Beacon Health Options Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
QUALITY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 21, 2017
The local office is a good place for varied and challenging work. There is opportunity for growth - provided the current healthcare climate continues.
Overall a great place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 20, 2017
I have been happy with all positions held here. All moves have been to be promoted to a higher position or to learn more. I would not have left had I not been laid off.
Pros
Active Employee Acitivity Committee
Management needs work
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 17, 2017
Promotions are limited. The focus here is not the employees at all they do not want you to exceed in job. They won't let you grow with the company. Yes i was with them for 12 years but they getting rid of my group and changing the title around and hiring other people for less money.
Great work environment.
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDMarch 15, 2017
It is a great work environment and a fun atmosphere for all forms of people who are willing to make an impact in their environment. it is full of fun and fun all the way.
Pros
Free training
Cons
short breaks
you have to like overtime all the time.
Member Provider Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2017
opened and closed the company. The team lead was always late or leaving early. We only had to bilingual and one was always calling in sick, or not at her desk. Always advised to stay late because we were never advised ahead of time of someone not coming in or being on vacation. The main company is out of state. Always dealt with upset clients about their coverage.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
be prepared to always cover for other reps.
Good leadership program
Summer Graduate Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2017
The leadership program for MBAs is really well structured and has good benefits to students. Great company culture with nice colleagues in every offices of the company.
Decent job
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCMarch 1, 2017
How well you will like your job depends on your branch manager and your co workers.... in my case, i did not have a proper manager......................
Pros
Happy people
Cons
Favortism
No work life balance
UM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 22, 2017
do not want to write anything about the company. No work life balance. Work too hard and just negative feedback.....................................................
No time for family, no holidays off, not able to take vacation
Clinical Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Manager is consistently creating double binds. Ask for help, but why are you asking for help - don't you know your job. Constant threats!! Never had my job threatened so much, and they tell me I'm doing good. Um confusing!

No holidays off! No breaks! Vacation requests are impossible to get approved, I guess you have to be in the favor of the manager...

Labor laws seem foreign to the company. Basic rights are over looked.

Do yourself a favor, find another position! This company is not for anyone who has or wants to have a life.
Pros
work from home
Cons
NO LIFE
Job seekers beware
Utilization Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAFebruary 9, 2017
This company will offer perks and draw you in with benefits within 30 days but they have now switched up to Cigna, which is terrible. You're going to need through benefits due to the stressful work environment. You are micromanaged and management never seems to know what is going on. Too many managers and not enough communication.

Your lunches and breaks are scheduled but often ignored and you are assigned calls to follow up on or scheduled for meetings during these times.

The training is confusing as you are trained by 2-3 people who all do things differently. They use workflows as an excuse to tell you to "look it up".

You will get yelled at for not being on the que but there will be a good number of people just standing around talking while you are busy trying to get your work completed. There is definitely favoritism going on here. And if you don't bow down to their will you can expect to get crapped on.

Policies are also constantly changing so that is also frustrating.
Pros
benefits are cheap
Cons
everything else. Poorly organized, no control over breaks, and good luck requesting time off
Clean and healthy work place
Claims Processor I (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Good workplace culture with opportunities to learn from others and work with management. You are able to take the experience you have learned and use it to possibly advance within the company. Working independently or as a team at times gives you a good balance of communication. In certain positions you may choose your break and lunch times. This may help you outside of the work place as in you may need to make personal call's at certain times using lunch or breaks. Whether to check on family or deal with other issues.
Pros
Good, friendly work environment that can be flexible
Cons
Performing the same function over and over, can be repititous
A great work environment with a great mission.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2017
I have worked for Beacon Health Options for almost 4 years now, and I think that it has much to offer. A typical work day, in my current position, can either be overwhelming or very slow. I have been able to grow within the company, receiving 3 promotions, in the time that I have been here. The hardest part of the job would be trying to get everyone on a project on the same schedule, as there is so much happening all at one time. The most enjoyable I would have to say are the people. It is a great atmosphere, and I am thankful I have had the opportunities I have received working at Beacon.
Horrrrribleeeeeeeeeeeee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 18, 2017
The quality team are bullies and score you low on information that the management team provides you with.

I could of reported the quality team to the human right services ...But honestly wasn't worth my time

Open door policy does not mean nothing here

Don't waste your time !!!

I would say the pay is great but.......Your mental health is worth more than they pay

My depression and anxiety sky rocket when I worked there...
Great Place that Recognizes you.
Appeals & Grievances Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2017
Co-Workers are present, engaged and ready to move on to the next challenge. Schedules meet your needs, training is available, tuition reimbursement and many more helpful/mindful perks.
Very nice supervisor who cared
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  West Trenton, NJJanuary 16, 2017
Good ratio of client to case manager,
various resources available
lots of assistance
Very helpful and readily available CCC
weekly telephone morning meeting with our team to review cases with each other, ask questions, bounce ideas around, and discuss and new ideas or challenging events.
Pros
assistance when needed; good coworker
Cons
difficilty of members
Pros outweigh cons
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Overall, it's a good company to work for. Competitive salary, work from home options. However, management is typically unsupportive and a lot of their work flows downhill.
Have learned alot
Utilization Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJanuary 7, 2017
I really like the work I do at Beacon, it has taught me a lot and helped me grow in my field as well as personally. Unfortunately though there is a revolving door due to overworking staff.
Pros
Great Structure
Cons
Expectations re caseloads are too high
Excellent co-workers, great opportunities for advancement.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 6, 2017
Hardest part of the job would be sorting through and remembering all the training provided. As someone who was not familiar with the heal insurance industry, I required a lot of resources and job aides to get by. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you are working with. Beacon employs a variety of people from all walks of life and do an excellent job of screening them.
Pros
Free breakfast first Friday of every month.
Cons
Breaks can be hard to take due to high call volumes.
good company
Psychiatric Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2017
good company when I worked for them it was Value Options, I think they were very transparent and knew about the lay off way before it happened so prepared. Organized and management was good to work for
Pros
not too large a company
Cons
contract driven positions
Professional and Progressive
Medical Director - HARP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2016
Progressive company in Behavioral Health Management. supportive of progressive, positive change. Demanding and changing as the State advances in its plans to phase Medicaid into MCO's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beacon Health Options. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9