Beachbody Employee Reviews in United States

Vendor Training Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 2, 2016
I most recently served as a Vendor Training Analyst for a billion dollar health and fitness organization, Beachbody LLC. I helped onboard and manage training efforts for all Beachbody call center locations in the USA, Mexico, India, and the Philippines. My strengths in training delivery and building top-performing sales/customer service representatives earned me promotions, rewards and formal recognition from all of my previous employers. My ability to build and maintain lasting business relationships with vendors, sales associates, colleagues and customers will help me to be a valuable asset to your organization.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No cons
Upbeat Energetic Environment with a commitment to living well and helping others to do the same
Director of Production (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 21, 2016
Overall Beachbody was a great experience, that taught me a great deal about corporate life, personnel management, project management, and establishing career objectives. Prior to joining Beachbody, I had been a freelance contractor in the Production arena. so to have had the opportunity to do what I love in a staff position with a rapidly growing company is/was something I'll always be grateful for.
It is what you make it to be
Independent Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCJune 8, 2016
Building a business with beachbody is rewarding, as well as difficult. You have to learn to communicate with people and it forces you to understand yourself in more ways than one.

When you start, you'll be tempted to sign up everyone. what i didn't realize was the real work starts when the person signs up. You are responsible for training them and helping them see success.

It isn't hard work, it depends on you whether you make it difficult or not to do your vital behaviors
Spend more than you make
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  at homeJune 13, 2016
The environment this company brings you is amazing. you get to work from home and you initially get paid to workout which is awesome BUT unless you have hours on end to market your own business, you end up spending more than you make. you have to buy certain products like shakeology in order to sell them which is over 100 a month, you also have to pay for your online office, and business fees
Pros
expensive to maintain
Cons
pay for office, business fees, not a great discount
Looks Great On The Outside
anonymous (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 26, 2016
Fast paced, upbeat environment, a friendly place to work. Upper management is too over themselves, lack of transparency and honesty. Some has scapegoat mentality. Good starting place for fresh college grads who has little corporate experience. Favoritism, quick promotion if you are a pet & do what they say. Technical ability & integrity is lacking. High turnover. Not a good place for career advancement.
Pros
Gym, healthy snack
Cons
Favoritism, lack of transparency
Self-driven and challenging.
Independent Beachbody Coach (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 16, 2015
Beachbody is an at home job where you help others realize, strive for and achieve their fitness goals. The best part of the job was being able to join a network of other like-minded individuals who were all supportive of one another. The structure of Beachbody is not like a traditional organization as there are no co-workers or management. It is a self structured job that allows you do work as much or as little as you'd like to.
Pros
Make your own hours, great network, enjoyable
Cons
Hard to get people to commit.
Productive, fun, and rewarding!
Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 8, 2016
Encouraging people daily to stay on track with their healthy diet and work out, helping people meet their health and fitness goals while meeting my own, working as a team to all live a healthy lifestyle!
Pros
Working from home, helping others.
Cons
No healthcare or benefits and you are paid by comission.
Management and technical skill levels are really low but work/life balance is good
Program Manager & Agile Coach (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 23, 2016
Beachbody allows people to workout during work hours and the work there is easy but the transparency from management, technical ability from the development and QA team is lower than usual. Overall a frustrating place to work
Good company to work for.
Beachbody Coach (Former Employee) –  Afton, TNJuly 4, 2016
The opportunity to help others was amazing. The lack of compensation for the amount of work you put in was lacking. That was unfortunate, but the job was amazing.
Pros
Helping others reach their goals
Cons
Compensation for time invested
Great position to better lives.
Diamond Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 10, 2016
While I sold beachbody products, I had the amazing opportunity to change lives. The work I was doing was helping people to get off medications they hated, lose weight, feel better mentally, and helped to even heal a marriage.

Want to know more about Beachbody?

Ask a question
AMAZING work enviornment/experience, INCREDIBLE Team + Training Opportunitiess
Independent Team Beachbody Coach (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 9, 2015
I found my passion for life with this job! Beachbody is FULL of dynamic & hard working people. Co-workers are bright, vibrant, energetic, motivated, and driven to help you and others succeed via business opportunity or customer service & sales. Marketing is made fun + there are training opportunities for ALL. Compensation is good, can easily be made GREAT--6 figure opportunity-- (that just depends on how much you put into your business).
Pros
Work From Home, Be Your Own Boss, Self Improvement Opportunities
Cons
No health insurance.
Fun at Workplace, Friendly environment.
Network/Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 22, 2016
I learned depth in firewall and routing protocol.
Management is very friendly.
Co-workers are very helpful.
After work on Friday we do party with my Co-workers.
Fun environment to work in
Personal Beachbody Coach (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 24, 2016
Independent contractor, Helped others lead a more active and healthier lifestyle. Lead groups to encourage and motivate the new clients in the health industry.
Corporate wellness is exemplified
Video Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 10, 2012
The great thing about working at Beachbody is the benefits. This fitness and wellness company believes that a healthy staff benefits everyone and they encourage their employees to live a happy life. The company gym is not only a testing facility for product, but available to employees who want to workout to any of the company's fitness DVDs. There are healthy snacks in the kitchen.

It's growing pains can be seen in it's turnover of upper-level management. Some mid and entry-level staff are sometimes frustrated at the prospects of growing their own careers, uncertain how to advance. Despite this, the staff who fit the corporate culture are rewarded with the satisfaction that they are making a true difference in the fight against obesity in a rapidly growing and profitable corporation.
Pros
full gym, healthy snacks, young & fun staff
Cons
difficult advancement opportunities, high turnover
Beachbody
Customer Service Representative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 20, 2015
A typical day at work for Beachbody was busy, loud, and fast paced. I've learned so much at Beachbody such as marketing all of the products we had to offer, product knowledge, and believing in the product. One thing I've learned as a supervisor in training is that if the seller does not believe in the product, the buyer will not either. Management at Beachbody was excellent, they we're open to new ideas and any suggestions that I had that will benefit the company. I've maintained a good relationship with all of my supervisors. The hardest part of the job was terminating those I was instructed to terminate. The most enjoyable part of the job was breaking records, winning competitions against other teams, and seeing employees excel with my training techniques and tips.
Pros
Free lunches, great co workers, unexpected bonuses, free gym.
Cons
Bad parking.
Fitness Coach
Fitness & Nutrition Coach (Current Employee) –  McPherson, KSJune 25, 2016
Provides opportunity to excel and advance at my own pace, while giving me freedom to pursue my own health and fitness at my schedule.
Great mission statement, positive environment
Online fitness & nutrrition coach (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTApril 24, 2016
The CEO is committed to helping people achieve healthy and fulfilling lives. The company provides great training, tools and resources to help their coaches be successful.
Fun place to work, long hours, lots of politics
Web Developer/ Delivery Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 26, 2016
I really like working at Beachbody, but the tech is outdated and there's a lot of politics involved to get anything done.
Pros
Ability to work out at work
Cons
Old tech, politics
Great Company
Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2016
I have been a beachbody coach since 2012. I must say it has been a great experience working for this company. Great Leadership, and great products for the consumer
Great environment and fast paced work.
Independent Beachbody Coach (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 18, 2015
Continuous work throughout the day. I enjoyed talking to customers as well as co-workers. We always were busy taking calls and troubleshooting services. Decent amount of resting breaks and good lunch breaks. Pay and benefits are good as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beachbody. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2