BDP International Employee Reviews

Productive fast pace job
Breakbulk Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 19, 2017
I enjoyed the rush of making sure the customer received their cargo in a timely manner which made the customer very happy so that means I was a success!
Pros
Every Friday Free Lunch
Cons
X-mas bonus
Productive Workplace
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2017
Solid company to get you start in logistics and supply chain. Workload can be heavy based on customer demand. If you show a desire to advance there are opportunities. Multiple offices in the US and abroad allow for opportunities to work in different locations.
Focused and intense enviorment
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2017
It's an okay place to work.Lots of overtime, Great co-workers. Kind of a high school kind if feel which could be good or bad i guess. Decent pay, Great benefits.
Great place to start in the Freight Forwarding business
EXPORT TRANSPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
It was a great place to get your foot in the door to expand knowledge of the industry. My manager was very knowledgeable and willing to help when needed/asked.
Pros
Floor manager easy to get along with
Cons
Advancement opps are hard to come by
Its ok to work
Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
Management did not give much assistance, no cross training, low payment rate, good vacation time, sick time, good team lead, switch places at least 5 or 6 times in a year.
Not professional
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 11, 2017
Obsolete operating system with no manual/ training for it and a lack of professional corporate management to drive a professional work environment. They instead leave it at the department management's feet to figure out a way to deal with day to day operations.
Its not the company its self, its the York office
BL RETREIVAL for DOW / DUPONT (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 22, 2017
Get rid of the bad management all would be good then. They only look out family members and there friends. Honestly, they don't care if you have a life outside of work, you need to be available to them when they ask.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Horrible mangagement
Fast-paced work environment and Critical learning curb
Full-Time Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
From the environment to the workload, everything at BDP was top notch and high quality. The seasoned veterans on staff were great at providing assistance but I believe, when on-boarding new staff, management could have been more of assistance and less critical. Any mistake, despite how new any of the incoming staff was to the field itself, was met with sarcastic condescension. Overcoming this was the first obstacle I witnessed without having to deal with it directly. This was literally the only issue with the job, despite how huge an issue this was. I'd still recommend it as management's tenure may be temporary.
Great Entry Level Job
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 5, 2017
I worked here for a short summer as a clerical assistant, and it taught me many amazing organizational and managerial techniques. It further improved my clerical techniques and taught me to be more organized.
Worked as an intern
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2017
I was here for a summer and placed on a large account. The area was open and I was a positive team environment. The training was good, and the access to management for any issues was great.
Pros
Downtown Philadelphia, good people
Cons
Downtown Philadelphia- commuting was a challenge
Busy But High Stress
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 22, 2017
Within the first week, I was warned about how stressful it is to work there. It's nice having my own desk and an hour lunch. There's plenty of overtime, but often mandated (so don't make plans if it gets too busy). The training isn't as good as it should be. They let you get things wrong and expect you to remember A LOT, but wont provide you with valuable information to better your performance. I didn't even know my actual job title until week two. Some of the people are helpful and friendly. However, the pay and benefits are not worth the amount of stress for this job. The money they offer to start is not enough to afford the overly expensive "benefits".

My advice to the company, pay your people better and don't stress your employees right out the door. Also, offer a better healthcare package. Seriously, the package offered is a joke.
Pros
hour lunch, personal desk, overtime, free coffee
Cons
mandatory overtime, high-stress, insufficiant training, poor pay/benefits
For some it good place not for me.
Import-Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2017
Company doesn't have a set training program, would advise you only apply here if you have in-depth experience in the field, even then might not be enough. Property programs that make office work difficult.

Most of the staff is very friendly and approachable. However not a very good cross functional team setup.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Horrible worklife balance, commute
Account ownership
Account Manager - Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 17, 2017
Ability to dive into and take ownership of a large, global network. Strong leader needed to manage a team of Coordinators with many different work measures.
Pros
Account ownership
Cons
Office environment
Imports - High Turnover, Low Morale and Bad Management
Logistics Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2017
It isn't a bad place to work as long as you are not in Imports. There is a culture of favoritism in the Imports Department that affects the department directly. Management is really terrible, out of touch and bad at communicating - if they even do. The turnover is incredibly high in the Imports Department.
Pros
I get money
Cons
Everything else
Left the company
Logistics Coordinator/ Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 2, 2017
I decided to leave this company in pursue of a better opportunity. At the time this was a great opportunity. It gave me experience as a Logistic analyst which added valuable experience to my career experience.
Good place to start a career in logistics / supply chain
Ocean Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 19, 2017
Once you learn the ropes, its extremely fast paced. It can be overwhelming and may burn you out after a couple of years. The high level management try very hard to stay active in the corporate culture. You can learn a lot.
Pros
Employees and management are supportive
Cons
Low pay, very little chance for advancement ( in export department)
Productive place to work
OPERATIONS MANAGER - AIR FREIGHT & GATEWAY (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
Productive place to work. Great coworkers and good friends, Solid client base and a niche market being petrochemicals. Would like a chance to advance and show my real skills, however have not been afforded a real chance.
Pros
Lots of birthday parties for employees.
Cons
The new upper management team or not real personable.
Not a company to grow and succeed
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 5, 2017
A typical day starts with the usual checking for incoming containers, checking emails and responding to customers and printing out the orders that need to go out that day,, Management has been very poorly in the last couple of months it has became a very stressful and hostile environment for all employees and that I must say would be the hardest part of this job.
Pros
Cons
management
Don't work here. Horrible management. Absolutely no diversity training.
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2017
No advancement, unless you are pals with someone in upper management. Lots of cursing and swearing at meetings. I was embarrassed. Lots of finger-pointing, especially when things don't go as planned. I learned nothing. My skills were exploited and I got paid. I was not formally trained in new skills or technology, even though I was promised I would be.
Pros
I got a paycheck
Cons
see my review. And there's more.
Good place to work but not enough money
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  York County, PAMay 12, 2017
Great job but nowhere near enough of a paycheck to make a decent living. The managment is great, they work with you when you are having a hard time in life and do not make you come in when you are sick. I
Pros
wonderful management, coworkers and great healthcare
Cons
pay