BEACON HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Granger, INNovember 29, 2017
Good place to work as long as you don't do anything on your free time that will make management upset.
Mostly accommodating to your schedule if you need off.
Beacon is serious about customer service
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, IN 46514November 14, 2017
I loved my job at EGH and especially the Center for Behavioral Management.. The coworkers are like family and I always felt proud of the service we provide for the patients. The Psychiatrists on CBM are outstanding and the Social Workers are exceptional. The organization really goes above and beyond in caring for the patients regardless if the patients will ever be able to pay or even be able to appreciate their efforts. Time and time again, I've witnessed this company doing the right thing for our homeless and mentally ill and drug addicted patients. It is an honor to work for a company with such high standards of care.
Pros
Amazing culture
Cons
Short staffed at times
love the work but i hate that i cant make enough money or advance in my office
Medical Assistant, Resource Representative (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 7, 2017
i have to look outside of my current office to find job advancement. i love working there. it is a great place to work and always makes my day. i love the patients and my coworkers.
Pros
free lunch
N/a
Lead Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 31, 2017
Management was very poor. I worked for the company a year and a half and had 5 different DON's and 3 Facility manages. Rules change weekly. The care of the patients is very poor.
Productive and laidback
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 21, 2017
Relaxed environment
Resourceful
Learned about many ways to manage a group and how to efficiently use your time
Think strategically and plan accordingly
Management is extremely positive
Pros
Free Lunches, many resources, and benefits
Cons
fun place to work. See clients improve is the best part of the job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  McClure, PAAugust 2, 2017
The staff need more education as to know what to do when a situation arrives. ..ie..when to initiate a restraint. More education is needed on how to talk to a verbaly escalating client so we do not get to restraints.

Staff really try to work together to get the job done.

The hardest part of my job (I'm a nurse) so its difficult when you have multiple clients banging on the door all at once wanting something. Also, a lot of the clerical work and answering phones made it hard to do what we needed to do as nurses.

But, all in all...I really liked the work and loved the clients!!
Pros
compensation, upper management willing to work with you
Cons
not many breaks
Great people to work with
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 28, 2017
Although I feel like the compensation is low, you work with some great and intelligent people at Beacon health system. You can tell everyone who works there actually wants to be there, and treats you with respect.
Pros
Great group of people, benefits
Cons
Pay
Student OT-
Student Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 17, 2017
I was a student OT on the rehab floor. All therapist's were amazing and got along really well. Manager was very nice. I felt very welcome here. Awesome place!
Okay place to work
Surgery procedure scheduler (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 13, 2017
Good benefits, growth within the company seemed slow. I learned a lot in this job. Management changed three times in less than a year and high staff turnover due to this.
was a very good place
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 11, 2017
was a very good place to work. I loved my bosses. I never had very many problems. any problems were solved quickly when they appeared. it was a wonderful place to work
growing
Coordinator II, Market Research (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 18, 2017
Beacon as a whole is growing and to some degree this is a positive direction for a company. With the addition of Elkhart General Hospital the workplace became busier and less unified.
N/a
Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 1, 2017
Cool ok like the people I worked with anyone high then a manager is a lil too much for use regular people but over all a good place to work. Would of love to still be with my team.
Health care
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 5, 2017
Rewarding. You make a difference in someone's life.
Patients are increditable and so thankful to you.
Physically demanding. Long hrs. 12hr shifts. understaffed. Poor communication from mgmt. Requires good time management skills. Detailed oriented. Strong personalities.
Pros
Help people in need
Cons
Short staffed & Strong personalities
Loved meeting and helping people when they needed that little extra encouragement
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 2, 2017
Working for Beacon was a great start, they were very understanding to my circumstances at the time. I loved the canoes I was placed with and I absolutely loved making their day. Just getting them out of the house meant the world to them. I am a mother of five, so naturally I love taking care of others. I tend to work better when I have a lot on my plate, if I can say one thing good about myself, it would be that I am a very caring person and love improving others lives... well I guess that was two things.
Pros
Office personnel was amazing
Cons
Never really took any breaks... but it was ok
Very Long Days
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 11, 2017
As a Hospital Associate we are required to work 3, 12.5 hour shifts per week which is only 72 hours per pay period. The daily hours are to long, at 72 hours, we lose 16 hours per month which adds up to a loss of almost $3,000.00 per year. Its bad.
I do like the job, but not the long hours or the cut in pay.
Pros
good insurance, nice people
Great work enviroment
Receptionist / Back up Biller (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 9, 2017
The employees that worked for this company were all great and willing to help you learn to succeed, I just was not able to get the billing position I was desiring.
Pros
Great Facility to work for
Cons
Upper management did not try to help me advance
Benefits Administrator/Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 23, 2017
Awesome place to work here in South Bend, IN. It has a great culture. Customer service is the focal point system wide. I would gladly work fir Beacon Heakth System again in the future.
There was always lots of work to do.
Central Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 9, 2017
My co-workers were the BEST. We were very cooperative to get the daily tasks completed. I learned to stand up for what you think is right, and best for the patient. Even if you have to disagree with a president or CEO.
Working conditions
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  La Porte, INJanuary 7, 2017
Long work days. Often do not feel appreciated. Clinical manager does not have clinical license. Working environment is not professional. Poor behavior is tolerated from both staff and patients.
Pros
Drug Rep lunches frequently
Cons
No breaks, long hours
productive
Premium Billing Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 5, 2017
no summary needed the place is not a friendly place to work the people are racist and not willing to educate on job. Management is ok depending on who you are working with.
Pros
hours
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BEACON HEALTH SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.