Bealls Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace, always something new.
seasonal (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 20, 2015
I LOVE working with Bealls Outlet, good place to work, there's never a dull moment, and there's usually someone willing to help if a question arises. The pay is competitive, very few benefits are immediate, others don't kick in unless you're there five to nine months at LEAST or are full time.

Only thing that upset me was an employee just out of high school treating me like an idiot. I'm a college grad about to go into a university and am much older than she. But than again, there's that one person everywhere that tries to sore the taste in your mouth.
Pros
Great atmosphere, people that are willing to help if a question arises, location.
Cons
Work with kids just out of high school, periodic grumpy customers.
Working at Bealls
Store Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 19, 2016
I enjoy working at Bealls. I am lucky enough to be on a team where I am supported by my supervisor in every day decisions and in my development. I have grown a lot in my role over the last year.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Healthcare, 401K
Hard working employee staff
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLOctober 17, 2015
Typical retail chain family owned and competing with national chains; substantial turnover in management due to heavy workload. Systems maintenance was fair, oversight is sometimes good, sometimes not. Employee benefits are minimal and most only apply to full time employees. The majority of employees are 'on call'. The best part of my job were the fellow employees I worked with. We were a family in many respects regardless of years spent together. Management in retail is often overworked and, as a result, under a lot of stress. As a staff member, at the store I was in,, we understood that fact and rolled with it. The hardest part of my job was to see a good and valued employee leave because of lack of working hours or salary.
Has good Benefits
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 25, 2016
Has good benefits, Job Security/Advancement and fixed hours. Has vacation, sick pay, and insurance available after 90 days.
Very productive
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 6, 2015
Beall's Outlet is a great place to work for. You learn something new every day. The Management is great, they have great benefits, they take good care of their employee and their customers.
If you know what you're doing, There's really no hardest part of the job. We work as a team and get the job done and everyone's happy and we make sure we meet customer's expectations.
Pros
Over-time
Cons
Short Staffs
A Fast-Paced Job That Requires Great Customer Service Skills
sales associate (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work starts off with a shift meeting, where our managers provide us with information on daily coupons, specials, and let us know how many credit card apps we've gotten and how many more are needed for the shift. I arrive at the register where I greet each customer in a friendly manner, I ask if they found everything okay, and then proceed to tell them about the benefits of a Bealls Charge if they don't already have one in their possession. Between my back and forth register duties, I also have to recover my department which involves folding clothes and fixing the clothes that are hung from racks. Over the last two years of working for Bealls, I've learned amazing customer service skills, and how to operate quickly and efficiently when under pressure. I found the Management to be friendly and helpful. I adored pretty much all of my coworkers at Bealls and over the last two years I've grown to get to know a lot of them really well. The hardest part of working in Retail would definitely be working during the months of November and December. The Holidays are intense and a time to really exercise the ability to get massive amounts of work done, efficiently and in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely helping out customers in difficult situations. The feeling of relief and accomplishment seeing them walk out of Bealls with their shopping issues solved and their desired items in hand thanks to my help has always been a great feeling.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Lack of Healthcare
Work overload
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 29, 2015
This job is a great job, but in need of new management. It is all about the numbers and amount of credit applications we receive. I as an employee feel like a slave, we clean, take out freight, help customers, vacuum,size and organize racks, move from department to department never in one place long enough to get any organization. The management does not listen to any feedback from employees, or give any praise to a job well done. I love working retail, but need to work under management that actually cares about customers and employees, not credit applications and their own paycheck, above all, if your not Spanish decent, they will weed you out of the store. I am white and I get treated like dirt....
Pros
Great customers
Cons
mgmt, work load, feeling degraded
great place to advance your career
Sales associate, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Keystone Heights, FLSeptember 29, 2015
great place to work, fun enviorment, i learned alot about customer service and how to work as a team. My coworkers were awesome to work with, the hardest part of my job was having to work with out a SM for a while when i first began until a new SM was hired. the most enjoyable part of my job is creating displays and learning new business aspects of the company.
Pros
fun contest to boost the moral of the company
Cons
healthcare is expsensive and only offered to Full time or salary employees
Past its prime
Store Manager/District Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 26, 2016
I worked for Bealls for almost 26 years, and at the end of my time they were forcing out long term store managers. They brought in new upper management, and decided anyone that had been there 20+ years needed to go.
At one point actually had one regional operations managers lie to protect herself, at someone else expense, rather than admit that she had made a mistake.
The Beall family itself is very nice and caring, but have distanced themselves from the business, but when they ran it they ran it well with the employees a priority. Today they are run by accountants who look only at $, and not the people.
Pros
Not much anymore. They used to give parties, and days off to attend, for long term employees, and give bonus' at Christmas, and Turkey/ham at Thanksgiving. Now
Cons
No longer value employees. Open all holidays other than Christmas and Easter
Ok company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 31, 2016
I was recruited by this company at the school i attend, I let them know up front what my goals were for my work-life and they told me they could help me achieve them. I've been with this company for a year I haven't been trained AT ALL..... my district manager insulted me when i expressed to her my disappointment with this company and them being untruthful with me. As a supervisor you play a key role in the store, without training i was still capable of increasing sale in departments I supervised from the relationships i built with frequent customers. After I've constantly asked to be trained properly I was asked to go part time and now work two to three days a week. This company does not protect its employees.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Not as promoted
Demeaning job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Indian Rocks Beach, FLJuly 2, 2016
Come to work and check sheet that tells you what is expected of you that day. If it says cashier, that's what it means, up to 7 hours without a break. Breaks are never encouraged. The common word here is "work faster" Supervisors are under tremendous stress to produce more sales, thus they are on employees backs. Cash registers are ancient, so they have a tendency to break down. They are suppose to put customers first, but they are always understaffed, to make more money for the store, so the lines are long and the customers get impatient.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
if you want a break you have to arrange it yourself, you are never told by supervisors, because they would rather keep you working
Needs Some Serious Improvment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLMarch 8, 2016
Management is good and co-workers are nice people. But the store has outdated equipment that breaks down occasionally which overall contributes to making your job tougher unnecessarily; working or not working the equipment slows work progress. The entire work set up of the cashiers is terrible and has the potential to overwhelm you on a busy day, and i feel sorry for the poor soul who gets night shift because they will get the full blunt of the hot mess. Basically your doing the job of 3-4 people as a cashier. This is dumb and can be run more efficiently with at least 2-3 cashiers at a time rather then just 1 all the time.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
out dated equipment. one man show cashier worker
Worst job careless to employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 15, 2016
This was my first job here in USA and I was happy at the begging with the manager that hire me so she is not there anymore and I took my vacations days to visit my family in my country and my documents was stolen I couldn't go back to work at the date that I was supposed to cause I have to go thru the process to get new documents and then come back and go to work but soon as I came went to "my job" and tbe rude and careless present manager just terminated me, they won't pay the rest of my vacation and sick days cause I don't put the two weeks notice soo how I'm going to put the two weeks, one cause they never warned me to terminated me or that I was in risk to lost my job, I was trusting be received back but not, another thing I applied for unemployment and that manager said that I had misconduct, chronic absenteeism and not attendance now if I was stuck in another country with any documentation to travel it was my fault ? That was an issue that wasn't on my hands so cero star for bealls outlet
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I feel like my issues with this job can honestly be attributed to poor management at this particular location.
I had a family emergency take place while I working one night. (my house burnt down). My manager couldn't care less, she told me to make sure I clocked out before I ran out. I called into work the next day to ask for just a few days off work to deal with everything, my manager wouldn't answer or return my calls, so I went in. She refused to meet with me. I eventually called in and told the person who answered I wouldn't be back to work and I was sorry for putting everyone in a bind, but I felt I had been backed into a corner.

Like I said I don't think this poor treatment of my situation has anything to do with Bealls as a company, but with the management at this particular location.
Pros
Great hours and okay pay for the tasks required.
Cons
poor management
The Best Job I've Had
Retail Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 9, 2016
Really Enjoyed My Time at Bealls, I Loved Working with My Co-Workers, and Managers, Always Fun-Loving Energy, and There Was Something to Look Forward to Every Day. I Difficulty Understood the Meaning of Multi-Tasking, and That the Customer Comes First. the Hardest Part of the Job, Is Making Sure the Customer Never Leaves Unsatisfied. Other Than That, Everything Is Pretty Easy, Stocking Merchandise, Organizing the Store( from the Clothes, Shoes, Jewelry, Accessories, Toys, Housewares, Even the Snacks), Make Sure the Prices are Up-to-Date Weekly, Making Sure the Fitting Rooms are Clean and Checked Hourly, with Any Clothes from the Fitting Rooms Put Back in Its Orderly Place. Overall, Great Place to Start Your Work Experience.
Pros
Percentage Off Purchases, Health and 4O1K Benefits Plan, Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Short Work Breaks, Not Eligible for Loyaltly Reward Card
Beall's was a great place to work, great atmosphere. hours were very flexible, co-workers were easy to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 5, 2016
I would get to work and punch in my time. Then sign out a walkie talkie,grab a credit sheet, then proceed to my work station assigned. Ask co-workers if anything i need to know about the day, they proceed to help customers with their orders, ring up merchandise, fold and package , ask if they would like a credit card, ask if they needed anything they could not find, if so order it for the customer, thank them for their business and come again. Management was always there when you needed them. Hardest part was holiday time , such as Black Friday hours 3am to 10 am Back at 7pm and so on for the the weekend. But I loved it!! Customers would come back to me when they would return that was very rewarding .
Pros
discount on merchandise
Bealls was a great place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier/Shoe Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLFebruary 19, 2016
Work as a shoe associate, stocking shelves, helping customers. When needed I also work as a Cashier and I was trained in the stockroom as a merchandise handler unloading trucks and sorting out merchandise for different areas of the store. The most important thing I learned was how to respect management and anyone who tried to teach me other aspects of the job. My co-workers and management were great to work with and easy to get along with, The hardest part of the job was the unloading of the trucks, but it was also the most enjoyable because I got to see the newest items that has arrived before the rest of the store associates
Pros
Being out on the floor helping the customers with their shoe issues.
Cons
noisurance with the copany unless you were full time for 3 mo or longer
Great learning experience and opportunities for advancement
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sun Lakes, AZJuly 9, 2016
The company itself is great and treats it's employees well and ensures a standard of comfortability. If you work hard enough, there are many position advancement opportunities. Training is provided and not much is required to begin working other than maintaining a professional work habit. Be cautious of advancing though, the pay is not that much higher than an entry level position.
Pros
Coworkers are enjoyable, flexible scheduling, company benefits.
Cons
Low pay for Supervisors and Managers. (within a dollar to what a sales associate is payed)
High paced environment
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXNovember 13, 2015
Professional working staff in a high paced environment. Several learning/ training opportunities. Physically demanding work load with decent benefits for full time employees.
I stayed because of the co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMarch 20, 2016
I was there 10 years and those of us over 50 started getting pushed out as corporate management wanted a younger image. It was an unfortunately p.c. environment and new hires were often made for the wrong reasons. The systems are antiquated and corporate management turnover is extreme. I have worked in demanding environments before but Bealls corporate is ruthless. I hope for the sake of their many good employees that they are able to dig themselves out of where they are and get on the right track.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
lack of usable discounts for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bealls Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.