Beacon Employee Reviews

The BEACON was a learning experience.
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 16, 2017
Over all the job was ok, for starters my hourly pay started at $5 an hour, after a month I demanded an increase in pay. The best part about the job was the kids, being able to be apart of their daily lives and helping them with their homework or giving them words of encouragement.
Pros
Fun activities with the kids.
Cons
Unprofessional management.
Stressful, poor oversight, and lack of care for the residents
Resident care (Current Employee) –  Saint Ignace, MIFebruary 22, 2017
I don't advise working for this company. They overwork there employees, treat employees poorly and don't provide adequate care for there residents. Beware
Pros
Decent starting pay
Cons
Hours, treatment, lack of oversight
large turn over of emploees due to work load
outpatient counselor (Former Employee) –  downtown BuffaloJanuary 5, 2016
Company can not keep employees due to over working employees on salary. 50 to 60 hour work week. Large volume of clients and not enough staff to provide service meaning employees are over work creating a burn out within 3 to 6 months. Co-workers usually work together to help with case loads. Most enjoyable part of job was working with the clients.
Pros
work experience in field of work
Cons
short breaks if any
Room for promotion
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 1, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Beacon Group. They have a great impact on the community and especially those with disabilities. I was referred through Voc Rehab as a client with disabilities and was able to become a staff member at Beacons Value Village, then in time worked my way up to a supervisory position. Best place that I have ever worked!
Very overworked and non caring company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 26, 2017
just don't apply, Residents do what they want. They don't care about what the goals are, its just not a good place to work. have favorite staff. it sucks.
Excellent employer.
Clinical Care Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed my time with this company, even though I was there for just a short time. Because I was enrolled in graduate school level courses at the time, it became apparent that I would not be able to handle both the workload and my full-time course load.
Pros
Friendly and helpful co-workers.
Cons
This position was not a good fit for my work/life balance.
Enjoyable workplace, great staff
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Dafter, MIOctober 8, 2016
Hated leaving, but family comes first needed to care for father. Loved the staff and residents. I'm going to miss both. Hard part was all the overtime due to not able to keep staff on at night.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Keeping staff on night shift
Fun place to work, minimal compensation for work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 15, 2015
I would work 3-5 days a week. This job included driving from house to house usually all over Michigan. Minimal compensation was given for the miles and gas you used to drive. The work was fun depending on who your work partner was for the day. You were only paid for the hours you worked in the customers house, and not for the time spent driving from house to house. This employer also does not take taxes out of your check but you are to pay back taxes at the end of the year. The only receipts you can write off are gas.
Pros
Fun work depending on who you are working with for the day
Cons
Short to no breaks, minimal gas compensation, pay back taxes, low hours
Beacon work life
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
Working for Beacon is so amazing. You take care of the most amazing clients in the world. Everyday taking them into the work field and help them with a real job experience. The hardest part of this job is not getting too attached to the clients. This job was totally amazing and if you can live off the love from your clients you are a truly rich person.
Pros
Caring loving clients new experiences
Cons
low pay and under 40 hrs a week
good work environment
Porter/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 5, 2016
good work environment
learned maintenance work
learned porter easy work environment
managers are respectful and understanding
they will work with you and with what you need
I'm kind of sorry I worked there.
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 23, 2014
work day began at 7am, first thing I did was pull my census for the day, tally up who was there, who left, and who passed durning the night, then I did my coding for all services to the patients, I had very close relationship with social security admins. and Richmond Medicaid department, and social services, general office work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
management change, bad reviews from the state board, payroll hold up a lot, overall just was'nt the job for me.
Fair
Occupational Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 8, 2015
Very Fast paced from start to finish. With good team member a typical can go easy and quick. We here at beacon pride ourselves in providing A+ Customer service in timely yet efficient manner
Pros
Good Benifits, OT
Cons
No Lunches, short staffed
Interesting place to work. A lot of nice people who work there.
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 22, 2015
My typical day there was always very busy which I liked a lot. I learned a lot about affordable housing, Section 8 and HUD. Learned two new systems (RealPage and OneSite) which they were both very user friendly. My co-workers were a diverse group of people and the majority was related in one way or another. The hardest part of my job was management didn't like new ideas of how to do things which would make people's jobs more efficient and less time consuming. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the residence when I would see them in the halls and at resident functions.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No where to advance in my field.
Very productve and fast pace
Rehab/ production supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 7, 2016
Typical day, Morning set up clocking in the clients set up for daily goals (varies daily) range from 5,000 - 30,000 piece rivet set.
Start work process assist with clients during break as well as lunches.
Hardest part of job is the time that is need to complete a full accomplished day of work production plus rehab all in one.
Most enjoyable is the clients and setting our daily goals and achieving our daily goal with our without challenges throughout the day.
Pros
hours 730am-330pm
Cons
no breaks or lunches alone, consistantly on the clock on the go. No time.
supportive team
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2016
I love working with my clients and coworkers. Caseload sizes can be large, but your coworkers are very supportive and understanding. They are always willing to help each other when needed. We all want to see client success whether that be through our organization or another.
Cons
unavaliable job placements
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 7, 2013
I do not have any complaints about working for this company.
The people are great. the benefits are great. there is plenty of work to do and you get recognized for your contributions.
Member services II (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 19, 2016
ready to work in a serious changing environment, enjoyed to help members.Worked in faced paced environment. Independently worked with little supervision.
Productive and fun workplace
Floor Technition Lead (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 27, 2016
Enjoyed working with the disabled teammates and pushing them to thrive in better work ethics. Enjoyed the Responsibilities that my team an I took on.
It was an interesting position and offered variety
Assistant Community Work Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2015
A typical day was typing exams for students and proctor some of the exams for the professors. I took care of some small animals and plants for the Agriculture Department. I took roll in the Electronics Department and Agriculture Department that were located next to each other. I have learned how to work well with others and be flexible in all duties. The professors that I worked for were very knowledgeable and kind. The hardest part of the job was when students with a lot of potential were unable to continue their education for various personal reasons. The most enjoyable part was to see the students graduate.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
pay scale
ok
Clinical Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJOctober 13, 2015
work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work orverload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beacon. Our community is ready to answer.