BDP International

BDP International Employee Reviews

Family owned and operated company with strong family values
Project Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2015
Review customer issues and bookings. Ensure no decline to operational productivity and provide process improvements.
Always strive to do my best at work each day and bring a positive attitude to work everyday.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Aston, PAApril 27, 2015
Pros: bonuses, company picnics, bosses were so understanding
Cons: contract was not as long as promised.
Loved my former coworkers and they always said i am always happy. i believe that's kind of attitude that made us get along so well and work done in a timely and enjoyable manner.
Great work environment
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDApril 15, 2015
Great work environment. Worked for company for 2yrs working with trucking companies and vendors getting shipment information for our customer (Panasonic). Independent work load but was able to get assistance from management when needed.
Fun workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches, location, management
Cons: wages
I learned how to stay organized, multi-task several duties, and communicate effectively with my team. I learned how international logistics opperate.
Challenging family owned environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2015
This is a company in growth mode, but is a family owned business and has the nuances that come along with family. There are a ton of opportunities, but sometimes new ideas are met with resistance due to a fear of change.
Great team
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Linden, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: employee recognition, bonus, room for advancement
Serving our customer first hand is always the goal. I learned to work with our clients on site and walk in their shoes to better understand their needs for success. The managers are all team player and will jump in to assist if necessary. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the time alloted to complete the daily assignments. Time is of essence when forwarding resources needed to run a business.
An overall learning experience
Entry Writer/Import operations (Former Employee), Bensenville, ILJanuary 26, 2015
I see this as an opportunity where I was able to utilize my skills - I enjoyed learning the chemical side of import and acquiring an insight along with gaining new knowledge to another area of logistics.
People are good.
Export Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Work hard and weekends, You get 2 10 minute breaks and a hour for lunch.
BEST JOB BUT SHORT LIVED
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Aston, PADecember 23, 2014
Pros: treated like i was family
Cons: have nothing bad to say about this company i loved to work for.
A very nice and laid back company to work for i miss everyone i worked with at bdp.
Productive and good place to learn more work
Senior UI/Web Developer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2014
Productive and good place to improve your skill and learn more.
Good compnay to work for
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDNovember 4, 2014
Process order for domestics and international customers.
Responsible to coordinate ocean export trafficking functions, data entry, and document distribution duties associated with customer ocean export shipments through BDP.
•Responsible for preparing Export Documentation (B/L, SED, BOOKING, CERTIFICATED OF ORIGIN and HAZMAT DECLARAITON).
Coordinate cargo availability and arrange pickup and delivery, and finalize billing and distribute documents as required.
Review daily monitoring reports, ensure all measurements standards are met, and proactively.
Working with letter of credit, review export orders to determine documentation required for destination country.
Monitors sailing information to ensure documentation is submitted according to vessel schedule.
Summit the A E S #.
A great company with great benefits.
Entry Writer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation week.
Cons: medical insurance cost. hours
Overall my experience at BDP has been satisfactory. The work can be intense at times, with high demands from the customer. I have learned to deal with many different personalities, both at BDP and through my primary customer. Enjoyable parts of my position include employee appreciation times where the management will bring in food or do activities to increase moral.
We've been doing it this way for years mentality
Team Leader (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2014
Manage a team of 6 and monitor workflow and all communication with customer.
Review and create documents prepared for Letters of Credit.
Book lanes for export of goods.
I enjoyed working with my team and being able to assist them with all of their needs and questions.
I was a part time employee but did recieve good reviews for my work.
Customer Service Representation (Telecommute) (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
I worked part time from home for BDP International.

Working up files and completing reports
Underpaid, but a good company
Logisitics Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2014
This is a company in a good location where you can gain great experience. The pay is too low though and should not stay there entire career.
Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee), Huntersville, NCJune 8, 2014
Great company, people, compensation. Challenging to go out of your comfort zone and try new advanced tasks. Hardest part of job is the hours required to get tasks done. Most enjoyable part of job is co-workers and job assignments being challenging.
Its good working at BDP...
Java Developer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2014
Its good working at BDP...learnt few new things in the project..had meetings regularly discussing abt the project dead lines and stuff. overall it is a good experience work at BDP. I am done with the assignment and looking for a new contract role.
All Business !!
Import Coordinator (Former Employee), York, PAMay 16, 2014
Pros: learned alot about the business.
Cons: lot stress making deadlines.
Alot bigger and less joking and talking atmosphere. You were pushed alot; definitey more strident work place. No laughing or joking. Nose to grind stone. They paid you to work and that is what they expected. Socialize on your time. They are very good to their employees but it is strictly business place. Workers are great people for the most part. Would meet and laugh and talk on breaks or lunch time.
Great Family oriented company
International Air Export Account Representative (Current Employee), philadelphiaMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: overwhelming and no room for advancement
My typical day at work is keying in air freight shipments from our gateways. Arranging pick ups from customer sites, answering emails/phone calls
Interesting work. Lots of legacy applications
Integration Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2014
It was an interesting time to work at BDP. The only concern was too many business processes relied on Legacy applications.

About BDP International

Be it by air, ground or ocean, BDP International is in the business of moving raw materials and finished products around the globe. – Read more

BDP International Salaries