Beacon Health Options Employee Reviews

Challenging workplace with great office culture and family
Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 12, 2017
Beacon Health Options is a great company to work for but offers some challenges to its employees in adapting to the job assignments. The job task is not extremely difficult but I think Beacon could do a better job of helping new employee transition into their role when coming aboard. While the company had a great family culture that was willing to help and aide new employees, often times it seemed as though you are never given the full details of everything you are responsible for. After almost two years there I was still finding out about things I was supposed to be doing as part of my job.

The job also seemed to have a large disparity of the workload as some employees had visibly more amounts of work compared to others. Some ledgers were responsible for far more clients than other ledgers leaving some accountants overworked and often fighting to stay ahead of their work load.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the relevant information for all the clients under our assigned ledger. I was over a ledger that had 140+ clients on it (the largest of the company) and constantly felt like the relaying of information from account executives and others who had knowledge of changes was often slow or simply not shared. It caused for a lot of additional work in going back and having to correct errors and mistakes from the lack of up-to-date information.

The one thing that made it bearable was the office community which was very open and welcoming from day 1. The peers I had there really displayed a true sense of comradeship as they would gladly help
  more... in any way they could.  less
Pros
Great Office Culture and Management relationship
Cons
Disparity of work, lacfk of processes for transitioning in new employees, and deficiencies in the relaying of information pertaining to job duties
Not a good place to work
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
Very unhappy at this company and in this position. In all my years of working in corporate America, this is the worst job that I've ever experienced.
Pros
free water and eating utensils
Cons
everything else
Excellent Place to work
Triage Consultant MSW, CLC (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23320November 30, 2017
Beacon is a place that promote their employees and compensate them for their services. Employees are treated with respect and dignity. The workplace culture is positive.
Mission Minded Team
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 29, 2017
We have amazing supervisors and have an excellent team! We are mission minded in helping our beneficiaries live their lives to the fullest potential by helping them navigate the mental health system and gain access to local resources and supports.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Stressful at times
Care Coordinator
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CANovember 28, 2017
Fast paced, large case loads, telephonic case management, under the clinical department.
Claims department and Network are extremely busy. Recent expansion of upper management, cut backs of patient facing employees.
benefits
Cons
no overtime
Beacon Health Options
Desktop Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2017
Working at Beacon is busy. I have enjoyed my time here and would recommend them to people looking for a job. The people are very nice. The execs care about the employees and want them to excel.
Pros
Good work environment, Really nice people
Cons
Low Pay
Working conditions
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Latham, NY 12110November 26, 2017
I believe that the job is good if you are a hard working individual.. Be prepared to have it put an emotional tax on you, especially if you care about your work and wanting to help people. This present day culture as you, make sure you are prepared to be hammered and go through an increase amount of stress.
Great work/life balance, but the salary is terrible
National Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 25, 2017
great for work/life but don't expect a good salary or advancements. They want you to do more with less and it's the same year after year. They always start massive projects, but rarely finish them.
Beacon is a place you look to retire from
Community & Provider Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 24, 2017
I've been working for Beacon for 6 months and I have had the pleasure in being the first person to hold my position in this company. I am able to mold and create my role and my supervisor put her trust in me from the start. My role entails of my being a local support for the community and providers I keep in network with. I travel to different meetings and community events and provider people with education on what Beacon can provide them.
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 21, 2017
good benefits, opportunity for advancement. Beacon
Health Options was formerly known as ValueOptions. I worked for company when it was ValueOptions. Not able to comment on Beacon Health Options.
Decent work on a daily basis but TERRIBLE company structure and management!
INTAKE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33173November 16, 2017
It's rather difficult not to be apathetic about Beacon. There are so many changes that seem to take the company from bad to worse consistently. Employee morale is basically absolute zero due to such bad PR. We have access to breaks and great benefits but the lack of a future and seemingly uncertain future makes Beacon an unattractive company to work for. Oh. and management... it's a terrifying joke!
Pros
Breaks, pay, time off, community services
Cons
Management, company structure, stressful, incompetent leadership
Already done
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 16, 2017
I have previously discussed my experience at this corporation. I worked there twice and had both a good and bad experience. The jobs are busy and can be overwhelming.
Not too bad
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 15, 2017
A lot of demand in any position with this company. A lot goes on behind the scenes in healthcare and most don't realize that. But in a good environment with people that are like family, it makes the day go by smoothly.
Fast paced, lots of opportunity to learn
Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 3, 2017
There's still a lot of change occurring since the Beacon/Value Options merger. There may be opportunity for growth and advancement if you can stick out the changing strategies and are in the right place at the right time. If you like to learn, there's lots of opportunity for that.
micro managers
Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 26, 2017
micro managed to the tee, they realized the remote project was not going to work and slowly by slowly found reasons to terminate all the remote employees the worst position i have ever held.
Pros
Cons
everything
nice people, poor company
Credentialing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAOctober 26, 2017
This company became company first, and employees second. As a company they were more concerned with making money than taking care of the people they had working for them.
Pros
Non
Cons
Many
Nice place to work
Credentialing Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2017
I have no complaints about the company. Everything has been satisfactory since I been here. The supervisor is understanding and does not harass you. As long as you do what is expected you will love it here.
Pros
Great supervisor, no micro management, great hours, convenient commute
Cons
no cons
Productive environment with helpful coworkers
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIOctober 26, 2017
An average work day would include assisting member and provider calls, answer any questions and problem solving the issue. I learned an extensive amount about insurance terminology and benefits, privacy laws, claims, office professionalism and how to document calls with accuracy and efficiency. Very diverse workplace culture with positive and helpful management staff.
Good company, trouble advancing
Care Coordinator, Clinical Department (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 23, 2017
Overall, I really enjoyed this job. Good work/life balance, decent benefits, good people to work with. Unfortunately I have seen at least 3 plans close with this company and do no feel secure in this position.
Good
Clinical Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIOctober 19, 2017
Always had fairly good reviews. My typical day is generally organized. I learned a lot in my current position. Management is good and very well organized. Work culture is very pleasant.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
too far a drive for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beacon Health Options. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9