Bealls Inc.

Bealls Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Not a bad enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Valrico, FLMarch 28, 2015
Typical days are moderately busy. When not at the register, you must straighten and clean up the store. Management was fair, or tried to be. Hardest part of the job is closing night after night and fixing everything before you have to go.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando,FlFebruary 28, 2015
This location was productive. I was given the hours that I requested. The pay was sufficient. The atmosphere was dull at one moment and energetic another.
Great company with wonderful benefits and schedule
Store Manager (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: schedule, benefits, culture
This is a great company to work for. The schedule and the benefits are great. The culture is good. I would recommend this company as good to work for, especially those just starting out and wanting to learn retail.
Nurturing environment for those starting out
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Bealls Outlet prides itself on upholding the Florida lifestyle. The working environment is taxing, as any retail position, but the staff is nothing less than extraordinary. The managers display a concern for their employees that borders on parental, and it is especially strong for their younger employees. As my first summer job, it taught me responsibilities one would expect to learn working retail, such as how maintaining a sanitary, cleared work station alleviates rush hour stress, patience with difficult customers oftentimes yields rewarding responses from said customers, and the appropriate way to respond to a theft or armed robbery. I also learned that every coworker, no matter what walk of life they're on, relies on the team effort to have success on the sales floor, and how one should always make the most of whatever free time they have to improve the working environment for everyone, which will, in turn, inspire others to do the same.
Fun and not so fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Port, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: good place to work.
Cons: low attitudes.
I worked here for close to a year in 2012-2013, It was fun to work for a good 3 months in, and they went under new management, and district management. There was no communication, and the management favored over employee's they liked. They didn't want to help other employees improve or even encourage.
In some stores they are not EOE because of how they treat some employees. I worked hard in stock when i was hired, but they chose to teach me cashiering way late before I was let go. I'm pretty sure the actual CEO is awesome, But some of the people they hire for store managers and district managers are just down right ridiculous. I have met other Managers who were very helpful and honestly kind.
The manager may work hard, but the attitude was completely low and distasteful.
Live Observation Control Center
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Was not happy with the way I was let go. the explanation that I was given was they need to keep me for the holiday season but had to let me go cause I was 2 days shy of my 90 days
Good stores, bad managment, and overall company
Empowered Employee | Sales Associate (Current Employee), FLFebruary 11, 2015
I have worked for this company for well over a year now. I've worked in two stores. In this company I have noticed two things, the policy is a " What he said she said" kind of policy. There is no book stating " THIS IS THE POLICY". Which causes a lot of conflict in the work environment since no one knows if what they say is the true policy. With this issue, this causes bad customer service. Telling customers "NO" multiple times on a daily bases, making customers unhappy and unsatisfied. The coworkers become like family though. Everyone treats each other great and is always there for you when you need them. If you need a day off for something important someone will cover your shift for you to make sure the store is in good shape and your shift is covered. In summary, the company has a lot of work to do to give the customers good service and make it easier on the employees.
Jennifers opinion
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brooksville, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: store management gave incentitives for work, and occasional free lunches.
A typical Day at Bealls Outlet was quite busy. There was always something to accomplish the majority of the time and on off moments there was always something to do, such as store organization. One of the most important things I learned was the importance of communication. I feel I learned a great deal about customers and their interest in quality of products. I believe that if given the opportunity I would have made a great manager. I realize the importance of good management . I feel the managers at this particular business know how to encourage an employee and organize team work. Which is important for a business to excel. My co-workers were awesome and had brilliant skills. The hardest part of any job is to Present yourself when you don't feel your strongest. There is always part of any job which has you feeling inadequate but with assistance this can be eradicated . The most enjoyable part of this job in particular was interacting with people and seeing the beautiful fashions and items the store had to offer the consumers.
Great environment but there's room for improvement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLFebruary 3, 2015
On a typical day after arriving at work,after clocking in,i would head straight to the backroom to unload a truck carrying the company's merchandise,after which we would unpack,stock shelves,and then go upfront to work the remaining of the day doing transactions on the cash register.While working for this company i was taught how to communicate properly with customers while maintaining professionalism.Management was superb,there was only one manager during my time of employment and she did everything to made our environment safe,fun and comfortable to carryout our assigned job duties,she was also very understanding,and reliable,and my co-workers were a true reflection of her ways,and like myself,their job was their priority,and thats what made them such awsome team members,i was always motivated by their atitude towards their work,as a result my job was never too hard,but was the best job at the time.
Has a balancing work/life schedule.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Covington, GAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: breaks are fair.
Cons: hours are not fair between workers.
A typical day at work is greeting the customers, asking them if they need help finding a certain item, ringing the customers out, learning how to work the register. Co-workers and supervisors make work fun and make it easy to work with them. The hardest part of the job is when your hours get cut and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
A Typical Work Day
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Key West, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: great co workers and manager;flexible hours;
Cons: salary
An average work day during my time at Bealls Outlet consisted of greeting each customer making them feel comfortable as well as offering assistance and following loss prevention measures. I spent most of my day cashing each customer out and taking care of any returns while stocking during my free time plus ensuring the store looked professional as well as organized at all times.I greatly enjoyed working with my co-workers and miss them dearly.I had no problems filling in when I was needed nor any conflicts with my fellow employees.Overall my job was rather easy,the most difficult part of it was when we received a new shipment and were pressed for time.My manager was an absolutely sweetheart but firm as well.I was honored to work with her and for her.I learned a lot during my time at Bealls and was highly efficient.
Fun atmosphere and positive energy
Store Manager (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: not enough pay
Great Company to work for but compensation is below most retail companies. The company doesn't offer enough rewards for Great Performance....
very fast pace
Part-time Supervisor to Full-time Supervisor (Former Employee), Crescent City, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: vacation and benefits
Cons: working every schedule never the same
I would come in and balance the money and paperwork put on the computer, make up deposit. Open the store, direct cashier associates their jobs for the day, and projects that needed done. May have to set up displays or unload a truck and stock, customer service, may have to do employee schedules. respond to emails. Hardest part of the job is unloading big trucks, but I always accomplished unloading with an associate or by myself need be. Most enjoyable is dealing with customers and making displays and see what you accomplished.
Good prices on clothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: few hours. no employee benefits
Needs to improve on company/employee relations. Increase hours for employees. Offer benefits to employees.
I loved meeting new people
Sales Associate/Cashier, Supervisor (Former Employee), Globe, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: working with an amazing team
Cons: needs new manegement
This job was the hardest of all. I did not like the management. All she did was pick at the negative she did not thank you for the hard work you did for her. She would go behind you and redo what you spent 2 days doing. I would not recommend working here.
Its What you make of it
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: manager is generous
Beall's Outlet taught me a lot about life, different personalities, how to deal with certain people and things in an orderly manner.
Liked the people I worked with
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2015
I liked working for this company I learned a lot about tracking sales and revenue. Merchandising was a fun part of this job and customer interaction was most of the time enjoyable.
Underpaid staff!!
Supervisor (Current Employee), FLJanuary 7, 2015
Way underpaid for what they expect you to do.. The manager gets paid the big bucks to do absolutely nothing literally all day. They expect supervisors to do everything from run the store handle all customer issues, close the store, open the store, recover, process freight, and put it out, do displays and make sure the store is up to company standards to not even be making double digits!!
Fast paced and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: not enough pay
I enjoyed very much working for this company and interacting with the general public.
The advancement is fair and you get the training you need in order to achieve your career goals.
Management was very good. They took a genuine interest in your growth and development in order to obtain your career objectives.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, they made a great team and demonstrated a strong servant leadership attitude.
Trendy Retail Store
Store Manager (Current Employee), Vidor,TxJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: clsoe to home
Cons: no family time
Do daily deposits
file daily/weekly/monthly paperwork
process freight
weekly merchandise markdowns
customer service
store displays
oversee 8-10 employees
make sure monthly/yearly store goals are met

1 2 3 4 5

About Bealls Inc.

Bealls, Inc. is the parent company of Bealls Department Stores, Inc, Bealls Outlet Stores, Inc., and Burkes Outlet Stores, LLC. – Read more

Bealls Inc. Salaries