Beacon Employee Reviews in United States

Very productve and fast pace
Rehab/ production supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 7, 2016
Typical day, Morning set up clocking in the clients set up for daily goals (varies daily) range from 5,000 - 30,000 piece rivet set.
Start work process assist with clients during break as well as lunches.
Hardest part of job is the time that is need to complete a full accomplished day of work production plus rehab all in one.
Most enjoyable is the clients and setting our daily goals and achieving our daily goal with our without challenges throughout the day.
Pros
hours 730am-330pm
Cons
no breaks or lunches alone, consistantly on the clock on the go. No time.
Gas station
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland, CAFebruary 3, 2016
People were great loved the company was sorry to see it close. I love the fast pace. I love meeting the regulars customer. Moving up was easy.
large turn over of emploees due to work load
outpatient counselor (Former Employee) –  downtown BuffaloJanuary 5, 2016
Company can not keep employees due to over working employees on salary. 50 to 60 hour work week. Large volume of clients and not enough staff to provide service meaning employees are over work creating a burn out within 3 to 6 months. Co-workers usually work together to help with case loads. Most enjoyable part of job was working with the clients.
Pros
work experience in field of work
Cons
short breaks if any
Training Opportunties
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 31, 2015
Great place to work. Many training opportunities and coworkers are very friendly. They are open five days a week and this scheduling is very flexible.
Fun work place,. The children needs were the main priority.
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 26, 2015
Taking care of kids teaching them something new each day. Fun to work with. patience is key. Apart of SYEP. hectic environment with so many children, tiring but worth it.
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  South BendOctober 19, 2015
This job involved a lot of cleaning. but it did not pay enough. The co-workers were great, easy to work with. The location was at beacon.
Pros
worked at your own pace
Cons
did not pay much
ok
Clinical Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJOctober 13, 2015
work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work orverload
Photography
Freelance Photographer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaSeptember 10, 2015
I took pictures for the Florida International University News paper of any events that the university had to offer. I also worked on photoshop for all my images.
Pros
Taking Picture
cleaning up
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Blue IslandAugust 9, 2015
when i Used to work there i take out the trash and clean up the teachers room and help around with the staff or sometimes i used to be absent they shorting my pay so they stopped me from working with them
Pros
free Lunches
Cons
short breaks
Interesting place to work. A lot of nice people who work there.
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 22, 2015
My typical day there was always very busy which I liked a lot. I learned a lot about affordable housing, Section 8 and HUD. Learned two new systems (RealPage and OneSite) which they were both very user friendly. My co-workers were a diverse group of people and the majority was related in one way or another. The hardest part of my job was management didn't like new ideas of how to do things which would make people's jobs more efficient and less time consuming. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the residence when I would see them in the halls and at resident functions.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No where to advance in my field.
It was an interesting position and offered variety
Assistant Community Work Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2015
A typical day was typing exams for students and proctor some of the exams for the professors. I took care of some small animals and plants for the Agriculture Department. I took roll in the Electronics Department and Agriculture Department that were located next to each other. I have learned how to work well with others and be flexible in all duties. The professors that I worked for were very knowledgeable and kind. The hardest part of the job was when students with a lot of potential were unable to continue their education for various personal reasons. The most enjoyable part was to see the students graduate.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
pay scale
Fair
Occupational Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 8, 2015
Very Fast paced from start to finish. With good team member a typical can go easy and quick. We here at beacon pride ourselves in providing A+ Customer service in timely yet efficient manner
Pros
Good Benifits, OT
Cons
No Lunches, short staffed
Fun place to work, minimal compensation for work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 15, 2015
I would work 3-5 days a week. This job included driving from house to house usually all over Michigan. Minimal compensation was given for the miles and gas you used to drive. The work was fun depending on who your work partner was for the day. You were only paid for the hours you worked in the customers house, and not for the time spent driving from house to house. This employer also does not take taxes out of your check but you are to pay back taxes at the end of the year. The only receipts you can write off are gas.
Pros
Fun work depending on who you are working with for the day
Cons
Short to no breaks, minimal gas compensation, pay back taxes, low hours
Productive work place to help people with disabilities
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 29, 2014
• Report to a Custodian Lead who is responsible for the direction of housekeeping services
• Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
• Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedure
• Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets
and trash containers; refill restroom dispensers.
• Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use
checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off
lights
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
creative differences with a supervisor
this was a fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  new smyrna beachDecember 3, 2014
I enjoyed this job. unfortunately the original owners sold the establishment and the new company brought in there own management.
Pros
free movies
Cons
worked weekends
great company
Pipe-fitter/Foreman/General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Bedford, KYSeptember 10, 2014
felt like just another number with this company and that could be because of the size in which this company is.
I was very disappointed when the company's contract was drastically cut and my position was downsized.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 4, 2014
I enjoyed working with the environmental engineers and contractors. I was concerned about the security of my job and was disappointed when the company's only contract budget was drastically cut and my position was downsized.
Pros
great company to work with, flexible work schedules
Cons
the company depended solely on one contract.
Fun and productive day working with children from the community.
Supervisor Assistant / Classroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2014
A typical day at work would start when the children come to after school. They would first be giving a snack, and few minutes to conversed, followed by the completion of their homework. I would normally give extra help to students who are having difficulties with a specific problem. After homework was completed, children were allowed to engage in extra curriculum activities, such as: playing sports, joining any groups, going swimming, doing arts and crafts. Everyone at the job was dedicated, and passionate about what they were doing. I enjoyed every part of working at the beacon, but the hardest part about the job was leaving. To not see the kids I tutored grow and mature was hard, because during my time there, I grew a stronger bond then expected with children.
Pros
being able to make a positive impact on the children in my community life.
I'm kind of sorry I worked there.
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 23, 2014
work day began at 7am, first thing I did was pull my census for the day, tally up who was there, who left, and who passed durning the night, then I did my coding for all services to the patients, I had very close relationship with social security admins. and Richmond Medicaid department, and social services, general office work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management change, bad reviews from the state board, payroll hold up a lot, overall just was'nt the job for me.
Productive Place to Work
Tapered Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAAugust 4, 2013
Overall it is a good job. Frustrating sometimes not being able to have the right trucks to get your material to the job site. other than that management is good... just want a more rewarding job.