BDS Marketing Employee Reviews

Laid Back Job
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 4, 2017
You really are your own boss. I only worked on weekends and had a few training sessions during the week. The only downside is that the job is kind of boring and very repetitive. My store didn't receive a lot of customers so there was a lot of standing around. My bosses were cool, tho. As long as you did your job, they didn't bother you.
Pros
Incentives, self-supervision
Cons
Boring, slow-paced
Beware! They will work you to death
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 3, 2017
This was supposed to be a part-time job but you will work more hours than you want to and will get constant emails and packages sent to your house.They throw you in without proper training. Some stores are in bad shape and you will be expected to fix all its problems for $13.50 an hour. I would not recommend this job if you have another job. It will take ALL your time. They pile it on and expect you to have it done at a close deadline. I only lasted 3 weeks and could not wait until my last day.
Pros
Cons
Too much work for little pay. Constant emails and packages
Fun atmosphere
Seasonal Canon Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76132September 21, 2017
Canon printers mainly wireless had just reached marker.
Educating customers and following up with orders that were out of stock.
HP main competitor for lazor at the time was hard.
However the quality of pictures always sold Canon.
Being next to the computer department was a great space for learning.
Great
Pros
Easy to sell for quality prints
Cons
HP big competitor
are you sure you want to work for this company
Regional Field Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHSeptember 8, 2017
I recently lost my job at BDS Marketing and i had built up 80 hours of vacation time and 24 hours of floating holiday pay. They refused to pay me what i accrued saying they dont have to because my state says company's dont have to pay at end of employment. I lost about $2000..
Hi Kevin

I emailed yesterday stating we do not have to pay out vacation and sick time in South Dakota

Thanks
Crystal
Senior Results Manager | BDSmktg
Great part-time weekend position
Assisted sales representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2017
Great place to supplement your income on a part-time basis, you will work for 8 weeks and then no work for maybe 6 weeks. Not consistent. Work is based on contract with vendors.
Pros
Work Independently
Cons
long periods of no work and weeknds only
best job i've had.
Beats retail sales representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
easily one of the best jobs i have worked for. i was selling products that i was really familiar with and all of the employees i worked with were fun and energetic.again management isnt breathing down your back as long as they are seeing results.
sales representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 3, 2017
working here was amazing. it was an opportunity to meet new people and socialize with them. i was able to find out specifically what their needs were, and meet those needs.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
no benefits
Don't work here if you require money for bills or have a family
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  ohio, michiganJuly 18, 2017
I've been with the company a few yrs. Was offered a promotion and somewhat set hours. Work never materialized. Was offered Full time position--again never materialized. I was told I would be full-time but never told that that had changed and I would only be part-time still. Work has been dropped on a Tues or Wed that was due by Friday of that same week. I gave up other part-time jobs to pursue the "better" opportunity. All I received in return was no money in the bank, credit card debt (needed to live somehow) and bad credit. My family hates my job because we can never plan events or I have to cancel/have someone else cover for me. Calling my manager is an exercise in futility. Emailing is a waste of time- most times I don't even get a reply back.
Pros
Making your own hours
Cons
No set work, work dropped on you last minute, no communication
Store manage
Dell Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 18, 2017
I am just trying to get thru the survey and fill the required amount of characters. I am at 91 as of now and need just 32 more as of the start of this...
Pros
short
Cons
lots
Easy work comes with terrible pay
Sr. Installer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 13, 2017
Unorganized company, first of all. So many changes on a weekly bases, this week alone I had full and now it's been days off. Driving is 85% of the job and that's minimum wage or $10 whatever is higher... Terrible pay for the majority of work, the rest is labor pay which is in store time at $16.50 for Senior Installer which is good but again barely in store time..
I like work life balance when you do know you schedule and often you can finish your weekly work in a few days and have the rest off... But overall, not happy..
Pros
Independent, Scheduling
Cons
Pay, Management, Unorganized
you drive alot
Merchandiser ll (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2017
The pay sounds good, but you are only in the store for less than an hour in most all cases. Work hard for little pay. pay checks were so small for all the work I did.
always learning and doing something new
merchandiser/employee (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CA. Palm Springs, CaJune 24, 2017
I enjoy working this job due to the variety. I maintain, build, and fix interactive displays in retails stores. I do audits for third parties, and interact with people daily. I learn something new all the time which boosts my self confidence. Its rewarding for me to know customers satisfaction when a display is operating properly. Its frustrating when a job cannot be completed due to parts not being available,
Since communication is an essential tool for this job to be successful. I have found that this company provides such tools and more to its employees which are helpful in completing a project
and making it a success.
Pros
make my own schdeule
Cons
not enough work
Perfect job for work and life balance
Motorola Market Manager (Current Employee) –  District of Columbia, DCJune 11, 2017
A typical day of work would be waking up, having a game plan for the day with scheduling out the perfect route for visits. Also how to bring something and exciting for the representatives in stores. With this job you would learn how to properly manage time,organize ideas and use your knowledge to hit sale numbers and influence decisions.
Not enough work
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 20, 2017
Well run company that just merged with another. Increase in responsibility is not compensated.
Tutorials/videos used to train. Great Helpdesk when you get stuck on assignments. Very technical work. Reading schematics/wiring/mechanical
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
poorly compensated
Dell Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 10, 2017
I work as a product representative. Thy pay for this position is reasonable and relax. Managers are fun to work with and very understanding. This job is a seasonal job.
Pros
Relax and fun
Cons
Hard to get a better position
Constantly Restructuring Division of Labor
Elite Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Central / NortheastApril 27, 2017
Company has experienced recent growth and severely struggles with how the labor is managed and divided. Management is typically out of market and never to be seen. Most are very difficult to get in touch with via phone or email. I have reported to 6 different direct managers in under 2 years. Work loads and territorial structure are balanced very poorly. For instance one week I may work 40+ hours and another week maybe 8. Internal data reporting software is extremely buggy and lagging. Often as a result, one is expected to correct the problem on his/her own time without pay or mileage reimbursement. No ability to advance unless one hounds their career page.
Pros
Ability to schedule and route own assignements.
Cons
Management, structure, communication, training, technology, direction
Na
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
I worked only part time on a few projects. It was relatively easy and there was no real direct management. Pay was not great but decent for part time job.
Relaxed easy going
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 27, 2017
This place is a nice extra hours if you need money for the holidays. The learning is nice, and its within a best buy. Workplace culture is very easy going. Just do your thing and you will do great.
Pros
Spiffs based upon sales
Cons
temporary job
horrible in-house technical support team
Elite Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Upper management is not sympathetic to frontline merchandisers.
Technical support is not encouraged but still expects perfections.
Heavy demand to meet project timeline but lacking in proper training.
Sink of swim mentality even with projects that require 2 persons to complete.
Pros
pay is better then most
Cons
technical support team is clueless and combative with field team.
Laid back work environment
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 20, 2016
Because I was a remote employee, I worked from my home office. The company did a tremendous job of coordinating meeting and conference calls to create a productive team environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDS Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.