Beacon Health Employee Reviews

Produstive Day
Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAOctober 23, 2017
Being able to close more then 10 inquiries is the goal, sometimes I would have to work on an urgent case half the day, but as long as I found someone!
Great Company To Work For
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 4, 2016
This is a great company to work for. I really enjoy my job. The management is amazing. The people I work with are helpful and good to be around, This is a good place to work.
Toxic place; unstable environment
Program Manager, Intake & Counseling (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 1, 2016
Very toxic place; management is not transparent and is very unprofessional! Decisions are made in a vacuum and follow no clear path.
Great Team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 11, 2016
Fast Paced, quick. I learned a lot about wounds and operations, surgical procedures. Management was alright, quick to help. I love my co-workers. Great relationships. Dealing with patients not in the right mind. Feeling like I am valued as a person.
Pros
Satisfaction in myself
Cons
Pay
Operations Manager, Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 25, 2016
The best company I have ever work with. I love the healthcare environment. Very good people and and friendly staff. The company promotes within the departments and offer really good benefit plan. I will recommend it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Workload fluctuates a lot
Very low pay, no support.
Supported Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 4, 2016
This organization had very low pay and the support from management was no exactly the best. They pushed for productivity but did not provide compensation for the work you did.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Pay
ok place to work
Taking member monthly payments (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2016
It started off as a very nice company to work for. but as time went on management changed and the company began to go down. If they get better Organized it might be better but I am not pleased right now and would not recommend any one else. I can say that I learned how to deal with angry customers and how to resolve their issues. I had some very good co worker and we all learned how to help each other and use the resources that we had. The hardest part of the job was, the company is a third party organization and one of the lines of business went out of service and to deal with the angry members without any resources to tell them was really hard. But overall I learned patients.
Pros
It is a small company
Cons
they are not on one accord
Beacon Health has been a great place to work
Account Representative for Beacon Health Ventures (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 30, 2015
My time with Beacon has been wonderful. Beacon strives to be the best place to work and promotes community involvement. My position in this company has been very fast paced with many deadlines and short timely filing limits. I have greatly enjoyed working with Indiana Medicaid.
Start
Family Nurse Practitioner, SANE (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 31, 2015
My review of this is biased as I have not had other experiences in my role as a nurse practitioner. Overall, it has been a good experience.
Poor Management
Director of Counseling & Psychiatric Services (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 3, 2015
It became clear toward the end of my tenure here that upper management were making poor decisions evidenced by the fact that the entire psychiatric service team resigned. Many other long term employees also moved on to other opportunities as well.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Upper management
Compassionate and caring place to work.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Memorial Home CareApril 21, 2015
Home care is a rewarded job that gives you a chance to help people and to improve their quality of life. A typical day can include help with daily living activities, errands, companionship and light housekeeping.
Upbeat thriving work environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Brewer, MEMay 4, 2014
The typical day consist of meetings with executive administrators. It also consist of working on projects to further population health, also expanding and improving current systems in place to review current data with in the patients under the beacon health care. There is a great atmosphere with supportive co-workers and very experienced management.
Pros
Good Experience, Practicing skills, Advancing Career
Well rounded agency
Social Worker/Case Manager Internship (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 26, 2014
Beacon Health Care is well diverse with a wide variety of programs and groups to assist and help a number of client populations. The agency has programs and services in:
• Psychiatry and Medication Management
• Case Management (CPST)
• Suboxone Maintenance Program
• Counseling
• Supported Employment Services
• Dual Diagnosis Program
• Forensic Services Program (Criminal Justice)
• Older Adult Services
• Victims of Crime Advocate Program
• Community Education
Working with Staff
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 14, 2013
The people and clients there are the best around. I enjoyed my years there and learned so many things and made many friends.

The company merged from Pathways and Neighboring to Beacon Health. At this time, the management was lacking. The management came from Neighboring and froze out the people from Pathways and made for a very toxic environment. This was in the form of bulling and threats.

I believe the hardest part of the job was dealing with some very unhealthy clients. It broke your heart that they were in the state they were in and you felt helpless.

I loved my job and wish I was still there. The people I worked with were a joy to be around. We helped each other as if we were family. The clients were so sweet and I enjoyed talking with them daily.
Cons
Healthcare
Great Coworkers Poor Ethics
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2013
Not the best place to work ethically and the pay is low for the amount of inbound calls your taking.