Beacon Health Options

Beacon Health Options Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2016
Beacon is a great place to work. Great co workers and great environment, but there is a lack of communication. If you get a good manager, your life is good, the problem is that there sometimes is a lack of communication and at times you have very little time to discuss or have any sort of out of work life...once you get in the office you hit the ground running. That said, it's a great place to work.
Pros
Great staff, wonderful co workers, nice office
Cons
Little time to do anything besides work, and you work extremely hard.
Not supportive or growth orientated company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 22, 2016
The company promotes internally leading to an insulated, indebted management culture. Therefore manager skill sets is very limited. Very little support after initial training. Assessment of work via QA is bias both based on employees age and if employee questions monthly reviews.
Once trained, not a hard job. Enhanced my customer service skills.
Many co workers were hard working, supportive and competent. Many others avoided work, constantly engaged supervisors unnecessarily to avoid contact with clients.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor training, bias management
Fun
Lead Technology Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 6, 2016
From the start of the shift I work with end users and my end users is the BHO staff. Nurses, PA,Doctors and etc who use the application build by Valueoptions and Beacon Health Strategies and are now combined global company. Hardest part is when my system, or companies system or application goes down it affects my ability to provide my services to the end users to the best of my ability. Most enjoyable part is when i have a satisfied customer - makes my day.
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
when we cant work from home
Beacon is a good place to work
Lead assistant for temps (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAAugust 24, 2016
Beacon is a good place to work in California. I learned how to do things the Beacon way. Beacon has a great managemet team the employees are helpful and friendly. Beacon did not have a hard part of the job due to my skills and ability to perform my daily duties. Talking and helping members get the healthcare information they need would be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, choosing work schedule
Safe healthy professional work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 26, 2016
This was a great place to work fun professional environment. The management was great in addition the training program provided was excellent. I enjoyed working there very much, I left due to personal choices however upon request would accept another position in the future.
Pros
food days
Cons
micro manage
Productive workplace and great environment
Network Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 26, 2016
Beacon is a productive workplace that provides it's employees with space to grow and develop. The management understands the company's objectives as well as the employees' needs. I would recommend Beacon to anybody who has the desire to work in the behavioral health industry.
great work atmosphere, supportive, caring, innovative company
Clinical Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, NJJuly 12, 2016
I have enjoyed working for this company now that has been acquired by Beacon Health Options. The only downfall is that the job security is not as I would like as the company is often dependent on state contracted work, which may mean if the company loses a bid or the state is not doing financially well and requires the company to make cuts, then jobs are at high risk for lay off. I enjoy working for the clinical department and have been able to work remotely from home which is an exceptional benefit to working for Beacon Health Options. I would recommend this company to anyone desiring a supportive, and caring work environment.
Pros
remote work from home option
Cons
job security
Poor Supervision and atmosphere
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 8, 2016
A revolving door for employees. Horrible work life balance and very low paying employer. Micromanage such things as you are only allowed to use the cell phone in the back of the building.
Pros
HR states they are working on changes
Cons
Work Enviroment, Pay and Supervision
Run fast
Claims Processor I (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 3, 2016
The worst possible company I have ever worked for, not sure how I managed to stay as long as I did. I would recommend panhandling before accepting a job with this company. Worked 60 hours a week for over a year and they just continue to under pay and take advantage. Management is horrible and HR is laughable
Pros
Cons
everything
Working directly in a corporate insurance environment
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 12, 2016
I really liked working in an environment that presented many rather remarkable peers with whom to consult and from whom I could learn so much of the trade of assessment and psychotherapy. I believe that my relationship to Value Options was better as a temporary employee. Once I became a full time employee, the standards of performance, and the corporate values focused on eliminating any areas that brought additional attention from/to mid-level management. took their toll. I look back at this time as productive and helpful to my fellow human beings.
Detail Oriented workplace with a great environment!
Claims Processor I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2016
This is a paradise for data entry and for those who enjoy meticulous, accurate and quick work. Your coworkers are a fun-loving whacky bunch and it feels more like a family. This is a job for people who are burdened by work with too much downtime and a sense that the work week drags on. The work makes the day just seem to breeze by quickly!
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, realistic management, great location.
Cons
Schedule is not very flexible in some departments.
Not a bad place to start.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTSeptember 1, 2016
I would say it is not a bad experience. The people are great, the pay isn't terrible, and the company itself is generous with days off and things. I have learned a lot about how medicaid works.
Pros
Time off, good people
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Company is no longer in business.
Behavioral Sciences Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2016
Company is no longer in business. When the company was open it was a pleasure to work for. I got a chance to engage with my clients at their homes where they were most comfortable and more likely to open up to me.
Good company to start your carreer
Clinical (Former Employee) –  WoburnJune 22, 2016
Beacon has been amazing in some aspects but horrible in others. Mid level managers don't have any idea what's going on and instead just make employees jobs harder. Bad managers seem to drive good employees out of their jobs with no oversight from directors.
Pros
Good opportunities to advance, great people to work with
Started as a fun placed to work, company is going in different direction
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 17, 2016
When I first started the company was a good placed to work with a rather laid back attitude so long as the work got done. However, they are currently going through a merger with another company and thus the smaller company mindset is changing and is becoming more of corporate juggernaut. My coworkers in both my department as well as employees in other departments are incredibly friendly. The people and direct supervisors that work there are amazing, however the company is heading in a different direction and is utilizing what larger corporations do in order to reach their destination.
No growth
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2016
Pay is ok. However, management in heartless, corrupt, and always showing favoritism, great co workers, great work experience as far as communicating with members, I love that.
Benefits
Cons
Management Discriminates
Very fast-paced, constantly changing environment, w added requirements to workflows on continual basis
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TX 75019May 27, 2016
Management is weak in this organization. Managers are allowed to say whatever they want to about you or your performance, and you as the Employee have no recourse of protection or advocacy. There is no way to appeal decisions or negative reports of supervisors, and even when questions are asked about issues, supervisors are allowed to twist words shared by employees and used to make employees look less than excellent to superiors. There have been continuous turnover at this Employer, ever since I first began working there, almost 5 years ago.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, really good vacation/leave benefits
Cons
Management disconnected from workers, no appeals process, if supervisor gets it in for you, you have no protection. Constant changes to workflows, procedures.
Needs Significant Improvement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 15, 2016
Has the potential to be a good company, but very disorganized. It is not a positive or exciting place to work. The company doesn't value it's employees. Definitely needs significant improvement.
Great company to work for
Clinical Service Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 20, 2016
Typical day would be preparing the workload for my technicians. Answering phone calls. Preparing estimates and correspondence. Maintaining filing and purging files as needed. Maintaining inventory and ordering supplies as needed.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Tolin Mechanical, developed great working relationships not only with my customers but my co-workers as well.
Pros
Great environment and customers
Nice Place to work and very good people
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 31, 2016
Nice Place to work and very good people.
Good company , Nice Health Care benefits.Nice Place to work and very good people.Co Workers are helpful and very good team leadership.

2.9