Bealls Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace, always something new.
seasonal (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 20, 2015
I LOVE working with Bealls Outlet, good place to work, there's never a dull moment, and there's usually someone willing to help if a question arises. The pay is competitive, very few benefits are immediate, others don't kick in unless you're there five to nine months at LEAST or are full time.

Only thing that upset me was an employee just out of high school treating me like an idiot. I'm a college grad about to go into a university and am much older than she. But than again, there's that one person everywhere that tries to sore the taste in your mouth.
Pros
Great atmosphere, people that are willing to help if a question arises, location.
Cons
Work with kids just out of high school, periodic grumpy customers.
Needs Some Serious Improvment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLMarch 8, 2016
Management is good and co-workers are nice people. But the store has outdated equipment that breaks down occasionally which overall contributes to making your job tougher unnecessarily; working or not working the equipment slows work progress. The entire work set up of the cashiers is terrible and has the potential to overwhelm you on a busy day, and i feel sorry for the poor soul who gets night shift because they will get the full blunt of the hot mess. Basically your doing the job of 3-4 people as a cashier. This is dumb and can be run more efficiently with at least 2-3 cashiers at a time rather then just 1 all the time.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
out dated equipment. one man show cashier worker
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I feel like my issues with this job can honestly be attributed to poor management at this particular location.
I had a family emergency take place while I working one night. (my house burnt down). My manager couldn't care less, she told me to make sure I clocked out before I ran out. I called into work the next day to ask for just a few days off work to deal with everything, my manager wouldn't answer or return my calls, so I went in. She refused to meet with me. I eventually called in and told the person who answered I wouldn't be back to work and I was sorry for putting everyone in a bind, but I felt I had been backed into a corner.

Like I said I don't think this poor treatment of my situation has anything to do with Bealls as a company, but with the management at this particular location.
Pros
Great hours and okay pay for the tasks required.
Cons
poor management
Bealls was a great place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier/Shoe Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLFebruary 19, 2016
Work as a shoe associate, stocking shelves, helping customers. When needed I also work as a Cashier and I was trained in the stockroom as a merchandise handler unloading trucks and sorting out merchandise for different areas of the store. The most important thing I learned was how to respect management and anyone who tried to teach me other aspects of the job. My co-workers and management were great to work with and easy to get along with, The hardest part of the job was the unloading of the trucks, but it was also the most enjoyable because I got to see the newest items that has arrived before the rest of the store associates
Pros
Being out on the floor helping the customers with their shoe issues.
Cons
noisurance with the copany unless you were full time for 3 mo or longer
I stayed because of the co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMarch 20, 2016
I was there 10 years and those of us over 50 started getting pushed out as corporate management wanted a younger image. It was an unfortunately p.c. environment and new hires were often made for the wrong reasons. The systems are antiquated and corporate management turnover is extreme. I have worked in demanding environments before but Bealls corporate is ruthless. I hope for the sake of their many good employees that they are able to dig themselves out of where they are and get on the right track.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
lack of usable discounts for employees
Hard working employee staff
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLOctober 17, 2015
Typical retail chain family owned and competing with national chains; substantial turnover in management due to heavy workload. Systems maintenance was fair, oversight is sometimes good, sometimes not. Employee benefits are minimal and most only apply to full time employees. The majority of employees are 'on call'. The best part of my job were the fellow employees I worked with. We were a family in many respects regardless of years spent together. Management in retail is often overworked and, as a result, under a lot of stress. As a staff member, at the store I was in,, we understood that fact and rolled with it. The hardest part of my job was to see a good and valued employee leave because of lack of working hours or salary.
Very productive
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 6, 2015
Beall's Outlet is a great place to work for. You learn something new every day. The Management is great, they have great benefits, they take good care of their employee and their customers.
If you know what you're doing, There's really no hardest part of the job. We work as a team and get the job done and everyone's happy and we make sure we meet customer's expectations.
Pros
Over-time
Cons
Short Staffs
Lots going on
Cashier/Handler (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLMarch 14, 2016
Management had its downfalls, but most of the employees stuck together to see to it that jobs get done.Customer service often times fell on it's face because the managers didn't see eye to eye when it came to standard operating procedures. Told to make the customer happy, while following coupon rules, a manager would override it making employees look incapable. Then, would get talked to by a different manager for doing what the other manager told you to do.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
Mangers weren't on the same page when it came to SOPs.
Work overload
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 29, 2015
This job is a great job, but in need of new management. It is all about the numbers and amount of credit applications we receive. I as an employee feel like a slave, we clean, take out freight, help customers, vacuum,size and organize racks, move from department to department never in one place long enough to get any organization. The management does not listen to any feedback from employees, or give any praise to a job well done. I love working retail, but need to work under management that actually cares about customers and employees, not credit applications and their own paycheck, above all, if your not Spanish decent, they will weed you out of the store. I am white and I get treated like dirt....
Pros
Great customers
Cons
mgmt, work load, feeling degraded
Straightforward Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 14, 2016
Management was neither ineffective nor sparkling. The work expected was overwhelming at times due to the store size, but the tasks were simple enough. Coworkers were a mixed bag, there wasn't much sense of family or being a team, and management wasn't very warm. Beautiful store, and amazing employee discount, however, made it more enjoyable to be there. Reasonable hours, so your work / life balance will be easier to maintain.
Pros
Amazing employee discounts [sales!]
Cons
Short lunch break, uncomfortable dress code
Easy Work but Crazy Customers and Lazy Managers
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2016
If you are good at persuading customers to open credit cards, then you will excel at this job, because that's basically all that the managers care about due to overbearing corporate credit goals.
There are many rules for using Bealls coupons. Managers all seem to tell associates different things- nobody is on the same page. This can be frustrating for both associates and customers.
Associates come and go every couple of months.
It's a great seasonal job. Managers will work with you if you are in school or have other obligations to make it work. Other than dealing with convoluted corporate policies and angry customers, the work is really easy and simple.
Online order fulfillment and shipping can be really fun, and gift wrapping is nice when it isn't the holiday season.
Pros
flexible schedule, more holiday pay, no uniform, easy job
Cons
poor management, insane corporate goals/policies
Has good Benefits
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 25, 2016
Has good benefits, Job Security/Advancement and fixed hours. Has vacation, sick pay, and insurance available after 90 days.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 16, 2016
A busy work day.
I learned how to deal with stressful situations.
I didn't really learn anything from this management.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of my job was being understaffed and dealing with angry customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was using my employee discount.
Pros
Employee discounts.
Cons
Very short lunch breaks.
A lot of work for little pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXOctober 26, 2015
They are not willing to work with you on your schedule, even if you do give them 2 weeks or more notice in advance. Never enough workers and they expect you to do 3 tasks at once and have them all done in an unrealistic amount of time. Its actually quite alot of physical work which wouldn't be an issue of they paid decently (not even 8.00 an hour) lets put it at that.
Pros
job security, they need whoever they can take.
Cons
poor management
A good place to work
Merchandiser Handler/ Processor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 8, 2016
My typical day at bealls wait for the truck and unload process the freight I learned from bealls organization skills the management team is good there I have fun with my co workers the hardest part of my job is getting new items off the truck that has no specfic place to put them the most enjoyable part of my job is talking and intereacting with customers
Enjoyed the department I worked in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 28, 2016
Opening register, Making sure department was neat. Waited on customers. I worked in the children's department. Dealt with diverse populations. There was a lot of change in management. It was fun working with parents and grandparents picking out baby gifts. Sales kept changing every few days so it was difficult setting sales putting signs up taking them back down.
Pros
Company discounts
Cons
Low pay not enough staff
Great place and store.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 24, 2016
Had issues with management. After I started college she set my hours to interfere with my college. Then she kept zeroing my hours out. She was unapproachable and formed clicks from the younger personnel. When the assistant manager got up in my face and insulted me in front of several employees, I turned and walked away, she yelled at me twice as I was across the store. I clocked out and left. End of my time there.
Pros
I enjoyed working there and I work great with customers
Cons
The management at the time was inconsistant and petty.
Ok company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 31, 2016
I was recruited by this company at the school i attend, I let them know up front what my goals were for my work-life and they told me they could help me achieve them. I've been with this company for a year I haven't been trained AT ALL..... my district manager insulted me when i expressed to her my disappointment with this company and them being untruthful with me. As a supervisor you play a key role in the store, without training i was still capable of increasing sale in departments I supervised from the relationships i built with frequent customers. After I've constantly asked to be trained properly I was asked to go part time and now work two to three days a week. This company does not protect its employees.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Not as promoted
The Best Job I've Had
Retail Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 9, 2016
Really Enjoyed My Time at Bealls, I Loved Working with My Co-Workers, and Managers, Always Fun-Loving Energy, and There Was Something to Look Forward to Every Day. I Difficulty Understood the Meaning of Multi-Tasking, and That the Customer Comes First. the Hardest Part of the Job, Is Making Sure the Customer Never Leaves Unsatisfied. Other Than That, Everything Is Pretty Easy, Stocking Merchandise, Organizing the Store( from the Clothes, Shoes, Jewelry, Accessories, Toys, Housewares, Even the Snacks), Make Sure the Prices are Up-to-Date Weekly, Making Sure the Fitting Rooms are Clean and Checked Hourly, with Any Clothes from the Fitting Rooms Put Back in Its Orderly Place. Overall, Great Place to Start Your Work Experience.
Pros
Percentage Off Purchases, Health and 4O1K Benefits Plan, Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Short Work Breaks, Not Eligible for Loyaltly Reward Card
Beall's was a great place to work, great atmosphere. hours were very flexible, co-workers were easy to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 5, 2016
I would get to work and punch in my time. Then sign out a walkie talkie,grab a credit sheet, then proceed to my work station assigned. Ask co-workers if anything i need to know about the day, they proceed to help customers with their orders, ring up merchandise, fold and package , ask if they would like a credit card, ask if they needed anything they could not find, if so order it for the customer, thank them for their business and come again. Management was always there when you needed them. Hardest part was holiday time , such as Black Friday hours 3am to 10 am Back at 7pm and so on for the the weekend. But I loved it!! Customers would come back to me when they would return that was very rewarding .
Pros
discount on merchandise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bealls Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.