BDS Marketing Employee Reviews

Could be a great Company
Fixture Installer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 4, 2016
4 years with the Company , and they still have not learned how to assign jobs to employees , 50 store in 2 weeks ,stores are 150 to 200 miles apart , they think the stores give you the red carpet treatment , If you leave in Oregon instead of giving you jobs that are in your area , they sent you to Florida driving ! I don't think the CEO is keeping an eye on his chickens !
Pros
No appreciation at all
Cons
no breaks when you spend most of youe time on the road and being rush.
Chinese overtime, no life, constant travel away from home
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  USJuly 1, 2016
if you have a family, you do not want this job. it's constant travel and you're rarely home. Plus they do not pay time and a half through a loophole in the system. The more you work after 40 hours the less you get paid per hour which is below the federal hourly rate. they call it chinese overtime from 40 years ago. also i do not always get help when lifting something over 150lbs. company is very disorganized.
Pros
manager is nice
Cons
constant travel, pay rate, disorganization
Great company, employee centric
Lead Market Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2016
Good company, Family oriented, good overall culture. I like working for the company but experience may vary from program to program
Pros
Make your own schedule
Very good work environment and great people
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 28, 2016
Here at BDS, I was able to gain a lot of experience and knowledge. The work environment and people were very helpful in my learning experience. I learned that building rapport is an essential thing in order to succeed.
Home Office Based
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Home office basedJune 24, 2016
Positive interaction with all management staff.
Can do - will do workplace.
Easy to reach out and work with coworkers on projects.
Solution based approach to all work related activity

I would work here again in a heart beat! Loved to positive work environment.
Pros
great team effort
Cons
ability to work around the clock
Delayed from the start
Merchandise Specialist II/Break Fix Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 5, 2016
My experience may be an isolated one,. However, I was hired in May, told that I had a very brief window in which I NEEDED to complete my training and then didn't actually start working until the end of June.
Pros
You create your own hours and the work load isnt too demanding
Cons
There arent very many hours (I was warned)
its was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 27, 2016
again it was fun but short lived, management could use some work on. they need more do do another contract with beats cause thats what i did and it was fun, especially the bestbuy reps at the store i worked at they were friendly and hip to to everything but, if can get a job here your going to like it
na
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2013
Trained new employees and managed 1-2 employees in a retail sales driven environment. In my first month of taking control of my store we achieved 129% of our previous months sales goals.
Increased Dell product brand recognition and delivered merchandizing and specialized training to sales associates for all products sold via Dell.com
Doubled and tripled sales of printers and cameras in Office Depot and
Staples by building brand awareness.
Jumped in to close “on the spot” sales opportunities, thereby reinforcing and demonstrating sales behaviors of pre-qualifying and closing.
Differentiated Canon products from the competition by delivering specialized customer presentations on features, benefits and advantages.
Upgraded knowledge and skills through on-going education initiatives.
Promoted use of Cyberscholar.com to Retail Sales Associates.
Achieved 100% Canon advocacy in every store.
Built positive relationships with store managers and associates, focusing on enhancing Canon’s brand presence.
No two days were the same, great products to represnet.
Jawbone Lead Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Work remotely from home, store visits and reports required daily. Mapped out my own schedule as to where I will be going that week and which stores were in the area making it an efficient work week. In store duties ranged from setting up incremental displays, training staff, building relationships with staff and managers, conduct large scale trainings with groups of new hires and of course sales of the product. I was promoted to Lead Market Development Manager and that role allowed me to oversee a team of five MDMs schedule and reports as well as coaching and mentoring them through their workdays. I also played a large role in training new hires out in California on product training as well as their daily duties and role as a Market Development Manager. As Lead MDM I was also a liaison between the Field Operations Manager, Client Services Manager and Account team by giving them updates on my team and providing them with recap on what they need, what they are struggling with and what they are doing well.
Pros
Work remotely, great pay and benefits
Cons
A lot of driving, felt alone at times, managers can be cold.
Lovely
Assisted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2016
A typical Day at work is walking in getting ready to meet your sale goals that are set for the day. Which is always Challenging but fun at the same time. Meeting and Greeting customers is my favorite part of the day. To see a customer smile knowing that your able to help them find out what their were looking for is a beautiful thing
Lies to get you on board.
Motorola development market manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 19, 2012
Well I was extremely excited to join this company. During my hiring process I was told I would have off weekends and on a rare occasion work a Saturday. Was told it would be a 9 to 5 type of job. I was told I would have certain territories. Well a month in and I only have had off one weekend and that was only because it was during my week of training. I've been given more areas than what was originally told to me and work life balance flexibility was an absolute lie. Working 6 days a week sometimes 10 hours or more a day. We get compensated an extra 200 if he hit a certain amount of hours however with traveling and after tax it pretty much is nothing. I left a good job with time put in for this job only because of the great flexibility and schedule we were promised to have. Also our goals for stores to visit are un realistic. And stores we do visit 3 times a week question why we even visit so much. We were also told the contract was signed for another year however we find out that it has only been agreed on and we could very well be let go at end of year. communication is terrible and we are always thrown last minute change to schedule.
Pros
work one sunday a month. lucky to get home by 5 some days
Cons
travel expense doesn't out weigh cost of gas. over worked because of salary based job
Bds
Assisted Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 24, 2014
BDS is good for a second job but if you are looking for stable employment then it isn't the company for you unless you are on a corporate level.In my position I did demos trained employees and some sales for different companies BDS represented.
Pros
No onsite supervision
Cons
no raise in 3 years
productive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAFebruary 16, 2015
working mainly weekends, Friday - Sunday. 11am-7pm
by yourself at the store, interacting with customers and sales environment. knowledge of product representing is a must.
Pros
good salary
Cons
competing with other vendors.
PUMA SHOP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 9, 2013
Great flexible workplace to learn and practice marketing strategies - sales & merchandising.

They offer great benefits & healthcare
Great company to work for, was very educational and fun.
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 25, 2012
Long work days, as my team working for me would contact me between 9-12 for projects, or issues. Had managers conference call daily 1-2 for new projects coming, recruited and trained new recruits, assigned team to projects based oin qualifications and locations needing coverage, had product training calls 2 -3 times a week. Team meeting every Saturday.
Was very interesting to learn about the new technology that was about to enter the retail stores.
Hardest part of the job was not seeing the management team you were working with only once a year.
Pros
learned about new products before in stores.
Cons
long hours - company based in california, i was on east coast.
Very good for a side job
CANON REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Great job with great pay.
Seasonal jobs are a bit unorganized in terms of training, but you pick up pretty quickly on what you need to do
They include you in group chats that help motivate everyone.
Pros
Pay, Community
Cons
Seasonal job
Overall I liked working there. I wish the program hadn't ended.
Retail Technology Sales and Brand Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2013
A typical day at work.

1. Clock in, log into email and check for any updates or areas of focus or training.

2. Check inventory for new products that need to be put out for display.

3. Check current display models make sure they are clean, functional, priced correctly and ready for customer interaction and sales demos.

4. Gather any customer feedback on Toshiba branded products from sales staff and customers. Typically I would have a questionnaire and record the response.

5. Train sales team on the features and benefits of any Toshiba branded technology.

6. Take pictures of any new competitors displays that are in the store to report back.

7. The last thing would be to report back to BDS all of the info that I had obtained they would then compile all marketing data from all Best Buy stores and send it in to Toshiba.

What I Learned.

Having a brand representative at a store can have a big impact on sales, All of the data I collected from sales associates and customers was also a learning experience. (inside the minds of buyers and sellers has always been interesting)

I did have a manager but he was located in San Antonio. We communicated via conference calls on Thursdays for 1 hour and email any other time.

Co- workers

I didn't meet any coworkers face to face from BDS we communicated only one hour on conference Thursdays. The Best Buy employees were a great team of people.

The hardest part of the job

At the end of the day having to input in all the data that I collected.
(only because it had to be done that night
  more... after 10 hour shift and it took a minimum of 1 hour to input)

Not having someone onsite with you was also a challenge at first.

Most enjoyable

I really liked to see the store numbers climb for Toshiba I felt such a sense of accomplishment also interacting with a great group of people (Best Buy associates)
Pros
interacting with customers and staff
Cons
only 2 days a week, not much job security
Constant Micro Management
Canon Market Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2013
Very poor pay for the demands of the position. Constant micro management. 3 to 4 conference calls a week typically over repetitive issues. Unprofessional management at times. No opportunity for wage increases, some people had the same positions for well over 5 years with no pay increases. Poor medical insurance with high deductibles. Unethical work practices which required searching for internal competitive documents and confidential data from retailers, which I was not compliant. High turn over of personnel, 7 people out of 30 were replaced over the 18 months I was employed. Overall a terrible experience which I would not recommend and wish I had never accepted the position.
Great Place to Work - GREAT PEOPLE
Director of National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 27, 2015
Small Marketing Firm that cares as much about their people as they do about the business - people first mentality.

Senior management is very involved in
Pros
Accessible Senior Leadership, Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Most of the Jobs are in Southern Cal (but some flexibility to working remotely).
Fun place to work!!
Assisted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2016
A great weekend company to work for!!! I cleared $400 every weekend easily without having to break my back with painstaking work!!!

LOVE IT!
Pros
Fast paced, Time Flys, Fun place to work, Great Pay
Cons
Short breaks ;-(

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDS Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.