Beacon Group Employee Reviews in United States

Has potential as an agency, upper management should be more aware of the needs of support staff and keeping good employees.
Community Work Stations Rehabilitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 8, 2015
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is the work with the consumers. Watching the growth and development of the consumers as they grew to become skilled and able to work was amazing. Working with those who cared about the mission and did not view the job as just a paycheck was very rewarding. The hardest part was dealing with those who were so concerned with the bottom line that true rehabilitation became second to the bottom line of profit.

With updated technology the systems and processes could become more cost effective ensuring better pay for staff. Beacon as an agency is extremely top heavy, too many managers and a greater need for well trained and committed direct staff.

Attention is needed to the conditions of the facilities that support the consumers/workers with disabilities. Restrooms need remodeled and cleaned. The work area is cramped and contributes to negative behaviors among the workers.

Accountability for actions and mistakes needs to be fostered as a means for growth and improvement, not punishment leading to errors being hidden or covered up.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Environment of the work setting
Fun place to work.
Rehab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2015
The clients were very fun to work with and I loved my co workers. Didn't work on the Rehab part of my job its mostly all about the production side. Don't have time to teach the clients job skills or help them connect with how the job life should be. The Boss is very strict and very demanding. No room for error at all.
Pros
Love the atmosphere.
Cons
The Boss
I enjoyed working with Soldiers
Deputy Program Manager/Service Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista,azAugust 14, 2015
I very much enjoyed working with the soldiers with which I was embedded. I found them to be competent and knowledgeable. Moreover, I enjoyed the mission immensely.
Pros
Working with soldiers
Cons
Living in Iraq and getting rocketed daily.
It was a great place to work
Manager, Community Work Services (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work included scheduling staff and clients according to the work sites that they were assigned to. Compose reports, facilitate meetings, evaluate staff, kept time records via software programs. I have learned how to work with employees I was responsible for and upper management. Advocating for persons with disabilities in the community and obtain jobs for them in the community. My co-workers and I worked as a team to accomplish the organization's goals. The hardest part of the job was when some of the clients with disabilities passed away after knowing them for years. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with the clients, especially when I found suitable jobs for them in the community. Also, negotiating employment contracts for our clients. It was a very rewarding job that I was fortunate to hold for 21 years.
I relocated to Florida to be closer to family or I would still be working at the Beacon Group. Our upper management was extremely supportive to all staff and clients.
Pros
Full affordable healthcare and other benefits
Innovative place to work.
Principal/ Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 26, 2015
Great teams assembled for projects and interesting work. However, work is unstable. Sometimes months go by with no projects to be worked. The company would be great if there were a steady flow of interesting projects. The contractors assigned to projects when they come in are top notch. They are experts in there respective fields and do great work for the clients.
Beacon Group, creating opportunities for adults with disabilities
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2015
Beacon is a wonderful company to work for. Beacon Group is a company the helps adults with disabilities find employment.
Pros
Benefits, Highly recommend Beacon Group to anyone.
Cons
Night work
Lousy Job
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2015
This Company is more interested in getting government money than getting to the truth when there is a complaint against an employee. As an employee you are expendable as compared to the "clients" who know how to work the system. They will change incident reports and send them to the state with your name on them as if that's what you wrote. Working for them was the worst job I have ever had and I was in the military and worked at a prison.
Cons
management does not support you. the clients lie about you if you make them work.
Receptionist also Janitorial.
Customer Service Representative / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2014
Great place to work. I worked with adults that had disabilities which in return made me feel that I was helping the community.
Pros
a job that uplifted your spirit.
Cons
it was a non profit meaning pay was a little difficult to survive off of
managers take advantage of the fact that they are managers
Assist consumer (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJuly 2, 2014
First day on the job I was suppose to meet with the manager before I start work, the manager was late and when she arrive I tried to introduce myself to her, and she said with the meanest attitude smelling like cigarette and smoke "what you doing here downstairs? why aren't you upstairs? go upstairs!!". I was embarrass but i did not show any emotion that I was embarrass I did what she told me.
Pros
non
Cons
horrible manager
Business Incubator
Marketing Applications (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 8, 2014
For-profit and non-profit business networking and incubation
good coworkers
Floater/Fill-in (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 1, 2014
the work is far and the other works are great the pay is also far
Pros
great working coworkers
Cons
you get drity
good workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2013
Same thing every single day & it was real easy but also a lot of works at time. Co-workers were very fun to work with, management was always precise & hard working.
Pros
good breaks
I worked in a day program setting, teaching life skills.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2012
I taught life skills for developmentally disabled adults. We had field trips to California in which we gave the adults experiences that they have never had. My job was to maintain safety of the clients, teach life skills and encourage daily objectives.