working at BDP is definitely an experience worth having. The workplace is diverse in both culture and age. All non-expemt employees have a 7.5 hour work day (hour lunch included). Most managers are flexible on your schedule (7:30am - 4pm or 9am - 5:30pm, etc.) which also helps in order to maintain round-the-clock customer service for our accounts. Management has an open door policy and voicing opinions is encouraged (if not required). Best of luck with raises/promotions though, and this is one topic that they do not care to hear your opinion on. Overall great place to work.
Pros
steady hours, manageable workload, open door policy
Cons
low morale
Great Company to Work for
Loogistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 8, 2016
Was a good company to work for. Friendly people and nice environment. Couldn't have asked for a better company to work for and wish I could have stayed on
Family Company
Licensed Customs Broker - Logistics Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 16, 2016
BDP is a great family owned company. The culture is a little behind the times which is refreshing coming from big corporate companies.
Customers are loyal which comes with lack of change or excitement.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Small company, lack of advancement
general
Import Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 9, 2016
could be better. Not my dream job, may be someone else's. not good benefits. small office and everyone minds everyone's business
Bdp
Import Coordinator & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAMay 9, 2016
BDP was a great position and provided me with a lot of skills and knowledge. Co-workers were always great to be on a team with and management always backed you up when needed.
Change has been for the better
Logistics Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2016
Manager is rotating us in different regions to keep us fresh and on our toes. Change is the only constant and this is helping.
Pros
Enjoyable office environment, team is great.
Cons
Lots of meeting with the upper mngrs but nothing is communicated. Everything is treated as a secret, including changes. It would be nice to give us some time to process new changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDP International. Our community is ready to answer.