Beacon Transport Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Not bad for a trucking company
Mason Dr (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TN 37086January 21, 2017
Beacon is a good company. The equipment is good but overall the miles are lacking. The Management seems to not want to deal with the problems that customers put their drivers through. I believe they are afraid of offending them and losing a customer. But overall the problems at Beacon are just the problems with trucking industry as a whole.
Pros
Great Equipment
Cons
lack of miles.
beacon
driver (Former Employee) –  Lavergne TnJanuary 15, 2017
Dispatchers slow to keep you rolling but that falls back on customer service reps mechanics bust their backside to keep trucks rolling an safe operation manager blames mechanics for everything instead of finding out truth an they have a lack of security cameras to keep personal cars an semis secure
Great Company to drive for!!!
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  LaVergne, TnFebruary 28, 2015
I came to Beacon b/c they have good equipment, NO LEASE PURCHASE PROGRAMS or O/OPS (owner operators), they don't run Florida or the West Coast!!!
They have a good solid freight base mostly Drop & Hook where you can also reload at the same place you deliver too!!
I think that's where some drivers get spoiled and only want this easy cake freight well (BUZZER) doesn't work that way, you gotta take the rough freight too....Every company has some tough freight and tough Shippers & Receivers.
I also love Beacon b/c they don't "MICRO MANAGE" or Babysit their drivers!!!
They're attitude is Hey, you came to us you said you were a Professional Truck Driver so prove it.....They will work with you if you let them know you need help but not 2hrs before your p/up or delivery time, you have to let them know.
They don't run tight delivery freight, drivers make it that way.
In my opinion; the problems at Beacon are caused by the drivers, you know the bad few that every company has.
I hope Beacon's not one of those companies that rather run away all their good Pro drivers and replace them with what we call "D/HEADS".... Only time will tell I guess.
All I know for sure is that Beacon is my last stop, if the bad drivers can ruin a good company like Beacon then why go drive somewhere else, others must have bad drivers too.
Pros
No Lease Purchase or O/Ops or Florida or West Coast!!
Cons
No Salt or Snow Plow for terminal
they did want you too go home
Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2014
the company sucked the best part was when i quit they did not care about saftey
Cons
Good equipment, work place.
Over the road (OTR) truck driver (Former Employee) –  Mason, TNJuly 8, 2013
Enjoyed working here, small company with sound values. Owner believed in making it profitable for everyone. Lots of freight when a driver really wanted to work. Did allow small dogs/cats when I left in 2010. Good dispatchers, kept the drivers busy, load planners learned how a driver liked to run and would work to keep that driver rolling.
Pros
Good miles, good equipment, good people to work for and with.
Cons
Would have preferred Pete 387s, not the Volvos the company had.
Safety Manager
Safety Director/ Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 3, 2013
A typical day at work would be to conduct orientation for a new hire over the road truck driver. Handle all overage, shortage, and damaged cargo claims as they occur. Review the previous days night notes and contact all open insurance claims to ensure that the claim is being handled efficiently. Review driver performance evaluations, and review driver's hours of service audits. Conduct CSA 2010 training and reviews with drivers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough hours this position is never ending and is essential for a truck line.
A good co to work for
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNNovember 12, 2012
this co is a good co to work for they have paper logs and you get paid by the macros you send your drops and your pickups
Great equipment
OTR Driver 53' Dry Van (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 23, 2012
I love the regions they cover, it's all south/southeast,southwest.
85% New equipment and good maintenance shop.
Very nice people to work with.
Simplified system of communication, logs ect...
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
low per mile rate

Want to know more about Beacon Transport?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beacon Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Beacon Transport Reviews by Location