Bealls Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Difficult to work home life around a job that has such eradicate hours. Sr. Assistant Manager is difficult to work with. Former Manager was amazing and very efficient and did her job well. Your job responsibilities are clearly defined and you stay busy all the time. Job security here was very good. I very much loved working with the public and supervisory part of my job. I also enjoyed putting out freight and making sure my department was completely clean and organized. I took great pride in my job here.
Pros
Rewarding job overall
Cons
Low pay
Beall's Outlet is a good place to start
Theft Suppression Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Beall's Outlet is a company that constantly in turmoil in regards to change in management and structure. Corporate focuses mainly on the department store side of the company. Pay is under competitive compared to other large retail companies but if you are interested on a "hands on" loss prevention experience with a lot of action its a great place to get experience. Those that work with you everyday in regards to the Loss Prevention department are a wide variety of great individuals with valuable experience to offer beginners in the field of loss prevention.
Good for a part time job but no advancement opportunity ,ver low pay for responsiblity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJanuary 8, 2017
I was told would get pay raise in 90 days then told that promise should not have been made. Worked extremely hard through a remodel while store manager was also out on medical leave . This was in my 90 day period . I was not given the promised raise or even appreciation. No advancement or opportunity with this company.
Pros
Paycheck every 2 weeks, better to be cashier not managemnet they pay the same
Cons
Very low pay for responsiblity as supervisor
Little to no hours / Passive aggressive work enviroment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Thatcher, AZ 85552January 8, 2017
Little to no work hours available. Unprofessional and passive aggressive work environment. Management leaves passive aggressive notes all over the store pointing fingers and passing blame left and right. If you dont meet the impossible goals set by the higher ups you dont get hours and are forced to deal with it until you get on someones good side or a holiday shows up.
Cons
Little to no hours available
Nowadays, only good for holiday money and that is about it.
Sales Associate/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Seagoville, TXJanuary 9, 2017
We get paid too low for the work we do. The district manager does not even want to give me full title of "Key holder" so I get paid dirt but do manager functions. Some of the people hired do not even qualify so they last 2 weeks and then disappear without even telling anyone. The company needs to stop being cheap if they want to last because stores will start to shut down due to lack of staff.
Pros
Majority of the employees who actually help out and are positive
Cons
The small # of employees who do nothing & in turn make others suffer the consequences., Management (esp. dis. mng) needs to be fixed.
Stresful Job
Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 28, 2016
Very demanding, low pay, not enough hours but yet every week corporate is sending all these emails with a list of things be done everyday.including making credit card and one card goals. The schedule is crazy, u have to work these different hours, especially during Christmas and back to school they have extended hours with no security to protect the staff. It's all about making money with this company. They don't care about their employees at all.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low pay, crazy schedule, high turnover of employees leaving
Productive and creative work atmosphere
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 6, 2017
I was only hired on seasonal for Bells but it was a very enjoyable experience when I initially started I had issues with a few customers that were older gentleman being inappropriate but the manager was very prompt and getting it it handled and take it out of the store to ensure my safety and comfortability. I enjoyed organizing and rearranging the different sections to appeal to the customers I also enjoyed styling the Diplomatic in different sections every week I was able to explore my creativity
Pros
Free to be creative with style, organized
Cons
We only received a lunch break for an 8 hour shift, the salary was horrible for the amount of work that had to be done, management unprofessional attitude
productive, fast moving, friendly,
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Staff is friendly, keeps you busy, they expect high expectation out of everyone, clean, and very productive. Could use a little more staff in the stock room and at nigh for recovery. All tools are easy to operate and easy to teach.
Pros
Great coverage for day shift, Always had the whole team working together
Cons
not enough coverage for night shift, expects too much to be done with short staff at night.
most days you don't even know what the mood will be like.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXDecember 13, 2016
I used to love my job, it was something I enjoyed doing but after a while I just didn't feel the same way. my sm kept cutting my hours, I hardly made any money. enough to pay my phone bill and depending maybe my car insurance. I'm just ready for something new. I honestly just enjoyed meeting and greeting new people.. I truly loved all of my co workers but its just time to move on. my management team was so, so. I had one fantastic manager. the hardest part of the job was honestly not getting to be there enough. I learned to improve my sales technique and conquer more of my fear of being around crowds of people.
Pros
they did work w/ my schedule when needed
Cons
very little hours, no benifts
Unprofessionals
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 26, 2016
Always changing management, they talk a lot about teamwork and theres one. Supervisors dont care about Nothing but themselves. You cant worry about others because you will be in problems. I hope the bealls family notice the treatment and unffair situations the associates gets from the the higher ups (supervisors and management).
Pros
Works schedules
Cons
Lots of pressure with low pay
Could be a fun job but at the same time, could be a bad time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
First of all they only paid 7.50 an hour. It was definitely better than nothing, but they expected so much. It was a hard job physically and mentally. The mood of the day seemed to go with the mood of the manager that day. I worked a lot of 12 hour shifts due to employees calling out or not coming to work. The hardest part was the ladies dressing rooms. They were awful. The other hardest part was stocking while being lead cashier for the day and doing both and having the stocking done by the end of shift regardless of how many customers we had. The most enjoyable parts of the day were the customers and helping them out especially when there was a huge sale and watching the joy on their faces when seeing their total.
Pros
Every now and them free pizza
Cons
sometimes no breaks and many times I would skip lunch.
Foklift Driver
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 5, 2017
It still a good job, I am friend with my co-workers and we have good relationship together .There is nothing hard because we're always help each other in everything.I just looking for a better job that can help me earn more money and give the possibility to go to school because I want more in my life.
Pros
I work there less than 1 year and I already have 2 different raise
Cons
Very bad experience with them
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 15, 2017
I would not recommend this company. Management is very arrogant and non responsive to issues. Many employees had issues with their scheduling and management would not correct the problems. I am still considering taking my problems to the corporate facility.
Pros
Really nice employees
Cons
Bad work schedules and poor management
Drive retail sales at the store level.
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 16, 2016
Build in-store relationships with all levels of management and selling teams.
Develop a Special Events calendar and implement, along with merchandising objectives, with in-store selling teams.
Sell company programs to store management and receive support for execution of our company Sales and Marketing and Events calendars.
Recruit, train, motivate, and develop our people; our company's greatest asset.
Educate our selling teams and account sales staff about the company's goals, visual merchandising directives and product knowledge.
Provide direction to Beauty Advisors regarding company goals and objectives.
Formally review job performance for all employees annually.
Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to Beauty Advisors.
Fast paced, but great place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Management team is great. They are very accommodating with schedules and make the environment non-stressful. Hardest part of the job is during busy (snowbird) season and keeping store clean and presentable. All around great place to work.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Takes a while to work up to full time status
Great place to work if you like retail and variable schedules
Sales Associate / Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  South Daytona, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Great place to work for someone who can be very flexible with their schedule. You will learn something new everyday and there is always something that needs to be done. The best part of the job is the customers!
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Part time and variable schedules
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLJanuary 2, 2017
I loved working for bealls outlet. My co workers were awesome! I had the oppurtunity to become manager but I pass that up to work for the school board. The hardest part of this job was dealing with some of the customers, although the customer is always right. Management was awesom and very understanding.
Privately held company with a great team
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Bealls knows and understands Florida like no other retailer. Over the past 40 years the chain has experienced tremendous growth with successful private brands.
Pros
Florida Retailer
Cons
Struggling the past six years with increased competition, and target customer has become less defined.
Ok place to start
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2016
This would be ideal for someone that is looking for first time experience or in school. They have flexible hours to work but start of as very little pay and a lot is expected from you. Can become very stressful and it is always short staffed.
Pros
Employee discount. Hours can be flexible
Cons
Little pay. No room for growth. Short staffed
Poor management; no chance to grow within the Company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 18, 2016
The poor management made my work experience a nightmare

My co-workers were very kind and always ready to help

The hardest part of the job was to deal with Management team

The most enjoyable part of the job was interact with co-workers and customers
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
very poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bealls Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.