Beacon

Beacon Employer Reviews

Fun and productive day working with children from the community.
Supervisor Assistant / Classroom Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: being able to make a positive impact on the children in my community life.
A typical day at work would start when the children come to after school. They would first be giving a snack, and few minutes to conversed, followed by the completion of their homework. I would normally give extra help to students who are having difficulties with a specific problem. After homework was completed, children were allowed to engage in extra – more... curriculum activities, such as: playing sports, joining any groups, going swimming, doing arts and crafts. Everyone at the job was dedicated, and passionate about what they were doing. I enjoyed every part of working at the beacon, but the hardest part about the job was leaving. To not see the kids I tutored grow and mature was hard, because during my time there, I grew a stronger bond then expected with children. – less
I'm kind of sorry I worked there.
Billing Assistant (Former Employee), VAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management change, bad reviews from the state board, payroll hold up a lot, overall just was'nt the job for me.
work day began at 7am, first thing I did was pull my census for the day, tally up who was there, who left, and who passed durning the night, then I did my coding for all services to the patients, I had very close relationship with social security admins. and Richmond Medicaid department, and social services, general office work.
Productive Place to Work
Tapered Design Specialist (Current Employee), New Castle, PAAugust 4, 2013
Overall it is a good job. Frustrating sometimes not being able to have the right trucks to get your material to the job site. other than that management is good... just want a more rewarding job.
Training Manager (Current Employee), Ewing, NJJune 7, 2013
I do not have any complaints about working for this company.
The people are great. the benefits are great. there is plenty of work to do and you get recognized for your contributions.
Healthy work evironment
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 3, 2013
Start the day off with safety meetings. Making sure that you have the proper PPE and make the day productive. As far as upper management, I can't say nothing negative about them. All they ask of you is to do your job, stay busy, be productive, and work safely. The climax part of the day is going home to your family just like you came.
enjoyable,
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), York, MENovember 7, 2012
nice place to work prior to buy out by Amedysis. work day usually 10 hrs. good at education.
Helpful environment
Transitional Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Beacon, NYMay 26, 2012
Good opportunity to help inmates transition, co-workers are willing to help. Engaged in workshops and curriculum development for workshops
Fun Place To Work With Kids
Councilor (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 18, 2012
I Loved Working With The Kids In That Day Care . They Made My Day Worth Wanting To Work More In The Future With Kids. The Staff Wasn't So Amazing That I Thought They Were . I Learned Patience , Loyalty , Customer Service , Ablity To Do Without. The Hardest Part Was Keeping Up Different Ages Of The Children To Stay On The Same Pace With The Dance Steps.
productive and helpful
Security Supervisor / Security Officer (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 14, 2014
Pros: free traveling
Cons: too much long hours
wonderful time with this company,specially with my work colleges who were really lovely guys

and my boss he was a really nice man

overall a very good experience in this company
Never again
Vice President, Global Account Management/ MD EMEA (Former Employee), Cincinnati/Prague Czech RepublicMarch 13, 2014
Pros: so sad it was comical at times
Cons: the leadership's morals or lack thereof
Out of business for a good reason. This was not a company ever meant to last, but a vehicle for a handful to make a lot of money and sell the company off.
Good learning and working place
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Pune, MHMarch 7, 2014
Learned about the marketing strategies, marketing initiatives,various ways of marketing.
fun work place
Cleaner (Current Employee), Crawley, ENGFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: easy transport
Cons: short hours
Nice place to work
Team work
Helping co-workers
Clean site
Only weekdays
Two hours a day
Is nice and a lovely place to work
cleaner (Former Employee), Halifax, ENGAugust 21, 2013
The management is nice and the people I work with are love and friendly.
Rewarding work, long hours and phisically challenging
Community Health Worker (certified) (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 30, 2013
Pros: very rewarding work
Cons: long hours and hard on the body
Enjoyed working with geriatric health care clients. Great team environment.
worked excessive hours of up to 65 per week.
cook
Cook (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJune 3, 2013
i would cook food for the customers and do dishes. and i would get the food ready
GREAT EXP
CO ORDINATOR (Current Employee), KAROL BAGHSeptember 21, 2012
I HAVE A GREAT EXP. WITH BEACON ASSOCIATION PVT LTD.
ITS A HOME LOAN DIVISION