Requires a high school diploma (college degree preferred), and a valid LPN license to practice in Iowa/Illinois areas. At least one year of hospice or homecare experience is preferred. Computer, secretarial, accounting, medical terminology, and billings skills are desirable. Good communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with the staff and public.
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY:
Must demonstrate basic knowledge of all procedures included in the Team Assistant job description. Must have the ability to follow instructions from the Administrator and other professional staff. Ability to communicate effectively with managers, patients, families and co-workers. Maintains confidentiality of information relating to patient.
1.) Follows established control procedures for open and closed records in compliance of HIPPA.
2) Maintains adequate supply of medical supplies.
3) Maintains current patient statistics.
4) Coordinates, processes and enters patient data including referrals, admissions, discharges and change information.
6) Maintains log of interim orders and plans of care in accordance with state and federal regulations.
7) Communicates and secures late or missing documents required for billing and or data entry.
8) Maintains accurate medicare/medicaid billing logs.
9) Prepares forms and paperwork for interdisciplinary group meetings.