Founded in 1963, Beacon Electronic Associates, Inc. is a full service electronics industry sales company with headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
Beacon is seeking a highly qualified, motivated Field Application Engineer (FAE), Switching Software located out of either our Atlanta, GA, Raleigh, NC, Baltimore, MD, Philadelphia, Boston or Metro NY territory. The primary responsibility of the Switching Software Field Applications Engineer is to act as the technical lead for Broadcom’s switching and PHY products, and specifically, the drivers and software required to successfully use those products. This software includes the Broadcom SDK (Software Development Kit), the MDK (Mini-Driver Kit), and CFE (Common Firmware Environment). This individual will join the team supporting the Eastern Americas. This position will report to Beacon Sales Management.
Markets Served: Automotive, Networking, Consumer Electronics, Industrial & Telecom
- BSEE/BSCE/BSCS or equivalent required
- Strong Ethernet networking background, including TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, etc. absolutely required.
- Strong software development experience with C, C++ absolutely required.
- Experience navigating and maintaining very large source trees.
- Experience with embedded operating systems (Linux strongly preferred).
- Experience with embedded system hardware (switches, PHYs, SerDes, PCI/PCIe, etc)
- Experience with API level and register-level programming of complex devices.
- Experience with protocol analyzers and packet generation tools for debugging.
- Experience with Broadcom Switching SDK strongly desired.
- Experience with CVS and JIRA a plus.
- Previous FAE experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team attitude, but also ability to work alone for extended periods of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with customers.
- Some travel to customer sites may be required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Professional telephone skills, with the ability to communicate with individuals in the Engineering and Manufacturing
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in managing multiple customer accounts
- Professional appearance
Include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Thoroughly understand all major components of our drivers and software and how they should be used.
- Analysis of customer system and software requirements.
- Troubleshooting software issues at any stage of the design.
- Work closely with other FAEs to understand customer systems, diagnose issues, and implement new features.
- Assist customers with feature implementation from an API level.
- Replicate customer software issues in our labs and use appropriate test equipment to further diagnose.
- Promptly address customer technical questions via our Customer Support Portal (CSP), email, phone, and face to face when necessary.
- Perform customer demos, set up software aspects of evaluation boards, etc. in customer labs.
- Present software roadmaps and/or major software features additions to Sales and customers.
- Communicate customer feedback to factory to help improve Broadcom products and better align with customer needs.
- Track customer program progress with Beacon and Broadcom Sales.
- Act as technical liaison between the customer and factory personnel for all software matters.
- Salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits package
Benefits package includes health/dental/life insurance, 125 flex plan, 401(k), vacation, holidays, sick/personal leave, and professional yet casual work environment. There is opportunity for direct input on company growth and business strategy.
To apply for this position please attach an updated resume in Word/.doc format with daytime phone number where you can best be reached. Please also include a brief cover letter outlining your experience as related to this job requirement. Candidates must be US Citizens or have active green card to apply (No 3rd party/recruiters please). See www.beaconelectronics.com for additional company information.
Key words: BSEE, Field Application Engineer, Broadcom, SDK, C/C++
Founded in 1963, Beacon Electronic Associates, Inc. is a full service electronics industry sales company with headquarters in Atlanta,...