Beacon Health Strategies, LLC

Beacon Health Strategies, LLC Employer Reviews

Horribly Disorganized
Member Services Rep (Former Employee), Cypress, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: give me a minute....
Cons: low wages, unprofessional hr, disorganized, favoritism, gay manager with alcohol breath
I worked at the Cypress Center. Workflows are changed everyday. There is little to no training. Management staff stay locked in their office for hours on end. HR comes to work with wigs on backwards and sneezes extremely loud with her mouth open several times a day. No resumes are verified or references checked. Employees are forced to work for low – more... wages for years on end. Only 3% increments raises once a year. Solicitations to providers are mailed out to old addresses wasting thousands of dollars due to returned mail. Rude flamboyant claims manager comes to work with alcohol on his breath. Management just promoted him. This place is a wreck waiting to happen – less
Productive and efficient
Quality Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: benefits, experience
Cons: far commute, job relocating office
I am still at this company. The only reason I am leaving is because of the long commute I go through everyday to get to and from work. As far as the work atmosphere, it is decent and I enjoy working in my position and department.
Micromanagement Utopia
Technology (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: faneuil hall location is great, good 401k matching
Cons: very poor management and and culture which creates a very hostile and toxic environment
This company definitely sets the standard for excessive micromanagement. Every manager is so insecure about themselves and their employees. They fear being blamed for anything which is part of this company's culture so no one tries anything new and innovative and they control every aspect of their subordinates.

The lack of training is killing new employees – more... especially and cripple seasoned employee from growing and rising to the next level. – less
Hard work not recognized
Admin Spec (Current Employee), Woburn, MAFebruary 11, 2013
Awful management. Poor communication. Poor compensation and hard work is not recognized and appreciated.
Productive and fun
Member Services (Current Employee), Woburn, MASeptember 27, 2012
Pros: great benefits, great team, great enviroment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is dealing and satisfying customers and providers that need assistance. I have learned that customers are always right and to provide them with the best service. The management is great here, driven individuals that provide you witha ll the tools and guidelines. My coworkers are great, we believe in teamwork and help each other – more... when needed. The hardest part of the job I would say not fulfilling a client or customers need. The The most enjoyable part of my is turning an irate member or provider frown into a smile. – less
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJuly 10, 2012
Pros: free breakfast on fridays, 30 min lunch and 30 mins of breaks total
Cons: rude callers, can be very boring when it is slow
If you can handle calls from people who may be under the influence of a substance or are mentally ill, irate providers, monotonous claims calls here and there, and don't mind being connected to your desk all day by a headset, give this a try. Most calls are pleasant and people are pleased with the help you can provide. Management is encouraging.

About Beacon Health Strategies, LLC

COMPREHENSIVE CARE SINCE 1996 In close partnership with health plans, we help bring together the fragmented pieces of healthcare – Read more