Be the Match Employee Reviews

Be the Match is your typical High School environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2017
It felt like High School all over again, a lot of backstabbing and favoritism combined with a mixture of snubbing and you got the most horrible work environment you can ever have.

Drama is typical along with saving money, AKA no overtime, oh wait you can get overtime if the unsupervised management favors you.

Training is kindergarten appropriate, your opinion does not matter, and all you need to do is show up every day to keep your job and put up with the stress of having unhelpful and mentally disturbed co-workers that yell at the top of their lungs when something does not go according to their whims.
Pros
You control your breaks
Cons
High School drama and backstabbing, your ideas are not important unless you are an actual doctor or nurse.
Worked well as a Temp
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST ROBERT HALF (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2017
I went through a temp agency and was assigned two positions in the corporate headquarters in Minneapolis and it was just wonderful. Everyone there was so nice and helpful. As a non-profit everyone who is there cares deeply about the cause and put in a LOT of hard work and has a lot of fun while doing it.
Great friendly place to work at
CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2017
Be The Match works as a team to achieve one goal. The team are all very friendly and helpful. Therefore, it makes coming to work each day very enjoyable.
A non-profit company that has the benefits of a for-profit company
Payables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2017
I worked in the finance department. I would do data entry with paper claims and add them into our software. The hardest part of the job was using the software as it was 18 years old, not very efficient, and easy to make mistakes. The most enjoyable part was listening to music/videos on YouTube since they did not block that website on the computer. Human Resources is also very understanding and will work with you if you have a need or concern.
Pros
Generous Time Off, New Laptop Provided
Cons
Unstructured Training, Software from 1990's
Saving LIVES feels good, but management feels bad!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2017
saving lives feels good but management always makes you feel bad. Only the top 3% get increases or promotions, the others get bad reviews or hauled out the door.
Pros
New building
Cons
Management whom are often "forcing" in nature or often less experienced than worker bees.
Professional and rewarding mission based organization
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2017
Fast paced challenging environment that was mutually beneficial utilizing my strengths and skills. Process efficiency projects and interdepartmental collaboration was strongly encouraged. My greatest enjoyment was developing and mentoring staff to success.
Engaging job full of community exposure
Community Engagement Intern (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 28, 2016
Working as a Community Engagement Specialist, the majority of my internship centered around meeting recruiting goals without compromising on donor loyalty. Co-workers and auxiliary staff, regardless of role, work as a team to accomplish goals and operate the entire program on a shoestring budget. Camaraderie is phenomenal, and it's rewarding to see your work lead to saving lives.
Pros
Great experience, opportunity to make a difference, great community of coworkers
Cons
Poor benefits, overworked-and-underpaid type jobs
Volunteer
Activities/ Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAApril 24, 2016
I did not actually work for this business, instead I used their name for a bone marrow drive I put on for my senior project my senior year of high school.
Strong Mission Focus and Rewarding work
Lead, Donor Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2016
I enjoyed working at Be The Match. The management in my department cared greatly about our development and success.

The best part of the job is the team work feeling. Everyone there has the same ultimate goal driving their work.
fun place to work
Part- time Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 3, 2015
a very fun environment to work and volunteer. its very educational and compassionate about their employees and patients.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
n/a
Great company to help out
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2015
If you enjoy volunteering this is a great cause and a great company to help out. It just requires people to be willing to set aside some of their own time to help out others. There is no medical training required and all it takes is a good attitude.
Project Accountant
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2015
Overall managed multiple projects associated with multiple project managers. Assisted with monthly project billings, client inquires, assist with PM financials.
N/a
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Saving Lives By Donating Bone Marrow To Any And Everyone Around The World That's In Need. It Makes You Feel Good Inside & Out Because You Saved A Life!
Fast-paced workplace with a great lifesaving mission
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 26, 2015
This is a great company to work for if you need to be driven by something other than corporate profits. Each day the goal is to work towards helping every patient in need of a suitable bone marrow match so that they can have a second chance. This is an innovative company that is ahead of the curve in some ways and behind it in others. Overall, it's a wonderful working experience with the best part being a successful outcome for a patient and their family.
Pros
Great mission and really nice, caring people to work with
Cons
Work-life balance is very difficult, slow to adapt to younger audiences
It's ok!
Community Engagement Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2014
Management doesn't have a clue as to what they're doing. The coworker are great, and are very helpful when management isn't telling us we can't work together. I'm not sure how team morale is the focus when we are forbidden to collaborate with the team members in our area. It's pretty confusing to say the least.
Positive environment, worthwhile work
MEMBERSHIP SPECIALIST (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 27, 2014
I loved the people I worked with. My typical day involved doing data entry from forms that had been scanned and converted by software but had questionable fields. I would retype correct values into the selected fields. Sometimes I had to do research to get the correct spelling of addresses, etc. They wanted extremely high accuracy with high speed as well. I was hired for their busy season at the end of the college school year.
Pros
I was able to choose my hours. The commute was only 15-20 minutes most days.
Cons
Only part time (20 hrs). Speed requirement 45 apps per hr.
Listed Below
Internship (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 7, 2013
Assisted with administrative work to acquire bone marrow donors for those with blood
disorders. While with the program, I engaged in grant proposal writing in order to fund the
program and frequently participated in marathons/walks for fundraising.
Great learning experience
INTERN ASSISTANCE (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 24, 2013
As an intern at Be The Match, I had learned more about what the organization was about and its sole purpose in helping patients finding a match with their potential bone marrow donors. It also allowed me to see the needs to make the difference in someone else's life. Be the change you wish to see.