Beachbody Employee Reviews

Best fitness company
Independent Team Beachbody Coach (Current Employee) –  Palmyra, NYJune 25, 2017
The workouts that Beachbody produces are top notch, as are the included nutrition guides. As a coach you can make as much money as you want to put the time and effort into making.
Pros
Get paid to be fit
Cons
Can be difficult to get started
Excellent Environmental
Sr. ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 19, 2017
Rather than going hour by hour through every day, focus on a few main tasks, and describe how you go through those tasks in a typical week.
Culture is the environment that surrounds you at work all of the time. Culture is a powerful element that shapes your work enjoyment, your work relationships, and your work processes. But, culture is something that you cannot actually see, except through its physical manifestations in your workplace.
Multi level marketing
Beachbody Coach (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 5, 2017
I attempted to earn an income while attempting to physical rehabilitate myself from an injury. I learned marketing skills on multi media, some word press application, SEO and to enjoy working from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was to mix wellness, exercise , nutrition with nursing experience. The hardest part of the job was to get people to take action.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Unable to make a profit.
A typical day at work
Email /Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 1, 2017
When I started there the company was more about employees, like socialize, having fun. But like all companies that "grow" the more they 'do' the more they 'want' stuff. So out with the old and in with the young, new kids.
Pros
Was a nice company when I started
Cons
More about the money than the employees
Great Company with Growth Potential
SR. DIRECTOR, GLOBAL EVENTS (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 30, 2017
I enjoy working at Beachbody. I feel I get great work/life balance. I enjoy the work that I do and the people that I collaborate with. Beachbody has a unique culture and they work hard to keep their employees happy. They solicit regular feed back and encourage you to meet often with your Supervisor. I have enjoyed watching this company grow from 100 people to over 700 people.

Some of the negative aspects of Beachbody. If you have been with the organization for a while it is hard to move up the ranks. They will often keep poor performing managers in place and can be slow to recognize when change is required.

I would recommend working for this organization.
Pros
Free Shakes and on-site gym. They encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Cons
The good people tend to leave, while the poor performers stay in place.
Unbelievable
Customer Service/Beauty & Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2017
I have never seen a company allow your direct supervisor to be your mother. That's just in one Department. That is a conflict of interest to say the least. Beachbody operates on personalities. The head of HR make sure her son got hired in less than a month after she herself got hired. No principles, no professionalism.
Pros
Employees, food, hours
Cons
Nepotism
Beachbody is an interesting place to work
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 25, 2017
A typical day at work would be to simply answer calls and assist customers in a timely manner. At beachbody I learned Phone etiquette and customer service skills that I implemented into my daily life.
Pros
Nice pay, Free protein shakes, free workout facility, free parking
Cons
employee's do not get to choose start or end time
Great pay & benefits, but lack of individual growth
Producer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 23, 2017
There's lack of communication between departments, as well as within departments. Poor management that operates off of fear rather than experience, logic and statistics. If you don't care about personal growth or being valued... and are only looking for a job that pays well and gives benefits then this company is for you.
Pros
Gym, Free heath snacks and Shakeology
Cons
Not a lot of room for personal growth
Empowering company!!
Independent Coach (Former Employee) –  online!May 9, 2017
This company holds the most motivated, empowering, optimistic, go-getter, amazing, kind-hearted, most awesome people ever! Everyone from independent online coaches to the CEO, TRULY cares about every single employee and customer and they make sure they do everything they can to please every single person!
Helping others, while helping yourself is the norm.
Beachbody Coach (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 2, 2017
The best part about being an Independent BeachBody Coach is the satisfaction I receive from seeing others get results with their wellbeing, and fitness goals. At the same time being able to work on your personal goals, surrounded by like minded people, and a positive culture is very rewarding.
Pros
Own your own business, and work at your convenience.
Cons
Flow of compensation is challenging in our current economy.

Want to know more about Beachbody?

Ask a question
Agile / Scrum environment
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 1, 2017
Too many meetings
Learned to work in an Agile /Scrum environment
Everyone were involved in all projects from initiation to execution. Including (client, BA, PM, Developer and QA)
Pros
Learned about Agile environment
Cons
Too many meetings
Great atmosphere, lots of perks!
Sr. Manager, Print & Project Management (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 24, 2017
This is a great company to work for albeit I was contractor. That being said I was still treated as a full time team member. All the people I interacted with were fabulous. The owners make their working environment very "user friendly.
Pros
Free products, free monthly breakfast, free parking, freeway friendly.
Cons
Don't really have any.
Decent Place to Work
Engineering Manager / Program Manager, B2B (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 17, 2017
Transition makes it challenging but optimistic about what's ahead. Management seems as thought they are trying to adjust to change. CEO makes Tech decisions when hes a sales guy, can be challenging.
Amazing workplace culture
Agile Coach/Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 10, 2017
Beachbody is a fun, young dynamic, and high energy company! There is opportunity to learn and move ahead as long as you are motivated. Unfortunately, the leadership made some huge missteps along the way in keeping their products innovative as the Fitness Technology market changes. Without taking in and applying those cutting edge ideas Beachbody failed in keeping up with the market. This resulted in a 20% layoff! I was really sorry to leave such a great company and I wish them success in the future!
Pros
Shakeology Bar, Fresh Fruits
Cons
Applying new ideas, creative input, leveraging cutting edge tech
The overall experience at beachbody was very positive.
Senior Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 6, 2017
I was very happy to be employed by Beachbody. The overall experience was a positive one and enjoyed my time there, with being said the work atmosphere was that off a start up company full of energy and excitement.
awesome
Discount Coach (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 30, 2017
beachbody has a great CEO and all the people who work at Beachbody are social networking to grow business.
It's not hard but takes dedication and lots of time.
very good
Workforce Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245March 20, 2017
A day of work is coming in with a good attitude ready to do your work, putting in 110% of effort. Always being on time and getting your work done. Personal problems should not be brought into the work place. Its important to help customer the way you would like to be helped when going shopping or calling in to a place of work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
No Stability
Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 20, 2017
Every team is like a small company within the company. Getting code or knowledge from another team is near impossible.

Upper management is a joke and stuck in the past.

The company has changed it's "direction" a few times in the past couple years. They can't complete what they start.

One of the only nice benefits was flex hours (core hours were 10am-4pm) and WFH (once a week with manager approval).
Pros
Free fruit and snacks + shakeology shakes all day.
Cons
Teams wont share code. Management has no clue what there doing. Business requests are not ideal.
Beachbody LLC
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 6, 2017
I've worked here for a short period of time and while it is a great work environment, there needs to be some tightening up on training and organization.
Great environment but lack of stability
Beachbody Coach (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 26, 2017
Great environment but lack of stability. Good for personal development but Income is not stable. Flexible hours but a lot of time is invested in order to build a solid team and consistent income.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beachbody. Our community is ready to answer.