Beacon Group Employee Reviews

Beacon is a wonderful place
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2017
I would recommend this company as an employer to anyone. The environment is very friendly. Though the work is hard, they manage to make you forget how difficult it is and just be able to do a good job.
Pros
Excellent management personnel and opportunity
Cons
Most jobs are temproary
You would think they're a for profit agency.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2017
The best part about working at this agency were the clients and the health benefits. The often angry management: 1. is incompetent, at both working with people and supervising employees 2. has no regard for staff or clients 3. is consistently unapproachable, rude, and demeaning 4. regularly acts inappropriately and without transgression towards staff 5. creates and enables an aggressive and uncomfortable environment, and, 6. behaves more like a money driven "for-profit" agency than a client based nonprofit
Pros
The clients are so amazing!
Cons
no support, constant office gossip causes many uncomfortable days, dealing daily with one co-worker or another being sad or hurt because of offensive management
great job to help clients
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 24, 2017
This is a great job if you want to work close with the clients. The management is not that great and you cannot go to them for any help. The clients enjoy coming here.
Productive & Caring Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2017
Wonderful and professional driven place to work with a caring staff that operates to drive the best quality service for our clients.
Pros
regular work week, no weekends
Cons
busy typical day at times
Has potential as an agency, upper management should be more aware of the needs of support staff and keeping good employees.
Community Work Stations Rehabilitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 8, 2015
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is the work with the consumers. Watching the growth and development of the consumers as they grew to become skilled and able to work was amazing. Working with those who cared about the mission and did not view the job as just a paycheck was very rewarding. The hardest part was dealing with those who were so concerned with the bottom line that true rehabilitation became second to the bottom line of profit.

With updated technology the systems and processes could become more cost effective ensuring better pay for staff. Beacon as an agency is extremely top heavy, too many managers and a greater need for well trained and committed direct staff.

Attention is needed to the conditions of the facilities that support the consumers/workers with disabilities. Restrooms need remodeled and cleaned. The work area is cramped and contributes to negative behaviors among the workers.

Accountability for actions and mistakes needs to be fostered as a means for growth and improvement, not punishment leading to errors being hidden or covered up.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Environment of the work setting
Amazing place to work great Community
Assembly Floor Team Member/ Beacon Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AzSeptember 4, 2015
Love the Beacon Group. They are more of a family then a work place. Every one helps each other out and you always feel like your opinion is herd. Beacon group really gave me the prime example on how a boss should be a leader to his/her employees.
Pros
401k, Groups, workshops, Events
Cons
non
I enjoyed working with Soldiers
Deputy Program Manager/Service Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista,azAugust 14, 2015
I very much enjoyed working with the soldiers with which I was embedded. I found them to be competent and knowledgeable. Moreover, I enjoyed the mission immensely.
Pros
Working with soldiers
Cons
Living in Iraq and getting rocketed daily.
It was a great place to work
Manager, Community Work Services (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work included scheduling staff and clients according to the work sites that they were assigned to. Compose reports, facilitate meetings, evaluate staff, kept time records via software programs. I have learned how to work with employees I was responsible for and upper management. Advocating for persons with disabilities in the community and obtain jobs for them in the community. My co-workers and I worked as a team to accomplish the organization's goals. The hardest part of the job was when some of the clients with disabilities passed away after knowing them for years. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with the clients, especially when I found suitable jobs for them in the community. Also, negotiating employment contracts for our clients. It was a very rewarding job that I was fortunate to hold for 21 years.
I relocated to Florida to be closer to family or I would still be working at the Beacon Group. Our upper management was extremely supportive to all staff and clients.
Pros
Full affordable healthcare and other benefits
Innovative place to work.
Principal/ Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 26, 2015
Great teams assembled for projects and interesting work. However, work is unstable. Sometimes months go by with no projects to be worked. The company would be great if there were a steady flow of interesting projects. The contractors assigned to projects when they come in are top notch. They are experts in there respective fields and do great work for the clients.
Beacon Group, creating opportunities for adults with disabilities
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2015
Beacon is a wonderful company to work for. Beacon Group is a company the helps adults with disabilities find employment.
Pros
Benefits, Highly recommend Beacon Group to anyone.
Cons
Night work
Lousy Job
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2015
This Company is more interested in getting government money than getting to the truth when there is a complaint against an employee. As an employee you are expendable as compared to the "clients" who know how to work the system. They will change incident reports and send them to the state with your name on them as if that's what you wrote. Working for them was the worst job I have ever had and I was in the military and worked at a prison.
Pros
Cons
Management does not support you. The Clients lie about you if you make them work.
Receptionist also Janitorial.
Customer Service Representative / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2014
Great place to work. I worked with adults that had disabilities which in return made me feel that I was helping the community.
Pros
A job that uplifted your spirit.
Cons
It was a non profit meaning pay was a little difficult to survive off of
managers take advantage of the fact that they are managers
Assist consumer (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJuly 2, 2014
First day on the job I was suppose to meet with the manager before I start work, the manager was late and when she arrive I tried to introduce myself to her, and she said with the meanest attitude smelling like cigarette and smoke "what you doing here downstairs? why aren't you upstairs? go upstairs!!". I was embarrass but i did not show any emotion that I was embarrass I did what she told me.
Pros
non
Cons
horrible manager
Business Incubator
Marketing Applications (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 8, 2014
For-profit and non-profit business networking and incubation
good coworkers
Floater/Fill-in (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 1, 2014
the work is far and the other works are great the pay is also far
Pros
great working coworkers
Cons
you get drity
good workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2013
Same thing every single day & it was real easy but also a lot of works at time. Co-workers were very fun to work with, management was always precise & hard working.
Pros
Good breaks
I worked in a day program setting, teaching life skills.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2012
I taught life skills for developmentally disabled adults. We had field trips to California in which we gave the adults experiences that they have never had. My job was to maintain safety of the clients, teach life skills and encourage daily objectives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beacon Group. Our community is ready to answer.