Beacon

Beacon Employee Reviews

It was an interesting position and offered variety
Assistant Community Work Services Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great working hours
Cons: pay scale
A typical day was typing exams for students and proctor some of the exams for the professors. I took care of some small animals and plants for the Agriculture Department. I took roll in the Electronics Department and Agriculture Department that were located next to each other. I have learned how to work well with others and be flexible in all duties. The professors that I worked for were very knowledgeable and kind. The hardest part of the job was when students with a lot of potential were unable to continue their education for various personal reasons. The most enjoyable part was to see the students graduate.
Fair
Occupational Health Technician (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 8, 2015
Pros: Good Benifits, OT
Cons: No Lunches, short staffed
Very Fast paced from start to finish. With good team member a typical can go easy and quick. We here at beacon pride ourselves in providing A+ Customer service in timely yet efficient manner
Fun place to work, minimal compensation for work
Team Member (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fun work depending on who you are working with for the day
Cons: Short to no breaks, minimal gas compensation, pay back taxes, low hours
I would work 3-5 days a week. This job included driving from house to house usually all over Michigan. Minimal compensation was given for the miles and gas you used to drive. The work was fun depending on who your work partner was for the day. You were only paid for the hours you worked in the customers house, and not for the time spent driving from house to house. This employer also does not take taxes out of your check but you are to pay back taxes at the end of the year. The only receipts you can write off are gas.
Productive and clean workplace.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Carrollton, KYMarch 13, 2015
Productive, fun and clean workplace. I enjoyed working with this company. They are concerned about their employees. Very good company. I would recommend them.
good job
Rigger (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Making Heavy, medium and light lifts and critical lifts also tandem lifts.
Working with several riggers and operators and cranes of all sizes from 15 ton to 220 ton cranes rubber tire and crawler.
Productive work place to help people with disabilities
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 29, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere
Cons: creative differences with a supervisor
• Report to a Custodian Lead who is responsible for the direction of housekeeping services
• Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
• Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedure
• Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets
and trash containers; refill restroom dispensers.
• Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use
checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off
lights
this was a fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), new smyrna beachDecember 3, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: worked weekends
I enjoyed this job. unfortunately the original owners sold the establishment and the new company brought in there own management.
great company
Pipe-fitter/Foreman/General Foreman (Former Employee), Bedford, KYSeptember 10, 2014
felt like just another number with this company and that could be because of the size in which this company is.
I was very disappointed when the company's contract was drastically cut and my position was downsized.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmond, OKApril 4, 2014
Pros: great company to work with, flexible work schedules
Cons: the company depended solely on one contract.
I enjoyed working with the environmental engineers and contractors. I was concerned about the security of my job and was disappointed when the company's only contract budget was drastically cut and my position was downsized.
Fun and productive day working with children from the community.
Supervisor Assistant / Classroom Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: being able to make a positive impact on the children in my community life.
A typical day at work would start when the children come to after school. They would first be giving a snack, and few minutes to conversed, followed by the completion of their homework. I would normally give extra help to students who are having difficulties with a specific problem. After homework was completed, children were allowed to engage in extra curriculum activities, such as: playing sports, joining any groups, going swimming, doing arts and crafts. Everyone at the job was dedicated, and passionate about what they were doing. I enjoyed every part of working at the beacon, but the hardest part about the job was leaving. To not see the kids I tutored grow and mature was hard, because during my time there, I grew a stronger bond then expected with children.
I'm kind of sorry I worked there.
Billing Assistant (Former Employee), VAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management change, bad reviews from the state board, payroll hold up a lot, overall just was'nt the job for me.
work day began at 7am, first thing I did was pull my census for the day, tally up who was there, who left, and who passed durning the night, then I did my coding for all services to the patients, I had very close relationship with social security admins. and Richmond Medicaid department, and social services, general office work.
Productive Place to Work
Tapered Design Specialist (Current Employee), New Castle, PAAugust 4, 2013
Overall it is a good job. Frustrating sometimes not being able to have the right trucks to get your material to the job site. other than that management is good... just want a more rewarding job.
Training Manager (Current Employee), Ewing, NJJune 7, 2013
I do not have any complaints about working for this company.
The people are great. the benefits are great. there is plenty of work to do and you get recognized for your contributions.
Healthy work evironment
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 3, 2013
Start the day off with safety meetings. Making sure that you have the proper PPE and make the day productive. As far as upper management, I can't say nothing negative about them. All they ask of you is to do your job, stay busy, be productive, and work safely. The climax part of the day is going home to your family just like you came.
enjoyable,
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), York, MENovember 7, 2012
nice place to work prior to buy out by Amedysis. work day usually 10 hrs. good at education.
Helpful environment
Transitional Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Beacon, NYMay 26, 2012
Good opportunity to help inmates transition, co-workers are willing to help. Engaged in workshops and curriculum development for workshops
Fun Place To Work With Kids
Councilor (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 18, 2012
I Loved Working With The Kids In That Day Care . They Made My Day Worth Wanting To Work More In The Future With Kids. The Staff Wasn't So Amazing That I Thought They Were . I Learned Patience , Loyalty , Customer Service , Ablity To Do Without. The Hardest Part Was Keeping Up Different Ages Of The Children To Stay On The Same Pace With The Dance Steps.

Beacon Salaries