BEALLS DEPARTMENT STORE

BEALLS DEPARTMENT STORE Employer Reviews

great place
Senior Sales Producer (Former Employee), falfurrias, txJuly 3, 2014
Pros: people, environment
Cons: benefits
never a dull moment, enjoyed working dealing & helping with the public on what products would be right for them
it was fun.
Sales (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 13, 2014
Pros: no breaks
calm, team palyers. management awesome. retail was kinda hard to adjust to
I loved working at this store.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: liked working there
Cons: couldn't quit ever get in sink with my store manager.
I loved working at this store. I liked the location, the environment and I had great co workers. On the down side. My hours kept getting cut back and back until I was cut out. I finally quit. The store has weak PR relations from it's main supervisor. I didn't really have many issues about the rest.
Basic Retail Environment - but horrible work life balance for Salaried Managers
Area Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: employee discount, hard working managers
Cons: work life balance / the scheduling was really bad
For the most part Managers here were fun to work with and most were honest and hardworking.

Employees that I supervised were my number one asset at this job. Without them - this company would not be where it is today. The problem is (like most retail jobs) the bulk of their "backbone workers" are part-timers with not much benefits given to them so – more... as a Manager here you are constantly dealing with a lot of negative attitudes and competition from employees fighting for more hours, especially from workers with families and more responsibilities in their lives. The employees that were working here part-time and going to school still were the only satisfied workers here that I saw (the majority of the time).

The most satisfying part of this job for me was working with the customers and giving as much support to my employees as I could to make their jobs easier and run more smoothly. When my employees would thank me for my support - that was enough for me to know that I was making a difference here - bringing in more positive than negative through my skills and understanding.

As a salaried Manager here we were responsible for ALL store operations including the evaluations of all employees that worked under you. We would get very little help from our Store Managers in many of the store operations here and I feel that this was mainly due to the fact that their work load was overwhelming as well.

The worst thing about this job was the Schedule. Store Managers would never take into consideration your work life balance. You would be scheduled from 11am-9pm - but you would never get out at 9pm when closing down the store - if you were lucky you would be able to have everything wrapped up by 10pm in order to go home. Then they would schedule you to work the very next day at 7am-5pm. Plus not only were you working and scheduled to work well over 40 hours a week - you only got paid for 40 hours a week. So technically you really were not making the money you think you are if you take into consideration all the mandatory extra hours worked. Also you rarely ever had 2 days off in a row and weekends, holidays, etc....forget about it - I worked them all. I never had one holiday off working here other than Christmas Day of course because they are closed. I missed many family get togethers and functions working here at Bealls.

In all there were a lot of negatives at this job and 99% of them for me came from the Scheduling but I was always thankful for Bealls giving me this job and allowing me to learn many more skills needed to improve my career. For the most part the people here were fun to work with and I have many good memories with customers and employees that I worked with over the years here. So for that I am very thankful that Beallls is here and giving some people like myself a living wage in a Management position - even if that means you need to sacrifice a work life balance. – less
Not a fun work place.. Productive yes..
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Largo, FLMay 31, 2014
Pros: 20% off dicount, healthcare after 90 days of employment
Cons: short breaks
My typical day with Bealls dealt without a lot of drama with the co-workers. The pay was not that well. Employees including the managers would talk behind your back.
Fun and Exciting
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2014
Pros: going to outside events
Great place to work. I worked there over 8 years. I learned so much about the company and it showed me how it all comes together. The management was decent and fair. My co-workers were awesome and are still like a family to this day. The hardest part of the job was getting all of the stock out on the floor in 24 hours no matter how much there was. I – more... remember one year our boss paid the stockroom crew overtime to stay and pull straight pins out of 6 huge boxes of dress shirts. Each shirt had about 12 pins. there was about 400 shirts. The most enjoyable part of the job was great planning and scheduling. – less
A LOT OF WORK FOR $7.25. RIDICULOUS WORK HOURS
Sales (Former Employee), ROUND ROCK TEXASApril 27, 2014
Pros: great part time job for hourly employees
Cons: very physically demanding. at times unloading all merchandise alone.
LONG WORKING HOURS, NO TIME FOR REST, BREAKS OR LUNCHES ARE ALWAYS CUT SHORT DUE TO BEING NEEDED ON THE FLOOR. LOTS OF RESPONSABILTIY
great place of business
Cash office & Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palm bay, FLApril 3, 2014
Pros: allowing to experiance different opportunities
Cons: no room for growth really
stress free environment worked with great people who were very understanding to any situation which always good to have at any job.
overall at start a good job but has gone downhill since then
STOCK ROOM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Destin, FLMarch 21, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: management not being concerned with any aspect of the job
a typical day at work consisted of pulling the truck on monday. Stripping plastic off stock, sizing/colorizing merchandise. Working in various sections of the stockroom.
I learned that teamwork is a very good thing.
My co-workers were some of the best i have ever worked with. miss them all.
the hardest part of my job was working in difficult environments – more... (super cold in winter/super hot in summer)
the most enjoyable part was doing a good job and working with great people – less
Fun work environment
Customer Service/Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLMarch 20, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: not enough pay to work full time
I help people find items they are looking for. I clean fitting rooms, help with online orders and run a register.
I think i would love to work at bealls
sales (Former Employee), TAllahassee, FlFebruary 19, 2014
I love working with people and meeting new people everyday so working at bealls would be great for me.
challenging sales
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Eagle Pass, TXFebruary 14, 2014
As a beauty advisor I had the opportunity to provide great customer service built relationships with customers. Learned to work great as a team. Learned how to manage, control and advertise a great large amount on products. learning the new on counter being able to provide assessments to customers achieving my weekly and monthly goals on sales products. – more... A job that made my communication skills grew higher. – less
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Receiving (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no heat on cold days in the warehouse
i work in receiving so i work with the truck when it come in with new merchandise . i love that job as i see whats new . i also sometimes help on the sales floor or work a register
Really motivated and great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Levelland TxJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great hours
-making sales,organizing the store and helping out the costumer.
Great Starter Job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Management, would change floor displays very week, keep track of employees hours, make sure their sections were ready for next opening day.
Nice people to work with
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Venice, FLNovember 25, 2013
Pros: nice lunchroom
Cons: short breaks
The people I worked with were very nice and my department was challenging.
Great place, Great people
Associate (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLNovember 1, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, quick raises, generous breaks
Cons: working holidays
I loved working here. Its always changing and once they can trust you you become much more than cashier or floor help.
highly reccomended
Fun place to work I just need more hours
Part time Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Marshall, TexasOctober 20, 2013
Pros: working with nice customers.
Cons: not enough hours
I loved working with my co-workers and with our customers, sure I get my share of angry customers but most are great to work with. I really like our managers, they are very easy to work for.
a wonderful place to work with a great atmosphere
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 17, 2013
An typical day at work will be coming in the morning to smiling faces ready to start their day. Then I would count the money ready to go do the deposit and finish the rest of the day greeting and helping the customers. My most enjoyment of my job is helping the customers their purchases and with picking out their clothes.
Great retail experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: no benefits or progression
Work was busy, and consisted of menial work, however I enjoyed the fast pace and interacting with customers. You learn skills in sales, merchandising, and customer support

1 2 3