BDP International Employee Reviews

bad review
Logistics Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Only pro is a paycheck.. don't work here unless you have to

Turn over rate is extremely high.

You aren't doing logistics you are a glorified data entry clerk. If you ask questions, you will be targeted as a trouble maker.
Pros
PAY CHECk
Cons
everything else
Leadership is inspiring and cultivates an entrepreneurial spirit
Regulatory Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2016
After my extensive experience employed with the largest broker in the nation, I am more than happy with my experience here at BDP. The leadership continues to surprise me with their intellect and keen, insightful knowledge of the industry and trends therein.

The culture here is open, honest and professional. The focus is to pull in the best talent to fill the role. Then, encourage that talent to excel. The best candidate will already have demonstrated competencies in areas such as: self-starter, works well without supervision, manages their work load to achieve optimal results.

The work environment is friendly, hard-working and motivated. Leadership is warm, approachable and extremely knowledgeable. I have seen it first-hand: the grace and professional tact of executive management maneuvering difficult service situations (as we have all experienced in the industry). It's truly motivating to see such finesse unfold effortlessly. It makes me strive to improve myself in all aspects.

In my past experience, these situations were tense and awkward at best. In great contrast, BDP recognizes these situations as opportunities to excel in service, because our clientele respects us enough to give us feedback.
Pros
Exemplary Leadership
Cons
If you're NOT a self-starter with a desire to achieve results without being micro-managed, this company is NOT for you.
A great company to work for
Air/Ocean Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2016
I would arrange air shipments of chemicals and plastics throughout the world. On site team for certain clients productive team members always willing to help.
Pros
constant work
Fast paced work environment
logistics coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 31, 2015
Open work space with no privacy. Unrealistic work expectations. Very low raises, if any. Management will expect so much from you but the workers at BDP are not compensated for all the extra work and do not feel appreciated for going above and beyond. Extremely high turnover rate.
Pros
I can't think of any. Don't work here.
Very work driven environment
Import specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDOctober 27, 2015
A typical work day included customer relations, managing clients, and logistics. There is a lot of organization that is required as well as prioritization. I was mainly in charge of air shipments that were imported into the united state, as well as some sea shipments.
Pros
work experience, free lunch sometimes, and interesting
Cons
long commute, terrible culture and lack of management skills
Interesting field of work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  York, PaSeptember 2, 2015
Logistics can be a very interesting field to work in. There are a wide variety of jobs to learn in such a large global company. I enjoy learning as many of these jobs and skills as I can and have learned an enormous amount of information in my seven years in this company from logistics and documentation, to accounting.
Pros
interesting work, decent pay
Cons
management not supportive in training and development
Opportunity
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Opportunity to provide quality customer service and maximize company profitability. Was fortunate to work with very pleasant customers and increase their trust in the company.
Pros
Team work environment and covered parking
Cons
Open work area
BDP international is a good company to work
Gateway Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2015
I work in the Gateway Department for BDP International. Being in a gateway means that I work in conjunction with several offices within BDP and receive a variety of commercial goods that we coordinate to send internationally.I work with a small team and supervisor our daily operational duties and assist if there's something my staff might have queries. I coordinated general cargo and dangerous good shipments with different airlines to ensure the fastest as well as most cost effective way to send the shipment to its final destination. BDP offers a chance to learn the industry and grow and strive to advance within the company. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experiences with my team as well as working to maximize a profit for my customer. I thank BDP for an opportunity to learn this part of the industry and give me a more complete scope of the logistics environment.
Pros
Family oriented, professional environment
Cons
healthcare benefits
Great Company
Export Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Good place to work, unfortunately I have reached my top salary for the position I hold. Staffing could be better so that the employees weren't over loaded. Paperless process is great as well.
Pros
continuous training
Cons
compensation
Training
Trade Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 29, 2015
Training was obsolete. Very unorganized business to work for. I think that this company has great potential however the way that it is ran seems to be not organized at all. Training was not good at all.
Good company to work for, solid and secure
Trade Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2015
Great work environment, worked in teams. Most people are easy to work with and helpful. This industry can be very stressful, so having good people to work for and with is imperative. I enjoy working direct with the customers, helping them to understand what is needed for them to be in compliance and to ensure their freight is cleared through US Customs with the most efficiency possible.
Pros
One hour lunch, bonuses, recongition awards
Cons
dental plan is not great
Family owned and operated company with strong family values
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2015
Review customer issues and bookings. Ensure no decline to operational productivity and provide process improvements.
Always strive to do my best at work each day and bring a positive attitude to work everyday.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAApril 27, 2015
Loved my former coworkers and they always said i am always happy. i believe that's kind of attitude that made us get along so well and work done in a timely and enjoyable manner.
Pros
bonuses, company picnics, bosses were so understanding
Cons
contract was not as long as promised.
Great work environment
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 15, 2015
Great work environment. Worked for company for 2yrs working with trucking companies and vendors getting shipment information for our customer (Panasonic). Independent work load but was able to get assistance from management when needed.
Fun workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
I learned how to stay organized, multi-task several duties, and communicate effectively with my team. I learned how international logistics opperate.
Pros
free lunches, location, management
Cons
wages
Challenging family owned environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2015
This is a company in growth mode, but is a family owned business and has the nuances that come along with family. There are a ton of opportunities, but sometimes new ideas are met with resistance due to a fear of change.
Great team
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMarch 3, 2015
Serving our customer first hand is always the goal. I learned to work with our clients on site and walk in their shoes to better understand their needs for success. The managers are all team player and will jump in to assist if necessary. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the time alloted to complete the daily assignments. Time is of essence when forwarding resources needed to run a business.
Pros
employee recognition, bonus, room for advancement
An overall learning experience
Entry Writer/Import operations (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJanuary 26, 2015
I see this as an opportunity where I was able to utilize my skills - I enjoyed learning the chemical side of import and acquiring an insight along with gaining new knowledge to another area of logistics.
People are good.
Export Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Work hard and weekends, You get 2 10 minute breaks and a hour for lunch.
BEST JOB BUT SHORT LIVED
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Aston, PADecember 23, 2014
A very nice and laid back company to work for i miss everyone i worked with at bdp.
Pros
treated like i was family
Cons
have nothing bad to say about this company i loved to work for.