Beacon Health Solutions Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Okay job but not for a career
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2017
The supervisors here are horrible! Favoritism everywhere! This is a job that is not built for advancement or success! They make new rules the day of! With no warnings!
Cons
Short breaks
Stay Away from this Company
Management Position (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2016
I have worked for Fortune 200 organizations and can emphatically state that this company is run poorly. A good 20% of the company is staffed by friends and family of the COO of the company. This presents a conflict of interest since these employees are subject to different rules than the rest of the staff. For these "special" employees attendance issues are not addressed and promotions are given without notice or consideration to other staff. Furthermore, the company refuses to invest in the proper infastructure to run the operation properly. Systems go down when it rains (we are in Florida) and work grinds to a halt. This happens several times per month. Old time sheets and former employee information such as Social Security Numbers are left in empty cubicles in dusty manila folders going years back for anyone to access (1st hand account). If you work for Beacon, you will have to park three buildings down daily since the facilities are not adequate. Take my advice, look elsewhere for employment. Lastly, there benefits are terrible. Monthly medical premiums are double what they are at larger companies. Family premium is over 650.00 per month for a mediocre HMO.
Pros
Close to the interstate
Cons
Inconsistent treatment of employees, poor management, poor benefits
review
Member Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2015
was amazing company did my job right but they had a let go because some off the contacts were canceled with with beacon thats the only reason i had to leave this job
Dead End
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2015
I worked here for a year.

It's an extremely easy company to work for, but is poorly managed with absolutely no advancement opportunities. Every year, this company hires 15-20 "seasonal" employees as "enrollment specialists" before Medicare open enrollment. These positions have are paid very little, have no benefits, paid time off, or even holiday pay. Management will tell you there are many opportunities for overtime pay, but in my year with Beacon this rarely occurred.

Once the enrollment person begins and the management knows how busy the enrollment season will be, 5-10 of the worst preforming employees will be fired. The remaining are slowly fired as the enrollment period comes to a close. Management will tell you that the best employees will be offered a full time position, but in my year there the company will promise you a full time position (with absolutely no pay increase) but continue putting it off to avoid offering healthcare or any paid time off.

The positions here are very mundane and micromanaged. Management is poor with nearly no communication to the employees. During my time there, there was always a lot of drama and the management and "team leads" would openly criticize each other and spread drama throughout the office. Most of your colleagues are middle aged and have been working as "enrollment specialists" for as many as 5-10 years! These employees make slightly above minimum wage and there is absolutely no room to advance--NONE.

The only pluses with this company is that hours are very flexible and dress code is virtually nonexistent. Management
  more... doesn't pay much attention to employees and it's very easy to take extra long (30+ min) breaks with no one noticing. You can literally sit at your desk all day doing nearly no work and it would not be questioned. I don't recommend working here unless you only need temporary employment or the flexibility.

After my year working here, I have now left and began working at a much more professional company literally doubling my salary.
Pros
Flexible, no dress code enforcement, little attention payed to employees.
Cons
No advancement, poor pay, no paid time off (personal or holiday), very boring work, micromanaged.
Fun
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2015
Slow at times. Great staff to work with. Parties for random things. Meet new cool people. Able to listen to music while at work. Cubicle life.
Great place to work with team players
Concierge Specialist Sept (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2015
I come in and sign in my computer to get my day started. Most calls come as soon as im logged in and is mostly doctors at that time. I learned to have patients and not to take these members and their fustraction personal because sometimes they do call upset and its not mainly because i did something but just the overall company in general. Hardest part of my job is when they are upset and you are not always able to calm them down or assist them properly because they dont want you to talk. The most enjoyable is the happiness you feel when you are able to help them or provide them with the knowledge and information they were looking for and didnt know about.
Pros
working with great employees
Cons
30min lunches
Small company with multiple locations
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2012
Overall if you're looking for a small company with flexible schedules and somewhat lenient work attire this is the company to work for.
Pros
ability to choose schedule hours.

Want to know more about Beacon Health Solutions?

Ask a question