Bealls Inc. Employee Reviews

Don't bother to apply in this store!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLDecember 16, 2017
Met some very nice people. Management was disorganized or lazy not sure which in this store. Never did what they said they would do. Employees would go all day without breaks or lunch. Left alone & not able to get help so looked incompetent to customers. Hard sell for their credit cards. Workers spoken to if the quota wasn't met. Not a pleasant work environment.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Poor Management & pay
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2017
job was slow paced, not enough work hours given to part time employees, always had to constantly find clothing racks to organize, fold,try and make new account quotas,
Closing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 13, 2017
Loved the staff moved up in the company very fast great experience overall loved the pay and coworkers great work experience learned a lot in the customer service field
loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mexia, TXDecember 12, 2017
I worked there during the holidays. I got the chance to meet wonderful people and use my creativity to set up displays. I got a chance to put in overtime a lot.
uncaring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  1441 tamiami trail port charlotte fl 33948December 11, 2017
during off season bealls cuts everyones hours with no regard to how they are supposed to live I was getting unemployment while i still worked for them since even though full-time my hours consisted of 10 or less per week
Learned alot about supervising others
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cushing, OKDecember 8, 2017
enjoyed my coworkers and the time I was employed in the Cushing Ok. store and the Longview Texas store. Different environments but same professional but fun atmosphere.
Fun work place. Everyone is like a family.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 8, 2017
This was very nice, relaxing but quick paced job. The training was super easy to catch on too. The managers are super astonishing and understanding. The discounts are nice as well. Like 25% off.
Fast Paced.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GADecember 7, 2017
I learned more about customer service. Work with your school schedule. It was fun working there during the time I was in school. It is a fun and easy ob to have.
Not the best
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Floresville, TXDecember 6, 2017
I did like my job due to my costumers. Staff was horrible with assistant management thinking they ran everything with a close end of power. I wish I could be positive but in reality it was just hard with the staff I worked with.
Fun place to work, poor career advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLDecember 6, 2017
credit card system was very competitive and impossible to reach goals. they expected you to sign customers up for credit cards even if you were in the backroom unloading the truck. but the staff was very generous and welcoming. Management was decent, until things didnt go their way. i would say this company is good to work for if you dont want to have a personal life.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
benefits were terrible and alot of empty promises were made by management staff.
It's an easy job with difficult people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 6, 2017
Must have EXCELLENT customer service skills to make through a day. Very good for hours, and fair-ish pay. Availability to higher positions, with training. Anyone can work here if you are willing to learn and have patience.
Pros
long lunches, discounts, easy work
Cons
annoying customers, long hours standing up, tedious work
Nasty Place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 6, 2017
Bealls DC is an extremely dirty factory for a clothes factory. The management is the worst I've ever had to deal with, They are very degrading. If you don't mind working 60 hours a week this job is for you. They will work you into the ground and it's never enough. The turn over is through the roof. The conditions are very unsafe. They cater to the Spanish, Moral is the lowest I've ever seen within a company,
Pros
Cons
everything
Worst place ever
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 5, 2017
Most unprofessional head management ever. They over work you and pay you like your a beginner. No chance for advancement unless they feel it will only benefit their life or pockets. The corporation and higher management do not appreciate they're employees and when they are done with you they like to tak down about you to customers. Wouldn't recommend this work environment to my worst enemy.
Pros
Discount and some associates
great place to work.
e-Commerce stylist (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 5, 2017
I loved the people I work with. Everyone for the most part got along nicely. We all helped each other out when someone was in need. stressful at times, but for the most part laid back.
Pros
going to the beach
Cons
not enough pay
Nice Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLDecember 4, 2017
It was a nice good paced job. I just don't completely like the Retail job area. I enjoyed the overall actions of the customers and how they reacted in the store.
Stuck like Chuck
Associate Planner (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 4, 2017
I worked for Beall's for about 9 years because it was a job and I was building my resume up and I was stuck like chuck. I had a lot of bad experiences there granted I ended up learning tons from a few individuals but a lot of good talent left because there was no growth. The pay was and still is bad, I mean they are lucky to have people work for that amount of money, also it is sad that you can work there 9 years and not make 50% of the pay one hired from the outside will make for the same position. So many bad problems that will mentally, emotionally, and physically drain you. I have respect for the few that I still know work there but I would not show any loyalty or even give them the time of day beyond what they pay me too. So please be careful if you have to work here.
Pros
Ummmm...Some of the people I worked with.
Cons
Too many to list
Great place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 3, 2017
You work in a relaxed environment and constantly interaction with different nationality, many opportunities to grow. I recommend to any body great balance between family and work.
horrible treatment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZDecember 2, 2017
I worked my butt off for them and they were not nice in the end no payroll hired incompetent people I had to travel my district to fix stores all the I gave them so much o communication time I ran tpo store in district and got nothing in return
Our store has a great manager and team.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 2, 2017
I work at an Outlet. My store manager is great. We have a hard working team. Very fast paced job. Relatively easy job. But, it is hard to retain and attract new talent when the pay is pretty low compared to national average.
Pros
Great store manager, work life balance and good benefits.
Cons
Low pay
Poor management..terrible employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GANovember 27, 2017
They make a lot of promises and never live up to them. You get the hours that no one else wants. If your not good friends with the manager then you pretty much get left doing everything and working mostly night shift. Employees don't respect each other and always talking about each other behind their backs. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management, bad hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bealls Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.